Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Footballers on LFC Reds

Read 1020 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Footballers on LFC Reds
      Dec 10, 2009 05:33:24 pm
      As we know, there are many people out there who play the beautiful game, although not professionally. So, I'm wondering who on LFCreds play it, for how long and since when, your positions, your preferred shoes, your natural foot, your abilities ( just say what you think you have and you can even state a player you think you are similar to even though they are professionals and we are not) and how far have you gone.

Well, this is just for fun!

I'll start with myself.

When and how long?
      I started kicking a ball first when I was 8 back in 1998 but I never played it properly till 2001. In 2001, I got together with some local kids in my area and we would play every day from 4.30 to 7 pm. Unsurprisingly, we still did until I left for England. At the same time, I also joined a local club, Royal Selangor. So I most probably have been playing it for a good 8 years.

Positions
      I would actually play anywhere but in goal. However, I prefer to play as an attacking player, be it a winger, striker, attacking midfielder but my favourite role would be the free role as in to do anything I want and run anywhere I want.

Preferred shoes and foot
      In my life, I have worn Adidas, Nike and Umbro. Nike Mercurials to be exact but my favourite would always be Adidas Predators, the dark coloured ones :). I'm naturally a right footed player but I spent time developing my left foot back in the summer and I seem to be able to 'feel it' now.

Abilities I think I have
      This is a really difficult section but I would say I was given the gift by God. My local friends call me a pass master or a playmaker. I'm very lucky that I have a football brain in me as I tend to put almost perfect weight on a pass at almost perfect timings at perfect height. Those are something a person can't 'practise' and it has to be there, just there. My friends seem to think I can play killer balls and put in decent crosses. Sometimes I get called Steven Gerrard just because I'm a Liverpool fan and I can strike from range but my most usually go with Xabi Alonso, Xavi or Cesc Fabregas.

How far have I gone?
      I never played for my highschool though I did go for trials back in 2004. I was called back for the 2nd trials but with my luck, I dislocated my left elbow playing for my club. I never played for my college and I failed to represent my hall of residence this year. However, I represented my club. I even captained them once when there was a tournament in Singapore at the Singapore Cricket Club. It was such a great feeling to feel like Stevie swapping the club banners before a start of a game. Since my club was from Malaysia and we played in Singapore, that would be counted as internation caps since we are known as the Malaysian team, won't it?  ;)

I left the club in 2005 but I still do play football with my local friends. I don't play football in England as often as I would back home but I'm still going strong :)

How about you?
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 10:40:43 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Title. »
      TheLando618
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Re: The 'Footballers on LFCreds' Thread
      Reply #1: Dec 10, 2009 08:29:07 pm
      When and how long?
      I started when I was about 5 years old. So back in 1993. Played recreation leagues, and traveling clubs. Then was captain for my high school team from 15 years old to 18 years old.

Positions
      Depends on what kind of people I'm playing with. If I playing with people that have little or no skill, I stay back play as a defensive mid/center back so the team don't get walked over. If I'm playing with some people who have ability, I play striker.

Preferred shoes and foot
      Never had a favorite shoe or anything. Indoor always played with Adidas Samba classics. Outdoor any shoe adidas. Right footed player. Left foot can come through occasionally.

Abilities I think I have
      My main ability was physical defending. I'm a pretty short guy.  5'7 about 91kg(i think i did the conversion right. 200 lbs). So I'm short and stocky. My other abilities are long balls, and great passing. I've picked up a skill for one time balls recently. Been playing indoor lately.

How far have I gone?
      Played through high school. Should have tried to play in college, got disillusioned with playing though. High school team won 3 games in 3 years. Got sick of losing. But I started playing again recently on whatever team needs players. Trying to get my foot in the door with some new players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Re: Footballers on LFC Reds
      Reply #2: Dec 13, 2009 01:29:27 pm
      When and how long?
      Started when I was young, played for a junior team and school. Captain of both. Still playing for a Sunday League team at the moment.

Positions
      Centre forward. Only position I've played in.

Preferred shoes and foot
      Always wear adidas nowadays. Right foot only to be honest! Left foot is F***ing useless!

Abilities I think I have
      Finishing. Scored goals wherever I've played. Pretty quick too, used to win the sprints at school with ease. Anything above 400m was too much for me though! Pretty good at penalties as well and I like to think I can take the odd good free kick.

How far have I gone?
      Played for every team at school and had trials at a few English clubs such as Nottingham Forest, Doncaster, Sheffield United and Derby. However I broke my leg around the time I got offered the trials which meant 12 months out of the game. At that point I decided I didn't want a career in football. After a few years out, in 2006 I resumed Sunday League football for my local club in Sheffield and we're currently in the B division after two successive promotions.

Quick Reply