Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool Man of the Match v Reading

Lucas Leiva
      (37.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (41.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (20.9%)

Reading 1-1 Liverpool - Post Match

Read 15850 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Reading 1-1 Liverpool - Post Match
      Reply #92: Jan 03, 2010 09:58:19 am
      I think we have pace in midfield in general Shane, barring Masch when he plays is pretty quick off the mark but when Aquilani plays there we have no pace whats so ever in there.

The wide positions is a massive problem and why a lot of the time you see us going route one, there was an incident yesterday where Insua had the ball and was just on the corner of our box  and I was saying pass it into Aurelio but when I looked a second time I saw Aurelio 5 yards behind him what the F**k is that out of a wide man.

I agree with all your posts on the other topic as well Shane.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #93: Jan 03, 2010 10:06:35 am
      I know exactly what you mean. I think Rafa likes to play Aurelio on the wing to offer Insua protection but a lot of the time we end up almost having two left backs and very little width in the opposition third. To me its simple, don't play Insua if your relying on your winger to the do his job for him.

Ha I thought you might, we seem to be some of the last to agree on that.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #94: Jan 03, 2010 10:11:01 am
      awful last night. failed to keep hold of the ball for any length and it was probably one of the worst displays of passing I have seen. Supposedly the pitch is dire cos of the weather and rugby but... How Kuyt stayed on I don't know? hard to pick a MOTM but Darby did well enough despite the poor defending for the first goal. No way was Lucas MOTM he was was terrible.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Jan 03, 2010 10:12:06 am
      Ya staying off for a while because if you say something negative you get hounded unlike any other thread here, ya I think it is criminal playing Aurelio there to be honest against a poor First Division team. He did it a couple of weeks ago against Portsmouth he played Dossena there and to be honest whenever I see one of them playing there with Kuyt on the other side I know we will struggle. To be honest even Benyoun is not the answer because he had no pace and keeps coming inside.

If we are not able to afford anyone I can't really look past Gerrard on the right with Babel on the left especially after Rafa said he is not for sale today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #96: Jan 03, 2010 10:13:13 am
      F***ing hell, got up at 3.45am from my nice cosy bed, jumped in the car and drove 10 minutes to me mates house to watch that sh*t.

I love the lads but they have to pull thier fingers out from this F***ing moment forward.

Terrible, terrible performance. Can't remember the last time we walked out on to a pitch and we couldn't string at least one set of 5 consecutive passes together.  :mad:

Got 8 days to get our sh*t together before Spurs come to Anfield. Hopefully the lads can get it sorted in training and make up for that sh*t performance with a whooping of Tottenham.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #97: Jan 03, 2010 10:28:21 am
      Now what happen ? If Torres had scored the 2:1 in the 90th Min. Then Everybody just talk about a great fighting spirit or so? Now I mean don't worry with this draw, we haven't played well, but we still in the competition with a game at anfield, come on we just go out and beat them at home !!
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #98: Jan 03, 2010 10:56:46 am
      Now what happen ? If Torres had scored the 2:1 in the 90th Min. Then Everybody just talk about a great fighting spirit or so? Now I mean don't worry with this draw, we haven't played well, but we still in the competition with a game at anfield, come on we just go out and beat them at home !!

I can see your point if this was a one off in the season but it is same old same old on the back of a great win midweek and just as it looked as if we
      were starting to pick up.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,290 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #99: Jan 03, 2010 11:05:05 am
      So that's not him being a little smart arse?

I really can't see you're problem Dmasta??. Even Rafa agrees with me. On Sky News.( after me saying it first! ).  he's quoted as saying its a reply we could well do without  ;). Perhaps you should have ago at Rafa too  :f_whistle:
      icebreaker
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #100: Jan 03, 2010 11:50:47 am
      An appalling performance - an embarrassment to watch !!   :-[
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #101: Jan 03, 2010 11:57:40 am
      Several of my mates made the trip to Reading,i did not go due to illness.I thought Darby had a solid game,defended & got forward well.Torres was trying his best,just a shame a lot of his team mates are not on the same level.The travelling fans got behind the team even though the majority of the team were rubbish & to be honest some of them do not deserve the support.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #102: Jan 03, 2010 11:59:36 am
      Fcking awful, from the manager right down to the 11 that started that match.
      Poor team selection AGAIN, one day i think we should try playing wingers on the wings, crazy idea i know but should maybe try it.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #103: Jan 03, 2010 12:22:15 pm
      Wasn't a good performance and looked liked a team lacking in confidence and struggled to get the ball down and play but we did not lose and have a chance to put things right.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #104: Jan 03, 2010 12:29:09 pm
      I really can't see you're problem Dmasta??. Even Rafa agrees with me. On Sky News.( after me saying it first! ).  he's quoted as saying its a reply we could well do without  ;). Perhaps you should have ago at Rafa too  :f_whistle:
      The Europa league comment seemed like you were trying to be a smart arse, if that wasn't your intention then I apologise it's just the amount of WUM I've seen in the time I've been on here makes me suspicious.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2010 01:06:57 pm by Dmasta »
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #105: Jan 03, 2010 01:03:42 pm
      A great game by s darby I think, considering the situation.
      I thought kuyt had one of his better games, even quite good, dont know why people are slagging him off today, I have done in the past but this day he deserved some praise, insua had a poor game.
      Reading were red hot for this match, this is the problem every top side must overcome in the fa cup, thats its magic, even so we didnt play too well, our passing was badly off today.
      Darby my mom.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #106: Jan 03, 2010 01:10:51 pm
      Anyone know when the replay will be?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #107: Jan 03, 2010 01:13:00 pm
      12 January.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #108: Jan 03, 2010 01:53:16 pm
      Need to stuff them to regain some pride in the team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #109: Jan 03, 2010 01:55:34 pm
      I didn't watch the whole game but I managed to see a little bit and Reading were passing better than us.

I really can't believe that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #110: Jan 03, 2010 01:55:43 pm

Is it the 12th?

Don't we have a late kick off on the Sunday?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #111: Jan 03, 2010 01:57:27 pm
      Is it the 12th?

Don't we have a late kick off on the Sunday?

RedPuppy said 12th I think yesterday but I'm not entirely sure.

If it's a late kick off then we'll definitely be playing on the 13th though.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #112: Jan 03, 2010 01:58:55 pm
      I'm glad i didn't post last night. we were really dire last night. some of the stuff was truly appalling.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #113: Jan 03, 2010 02:27:22 pm
      played for 45 minutes then threw the towel in
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #114: Jan 03, 2010 02:35:28 pm
      played for 45 minutes then threw the towel in
      Didn't even play for 45 because they took the lead and looked most dangerous in both halves.

Quick Reply