Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread

Read 9166 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread
      Reply #23: Aug 21, 2009 08:53:58 pm
      Is Hansen the only F***ing ex-player who supports us nowadays! (obviously I know there's a hell of a lot more but you catch my drift!).
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 21, 2009 09:04:39 pm
      I just can't understand why someone who was once idolised by the fans seems intent on upseting everyone associated with the club.

This is not the first time he has said something stupid and won't be the last.Obviously he wants to keep himself in the public eye but he going the wrong way about it, unless he just wants to be hated by us.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #25: Aug 21, 2009 09:12:30 pm
      Really don't care what ex players say...always a load of political bullshit when they spout inane comments.
      Owen's form and united's demise will be proof enough of his ignorance
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #26: Aug 21, 2009 09:38:20 pm
      Souness, unknowingly destroyed our club, left it in tatters, went walk about Britain and Europe for a few shilling. Destroyed a few more and those clubs supporters will blame the Scousers. I do not even acknowledge that he played for us any more. He will pop up again trying to convince some dickhead club that he can do a job for them. Everton come on down. Julian Dicks and twelve more pricks.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #27: Aug 21, 2009 09:46:06 pm
      Is Hansen the only f**king ex-player who supports us nowadays! (obviously I know there's a hell of a lot more but you catch my drift!).

You forgot Phil Thompson.  That guy is a true legend on Soccer Saturday and doesn't stand for any sh*t when it comes to pricks like Le Tissier and Merson bad mouthing Liverpool constantly. ;)

On the subject of Souness, I honestly don't think he's right in the head.  He's a regular 'pundit' during RTE Champion's League coverage in Ireland alongside Eamonn Dunphy and John Giles, who it has to be said, very rarely have a good word to say about Liverpool or Rafa.  To be fair to Souness, at times he defends us with admiration whilst Dunphy and Giles attack the way we play or go on about how poor a manager Rafa is...Souness has had a few heated arguments with the aformentioned pricks.  And there's other times, Souness joins in and spurts the most inane sh*te possible, and just makes you wonder if he even knows what he's talking about half the time.  But listening to him sort of makes you realise how he has generally failed as a manager in quite disastrous fashion at alot of clubs, including ours.  Awesome player though.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #28: Aug 21, 2009 09:51:42 pm
      I'd rather he took a jab at Liverpool than a job at Liverpool the bitter clown
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Aug 21, 2009 10:35:39 pm
      On your bike Souness!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #30: Aug 21, 2009 11:31:27 pm
      Maybe Souness didn't realise Owen cost to much in wages, and their was no way the paymasters would pay Owen's wages.

I do not no if Souness was having a pop at LFC, If anything he was supprised no-one picked Owen up, I know Hull tried and probably a few others but with the mancs coming in, how could he have said no, even though he knew it would incense the fans here, at the end of the day, he needed the work. I wont wish him good luck as I hope he has none, that way he can't come back and hurt us.....
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #31: Aug 22, 2009 06:07:49 am
      You forgot Phil Thompson.  That guy is a true legend on Soccer Saturday and doesn't stand for any sh*t when it comes to pricks like Le Tissier and Merson bad mouthing Liverpool constantly. ;)

On the subject of Souness, I honestly don't think he's right in the head.  He's a regular 'pundit' during RTE Champion's League coverage in Ireland alongside Eamonn Dunphy and John Giles, who it has to be said, very rarely have a good word to say about Liverpool or Rafa.  To be fair to Souness, at times he defends us with admiration whilst Dunphy and Giles attack the way we play or go on about how poor a manager Rafa is...Souness has had a few heated arguments with the aformentioned pricks.  And there's other times, Souness joins in and spurts the most inane sh*te possible, and just makes you wonder if he even knows what he's talking about half the time.  But listening to him sort of makes you realise how he has generally failed as a manager in quite disastrous fashion at alot of clubs, including ours.  Awesome player though.

Well said mattmcg. You beat me to it mate, Phil Thompson is absolute top drawer quality, and still shows the passion he has for our club now as he did as a player. A tremendous ambassador for Liverpool Football Club. As for Souness, as great a player as he was, a manager he could never be. After he destroyed Liverpool FC in his tenure he should have left the world of management, but he carried on and lost any standing and respect he had left.

As for the Owen comment, i'll just disregard anything he says until he starts showing some respect to the club that made him, and once he's gone into the Priory to sort out his blatantly obvious addiction to crack. w**ker.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 22, 2009 07:25:26 am
      Thommo and Hansen are spot on. Even though Souness does defend Liverpool on RTE at times he doesn't do it as vociferously as he should.
      Whelan and Houghton are also on RTE they seem to love Utd and Liverpool are never good enough. I get the impression that they don't want the team to do well i.e no one will be as good as we were in the Eighties.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Aug 22, 2009 07:52:59 am
      F**k Souness was great as a player but done us massive damage of it, I dont think there is anything more he can say to upset us. His managerial stint was more than enough to fans of this club.

As far as Im concerned he can go and shave his balls with a broken beer bottle.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #34: Aug 22, 2009 11:13:19 am
      Thommo and Hansen are spot on. Even though Souness does defend Liverpool on RTE at times he doesn't do it as vociferously as he should.
       I get the impression that they don't want the team to do well i.e no one will be as good as we were in the Eighties.
      Hit the nail there mate in fact the vast majority of pundits and the media are scared shitless that LFC are on the brink of greatness once again, they remember with horror the glory DECADES of the 70's and 80's of manUre being relegated to the then 2nd division - happy days.
                                                            Liverpool Football Club has never courted the attention of the parasitic, glory hunting media and never will they can remain where they have nested in mankchester and london where the horseshit they expound is eagerly consumed.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #35: Aug 22, 2009 03:51:11 pm
      I'll admit that I think Utd's team today is better than the one we had when Owen was here, but its looking like it could be the weakest they've had in years. To say its going to be the best team he's ever played with is nonsense, the Real Madrid team was full of true legends.
      shaneconbutler
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #36: Aug 24, 2009 01:20:00 pm
      Is anyone really surprised. Souness is a complete tosser and don't even talk to me about that little runt Owen.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #37: Aug 24, 2009 06:19:24 pm
      Souness ---great player and a bad manager who fu**ed our club up!
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 25, 2009 01:43:31 am
      I ignore everything he does/says now.the guys a complete arse.hes fu**ed up every club hes ever managed.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: Aug 25, 2009 10:00:23 am
      Souness, unknowingly destroyed our club,

Says it all really. Great player, but after his managerial tenure, he left our club in tatters.

Don't give 2 shits as to what he has to say, he's an arse.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40: Aug 25, 2009 10:06:14 am
      And no one has mentioned Jamie Redknapp - so far up Richard Keys and Andy Grays backsides.

Also speaks mostly garbage about Rafa and LFC while contstantly backing up everything his mates, Lampard, Rooney etc do even if they are sh*t that day.
      dangargan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 25, 2009 04:14:22 pm
      If only your punditry was half as good as your tash growing skills you manc bumming gobsh*te
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #42: Aug 25, 2009 05:23:18 pm
      Sell outs. Supposedly Liverpool greats! Shameful. I agree they have to be unbiased. Doesn't mean they have to wrongly criticise everything Liverpool FC does. Sounness is jealous he could not do it at LFC as manager and Jamie is a wannabe LFC manager. Thats why they are at Rafas throat. Sellouts
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #43: Aug 25, 2009 06:00:41 pm
      He should know, he turned this club into a mess until Roy Evens resurrected it, he doesn't like Rafa, probably because he's a foreigner, that's how fickle I find this guy. Souness we all know you enjoy Ferguson over Rafa but do you have to make it that obvious, and by doing that you know you will antagonise the fans of LFC. Why do you do it.......
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Reply #44: Aug 28, 2009 09:28:42 pm
      Quote from Brian Reades book 44 Years with my Bird.Page 230.
      Souness to BR
      'Awhh,do me afavour,wii ya?Don't f***in patronize me.Every time imeet a Liverpool fanthey tell me i wasa fantastic player but a sh*te manager.And it pisses me off no end.'
      Isaid nothing.Idid'nt need tobecause my eyes said it for me.
      'But you were Graeme.You wer.'
      Says it all
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 28, 2009 10:59:17 pm
      Souness is just bitter cause he can't manage and all he does is go on a sunbed and drink the ugly tw*t!

Quick Reply