Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland -> Stoke)

Read 25406 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland)
      Reply #115: Jan 23, 2010 05:18:23 pm
      I know for a fact Bruce isn't furious.  The only time the man was truly furious was when his local Gregg' s ran out of Sausage & Bean melts & Custard slices.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #116: Jan 23, 2010 06:06:18 pm
      I know for a fact Bruce isn't furious.  The only time the man was truly furious was when his local Gregg' s ran out of Sausage & Bean melts & Custard slices.

Or the time he had a punch-up with his own son!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #117: Jan 23, 2010 06:26:29 pm
      Fat head is full of hot air, tell him to stick Jones were the sun don't shine.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #118: Jan 23, 2010 10:10:37 pm
      Did anyone notice in the interview that he named out a string of bitters players at the start when he was talking about good players?? With an eye for talent like that no wonder Sunderland are doing so well!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #119: Jan 24, 2010 10:49:08 pm
      personally, I admire steve bruce for how long hes been in the game and what hes done. except for that giant head. he looks like a giant mr potato head crossed with a retarded elmo. :laughing-smiley-014: jones would be a SHOCKING signing. has been sh*t this season, except the first few weeks where he scored 5 from 4 or something like that. rafa shouldnt wast the money on sh*t signings like jones. where are we gonna play him??? BACKUP?? I would rather ngog that jones. absolute sh*t: kenwyne jones
      Aquilani
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #120: Jan 25, 2010 12:37:21 pm
      This is out the window id reckon..
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #121: Jan 25, 2010 02:56:42 pm
      This is out the window id reckon..
      Don't think so.

Rafa has just confirmed on SSN that both clubs are in talks as we speak.

Purslow and Quinn are trying to do a deal.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #122: Jan 25, 2010 03:05:48 pm
      Don't think so.

Rafa has just confirmed on SSN that both clubs are in talks as we speak.

Purslow and Quinn are trying to do a deal.

Really?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #123: Jan 25, 2010 03:09:18 pm
      £12 million on Jones?

There is better strikers out there than him, even at that budget.  Buying quantity players all over again.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #124: Jan 25, 2010 03:09:22 pm
      whats the crack now then, this swop deal with babel still going on or are we coffing up 12mill for him?

loan deal would have been ideal but thats never happening, hes too valuable to sunderland just like fat head commented up there ^

12mil on Jones is a huge gamble i think and my gut feeling says it won't pay off. Bottom line is, i don't think he is good enough for a club of LFC's size.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #125: Jan 25, 2010 03:24:31 pm
      Ye mate, seen the same clip twice now. As usual Rafa not giving much away, he just basically confirmed the talks are on going.

Babel and a few quid on top of that and it wouldn't be so bad but £12m is a bit steep.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #126: Jan 25, 2010 03:29:27 pm
      This is kinda depressing. The lad is sh*t :(
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #127: Jan 25, 2010 03:38:28 pm
      12M?

NO thanks. Inferior at Sunderland. I rather develop the likes of Ngog, Pacheco and Nemeth than have him.

Honestly, don't rate him that highly, either. I'll pay 12M for Bent though.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #128: Jan 25, 2010 03:46:25 pm
      We need a finisher, someone who can step in for Nando, and JUST score, not be special and create sh*t - we have Stevie, Yossi, Maxi, Riera, Babel + maybe Lucas who should be stepping up to that

So basically not Kenny Jones
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #129: Jan 25, 2010 03:48:29 pm
      Be worth 20mil or so bent now, well out of our range

im not that excited about jones either but i remember alot of people being like WTF when we signed crouch and now we all wish he was back at the club.

I have a feeling that if we do sign him, he won't step up to the mark, but you never no. I always say in rafa we trust so i'll trust him now to sign this massive donkey.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #130: Jan 25, 2010 05:38:11 pm
      Would be disappointed if Rafa wasted £12 million on this lad, he is a carbon copy of a 25 year old Heskey with less goals and a worse touch. He is a poor player and I think Rafa is a good judge of player and I'll be shocked if we sign this lad, all this lad will be good for is route one football.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #131: Jan 25, 2010 05:39:16 pm
      Ye mate, seen the same clip twice now. As usual Rafa not giving much away, he just basically confirmed the talks are on going.

Babel and a few quid on top of that and it wouldn't be so bad but £12m is a bit steep.

Blimey!!If this IS true it makes FAT HEAD look a bit stupid does'nt it?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #132: Jan 25, 2010 06:18:15 pm
      News reports are claiming negotiations are on-going, but as of yet, we have still yet to make a cash offer.

Can only see this deal happening if they accept a swap for Babel, other than that I can't see us spending £12 million we don't have!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #133: Jan 25, 2010 06:25:42 pm
      12mil on Jones is a huge gamble I think and my gut feeling says it won't pay off. Bottom line is, I don't think he is good enough for a club of LFC's size.

Same. 12mil? There must be better options out there for that kind of money. Bad feeling about this one. A straight swap for Babel would be alright though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #134: Jan 25, 2010 06:49:10 pm
      I like young master Jones and I tell you what - i'll like him even more when he's a Red. He'll be a great signing.

There are an awful lot of 'punters' on here who are going to be in a quandary if (or when) he signs......

....."To cheer him on to success and look like I know F**k all about football or to hope he's a failure so that I can do my told ya so dance at bad boy?"   :f_whistle:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #135: Jan 25, 2010 07:10:32 pm
      Ya Bad Boy he will have to improve a hell of a lot his strike rate for a lad that played nearly every game this season is poor, 6 goals. He started last season well but tailed off mid season and towards the end and to be honest hasn't improved since.

He has a lot of work to do on his touch because it is not good enough. Ya he is quick but a bit headless. He will provide us an aerial threat and will be decent from corners against because at the moment we are a small enough side. The question we ve to ask is if we were buying him off a club in any other league with his strike rate would we be paying £12 million, that is answer is obviously no.

He is over priced and over rated. But then if he is a success at the club I will hold up my hands and say I was wrong but just I can't see it at the moment Jones just looks like a limited target man who has had a poor season. He looks to me like a lad centre halfs have found out how to play against and other than pace and strength he has very little else to his game.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #136: Jan 25, 2010 07:11:09 pm
      If he could score, he'd be class
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #137: Jan 25, 2010 07:27:56 pm
      I understand all the reservations corbally, i really do but (if he signs) he'll give us a dimension that we've lacked for a long time..... The option to play two up front, old skool.

A big centre-forward; he'll take the kicks, dish them out if needed and he'll bully defenders leaving Nando plenty of room to destroy the opposition. He was a star, for two seasons in a crap team who, this season, have changed their style of play. We're better than Sunderland and i believe he'll thrive here.

It's a sellers market and whatever he costs is what he's 'worth' to any buyer.

Quick Reply