Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Blaming Rafa?: Here are some very valid points to use.

Read 21110 times
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Re: BLAMING RAFA?: Here are some VERY VALID points to use.
      Reply #23: Dec 19, 2009 09:25:09 pm
      Sack the fat Spainish waiter now before it's too late to rescue our season
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #24: Dec 19, 2009 09:26:53 pm
      If we dont finish in the top 4 this season which looks unlikely and with no trophys then its time for benitez to go, defensive teams don't win the league, and thats what we are now a defensive team.
      But we don't even defend well ............
      FIVESTAR
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -11 
      Reply #25: Dec 19, 2009 09:27:02 pm
      i dont see these as knee jerk reaction it is saying it as it is you ask any football fan who dont support liverpool (no rose tinted glasses on) what the problem is at liverpool they mostly say the same rafa is to defensive
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #26: Dec 19, 2009 09:28:46 pm
      How can you blame Rafa playing too defensive when we were hit on the counter for both goals?
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #27: Dec 19, 2009 09:29:18 pm
      last season liverpool were awesome - fact. we all know that we were nip and tuck with that shower. this season is a completely different ball game. forget last season, its history! this season i  stated after the chelsea game we had no chance of winning the league. i got hounded out. make all the excuses you want, we are not good enough. this club needs to focus on the league title, its our bread and butter, everything else is a bonus. people are paying big money to watch league games, this is were i think rafa is (up to now) more concerned with europe. yes the money is there, but if we win the league then we will be there. the areas highlighted in first post nearly hit the nail on the head, my only point that i disagree with is persisting with kuyt. the bloke covers every blade of grass, and has the passion of a scouser.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Dec 19, 2009 09:29:47 pm
      RedLFCBlood, I admire your arguments and how you have put them together.

I do want the man in control of our team to take more responsibility for what happens every weekend.

Well thank you for the positive feedback.

As I have said in my arguments Rafa is not immune from criticism, but on the whole its a collective effort from the boardroom, Coaching Staff and playing staff and the responsibility of the blame has to be proportioned between them.

I'm sure as hellfire Rafa is not telling the players to go out there and look disinterested, show little fight/spirit or show little ability to string two passes together or show little ability to clear their lines when defending.

A lot of what is happening on the pitch is down to individual errors from players for instance today, Johnson should have put the ball out for a corner "Safety First",  Benayoun was caught dilly dallying on the ball and got robbed of possession that led to the second goal, Mascherano made a bad tackle that did not need to be made in the center of the pitch that led to him being sent off. Individual errors that starting line ups or pre game tactics will not account for.

So if Rafa has to take some share of the blame should the three players who by large contributed to it themselves not shoulder some of the responsibility too ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Dec 19, 2009 09:36:35 pm
      The Link dont (sic) work.
      The drugs dont work.

Thats that then.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #30: Dec 19, 2009 09:41:44 pm
      The Link dont (sic) work.
      The drugs dont work.

Thats that then.
      Here's the link.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2009/12/forget-red-card-rafa-benitez-is.html

Wouldn't personally bother looking at that biased shithole though.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009 10:25:56 pm by Dmasta »
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #31: Dec 19, 2009 09:43:09 pm
      Rafa has made mistakes, and his line-up today, in retrospect, was one of them. The line-up was far too defensive considering the opposition. But, given that, the team Rafa put out should have been good enough to win. However, with a couple of exceptions, the players are not match-fit/lacking in confidence/sluggish/not trying.

OK, Rafa has a responsibility to motivate the players, but so does the captain, and, strangely, so do the players themselves. If putting on the Liverpool shirt does not motivate, then there is a problem with individual attitudes. Sacking the manager will not alter this.

Rafa is a good manager. Sack him and Real will snap him up - and we will regret it.

Come on - we are Liverpool. We support our team through the wind and the rain (remember?).
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #32: Dec 19, 2009 09:47:19 pm
      I'm sure as hellfire Rafa is not telling the players to go out there and look disinterested, show little fight/spirit or show little ability to string two passes together or show little ability to clear their lines when defending.

Of course not but what does he say to inspire confidence and belief in themselves so that these mistakes become fewer?

A lot of what is happening on the pitch is down to individual errors from players for instance today, Johnson should have put the ball out for a corner "Safety First",  Benayoun was caught dilly dallying on the ball and got robbed of possession that led to the second goal, Mascherano made a bad tackle that did not need to be made in the center of the pitch that led to him being sent off. Individual errors that starting line ups or pre game tactics will not account for.

So if Rafa has to take some share of the blame should the three players who by large contributed to it themselves not shoulder some of the responsibility too ?

This is what I'd love to know. If what Pennant has said is true, did Rafa for example, tell Johnson at the start of the game to make sure not to concede corners wherever possible? Did he tell Masch to defend higher up the pitch? Was Benayoun told to keep the ball at his feet and run at players as he can do so well when his natural preference in that situation may have been to free up someone else. Now before you say anything, I'm aware that these are extreme examples but I do wonder at how much instructions the players are given for every situation. A great team can overcome individual errors and make up for them but we seem to get worse after each one.

Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #33: Dec 19, 2009 10:05:38 pm
      totally agree, our players are not to blame. Look at Wenger and Ferguson and how they change games, if Manchester play this game with 10 men from the beginning they will not lose, the red card is no excuse
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Dec 19, 2009 10:08:23 pm
      Look at Wenger and Ferguson and how they change games, if Manchester play this game with 10 men from the beginning they will not lose, the red card is no excuse.

Bit of a bold statement that. Got any evidence?

'Cause I remember them getting battered at Craven Cottage last season after getting two players sent off...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Dec 19, 2009 10:09:02 pm
      Of course not but what does he say to inspire confidence and belief in themselves so that these mistakes become fewer ?

Well that comes down to Rafa and his relationship with that said bunch of players I guess, he'll respond to each player collectively or maybe have a word in each one there ears individually one would presume.

Now people will question Rafa's ability to motivate, Attaturk 3-0 down at half time anyone ?, I don't believe his motivational skills were called into question then. I don't believe his question of motivation was questioned last season when we had our best Premier League campaign ever.

This is what I'd love to know. If what Pennant has said is true, did Rafa for example, tell Johnson at the start of the game to make sure not to concede corners wherever possible? Did he tell Masch to defend higher up the pitch? Was Benayoun told to keep the ball at his feet and run at players as he can do so well when his natural preference in that situation may have been to free up someone else. Now before you say anything, I'm aware that these are extreme examples but I do wonder at how much instructions the players are given for every situation. A great team can overcome individual errors and make up for them but we seem to get worse after each one.

Yes I think you are looking into that a little extreme, Mascherano's challenge was rash after going 1-0 down and we were chasing the game he dived in, I do not believe that had anything to do with instructions from Rafa and defending higher up the pitch. Johnson being told not to concede corners I do not believe Rafa would say that, Rafa's first priority is a clean sheet and building on that so if in doubt safety first put it out is more what I'd be inclined to believe from Rafa. Again Benayoun I doubt Rafa will be giving him any other instructions when coming on as a sub than to try and exploit space and create us chances.

End of the day I'm not saying Rafa would lay down to instructions to players, as Torres himself has quite clearly stated Rafa has made him a better player by following his instructions on how to work the channels etc, Now ever thought of Jermaine Pennant , who has not got the best attitude may have took exception to Rafa trying to make him a better player ?

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #36: Dec 19, 2009 10:20:23 pm
      totally agree, our players are not to blame.

If you think that, then you my friend have not been watching any of our games this season.  These are more or less the same players that did so well last year, yet this year the majority of them have been totally inept.

The players IMO are way more to blame than Rafa because no matter what team he puts out, more often than not they are good enough to beat the opposition in this league...and thats not been happening because Kuyt has the touch of an elephant, Johnson and Insua have forgotten how to defend, Gerrard would rather fall to the ground than stay on his feet, Babel would rather give the ball to the oppostion, Yossi likes to try run rings around every player in the opposition team, Dossena is thinking about tonight's dinner, Lucas likes to pass the ball every which way but forward etc etc...how can Rafa be to blame for those things?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #37: Dec 19, 2009 10:22:52 pm
      Agree with the points in the article.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #38: Dec 19, 2009 10:24:00 pm
      End of the day I'm not saying Rafa would lay down to instructions to players, as Torres himself has quite clearly stated Rafa has made him a better player by following his instructions on how to work the channels etc, Now ever thought of Jermaine Pennant , who has not got the best attitude may have took exception to Rafa trying to make him a better player ?

Very true but when I see the lack of creativity on the pitch it frustrates me. These players are capable of so much more and when I see them playing cautiously it drives me mad. There is an article somewhere about the robotic way that Rafa likes his players to perform and the writer of that article says it better than I ever could. If I track it down I'll post it.

In the meantime, I have Christmas presents to wrap!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Dec 19, 2009 10:28:25 pm
      Very true but when I see the lack of creativity on the pitch it frustrates me. These players are capable of so much more and when I see them playing cautiously it drives me mad. There is an article somewhere about the robotic way that Rafa likes his players to perform and the writer of that article says it better than I ever could. If I track it down I'll post it.

In the meantime, I have Christmas presents to wrap!

I actually started a thread in here myself the lack of creativity from our engine room, the constant sideways backwards passing  frustrates the life out of me so much I'm surprised I have a full of head of hair, how ever I said in pre-season if we were going to be relying on both Lucas & Mascherano as our creative outlet we were going to struggle, so to be honest I don't know why I'm surprised by our plight.

Cheers for the buddy request, if I can only work out how to accept it ;)

Happy wrapping ;D :)
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #40: Dec 19, 2009 10:32:25 pm
      Bit of a bold statement that. Got any evidence?

EPL:
      Saturday 12/9/2009 16:30
      Tottenham Hotspur   1 : 3 Manchester United

They scored after Paul Scholes was sent off after 59 minutes and kept a win, do you want me to search for more? although there's no way of comparing portsmouth to TOTTENHAM

English League Cup: 23/9/2009
      Manchester  1:0 Wolverhampton
      Rafael Da Silva was sent off after 29 minutes
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #41: Dec 19, 2009 10:36:32 pm
      He has had long enough. I do not rate RAFA. I hope and pray and will gladly F**k off if im proved wrong but in MY opinion he is not the man for this job. Last season I believe (and i stated this then) his negativity cost us the league. I am sick watching and trying to second guess his negative player purchases, subs and tactics, especially against lesser teams. Last year and this year I just cannot understand that last point.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #42: Dec 19, 2009 10:49:14 pm
      Liverpool FC - what are you waiting for? Do it !! Sack Rafa and get Guus Hiddink in !!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #43: Dec 19, 2009 10:52:33 pm
      F**k off Soledee and the author of that article you had no complaints last year about our "negative" tactics and formation enabking us to finish second with the most goals scored.

WOW! Did you read the title of the thread? it starts out with sarcasm. I am not anti-rafa; Never have been. BUT please, before you tell me to F$$K off, get your mouth out of Rafa's rectum and see that some of he writer's comments are quite valid.

You're not the only one that supports Rafa.

Read my comments in the post match; I blamed the players for the poor performance! Get a grip.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009 11:42:34 pm by solodee »
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #44: Dec 19, 2009 11:10:58 pm
      'at the end of the storm there's a golden sky'

Circumstances have led to this season's poor show.

Rafa takes the blame for some of it for sure...

Didn't see this arguament being raised so much end of last season? hmmm fickle fan methinks

walk on with hope in your heart and be carefull what you wish for.....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Dec 19, 2009 11:20:09 pm
      I wouldn't care the original article is so biased and anti Rafa anyone with half a brain using logic and teh circumstances building up to the game could give a far more honest analogy of the situation without being pro Rafa or Anti Rafa.

Just scrutinising the article and putting up facts to counter Kanwars opinion show's his opinion to be biased and full of anti Rafa propaganda, there for its not a well thought out insightful article, it's merely toilet roll as all its fit for is wiping your anus on.

Quick Reply