Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Read 19669 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Metal Gear Solid 4
      Reply #46: Oct 13, 2008 08:20:25 pm
      Think this is my topic this one! ::) Possibly because I'm the only one in the world playing it online still! :D

KONAMI ANNOUNCES METAL GEARâ„¢ ONLINE'S SECOND EXPANSION PACK

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced the second Metal Gear Online expansion pack - MEME Expansion — will be available for download later this year. Soon to be available through the Metal Gear Online shop, MEME Expansion will contain a vast amount of new content including new maps, special characters, new skills, tournament lobby and more.

Please find below further details on the new content in the expansion pack:

3 New Maps
      - Silo Sunset - One of the most popular stages in the handheld Metal Gear Solid® Portable Ops has been renewed for the world of Metal Gear Online.
      - Forest Firefight - Taken from Metal Gear Solid 3, this dense jungle gives players a new tense atmosphere with plenty of camouflage options.
      - Winter Warehouse - An original stage created for Metal Gear Online, players will have to search for suitable cover, in and around, this dilapidated factory blanketed in snow.

2 New Special Characters
      - Liquid Ocelot and Mei Ling

· Additional Rules and Settings - These can be selected without purchasing the second expansion pack

· Avatar Parts - Players can adorn their avatar with new accessories.

http://kotaku.com/5059794/second-expansion-pack-coming-to-metal-gear-online

Tried to post the pics but they're embedded! ::) Bloody geeks! ;)
      Captain-Cod
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #47: Oct 30, 2008 03:51:55 pm
      Haha This thread will be solely populated by me and CRK it seems.

I'm Ranked 6th in the world at this so if anyone needs tips or stuff feel free to get in touch with me on my e-mail address.
      I've had the pleasure of playing the MEME expansion first hand and can say 2 maps are very good and one map is well...... you get the drift.

Good maps being Forest Firefight and Winter Warehouse.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #48: Nov 26, 2008 08:44:33 am
      Can't believe I'd not got round to the online on this game.

The demo online was absolutely terrible - so terrible that I had given the online a miss - but it is great online.  There are some freaks though.  I went on one level and these four people were just in the same spot taking turns to strangle and knife each other.  Was all a bit homo-erotic.

Then I went on a training level and blew up Solid Snake with a rocket launcher so he kicked me off.  Anyway, a message to all those who never gave it a go after the demo.... think again.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #49: Nov 26, 2008 04:21:48 pm
      Can't believe I'd not got round to the online on this game.

The demo online was absolutely terrible - so terrible that I had given the online a miss - but it is great online.  There are some freaks though.  I went on one level and these four people were just in the same spot taking turns to strangle and knife each other.  Was all a bit homo-erotic.

Then I went on a training level and blew up Solid Snake with a rocket launcher so he kicked me off.  Anyway, a message to all those who never gave it a go after the demo.... think again.

:D The homo-erotic rooms are the CQC training rooms. Great they are. A room full of people who just want to choke you, wake you up, and then choke you again.

Pissing off mods in the training room is always fun.

With regards to the expansion pack, which went live yesterday, the new levels are really really good. Forest Firefight is massive with lots of stealthy woodland places to hide. Winter Warehouse is also a suprisingly big level, and quite hard to hide in, especially outside. Silo Sunset is an actual level from the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops game on the PSP (very well replicated I might add) and I'm warming to it quite quickly.

There's a new mode, which I initially knew nothing about, called Stealth Death Match. Every man for himself. All equipped with stealth camo. You get the picture. To stop it taking too long, the level constricts after a certain amount of time, forcing the players to get closer and eventually kill each other. :D

The two new characters are in too. I've only been Mei Ling upto now, and she's pretty sh*t! :D Revolver Ocelot is meant to be much better!

If you bought the previous expansion pack (then priced £8 odd) you can get this MEME expansion for £6.50. If you didn't buy the GENE expansion, you can get both for £10. Bit shitty on the early birds, but the Johhny Come Lately's always get the better deal! :D It's well worth picking up either way! :)
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #50: Nov 26, 2008 09:00:45 pm
      MGO is a great game, dont really know why I didnt get into it!!

shame really
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Nov 27, 2008 10:25:47 am
      MGO is a great game, dont really know why I didnt get into it!!

shame really

It is a shame, would be good to see a lot more off here online. We'd have some funny matches!

JD caught me a with a few lucky headshots the other day! ::)

;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #52: Nov 27, 2008 03:46:20 pm
      CRK shot me in the box.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: Nov 27, 2008 05:47:35 pm

I hope you were wearing  a codpiece :o
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #54: Nov 27, 2008 10:39:38 pm
      redownloading this and trying to get the 1.20 patch, not sure i'll buy any packs but will be up for some games sometime :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #55: Nov 27, 2008 11:04:56 pm
      redownloading this and trying to get the 1.20 patch, not sure I'll buy any packs but will be up for some games sometime :)

Is right fella! Give us a shout if I'm on the PSN and I'll host a match! I'll exclude the expansion levels for you!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #56: Nov 28, 2008 11:12:26 am
      redownloading this and trying to get the 1.20 patch, not sure i'll buy any packs but will be up for some games sometime :)

Yeah I had to download that patch.  HTTP download's the way forward on that one by the way.  Nobody on the peer to peer anymore.

I'm slowly improving at this but still tons of uber-Snakes.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #57: Nov 28, 2008 11:21:45 am
      Yeah I had to download that patch.  HTTP download's the way forward on that one by the way.  Nobody on the peer to peer anymore.

I'm slowly improving at this but still tons of uber-Snakes.

Stick to the noob rooms, you'll be fine! :D

Once you get decent at it it kicks arse! I think it's sop much better than COD4 online. More structure, COD was just get lashed in a match with a gang of level 55's and get owned! :D
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #58: Nov 28, 2008 03:30:16 pm
      year started P2P then CRK showed me the way took about 5-10mins, once downloaded I then struggled to remember my details (was auto log in before but sing my HDD it didnt do it!) anyway all sorted now so i'll look out for you guys being on! (altho i'm a 'noob' it should be fun :s )
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #59: Nov 28, 2008 03:38:42 pm
      year started P2P then CRK showed me the way took about 5-10mins, once downloaded I then struggled to remember my details (was auto log in before but sing my HDD it didnt do it!) anyway all sorted now so I'll look out for you guys being on! (altho I'm a 'noob' it should be fun :s )

I'm working tonight but will catch you on it one night. If anyone else is on, I'll host the room. Something like CRK's Love Den, or something along those lines anyway! :D Just let us know!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #60: Nov 28, 2008 03:39:16 pm
      I'm a noob as well on this for what its worth.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #61: Nov 29, 2008 01:15:24 am
      2 noob's joining a love den?? is that even safe?? ;D ;)

i'm there :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #62: Nov 29, 2008 10:55:05 pm
      I'm a noob as well on this for what its worth.

It's a piece of piss to pick up.

2 noob's joining a love den?? is that even safe?? ;D ;)

I'm there :)

It's reasonably safe, unless a player called Captain-Cod is in there. Just f*cking hide if he is! :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #63: Nov 30, 2008 02:31:12 am
      It's a piece of piss to pick up.

It's reasonably safe, unless a player called Captain-Cod is in there. Just f*cking hide if he is! :D

My sole aim is to take the Cod out now.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #64: Nov 30, 2008 11:54:31 am
      My sole aim is to take the Cod out now.

I headshotted him once. I nearly cried! :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #65: Mar 12, 2009 09:24:34 pm
      New SCENE expansion pack out the 17th of March.

Not sure how much it is to everyone else but it was £6.30 for me as I have the other two.

Looks like fun for the people still playing regularly! New characters are Raiden (the ninja version from MGS4) and Vamp!

g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #66: Mar 19, 2009 05:15:06 pm
      i've just started playin it getting really into it but just as i met the fella selling the guns in the first part,when you go into night vision my playstations crashed
      and it only cocks up on mgs4 i am absolutly devostated
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #67: Mar 13, 2010 03:41:49 am
      Think I'll revamp this thread! I've just borrowed this from a friend, one of the best games I've ever played! Story is better than any other, and the gameplay is amazing too. Snake is such a legendary character, I'm rather sad he won't be in the next game! I'm pretty sure they're planning on making a MGS movie in the next two years though, I'm definitely gonna watch, I love the game!
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #68: Mar 14, 2010 03:30:32 pm
      Easily the best game I have ever played, said the same thing in the all-time thread

Absolutely epic

Quick Reply