Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread

Read 9166 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread
      Aug 21, 2009 12:49:06 pm
      Souness dig at Liverpool: Man Utd best team Owen has played for

Liverpool hero Graeme Souness has taken a dig at a couple of his old clubs over Manchester United's signing of Michael Owen.

The former Newcastle United manager said: "If Michael can keep fit, he will score goals for United.

“I might upset a few people by saying this, but Michael Owen has never played in such a good team with such good players as he will do this year.”

http://link

Ridiculous and abject nonsense! Souness must be bitter
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2009 10:52:57 am by JD »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread
      Reply #1: Aug 21, 2009 01:00:32 pm
      I do know about that Graeme Owen played in some super teams with Liverpool, if anything I think this is the weakest Utd team I've seen in fifteen plus years(I know this might seem a bit of an exaggeration but I genuinely think player for player they are far from a strong team).

I know I might be a bit biased, but who is going to create all there goals, sure what age are Scholes and Giggs they must be near sixty :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Aug 21, 2009 01:48:28 pm
      Souness must have Real Madrid amnesia, was Zidane Figo Raul Ronaldo Casillas Beckham etc all in the Madrid team when Owen was there ?...

Quality player as Souness was when he was here, I do not believe he has ever got over the hurt of his dissastrous tenure as manager and is allways readilly available to have a pop at the club these days.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Aug 21, 2009 01:54:43 pm
      Souness must have Real Madrid amnesia, was Zidane Figo Raul Ronaldo Casillas Beckham etc all in the Madrid team when Owen was there ?...

Exactly what I thought. He was at Real with a lot of the Galactico's.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #4: Aug 21, 2009 01:55:31 pm
      Ever since he left LFC as a manager, he's always making snidey comments. He should stop being such a bitter tw*t and actually cheer the boys on!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Aug 21, 2009 01:56:28 pm
      Coming from one of our best players in the 80's who no doubt messed us up as a manager in the 90's.

Do one Souness.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2009 01:57:03 pm
      I genuinely believe Michael Owen will score goals ....his strike ratio will probably be 1 goal from 20 attempts though ( midfielders score more than this ) the mancs midfield ...Hargreaves been injured for 2 years, Scholes and Giggs needing zimmers soon ,Always had rspect for Souness as a player but as a manager sadly lacking
      100%lfc4ever
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2009 02:05:29 pm
      What is he on about Owen played in some good liverpool sides-2001 treble team just being one of them,liverpool's first 11 against the scums first 11 today i think ours is much better it's just our strength in depth that let's us down and we know that that is down to the two planks i'm mean yanks not giving Rafa the money in the transfer market,Souness always seems to do and say the wrong things i remember him putting a Galatasary flag in the middle of the pitch against Fenerbache which nearly started a riot when he was manager their,he was a great player for us but that's as far as it goes he doesn't love the club like the true greats like Rushy and king Kenny who have criticised aspects of the team over the years but it has always been constructed criticism.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2009 02:18:01 pm
      Fair play to to the man his time at Anfield was a time of trophies and glory while his tenure as manager was an unmitigated disaster if he had gone to another club after LFC and proved himself he would have every right to make snide comments in fact he would have the right to say what the F**k he liked. As things stand however his management skills have been found wanting and presently he is apparently clubless . These are not the right credentials for somebody who wishes to bad mouth a former club which is on the brink of greatness.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 21, 2009 03:28:42 pm
      I can't believe this bitter man and the things he says about the club he served so well as a player but who was disasterous as manager and one of the main reasons we have not won the title for close on twenty years , as for this being the best team he has played for the 2001 /2002 team that won the treble and finished runners up to Arsenal were a far better tem than the present Man U team but this is the man who gave us such greats as Torben Pichnic and Neil Ruddock to name but a few .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2009 03:36:43 pm
      As much as i liked him as a player old souey has proved not all great players make good managers, him being prime example F***ing useless as a manager ,so what the fck would he know about creating a good team ,stick to golf graeme cos youre fcking rubbish as a manager and pundit .
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2009 03:44:12 pm
      Sorry Graeme, as much that I respected you as a former Liverpool player, I don't really respect your attitude towards the club that catapulted your fame in Europe. If you're saying that Man Utd suits Owen best, you're talking crap. When you're in charge of Liverpool, what have you done? Instead of making us the most feared side in Europe, you crushed us badly that it took several years for us to recover from the disastrous mishaps you've left us.

So, being polite enough just shut your mouth!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2009 03:51:49 pm
      What I really find funny coming from him is that he was the worst manager of all time in football history (:P) but instead of trying to help in any way, he is always so bitter and negative. I remember him slating Rafa before, wtf, wake up, what have you done as a manager to criticize Rafa? Look at the mirror, Souness. As much as I respect him for his time as a player, said to be a great player and captain, I can't stand him nowadays.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2009 07:01:00 pm
      Has a c**t for a brain, why are we following up that w**ker?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2009 07:05:58 pm
      Oh the irony, Graham. What next, Beardsley was your favourite player ever?
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #15: Aug 21, 2009 07:27:30 pm
      What the F**k Souey
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #16: Aug 21, 2009 07:33:02 pm
      Sir Alex called, said you left your boxers at his house Graham
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #17: Aug 21, 2009 07:48:04 pm
      He said he might upset a few people well I think you have upset a lot more than you think. Whatever happend to loyalty him and Lawrenson should be reminded of were they gained their fame and wealth,
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2009 07:53:46 pm
      Shouldn't Souness' comments be in the knee jerk thread?

They're such a load of b*llocks they must be a wind up. ???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2009 07:55:52 pm
      Souness dig at Liverpool: Man Utd best team Owen has played for

Liverpool hero Graeme Souness has taken a dig at a couple of his old clubs over Manchester United's signing of Michael Owen.

The former Newcastle United manager said: "If Michael can keep fit, he will score goals for United.

“I might upset a few people by saying this, but Michael Owen has never played in such a good team with such good players as he will do this year.”

http://link

Ridiculous and abject nonsense! Souness must be bitter

The link is bums up by the way.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #20: Aug 21, 2009 07:59:47 pm
      Loved Souness as a player, but he should keep comments to himself.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21: Aug 21, 2009 08:43:06 pm
       I think Souness must be getting horse racing tips from Owen. :laugh:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #22: Aug 21, 2009 08:44:17 pm
      There seems to be two camps amongst ex Liverpool players, those who obviously still hold a fondness for the club and so are reluctant to lay the boot in (Hansen,Molby and Rush for example) and then the second lot who seem to want to be detrimental to the extreme in order to show they have no biased whatsover, Lawrenson is laughable and during European nights Jim Beglin borders on the embarrassing as he bends over backwards to avoid any sort of praise for his former employers but what annoys me more than anything is the way they kiss Fergies backside knowing full well what it means to the Liverpool fans who once idolised them.

Some people will do anything for money even if they have to upset those who loved them just to get their greedy hands on it, Owen knew what it meant to play for the Mancs but money and his psychopathic pursuit of elusive England caps came first,Lawro and Beglin are no marks and frankly their comments are like water off a ducks back but for a man like Souness who I once idolised to come out and have a sly pop knowing full well what the consequences would be is just a case of a former player grasping to stay in the limelight after all else has failed.

Mr Souness once left our club after appearing in a newspaper he shouldn't have, he claimed then he didn't understand the strength of feeling amongst the fans, well Graeme although this is obviously not on that scale it does seem to be a case of lightening striking twice and the cynic in me now wonders wether I should have given you the benefit of the doubt the first time round.

You do realise what a t*t your going to look when Owen doesn't break the 10 goal tally and spends next summer playing with his horses instead of being at the World Cup! ;)

Quick Reply