Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Fiorentina Protest: H+G OUT!

Read 4634 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Fiorentina Protest: H+G OUT!
      Nov 30, 2009 05:13:18 pm
      I know Ive posted this in the wrong section but far more people will read it here and I think its important as many people read it as possible.

SOS Fiorentina Protest
      Fiorentina - Protest
      Mon 30 Nov 2009

Picture this in some alternative universe: 9th December 2009. Liverpool line up to play their last ever Champions League group game at Anfield before moving into their newly built 60,000 seater stadium next season. Snoogy Doogy nets a hatrick in the 3-0 win over Fiorentina in a meaningless game since the Reds secured passage to the knockout stages of the Champions League in the previous game. In the pubs around Anfield after the game fans discuss what would have happened if Moores and Parry had sold to DIC with the recent news stories about financial troubles in Dubai.

Instead we have a net spend in the transfer window, that is considerably less than the owner's expenses claims, A shovel (unless it hasn't been sold to pay off an interest payment) that hasn't been used and a debt that is more than the original purchase price of the club. Broken Promises, Budgets, Balance Sheets and Lies should not be something we have to worry about, but whilst they are we will make a stand.
      The Spirit of Shankly calls upon all fans attending the game to show that this game is far from meaningless and this is our chance to tell the world from INSIDE the ground what Hicks and Gillett are doing to our football club.

Let us have 90 minutes of banners and chants to show that we are not going to just sit back and live from refinancing deal to refinancing deal.

Let us tell the world together that Tom and George are not welcome here.

They'll get both mine and me mates 90 minutes support for this. Everyone else who's going better do the same.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Re: Fiorentina Protest: H+G OUT!
      Reply #1: Nov 30, 2009 05:51:54 pm
      I wish that i could attend, but total support from Norway !
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2009 05:55:20 pm
      I wish that I could attend, but total support from Norway !

I wish you could attend! Last time we tried to sing Anti-Yank songs during a game it didnt go down too well. Hopefully there will be less gobshites in the Kop this time round and we get enough backing to make an impact.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2009 11:37:48 pm
      If ever there's going to be a game to boycot, this has to be the one.Means f*ck all, so if we're ever going to do it then do it now.The only problem I see is that the media might use it to criticise Rafa and the team,so if it's to be done then we have to make it very clear why it's being done.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Dec 01, 2009 12:03:12 pm
      This is definitely the game for fans to show exactly what they think of these 2 muppets, the longer we have them as owners the harder Rafa job will be. This is a nothing game we will never get a better chance as fans.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Dec 01, 2009 12:57:46 pm
      Fantastic to see that we're organising such a public display against these two lying beauts.

Hope it sends the message.

Hicks and Gillett OUT!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Dec 01, 2009 01:40:28 pm
      Wish i could make it too lads, I like millions of others are on the dole and can't afford jack, But if there is anyone out there willing to get me a ticket and put me up for the night then i would have no hesitation, I'd love to show them two F**k wits what for, As mentioned before  it's a meaningless game but we have to show how we feel not just at this game but for every home game, They have to show face in the d box again sometime this season.
       H&G F**k off out
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Dec 01, 2009 01:44:39 pm
      Protest after protest.  They're not listening...
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #8: Dec 01, 2009 01:49:53 pm
      Wish I could be there. It should be a thunderous atmosphere! Get the f**k out from Anfield forever H&G, you're ruining Liverpool!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Dec 01, 2009 02:06:55 pm
      I would support you lot If I could.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 01, 2009 02:19:14 pm
      Wish i could do something from South Africa.F***ing hate those 2 cu*ts.Everyone thats going to Anfield on that night need to voice their opinion.F**k off out of Liverpool you pricks
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #11: Dec 01, 2009 04:33:49 pm

Good attitude that.

We've never had a decent in-game protest. This will be live in front of the world on the Champions League stage. We'll make them listen.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Dec 01, 2009 04:43:28 pm
      Good attitude that.

We've never had a decent in-game protest. This will be live in front of the world on the Champions League stage. We'll make them listen.

Yeah it is actually.

It feels like we're hitting a brick wall with these protests, sorry for showing a little frustration.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #13: Dec 01, 2009 04:54:56 pm
      We need to do something BIG that will catch their attention...everbody has to sing!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #14: Dec 01, 2009 04:56:44 pm
      Sing for me if you're going! :D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #15: Dec 01, 2009 05:05:41 pm
      I'll be there along with thousands of others singing my heart out.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Dec 01, 2009 05:25:02 pm
      It feels like we're hitting a brick wall with these protests, sorry for showing a little frustration.

I'm sure you're not the only one who feels frustrated and feels it gets you nowhere mate.

Just got to keep trying though.

I'll be there too and I'll be making noise for the people on here who can't make it.

YNWA
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #17: Dec 01, 2009 06:20:33 pm
      It's important to never give up, they will win then. And they SHALL NOT win. Well in SOS, i trust you !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #18: Dec 01, 2009 08:33:44 pm
      The only way to make them listen is to hit them in the pockets BOYCOT either the game or the merchendise if not the game then don't spend any money in the ground
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 01, 2009 09:12:21 pm
      Im going to the game but I think we should make our voices heard in and outside the ground of our hate for those pricks... If we boycotted this game other fans would call us glory hunters for not being there when the team needs us and that will be against fiorentina... Not buying merchandise will only affect the club more than H + G also I find that a no-win situation... What we should be getting ready is chants for them to feel unwanted!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20: Dec 01, 2009 09:15:00 pm
      The only way to make them listen is to hit them in the pockets BOYCOTT either the game or the merchandise if not the game then don't spend any money in the ground

REMEMBER:
      We are their prey.
      We are the ultimate consumers.
      The CAPTIVE, PASSIONATE, EMOTIVE, LOCKED IN, supporters who would do anything, go anywhere and pay anything, for our beloved club.

The protests are stale.
      Hicks and Gillett are just waiting for the apathy to kick in and we then  fall off one by one accepting their corrupt twisted regime.
      Its called "running out the time".
      Big companies do it to little people who dare to take them to court. Eventually the little people give up as time moves on.

Withdrawing our financial support boycotting every third of fourth game will hurt them far far more.

Will we mobilise?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 01, 2009 09:17:50 pm
      How about we all bring our sleeping bags and dont leave Anfield until H + G leave their positions.... :P :P :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #22: Dec 01, 2009 09:22:46 pm
      They're not interested in us singing chants during a game.  The tele don't want to focus on it.

I'd rather sing Shankly songs all game, and throw a tenner in to the assassin fund.

Quick Reply