Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Torres - I Feel Like A Scouser!

Read 9663 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Re: Torres - I Feel Like A Scouser!
      Reply #46: Dec 03, 2009 05:58:35 pm
      I'm a supporter - just because I can analyse things from a different angle doesn't mean that i'm some crazed imposter trying to get a rise out of you.

Fair enough you kicked off about Torres and made some comments about him bullshitting and then you claim that his work rate is questionable now these remarks are so far off the mark  they defy the word analysis and come under the definition rant.
      As for the comments regarding Gerrard you sound for all the world like a reporter for the F***ing rag we despise - so you see why I would question your loyalties there are times when an off the wall view is productive but your comments are completely negative and a tad mischievous.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #47: Dec 03, 2009 06:08:59 pm
      Fair enough you kicked off about Torres and made some comments about him bullshitting and then you claim that his work rate is questionable now these remarks are so far off the mark  they defy the word analysis and come under the definition rant.
      As for the comments regarding Gerrard you sound for all the world like a reporter for the f**king rag we despise - so you see why I would question your loyalties there are times when an off the wall view is productive but your comments are completely negative and a tad mischievous.

Exactly. There is constructive criticism/argument. And then there is complete, contrived crap that just stinks of winding up. And coming on to a topic dedicated to how much Torres has come to love Liverpool, and us him, and criticize his work rate and his loyalty is pretty stupid i think.

And the Gerrard thing is way off too. He needs to do some research before he comes on here and starts sprouting crap about our two greatest players of recent times.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #48: Dec 03, 2009 06:13:22 pm
      Exactly. There is constructive criticism/argument. And then there is complete, contrived crap that just stinks of winding up. And coming on to a topic dedicated to how much Torres has come to love Liverpool, and us him, and criticize his work rate and his loyalty is pretty stupid i think.

And the Gerrard thing is way off too. He needs to do some research before he comes on here and starts sprouting crap about our two greatest players of recent times.
      Fazakarley
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: Dec 03, 2009 06:13:48 pm
      I've been married 13 years and have two kids but if Nando walked into my house and said he wanted
      the lot I,d hand over everything to see him stay a red, (perhaps not the kids)He is a LEGEND already
      and heres to many more years.
      I'm straight as an arrow but I Love this man!

:lmao: Love it. Especially the '(perhaps not the kids)'.

Torres has proven time and again that he's got the goods to back up the words. So he can say all he likes in my opinion.

And it's always nice to hear praise about the city. Especially when a lot of people still have a blinkered opinion about it.

Well in Torres!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #50: Dec 03, 2009 07:05:28 pm
      Talk about turnin a positive into a negative. Haven't we ALL had a bit too much of that lately? Time to lift the heads lads, we can't expect the team to if we can't manage to do it while we're just typin.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #51: Dec 03, 2009 07:26:21 pm
      Cheers StevieG123 for putting this up. Saw this the other day when i was in school but couldn't get reading it all and then couldn't find it on the official site. Great to hear that Nando is enjoying himself and it was a good read. Lets hope we have him fit for Blackburn. Heading over from Ireland for the Arsenal match- really hope to see him play as i have still not seen him play in the flesh :)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #52: Dec 03, 2009 08:35:14 pm
      Ita a proven fact that the community and press are VERY influential in the players lives.  You can see that superstar players are affected by articles, blogs, forums, citizens in the communities, how people treat him when he is out with family and friends.  Torres has certainly been adopted by Liverpool and its fans. He even made a point that Everton supporters are good to him.  I think that goes a long way into showing the mentality of the Liverpool people and what they think of those who respect their town and community.

I dont see the same for players at Chelsea or Man U.  Certain teams dont consider "Family" as a factor in keeping and signing players.  Their are towns and communities that respect their players and treat them as normal people. I think beside the people of Liverpool, it seems that W. Ham and Pompey supporters are good to their players also. Which is just speculation from certain articles and things I've read about them, but it seems true.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Dec 03, 2009 10:55:41 pm
      Talk about turnin a positive into a negative. Haven't we ALL had a bit too much of that lately? Time to lift the heads lads, we can't expect the team to if we can't manage to do it while we're just typin.

This.

We love you too, Nando...well in mate.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #54: Dec 03, 2009 11:13:10 pm
      Bet you felt like a Scouser yourself when we were in that show eh Ian?

You're an honorary Scouser, just like Torres.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #55: Dec 04, 2009 11:15:52 am

Might be gettin the wrong end of the stick here but..........What show??
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #56: Dec 04, 2009 11:32:12 am
      Fair enough you kicked off about Torres and made some comments about him bullshitting and then you claim that his work rate is questionable now these remarks are so far off the mark  they defy the word analysis and come under the definition rant.
      As for the comments regarding Gerrard you sound for all the world like a reporter for the f**king rag we despise - so you see why I would question your loyalties there are times when an off the wall view is productive but your comments are completely negative and a tad mischievous.

I didn't criticize his work rate - my point essentially is that I would rather see him do his talking on the pitch - i dont think that is particuarly outlandish, because I think Torres COULD become one of the best strikers in the world, but as of today he is not as most importantly is not playing enough football but also hasn't won anything at club level
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #57: Dec 04, 2009 11:42:38 am
      You can't blame him for not playing enough football. He didn't plan to have those injuries and had even taken the options of pain killers so that he could get our season back on track. Injuries are something you can't avoid, especially when you're the best striker in the world, playing at the highest level.

At the start of the season, I felt he looked like he couldn't be bothered but as long as he's scoring goals every game or every other game, and the fact that he feels at home and loves us is just enough for me.

Why don't you start looking at the positives instead of harping on about the negatives?
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #58: Dec 04, 2009 11:53:17 am
      You can't blame him for not playing enough football. He didn't plan to have those injuries and had even taken the options of pain killers so that he could get our season back on track. Injuries are something you can't avoid, especially when you're the best striker in the world, playing at the highest level.

At the start of the season, I felt he looked like he couldn't be bothered but as long as he's scoring goals every game or every other game, and the fact that he feels at home and loves us is just enough for me.

Why don't you start looking at the positives instead of harping on about the negatives?

What positives?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #59: Dec 04, 2009 12:34:58 pm

I knew you'd say that.
      We've been unbeaten in 5 games.
      We've won 2 games in a row, keeping clean sheets in the process.
      Steven Gerrard has been playing.
      Fernando Torres is nearing return. Even though injured, he has scored goals.
      David N'gog been doing his job brilliantly as cover to Nando.
      Daniel Agger has been playing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #60: Dec 04, 2009 02:26:06 pm
      I'll give you a positive my friend both players could command a fee of £50m EACH if they were sold and that is a conservative figure, so it seems that you're views cannot be taken seriously when people professionally qualified to assess athletic skills are willing to throw away serious dosh on "questionable talent".
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2009 02:31:20 pm by stuey »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #61: Dec 04, 2009 08:46:43 pm
      I didn't criticize his work rate - my point essentially is that I would rather see him do his talking on the pitch - I dont think that is particuarly outlandish, because I think Torres COULD become one of the best strikers in the world, but as of today he is not as most importantly is not playing enough football but also hasn't won anything at club level

Seriously - what is your issue?! You DID so criticize his work rate, go back and read! Why the hell are you so he'll bent on being a Johnny Bringdown? Winning something at club level is not the key to being a great striker, that's bullshit. By that logic you are saying Berbaflop and Tevez are better than Nando then eh?
      Let's not forget he helped win Spain their first cup for a long time, with a world class winner goal too. That by your logic is a world class player, no?
      And 10 goals this season isn't enough talking on the pitch, considering the injuries he has been having?

I eagerly await you're well thought out constructive reply ::)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Dec 04, 2009 10:28:05 pm
      Might be gettin the wrong end of the stick here but..........What show??

He was talking about the Shankly Show that was on at the Royal Court mate.

As for the last three posts - bait and take, come to mind lads.  :f_whistle:

You don't need to hear or read words from Torres to know he feels like a scouser. You only have to see how he plays for us to know this. And also, to see how he moans to the ref. All scousers do that.  ;)

Top man. Top player. Top Spanish Scouser.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      Reply #63: Dec 04, 2009 10:32:28 pm

Thanks Gow mate.

Was a great night that, so glad Cas organized the tickets to go, will never forget mate.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #64: Dec 04, 2009 10:50:11 pm
      I didn't criticize his work rate - my point essentially is that I would rather see him do his talking on the pitch - I dont think that is particuarly outlandish, because I think Torres COULD become one of the best strikers in the world, but as of today he is not as most importantly is not playing enough football but also hasn't won anything at club level

What other strikers do you fancy over Torres? Please justify him NOT being one of the best in the world today??
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: Dec 04, 2009 10:52:05 pm

As for the last three posts - bait and take, come to mind lads.  :f_whistle:

:laugh: I just wanna put that lad in his place. Im a feisty b***ard sometimes ;) :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      Reply #66: Dec 04, 2009 11:00:21 pm
      :laugh: I just wanna put that lad in his place. Im a feisty b***ard sometimes ;) :D

Sometimes ?  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Dec 04, 2009 11:01:35 pm

Sometimes, yes. People from Melbourne on the other hand :f_whistle:

;)
      maxpinay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #68: Dec 05, 2009 04:47:16 am
      Best Striker in the world. Liverpool sure is lucky to have him in the neighborhood. How I wish I lived there too. Too bad he's not playing against Blackburn... I feel like it's been too long since he played. No rush though, better healthy and fit than sorry.

Quick Reply