Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Why is our defence so shaky?

Read 6940 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Re: Why is our defence so shaky?
      Reply #46: Oct 01, 2009 12:21:03 pm
      I think we've done fairly well given that we've played a right back just in one occasion-leeds utd.

With the 3-6-1-1 formation we have we are bound to score more goals and be more shaky at the back.

Its a good thing that our RM Johnson helps defending so often.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #47: Oct 01, 2009 12:23:15 pm
      3-6-1-1?

Torres Kuyt
      Gerrard
      Insua,Benayoun, Masch, Lucas, Carra, Johnson
      Skrtel
      Reina
      ???
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #48: Oct 01, 2009 02:22:45 pm
      maschs form is off that isnt helping either.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #49: Oct 01, 2009 03:06:30 pm
      Does anyone know that latest on Agger?  Will he be fit for Chelsea this weekend?
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #50: Oct 01, 2009 03:59:04 pm
      Does anyone know that latest on Agger?  Will he be fit for Chelsea this weekend?

i dont think he will start with Agger, i have a feeling he is gonna go Greek to handle Drogba as Carra has always struggled with him.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #51: Oct 01, 2009 04:29:01 pm
      Cheers jamo.  I was hoping for Agger, oh well.  No pressure Kyrgiakos!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #52: Oct 01, 2009 04:58:59 pm
      I think we have gone from a phylosophy of starting games intending not to get beat to winning games from the off and as we are playing up the pitch a little higher I think the 2 centrebacks are being found out for pace. Equally we seem unable to defend corners anymore which has got nothing to do with pace so my arguments make no sense at all. Maybe we are all over reacting but I think we have gone from solid fullback ie Finnan to wingbacks who can defend ie Johnson and may this has exposed us a bit more but on the plus side how goals did we bang in at the end of last season and the begining of this. Lets hope we keep going forward if they score 2 we'll score 3 (At Anfield only).
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #53: Oct 05, 2009 02:18:53 pm
      I thought Carra was in a better position to clear than Skrtel? Skrtel like tried his best to get a touch and it ended up at Geovanni's feet.

I believe with time, our back 4 will be more settled.
      Thats it, but expecting more from Carra...Once Dan is coming to the team...Skrtel will have less pressure..
      Skrtel is a born defender so is carra....We will work it out ....
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #54: Oct 05, 2009 03:08:17 pm
      Perhaps we should have hung on to Hypia for another season. As he always served us well at the centre of defence
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: Oct 05, 2009 03:58:59 pm
      Perhaps we should have hung on to Hypia for another season. As he always served us well at the centre of defence

Would have been great to hang on to Sami but he wanted first team football week in week out and that wouldn't have been guaranteed at Liverpool.

Apart from Carra's one mistake which led to Malouda's goal, I thought Carra and Skrtel were pretty flawless at the back.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #56: Oct 05, 2009 03:59:38 pm

Excellent point mate, couldn't agree with you more.
      How we could do with Sami's experience now.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #57: Oct 05, 2009 04:04:36 pm
      Would have been great to hang on to Sami but he wanted first team football week in week out and that wouldn't have been guaranteed at Liverpool.

Apart from Carra's one mistake which led to Malouda's goal, I thought Carra and Skrtel were pretty flawless at the back.
      Apart from that one mistake from Jamie,  him and Skrtel were handling everything that came to them on the ground. We still have a huge problem with ariel threats though. Skrtel is 6ft4" Carragher is 6ft1", they should be at least decent at heading balls away but at stamford bridge chelsea won almost every header. We're lucky they never got a decent attempt on goal. We need to sort out aeriel threats. Its a basic skill and we dont have Sami anymore.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #58: Oct 06, 2009 01:07:56 pm
      Yeh I reckon its to do with the full backs,
      With that Giovanni goal v Hull it was this in the box :
       ________________________ ____________________
       |                            |_________ |                           |
       |                                                                          |
       |                    H L       H L                                      |
       |                                                    H                    |         L

H = Hull, L = Liverpool :P
      Insua being the one out far right :P
      This SURELY has to have something to do with that goal ;D

As I say, this is just an example of the full backs
      Yes they are quality, but just maybe better wingers than defenders :lmao:
      Insua is too good...But he is not supporting Carra in Big matches...
      Skrtel and Carra are a bit rusty now a days... I am waiting for Agger.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #59: Oct 06, 2009 01:10:29 pm
      Apart from that one mistake from Jamie,  him and Skrtel were handling everything that came to them on the ground. We still have a huge problem with ariel threats though. Skrtel is 6ft4" Carragher is 6ft1", they should be at least decent at heading balls away but at stamford bridge chelsea won almost every header. We're lucky they never got a decent attempt on goal. We need to sort out aeriel threats. Its a basic skill and we dont have Sami anymore.

Skrtel and Carra pretty flawless....And carra's that one mistake costed us the game....
      Then what do you mean by flawless.... I think it is the time to get some rest for carra...It is because of him skrtel performance is getting affected.

Quick Reply