Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)

Read 16767 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)
      Reply #69: Aug 23, 2009 11:26:12 am
      According to www.as.com it's us against Arsenal for his signature Madrid want 12 million and Arsenal are willing to offer 7 million, we allegedlly have no funds available. Van Der Vart wants to play in Germany or England no where else.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.as.com/&ei=gBiRStmrJZ_MjAf0lJX4DQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Das.com%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2RNWN_en
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #70: Aug 23, 2009 12:18:48 pm
      According to www.as.com it's us against Arsenal for his signature Madrid want 12 million and Arsenal are willing to offer 7 million, we allegedlly have no funds available. Van Der Vart wants to play in Germany or England no where else.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.as.com/&ei=gBiRStmrJZ_MjAf0lJX4DQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Das.com%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2RNWN_en

the same thing is on the BBC gossip and transfer rumour page now. At this point I think he would be a good signing but yet again I think it would be Rafa buying someone he can afford as opposed to a player at the top of his wanted list.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #71: Aug 24, 2009 06:30:12 pm
      VDV is a top class player.... A lot of players have been wasted at Madrid.... but this boy has talent.... he isnt a winger, he is a playmaker who can play on the left, in the hole or on the right, is mainly left footed.. but a quality player... if we can get rid of Babel for 8mil and buy this man for the same price.... we will hugely improve
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #72: Aug 24, 2009 07:39:42 pm
      The £11m Man Who Could Lead Liverpool To the Title
      by David Fairclough Supersub on August 24th, 2009

Great Player, Great Price!

Just supposing that Owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett do want to retain an ounce of credibility at Anfield and that they do have the decency to give Rafa some of the cash from the Xabi Alonso sale to the Liverpool boss before the transfer window closes then this is the player who could well take the club that bit nearer to the ending their domestic league hoodoo.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/24/the-11m-man-who-could-lead-liverpool-to-the-title/

Rafael Van der Vaart is a class act who has incomprehensibly been treated very badly by Real Madrid to the extent that the Dutch international has not even been given a squad number for the forthcoming season and as such clearly has no future at the La Liga giants. The former Ajax and Hamburg man has stated he wants to move to the Premier League and apparently we, along with Arsenal, are the most suitable option.

Apparently so keen are the Spanish side to cut their wage bill and trim their squad, that they are willing to listen to offers of around £11m for the exciting playmaker, which is an absolute steal and surely the Americans can stump up that sort of cash. To put the fee into some semblance of perspective, Stoke City are about to bid more for Sunderland’s Kenwyne Jones!

With Alonso gone we could do with an attacking option in our midfield. Aquilani is a decent player and I am very much looking forward to seeing the Italian recover from injury and in a Reds shirt, but Rafael offers an entirely different option for the club. Van der Vaart is a player who has fans on the edge of their seats and is still just 26 and therefore has a lot in the tank and will be keen to prove any doubters wrong.

Yes we are a more attacking team than many give us credit for, and yes we scored 100+ goals last term. However we are still very dependent on Stevie G and El Nino to provide and finish moves, even more so with Xabi out of the picture. VdV would offer the club a myriad of options as he can play in a variety of positions and could serve best as part of a two pronged attacking midfield diamond behind Fernando Torres, with Gerrard alongside the Dutch International and Javier Mascherano offering the defensive balance.

I truly believe that this signing is a viable one and not one that would break the bank, but the real fear is that Hicks and Gillett are just not in the market to bring in new faces and simply want to siphon off money to cover bad debts but hell that’s a whole other kettle of fish.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Aug 24, 2009 11:09:11 pm
      Reckon we could have used a player like him tonight. Either to start or come off the bench.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #74: Aug 25, 2009 12:38:37 am
      Yep, he would have definatly helped. I think that being to reliant on Stevie and Nando, they man marked them out of the game and we had no one else good enough to get in and take the burden. Think VdV would have added something extra and vital.
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #75: Aug 25, 2009 02:14:30 am
      Think he would be quality signing for us.would add that spark in midfield we're missing.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #76: Aug 25, 2009 10:31:14 am
      It would be good to have him
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #77: Aug 25, 2009 11:26:51 am
      I thought we had no money whatsoever?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #78: Aug 25, 2009 12:50:05 pm
      I'd sooner take Wesley Sneijder. But right now, I'd take either of them, they are both creative players who could help us win games like last nights.

I retract my earlier statement that we don't need him. Unless Babel or Voronin step up, we need him or someone like him to bolster our squad.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #79: Aug 25, 2009 07:38:11 pm
      if hes not even been given a squad number why havent we tried a loan deal for somebody like him?!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: Aug 25, 2009 07:53:08 pm
      if hes not even been given a squad number why havent we tried a loan deal for somebody like him?!

Good thinking on that actually. Surely a loan move would be beneficial to both parties.
      markbfm
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #81: Aug 27, 2009 03:21:46 pm
      Yep, he would have definatly helped. I think that being to reliant on Stevie and Nando, they man marked them out of the game and we had no one else good enough to get in and take the burden. Think VdV would have added something extra and vital.

Absolutely. We put a lot of pressure on our two big stars to perform. Of course, when they're in form that is not a problem. But, so far this season it has been.

VDV is quality. If by some miracle we can nab him, I'll name my first son Raphael, my second Van, and my daughter Der.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #82: Aug 27, 2009 03:31:32 pm
      VDV is quality. If by some miracle we can nab him, I'll name my first son Raphael, my second Van, and my daughter Der.

Will you call your second daughter "Fart" or is your lass not prepared to go through 4 labours ?,  ;)

He would be a good addition for that "Creativity" that some people argue we are not missing from our midfield in one thread and then contradict themselves in another.

All the better if we could get him on loan, but there are a lot of rumours circling in the last few days regarding loan players I.e Baptista, Shevchenko and Robben so it makes you wonder if any one of them are realistic targets or are the press just pulling random names out of the hat ?

edit: I know when the deal was thrashed out for Alonso, I was dead set against him and any other Madrid being included in the deal, more out of principle than the quality of the player, if only i'd known that funds were not going to be released to Rafa, I think i'd have took Sneijder Van der Vart and mybe Negredo for Alonso
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #83: Aug 27, 2009 05:22:30 pm
      We have no money. I dont think people seem to understand this! ;D People really need to open their eyes! There will be no more signings
      REDDUB
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #84: Aug 27, 2009 06:32:36 pm
      I am very excited about the prospect of signing him. I think that he was a class act when he's on his game, but so is Robbie Keane and look what happened there. Fingers crossed that we get the cash to buy him. We could sell Babel & Voronin.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #85: Aug 27, 2009 06:35:00 pm
      Decent player. Would love to see him here. He'd be a great addition to our attacking set.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #86: Aug 27, 2009 06:41:39 pm
      Dont really want him after the way he spoke about the club before both of the champ league games but in our current siuation if he comes id welcome him with open arms
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #87: Aug 27, 2009 07:35:29 pm
      Dont really want him after the way he spoke about the club before both of the champ league games but in our current siuation if he comes id welcome him with open arms

What did he say? Never heard word of that tbh
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #88: Aug 27, 2009 07:45:00 pm
      We have no money. I dont think people seem to understand this! ;D People really need to open their eyes! There will be no more signings

Some people also need to realise Madrid are desperate to offload players to trim their squad and any one they do not sell come the end of the transfer window may just become available for a loan spell. So until VDV is sold by Madrid this still remains a possibility, whether it's a realistic one remains to be seen
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #89: Aug 27, 2009 07:59:21 pm
      He'll get sold though, there's plenty of clubs wanting him. The longer they wait, the more the price drops. And knowing VDV, he'd rather be bought by a subtop club, than go on loan at a top club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #90: Aug 27, 2009 08:03:53 pm
      He'll get sold though, there's plenty of clubs wanting him. The longer they wait, the more the price drops. And knowing VDV, he'd rather be bought by a subtop club, than go on loan at a top club.

Can you be %100 certain of that ?, Lets be honest if Liverpool came up with a loan deal with an option to buy do you not think he would go for that ?, knowing we can him offer him champions league football ?, it all comes down to VDV preference really as Madrid can not force him to join any club e does not want to go to really.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #91: Aug 27, 2009 08:04:48 pm
      Probably we could take him for free ! The law said when a player don't play at least 10 % games a season he could quit his contract! And Madrid don't gave him a number for the new season, so it is obvious that he will not play 10 % games a season.

Quick Reply