Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Arjen Robben (Real Madrid)

Read 26158 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Arjen Robben (Real Madrid)
      Reply #230: Aug 27, 2009 01:32:33 pm
      Why, Bayern? They have Olic, Hamit, Schweinsteigger and Ribery for 2 positions.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #231: Aug 27, 2009 01:33:42 pm
      Why, Bayern? They have Olic, Hamit, Schweinsteigger and Ribery for 2 positions.

As Dmasta said above, maybe Ribery is going the other way?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #232: Aug 27, 2009 01:37:43 pm
      Oh, sorry didnt see that.

Robben + 25m? Seems reasonable considering the figures thrown about earlier.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #233: Aug 27, 2009 01:40:17 pm
      Surprise surprise speculation regarding Ribery to Madrid have resurfaced.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #234: Aug 27, 2009 01:46:14 pm
      Hamit Altintop is more a midfielder though, not a winger. I think he even mostly plays as a DM for Bayern. Schweinsteiger also more a midfielder I think, not so much a winger. Olic can play as a left winger too, but als as a striker or 2nd striker. I guess it all depends how van Gaal wants to play, but Ribery and Robben on both wings does look very good though? But yeah, wouldn't surprise me either if Ribery goes the other way.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #235: Aug 27, 2009 01:48:58 pm
      Looks very good!

We get the Bundesliga on free to air TV now and Bayern played with Schweinsteiger and Hamit on the wing it seemed. I imagine that'll change though, as you say mate.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #236: Aug 27, 2009 01:54:03 pm
      Yeah, that was probably because both Ribery and Olic have been injured lately?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #237: Aug 27, 2009 02:01:46 pm
      Our problems of just adding one more quality player, hopefully on loan due to lack of funds are diminishing by the day it's been a bad summer for us reds in the transfer market (not in the quality of our signings), would have been fantastic per say if we had managed to keep all our outgoings and bring the players we have in... With all the frustration of this summer, our owners and our start to the season its no wonder fans tempers are a little frayed ..
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #238: Aug 27, 2009 02:08:04 pm
      Weren't there reports that Ribery had signed a contract with Real for next season? If this deal isn't a direct swap for this season, maybe it includes Ribery going to Real next season? Just some speculation.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #239: Aug 27, 2009 02:11:17 pm
      25M for Robben. Ish don't think so.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #240: Aug 27, 2009 05:03:16 pm
      Robben Agrees Bayern Move

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5517136,00.html

Real Madrid winger Arjen Robben has confirmed he has accepted an offer to join Bayern Munich.

The Dutchman's future has been the subject of intense speculation all summer following the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

A return to England has been mooted for Robben with Tottenham credited with an interest in the former Chelsea star, and in recent days Manchester United have also been linked with the player.

However, Bayern Munich have stolen a march on their rivals by agreeing a €25million (£22million) deal with Real to bring the Dutch international to the Allianz Arena.

Robben believes moving to Bayern is the best option for him as he is unlikely to be playing regularly for Real this season.

"This morning I made my decision. This is the best choice for me," Robben told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

Bayern are hoping to tie up a deal for the 25-year-old in the next 48 hours as they look to have him available for this week's clash with reigning champions Wolfsburg.

Robben is the third Dutchman on his way out of El Santiago Bernabeu this summer following the likes of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Wesley Sneijder in leaving the Spanish giants.

The news of Robben's imminent arrival is sure to fuel speculation that Franck Riberycould leave Bayern before the close of the transfer window.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply