Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings

Read 21079 times
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Re: Andrea Dossena Player Thread
      Reply #69: Dec 09, 2009 09:53:44 pm
      Did the most running tonight, and thought he played really well. Dunno why he didn't play this well from the start, but if he does leave i hope its at the end of the season and not in january
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fiorentina
      Reply #70: Dec 09, 2009 09:53:44 pm

No. He ate it before i could take it.

;)
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #71: Dec 09, 2009 09:54:30 pm
      I hate seeing us lose, so I'm not happy at all at the moment.  But, I thought we deserved a lot more from the game.  We had a few very close calls where our man in the box just failed to connect with a cross that possibly would have resulted in a goal.

Thought Aquilani looked inventive in the first half.  Great touch from Yossi to score.  Stevie made some great passes.  We finally saw Pacheco make his first team debut, and he looked well up for it.  Apart from a couple of slips, one which unfortunately led to their winner, Darby had a decent debut.  Cavelieri was very good.  And Nando's back!

Not happy but not gutted.  We looked a lot better, showed more drive than we have for a while.  Just hope this doesn't knock the lads confidence.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #72: Dec 09, 2009 09:54:51 pm
      I honestly think on the back of tonights performance Doss deserves some time out on the left wing, I think he offered more from there tonight than Riera and Babel have all season and deserves to keep his place on merit. Doss for the left drop Kuyt to the bench and play Yossi on the right against Arsenal.
      Exactly what I was about to say.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #73: Dec 09, 2009 09:55:12 pm
      Soz mate, Yes Dirk Kuyt had a pretty poor game but this season he has been a real workhorse for LFC but he will always give 100% you cant ask any more!!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #74: Dec 09, 2009 09:55:52 pm
      Thougth we played well, was kuyt playing never saw him the whole game

just when we looked like we were goint to win it....we lost

story of the year......   lets put this one behind us and move on and win the Europa league, 4th place not good enought though, we need silverware this year.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #75: Dec 09, 2009 09:56:35 pm
      Anyone listening to Klinnsman on sky right now, he sound as if he thinks he'll be the next manage, saying things like we don't have any quality, ably backed by Souness, I F***ing hate the F***ing lot of them, If he comes here he won't last long, why, because it's time to get rid of the owners and he'll be caught in the middle.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #76: Dec 09, 2009 09:56:51 pm
      We worked his arse off and credit where its due he will win a few people round if he puts in performances like that! Played some decent passes too!

I have to say I've slated Doss myself, but to see him put a shift in like that from the left wing I was mightly impressed, he stayed as wide as he could at most times getting his wheels white, played some nice passes/crosses and broke into the box on 2/3 occasions and was unlucky not to get himself on the scoresheet.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #77: Dec 09, 2009 09:56:57 pm
      Soz mate, Yes Dirk Kuyt had a pretty poor game but this season he has been a real workhorse for LFC but he will always give 100% you cant ask any more!!
      He's been crap the last 5 or 6 games and has to be dropped.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #78: Dec 09, 2009 09:57:44 pm
      Workhouse my arse Dirk Kuyt performances have simply been awful all season. He offers the team F**k all at the moment whether he plays up front or out on the right. The position I'd play him is on the bench next to Insua.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #79: Dec 09, 2009 09:59:13 pm
      Can see Voronin & Babel going down the pecking order with the rise of Pacheco & Dossena.

They get to play their game towards the end of the match because we pull out Masch and they brought in their Vargas,  and the latin-with deadly left foot-guy. Torres was put in to get some minutes after a three week break.

Sad to see some of us gone overboard with the result and couldn't see the bigger picture.

We had better movements, passes, crosses... we were playing good football tonight despite the result.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #80: Dec 09, 2009 10:00:14 pm
      Not this season he ain't
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #81: Dec 09, 2009 10:00:53 pm

willing to give 100% should be a given for any player especially ones playing for LFC. so yes we could ask for more!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Dec 09, 2009 10:01:13 pm
      I wouldn't get carried away with Dossena, we still badly need a quality wide left midfielder.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 930 
      Reply #83: Dec 09, 2009 10:01:30 pm
      Sky interviewer has just said to Raffa we are are not seeded for the Europa cup ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Dec 09, 2009 10:02:09 pm
      Sky interviewer has just said to Raffa we are nit seeded for the Europa cup ?

If not, i feel F***ing sorry for the team we draw!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #85: Dec 09, 2009 10:02:17 pm

A real workhouse? Yes, I have to admit he does work hard to get the ball back....after he gives it away. I can ask for a bit more in the way of not giving the ball away and stay onside FFS. ;)

For all the running he does and the great season he had last year, I still think he needs a spell on the bench because quite frankly, Kuyt has been pants this season.  Him and Insua.

Well impressed with Dossena tonight though, and Aquilani had a steady home debut with glimpses of some great potential.  With Torres back and Gerrard showing some form, I reckon we have something to be positive about for a change this season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: Dec 09, 2009 10:02:18 pm
      Well sod it I'm giving Dossena my man of the match vote, I think he deserves it, infact I can not remember him putting a foot wrong in the entire game.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #87: Dec 09, 2009 10:02:32 pm
      I wouldn't get carried away with Dossena, we still badly need a quality wide left midfielder.
      If he puts in more performances like that regularly then I think we should be getting carried away :P
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Re: Daniel Pacheco Player Thread
      Reply #88: Dec 09, 2009 10:04:08 pm
      Now I understand why loads of us were raring to see this kid play.... obviously has big potential for 18 year old kid. From the 15 minutes he played tonight, he has more to offer us than Voro & Babel.

Love the shot he took from the edge of the box, minutes after he was put on.  
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2009 10:19:55 pm by kookkai »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings
      Reply #89: Dec 09, 2009 10:04:41 pm
      Forgot to mention Dossena.  Considering he's had virtually no game time, I thought he had a good game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 930 
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings
      Reply #90: Dec 09, 2009 10:06:01 pm
      Whats our record now is that 3 wins in 14 sh*t stats that
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Re: Daniel Pacheco Player Thread
      Reply #91: Dec 09, 2009 10:06:28 pm
      That shot was lethal. To be honest, Frey had no right to make that save considering how much he was tested at that point in the match. But he did make the save and you say kudos - but what a hit.

Quick Reply