Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)

Read 16803 times
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Re: Rafael Van de Vaart (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Aug 20, 2009 12:11:48 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks this piece of journalism(?) makes no f**king sense what so ever?

You are not the only one . Looks like the media have run out of stories already ;)

nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Re: Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)
      Reply #24: Aug 20, 2009 12:48:14 pm
      That compilation of him is amazing. If we could get this player, we could finally off-load Babel, and I think with the added addition of Aquiliani, we would have the strength in depth we just don't have at the moment.

Please Yank's, sort it out!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Aug 20, 2009 01:02:27 pm
      The story is in the times transfer gossip column. It states that it is a long shot and then goes on to say as we have no money it is unlikely to happen.

Honest to God I should have been a journalist. Sit on your arse all day making s**t up and getting paid for it. Quality job that
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Aug 20, 2009 01:11:42 pm
      Honest to God I should have been a journalist. Sit on your arse all day making s**t up and getting paid for it. Quality job that

Unbelievable how someone can get paid for that isn't it? Just stick quality stirrer and top class bullshitter on your CV and you'll get a job for any of the red tops. I think it also helps if you're a Manure fan.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Aug 20, 2009 02:11:43 pm
      Update your link please vtorres, it doesn't work.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #28: Aug 20, 2009 02:14:10 pm
      Sorry had to delete post not sure why it would not work, sorry.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #29: Aug 20, 2009 02:16:14 pm
      Benitez & Wenger go head-to-head for cut price coveted Dutchman
      Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart is being monitored by both Arsenal and Liverpool according to reports in Spain. The Dutch playmaker has previously attracted interest from Aston Villa, Tottenham, and Manchester City having been told his services are no longer required at the Bernabeu, but reports in yesterday’s Madrid based daily newspaper Sport, claim Liverpool were ready to register their alleged intent with a £10 million formal bid.

The Metro picked up on reports and are now suggesting Arsene Wenger is also keen to bring the talented former Ajax captain to the Emirates. The Holland international has also reputedly received terms from Ajax and Inter Milan, but like his teammate and compatriot Wesley Sneijder, the midfielder is undecided on his next move.

The player is said to favour Champions League football, but his wife is believed to be currently suffering from illness, and the midfielder may decide to return to his native Holland in order for her to receive the best treatment.

Unlike Sneijder, he has been told by Florentino Perez and Manuel Pellegrini he is not part of their plans, and is almost certain to leave the club this summer.

Should Arsenal’s interest in the Dutchman be founded they would seemingly be in a more healthy position to buy the player, after recent reports suggested Benitez had very little money to spend.

Sport.co.uk
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2009 02:19:02 pm by ayrton77 »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #30: Aug 20, 2009 02:19:27 pm
      ^^^^

Fixed link as it wasn't working.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #31: Aug 20, 2009 02:21:11 pm
      ^^^^

Fixed link as it wasn't working.
      Thanks mate, was really getting confused there.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #32: Aug 20, 2009 02:22:24 pm
      Anyway, it doesn't add much more details, just sums up what has already been said.

He'd be a decent option to have, not too expensive. Ridiculous to think we couldn't find the cash for him really, and at 26 would have a good few years ahead of him with Kuyt and Benayoun hitting 30.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #33: Aug 20, 2009 02:26:36 pm
      He would be a brilliant signing but is there the money there to get him?

He would add some strength in depth that we really need
      I reckon he would be a pretty good signing although there would be two problems 1. lack of funds and 2. I can't see a place in the first 11 for him and I don't think he'd like that.
      Not happening.

We don't have £10m and also I don't think he will join a club where he won't be first choice.

I don't rate him either but obviously that's not a reason why the deal won't happen!

I like the way even our own fans think we have no money.. I'm pretty sure we have cash in the kitty, i just don't think Rafa or the Americans want to be ripped off. The market is crazy this summer right in the middle of a recession, the best move for any manager or board is to convince everyone your skint and it seems to be working nicely.

fingers crossed  ;D
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #34: Aug 20, 2009 02:30:16 pm
      Oh and hell yeah i would be over the moon with this signing.. still a quality player just picked the wrong club going Madrid. Also maybe a back up experienced striker to finish the chances if Torres is out too, although im starting to think Babel could maybe do that he seems a bit limited & predictable on the wing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #35: Aug 20, 2009 02:53:22 pm
      I like the way even our own fans think we have no money.. I'm pretty sure we have cash in the kitty, i just don't think Rafa or the Americans want to be ripped off. The market is crazy this summer right in the middle of a recession, the best move for any manager or board is to convince everyone your skint and it seems to be working nicely.

fingers crossed  ;D

With tit and tw*t in charge, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't have any money.

That debt's got to get paid at some time.

Just can't see us buying VDV for £10m.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #36: Aug 20, 2009 02:56:21 pm
      I can see VDV going for 10m but to us i am not quite sure but he would be a fantastic addition to the squad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Aug 20, 2009 02:56:26 pm
      I dont see how he'd fit. He's only ever played centrally and when that didnt work out for him at Real, they shifted him to the wing where he was worse.

Still, he adds more off the bench which is what i feel we lack.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #38: Aug 20, 2009 03:31:06 pm
      I dont see how he'd fit. He's only ever played centrally and when that didnt work out for him at Real, they shifted him to the wing where he was worse.

Still, he adds more off the bench which is what I feel we lack.

Thing is, I don't see why he'd want to leave the Madrid bench for ours. He could go somewhere else where he'd get regular first team football. I just can't see him playing regularly for us.

I'd rather see the £10m spent on a decent back up striker.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Aug 20, 2009 03:41:32 pm
      It's true he didn't do well at Real Madrid, but I've seen him playing very well both in the middle and on the wing for the Dutch national team, in a similar system to ours.

I would be over the moon if we got him, specially for that price.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #40: Aug 20, 2009 04:04:19 pm
      I haven't seen him play well on the wing for the dutch national team, he has hardly played there in the first place but he doesn't have enough speed or depth for a winger. He's a good player though, as a playmaker or second striker. I can't really see him fit in Liverpool's current system, unless Gerrard drops back and vd Vaart takes his place.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Aug 20, 2009 04:08:27 pm
      Not exactly on the wing, but him and Sneijder have played before with a lot of movement through the middle and the wing, sort of thing we could see him doing with Yossi at Liverpool, I think. 

He would add a lot of quality to the squad imo
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 20, 2009 04:38:14 pm
      But thats because there we have someone like Robben, a true winger who can give the depth and width on whatever side he plays. Robben on the left then Sneijder as playmaker and vd Vaart as RM. Robben on the right, Sneijder LM and vd Vaart as playmaker. Hows that going to work at Liverpool though? If you play Gerrard, Yossi and vd Vaart, neither give width or depth, they all have a tendency to go through the middle or towards the box.

And if vd Vaart plays, in Liverpool's current system it probably means either Lucas/Aquilani doesn't play or Kuyt doesn't play. He does bring more creativity than Kuyt, but less in defense and not even more speed. I don't know, it just feels like a make do to me.
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2009 04:54:13 pm by Rood »
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #43: Aug 20, 2009 09:03:16 pm
      Don't see what the fuss is all about. He's a decent player, but he's not world class. He wouldn't play in our team, he plays just off the front man, like Gerrard, and there is not a single player on the planet who should ahead of Gerrard.

I don't think we need a player that we don't need.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #44: Aug 20, 2009 09:09:26 pm
      I would like to see him strenghten our team. Rafa just has to make sure that VanDerVaart will not become an ass when he is on the bench
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 21, 2009 12:50:46 am
      if his wife has cancer, surely they would go back to Germany.

Quick Reply