Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread

Read 9167 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Graeme (Bitter and) Sour-ness thread
      Reply #69: Nov 06, 2009 12:08:38 pm
      Don't think you can use Chelsea in this bit, they haven't been successful, but they have had a revolving door of managers. Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink and now Ancelotti

Yes mate you can use Chelsea as an example as that for me just "Highlights" that "Stability" Is the key for "Prolonged Success", They had solid foundations in the Mourhino era but failed to build on them with the constant chopping & changing of managers. Utd stood by Fergie when he wasn't winning things, Chelsea never afforded Mourhino that luxury and he was winning things... Rafa is the right man in my eyes and no ex player pundit or media outlet is going to tell me otherwise I'm a little more insightful than that and as a grown man I'm able to do my own research and make my own opinions.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #70: Nov 06, 2009 12:14:40 pm
      I have a manc mate down the pub and his favourite line is this (the best thing ever to happen for us utd was liverpool giving souness the manager,s job fcking wrecked you ) that just about sums up his time in charge of us .
      A great captain great midfielder but sh*t manager and now a shithouse of a pundit.
      A question why do all failed managers and ordinary players think they have the right to question successfull ones?.  
      I remember when Souness was in charge or to be exact just prior to him getting the bullet and the fact is if the man would have been spotted in town he would undoubtedly have been the subject of some rancour and that is the understatement of all time, for what he did to the club. Souness achieved what no manager past or present has ever done - to be hated and vilified during his tenure and in the years following.
      If there were extenuating or mitigating factors to be considered it would have been done long before now but the truth is the man can't help himself he is consumed by his own arrogance and greed and continues to dig a deeper hole for himself.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #71: Nov 06, 2009 12:16:26 pm
      I respect what he did for us as a player, but he's getting on my F***ing nerves. How has he the cheek to come out with some of this rubbish I don't know. Rafa inherited a pretty poor team by Liverpool's standards. He brought in Alonso and Garcia and lead us to our first Champions League trophy in over 20 years in his first season.

A few ex 'Reds' are starting to piss me off at the moment.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: Nov 06, 2009 12:31:12 pm
      Souness's record as Liverpool manager

Liverpool    England    16 April 1991-28 January 1994 played 157 Won 65 Drawn 45 Lost 47 Win% 41.40

* FA Cup winners: 1992
      * FA Charity Shield runners–up: 1992

Rafa's record as Liverpool manager

Liverpool    England    16 June 2004-Present  Played 311 Won 179 Drawn 64 Lost 68 Win% 057.56

* FA Cup
      o Winner (1): 2006
      * FA Community Shield
      o Winner (1): 2006
      * UEFA Champions League
      o Winner (1): 2004–05
      o Runner-Up (1): 2006-07
      * European Super Cup
      o Winner (1): 2005
      * Football League Cup
      o Runner-Up (1): 2004-05
      * FIFA Club World Cup
      o Runner-Up (1): 2005

Individual Awards

* FA Premier League Manager of the Month
      o Winner (5): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009
      * UEFA Manager of the Year
      o Winner (2): 2003–04, 2004–05

Looks like your not fit to lick Rafa's boots let alone to pass comments on him,.Thanks for your achievements as a player and captain you were a great servant to the club in your day, how ever due to your tenure failings as a manager of this great club, it leaves you in an embarrassing situation regarding your calls for Rafa Benitez's head.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #73: Nov 06, 2009 12:33:07 pm
      He got rid of the boot-room,we got rid of him lost some of my respect sorry but he's talkin' through his A**E.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #74: Nov 06, 2009 12:50:02 pm
      Loved him as as player for us, never forgave him for selling his story to that rag of a paper lost all respect after that.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #75: Nov 06, 2009 12:53:29 pm
      IMO I love Rafa, but manager are judged on trophies, our last trophy was in 2006, by the time we get a chance to win another that would have been 4 years ago. Not good enough really.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #76: Nov 06, 2009 12:54:32 pm
      Greame f***in Souness, you along with Whelan Collymore Beglin et al, Were once respected LFC players, Now you are all complete gobshites who in all honesty have'nt got a clue how to manage a football club, Only souness has had a go but has failed miserably wherever he has been appointed, You all sit there in a nice wee cosy studio pontificating on how Rafa should have done this or that, Why he did'nt do this way or that, etc etc,If you all had something positive and maybe even constructive to say then maybe we fans would still hold some esteem for you, But since you are clearly all against what Rafa has tried to do i suggest you keep your opinions to yourselves, There is enough bullshit being spouted by the pro Manure media without ex players adding to it, So why don't you all F**k off up the east lancs and you can all suck each others cocks around Fergies table.    :f_steam:

YNWA     IRWT  
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #77: Nov 06, 2009 12:55:55 pm
      How can he slag off one of the managers who have the difficult task of making us great again after he contributed to our downfall?

Great player. Sh*t manager. Shouldn't really be commenting.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #78: Nov 06, 2009 01:05:15 pm
      This w**ker inherited one of the greatest Liverpool sides ever and still managed to make a complete bollocks of it. Himself and Owen are the same breed. F***ing traitors.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #79: Nov 06, 2009 01:28:06 pm
      I think Souness is a prime example of a man who has lost any significance to the footballing world and wants to try and claim some of it back. He is the reason we haven't won the title for 20 years, I mean how could he fail with the foundations we had at that time, yet he still passed judgement on others.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #80: Nov 06, 2009 01:38:03 pm
      Mr Graeme Souness, in case you hadn't noticed sir, Rafael Benitez is rebuilding for a reason. The reason being a certain ex-player (and an awesome player he was, respect due for that) took the reins some time ago now, and single handedly destroyed the club by himself. Rafa is rebuilding or cleaning up YOUR mess. You had a go, you fu**ed it up, now please accept it like a man and move on. You obviously are still affected by your ineptitude as a manager, but there is no need to take your bitterness out on our manager, who is doing a damn better job than you ever f**king did.

After reading your comments, I seriously doubt if you feel any affiliation with our club anymore. To be honest, it is a shame that a player who achieved cult status amongst the clubs fans can disrespect the people who made him who he WAS. I use the word 'WAS' because that is who you were, now you are a bitter and twisted tw*t, and I might even say jealous b***ard, because Rafa is building something special here, not taking something special and destroying it.

Now f**k off and wedge your head up Purple Nose' arsehole you big nosed, curly haired c**t!

The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #81: Nov 06, 2009 01:57:15 pm
      Interesting perspective on Souness' time in charge

http://tomkinstimes.com/2009/11/cult-of-the-clueless/
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #82: Nov 06, 2009 01:58:33 pm
      IMO I love Rafa, but manager are judged on trophies, our last trophy was in 2006, by the time we get a chance to win another that would have been 4 years ago. Not good enough really.

Sorry, that's a cliché.

Managers should be judged on everything they do, and the problems they have to solve.

For me, last year was better than any Carling Cup win could ever be.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #83: Nov 06, 2009 02:14:21 pm

Sorry, that's a cliché.

Managers should be judged on everything they do, and the problems they have to solve.

For me, last year was better than any Carling Cup win could ever be.

Ok but how long are you willing to wait for a trophy? Yeah it's good we finished 2nd in the league, our best performance in years. But before that the closest we've come to a trophy was the Champions League final in 2007?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #84: Nov 06, 2009 02:18:59 pm
      Ok but how long are you willing to wait for a trophy? Yeah it's good we finished 2nd in the league, our best performance in years. But before that the closest we've come to a trophy was the Champions League final in 2007?
      Until the man gets a level playing field and has the opportunity to display the football genius WE ALL know he possesses
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #85: Nov 06, 2009 02:37:22 pm

Mate there is no team in the league that has a divine right to any Trophies, but how you are saying it kind of reflects that you believe we do... Winning trophies is about building a side that's capable of competing for them and in all honesty when you look at Rafa's 5 years here that's exactly what he has done and will do so until he either calls it or a day or is released from his position.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #86: Nov 06, 2009 04:10:37 pm

Still better than Souness!!

On your point why is "The Chosen One" still in a job?
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #87: Nov 06, 2009 04:25:12 pm
      Of course Souness was a masterful manager who all the fans and players adored and who won a succesion of trophies with Liverpool oops I meant Rangers.
      rafasarmy
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #88: Nov 06, 2009 04:35:07 pm
      Why would a former very good player of this club say such things. Despicable.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #89: Nov 06, 2009 06:11:16 pm
      Souness broke our history and continuity.

I wouldnt have allowed him to go  shopping at Sainsburys let alone be allowed to handle a Transfer Budget.

Check Wikipedia for his Stats. .....Crap.

As bad as Burley.

Souness and Judas Little Mickey O in the same thread?   Well of course.

Some one needs to tell them both, that Life is like a goldfish bowl.

Eventually, all the sh*t sinks to to the bottom.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #90: Dec 15, 2009 05:32:41 am
      Isnt that illegal what he's doing. We're still paying for his mismanagement and now he wants to give his ADVICE on how to manage?!

He should be framed for that. F**king T**ser. You're time has thankfully gone. Should stop him from destroying LFC even more.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #91: Dec 15, 2009 05:36:50 am

Indeed.

Cult of the clueless is Souness.

Quick Reply