Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 40446 times
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #253: Oct 21, 2009 12:55:08 am
      We can't bring on match winners from the bench it's a FACT - we have no strength or depth.  I just hope they battle a lot more on Sunday!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #254: Oct 21, 2009 12:57:45 am
      We can't bring on match winners from the bench it's a FACT - we have no strength or depth.  I just hope they battle a lot more on Sunday!

With Gerrard, Torres, Aquilani, Johnson, Riera and Kyrgiakos on the way back the bench will look a whole lot better in the coming weeks.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #255: Oct 21, 2009 12:59:05 am
      I'm fairly sure something else had happened with either the French keeper or defender. 

But saying that there was definite booing at the end of the game. 

I half hope we completely F**k up and get relegated and lose these hanger-on wankers who think they have a god-given right to boo at the players. It's one thing having a go on a forum, but if anyone boos at a final whistle and they are standing anywhere near me I'll knock the fuckers out.

I cringed hearing that booing at the final whistle. The funny thing is, once all the day tripper knee jerking cu*ts evacuated the ground, there was proper Kopites singing in full voice 'WE LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL, WE DO!!'

I F***ing love this club with all my heart. It breaks my heart to see us lose. But it rips my heart apart when we are going through bad times and some knob head so called fans boo at the final whistle. It's an insult to all the fans who have followed us through even worse times. And there's definitely been far worse times than this in the history of LFC. And there's a good few proper reds on here who'll back me up on this.

We were all furious, pissed off and frustrated at the end of the game. But if you're in Anfield. You save it for the way home or the pub afterwards.

Some people don't know how lucky they are. You can go on about players' wages. But I'd easily replace some of the tw*ts who have the fortune to get into Anfield at the expense of a real supporter.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #256: Oct 21, 2009 12:59:39 am
      With Gerrard, Torres, Aquilani, Johnson, Riera and Kyrgiakos on the way back the bench will look a whole lot better in the coming weeks.
      Well said mate.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #257: Oct 21, 2009 01:01:43 am
      But in the meantime we have to play with Lucas in the midfield - to get that killer pass through...he was totally invisible tonight and when Voronin came on I watched him pass the ball backwards or dither evertime he came into contact.  I despair for Sunday I really do.  We have to manage before they all return.  I'm panicking and I can't sleep!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #258: Oct 21, 2009 01:02:19 am
      I cringed hearing that booing at the final whistle. The funny thing is, once all the day tripper knee jerking cu*ts evacuated the ground, there was proper Kopites singing in full voice 'WE LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL, WE DO!!'

I F***ing love this club with all my heart. It breaks my heart to see us lose. But it rips my heart apart when we are going through bad times and some knob head so called fans boo at the final whistle. It's an insult to all the fans who have followed us through even worse times. And there's definitely been far worse times than this in the history of LFC. And there's a good few proper reds on here who'll back me up on this.

We were all furious, pissed off and frustrated at the end of the game. But if you're in Anfield. You save it for the way home or the pub afterwards.

Some people don't know how lucky they are. You can go on about players' wages. But I'd easily replace some of the tw*ts who have the fortune to get into Anfield at the expense of a real supporter.

Spot-F***ing-on mate!

Listening to some of the cranks on radio on the way home saying Rafa is the worst manager we've ever had needs their F***ing heads testing.

I suppose they don't remember the Souness years.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #259: Oct 21, 2009 01:03:25 am

I f**king love this club with all my heart. It breaks my heart to see us lose. But it rips my heart apart when we are going through bad times and some knob head so called fans boo at the final whistle. It's an insult to all the fans who have followed us through even worse times. And there's definitely been far worse times than this in the history of LFC. And there's a good few proper reds on here who'll back me up on this.

That a true a sentence I have ever heard well said Red Kenny.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #260: Oct 21, 2009 01:07:48 am
      YOUR DELUDING YOURSELF ABOUT OUR STRENGTH IN DEPTH AND BENCH, HE HASNT FOUND A COUPLE OF DECENT PLAYERS IN 5 YEARS AND HE IS NOT GOING TO NOW, ITS JUST A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEMISE OF A TEAM IN DECLINE, CARRA IN HIS 30S AND STEVIE IS 29, THEY CANT CARRY THE TEAM FOREVER. TIME FOR A CHANGE

Fernando Torres, Mascherano, Pepe, should I carry on w**ker!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #261: Oct 21, 2009 01:08:16 am
      YOUR DELUDING YOURSELF ABOUT OUR STRENGTH IN DEPTH AND BENCH, HE HASNT FOUND A COUPLE OF DECENT PLAYERS IN 5 YEARS AND HE IS NOT GOING TO NOW

So I suppose Torres, Yossi, Skrtel and co don't count then?

You clearly have nothing constructive to say so why are you even bothering? Reckon you should just rid us of your stupidity now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #262: Oct 21, 2009 01:08:34 am

I hear Man City have a few bob flying around, maybe we should all up sticks and go to Eastlands. What say you?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #263: Oct 21, 2009 01:08:42 am
      I just want us to strengthen more that's all I wasn't suggesting the teams decline.  I hope you're wrong  :f_wah:
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #264: Oct 21, 2009 01:08:48 am
      YOUR DELUDING YOURSELF ABOUT OUR STRENGTH IN DEPTH AND BENCH, HE HASNT FOUND A COUPLE OF DECENT PLAYERS IN 5 YEARS AND HE IS NOT GOING TO NOW, ITS JUST A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEMISE OF A TEAM IN DECLINE, CARRA IN HIS 30S AND STEVIE IS 29, THEY CANT CARRY THE TEAM FOREVER. TIME FOR A CHANGE

Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Benayoun, Torres. Are they not decent players?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #265: Oct 21, 2009 01:10:09 am

I f**king love this club with all my heart. It breaks my heart to see us lose. But it rips my heart apart when we are going through bad times and some knob head so called fans boo at the final whistle. It's an insult to all the fans who have followed us through even worse times. And there's definitely been far worse times than this in the history of LFC. And there's a good few proper reds on here who'll back me up on this.

F***ing well said. I am not old enough to have experienced alot of Liverpool's history, but have watched and read countless accounts of times that things have been bad. I mean up until the 60's we were a second div side with sh*te facilities and Anfield was not any better.

I can only dream at the moment of going to Anfield, i fully intend on it, but until i can afford a trip to England, that's all i can do. I watch the games we play there, hear the songs, and get a tingle down my spine and just wish i could experience it. I know that when i do i will soak it up to the fullest, ill be just so so happy.
      So it makes me F***ing sick than when people are in there, they waste their time booing. What the F**k is that gonna do? Do you not know how lucky you are? F**k, just makes me so pissed off.

Yeah, that Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Benayoun, Kuyt were sh*te huh ::)
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #266: Oct 21, 2009 01:11:32 am
      YES ITS TERRIBLE AND SHAMEFULL TO HERE BOOS IN ANFIELD, bUT WE MUST FACE REALITY, THE MANAGERS TIME IS UP, HE HAS BEEN FOUND OUT , AND THOSE PLAYERS MENTIONED HOW MANY WUD GET INTO THE MANCS TEAM OR CHELSKI FOR THAT MATTER.

Most if not all you F***ing bellend
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #267: Oct 21, 2009 01:12:09 am

I know let's get "The Chosen One", he can work on a budget of F**k-all can't he.

After all that shower of sh*t will in end up in the championship next season, so he'll cost next to nothing.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #268: Oct 21, 2009 01:12:12 am
      YES ITS TERRIBLE AND SHAMEFULL TO HERE BOOS IN ANFIELD, bUT WE MUST FACE REALITY, THE MANAGERS TIME IS UP, HE HAS BEEN FOUND OUT , AND THOSE PLAYERS MENTIONED HOW MANY WUD GET INTO THE MANCS TEAM OR CHELSKI FOR THAT MATTER.

They wouldn't....

For the simple fact that they wouldn't go there in the first place so it's not an issue so therefore who gives a flying rats ass?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #269: Oct 21, 2009 01:13:06 am

Try using spell-checker next time, thick c**t!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #270: Oct 21, 2009 01:13:08 am
      I mean up until the 60's we were a second div side

Well not quite mate, we were a top flight side for many years between our beginning in 1892 to the 1960s winning a few League titles along the way.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #271: Oct 21, 2009 01:13:25 am
      Sorry Tonybro are you a Manc/Chavs fan... is this a serious question or are you goading on a night when most Reds tempers and emotions are frayed
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #272: Oct 21, 2009 01:14:14 am

Turn your caps lock off. And wud is not a word.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #273: Oct 21, 2009 01:15:24 am
      Sorry Tonybro are you a Manc/Chavs fan... is this a serious question or are you goading on a night when most Reds tempers and emotions are frayed

He's a bluenose pr**k on a wind-up.

Maybe if we get knocked out ot the Champions League, we can meet them in the Europa League knockout rounds.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #274: Oct 21, 2009 01:16:22 am
      Well not quite mate, we were a top flight side for many years between our beginning in 1892 to the 1960s winning a few League titles along the way.

Oh mate i know that, don't worry. I just mean for quite awhile before the 60's we had gone downhill and no where, dark days in there.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #275: Oct 21, 2009 01:16:31 am
      Turn your caps lock off. And wud is not a word.

Just to add to this...

It's the button under the one that says Tab and above the one that says Shift. I would suggest you seriously look into Shift - Shifting back off to RedCafe ruins.

Quick Reply