Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (29.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (5.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (31.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      (23.9%)

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief

Read 59742 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief
      Reply #713: Mar 21, 2010 04:35:39 pm
      So, why are people voting for Pepe Reina, out of interest?

Not only does he turn up every game, he made a couple of good saves today.  My vote always goes to, not only their performance but their attitude as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #714: Mar 21, 2010 04:36:34 pm
      video technology would completely cut out diving and wrong calls, but I fear FIFA will never use it. Football will alweays remain behind the times, because of the stubborn people working for FIFA - they simply refuse to change the game.

To be honest I got to admit, I agree with Sepp Blatter on this one, would video technology be available at every level of the game, chances are no, could you see it happening on sports fields up and down the country for Sunday league games, no. That was the reason why FIFA said no to the idea, funny how all the TV companies never use this reason when arguing the points of video technology.

While were on the topic of Tv - how much of a manc loving c**t is that Martin Tyler, couldn't wait to go on about green and F***ing gold scarves (they're yellow you cu*ts!!), don't remember the sky tw*ts mentioning our problems witht he yanks at any point.

And as for Andy Gray - I would love to see a live sacrifice of this baldy, no-nothing, jumped up tw*t, never managed a team in his life yet feels he needs to share with the nation exactly what Rafa should be doing during the game, one horrible bitter, blue-nosed tw*t!

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #715: Mar 21, 2010 04:38:24 pm
      Thing for me is as much of a bad season we've had, sometimes you just have to take defeats like that one on the chin and get on with it don't you. I don't think we played badly, but I don't think we were amazing either. Same can be said for them.

Torres taking those two chances near the end could have made the result a whole lot different but I'd still say the same about ours and their performance today.

Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #716: Mar 21, 2010 04:39:31 pm
      never managed a team in his life yet feels he needs to share with the nation exactly what Rafa should be doing during the game, one horrible bitter, blue-nosed tw*t!

Yeah, that's our job.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #717: Mar 21, 2010 04:41:01 pm
      Something nobody has mentioned is that since United last played we have had two very important games of football - both with a lot of pressure attached.

3 games in the space of 6 days when they had the week off has to have some effect.  And unlike the earlier poster, I don't think we deserved to lose because we didn't go all gung ho.  Even trying to take off my red-tinted glasses, I still believe a draw would have been a fair result.
      That earlier poster was me. I just feel that we showed NO ambition whatsoever, it was defend, defend, defend. And we didn't even try hit them on the counter, it was long ball sh*te. After they made it 1-1 we still defended, which for me shows that we were happy to go there and take a point. If you sit back at OT you lose, and everyone in the country knows it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #718: Mar 21, 2010 04:42:54 pm
      Well my alarm did not wake me up. Piece of sh*t. So i missed it, and thus cannot make too much of a comment i guess apart from voice my disappointment. Hate losing to these fuckers.

Have not seen any highlights, but i have seen the comments about this 'penalty'. What happened exactly? Seems like it was the usual 12th man F***ing us over from what im reading?

Just FYI, my manc mate in Australia thinks whatever it was should have been a red card :D
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #719: Mar 21, 2010 04:43:18 pm
      Credit to united I think they did well in subduing Gerrard and Torres. Towards the end I thought we tried to pry open their defence but they held resilient so credit to them.

It was very difficult for us going forward with a niggling thought at the back of our minds that Rooney might be there to launch a counter attack. After they scored the second goal they started to pack their defence so Torres wouldn't get too much space.

My man of the match today is Carragher. Time and again he's been taking the stick for being past his prime but what a performance organising the defence. If Rooney had not held him while Fletcher sent that cross in then he would have had put that out for a corner.

Saw very little of players like Maxi, Kuyt, Lucas to be fair.

It's the sort of game where the little details matter. We became a little bit complacent and comfy when we got the goal in in the early minutes and that was our downfall. We started losing control and despite having some good breaks where we sprayed nice little passes, our possession was only 34% at the end of the first half.

They got one chance in the second and goal. They were back defending and didn't let us through. Just the kind of game where the little details determine where the points go. We didn't help ourselves much either with barely 2 tries on goal the whole game, I couldn't remember us having a decent shot at goal after we scored.

Once Rooney scored the rebound we started to play as if we wanted to not lose rather than go for the win. That's disappointing.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #720: Mar 21, 2010 04:43:20 pm
      Also, Michael Owen.

Talked sh*te in the studio. What a c**t.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #721: Mar 21, 2010 04:44:42 pm
      Well my alarm did not wake me up. Piece of sh*t. So i missed it, and thus cannot make too much of a comment i guess apart from voice my disappointment. Hate losing to these fuckers.

Have not seen any highlights, but i have seen the comments about this 'penalty'. What happened exactly? Seems like it was the usual 12th man F***ing us over from what im reading?

Just FYI, my manc mate in Australia thinks whatever it was should have been a red card :D
      It wasn't even in the box and Masch wasn't the last man we were fu**ed over by webb.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #722: Mar 21, 2010 04:46:53 pm
      It wasn't even in the box and Masch wasn't the last man we were fu**ed over by webb.

Ayy, thought as much. Cheers mate.

F***ing cu*ts.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #723: Mar 21, 2010 04:54:20 pm
      Well my alarm did not wake me up. Piece of sh*t. So I missed it, and thus cannot make too much of a comment I guess apart from voice my disappointment. Hate losing to these fuckers.

Have not seen any highlights, but I have seen the comments about this 'penalty'. What happened exactly? Seems like it was the usual 12th man f**king us over from what im reading?

valencia driving into the box and mash pulled him down just outside the box. he managed to tumble inside the box, and despite the offence being committed outside, the ref deemed the foul continued inside the box (incorrectly)

probably unlucky to be deemed a pen, but maybe lucky not be red, because it did deny valencia a shot on goal.  (which as we know reina would have saved anyway) ;D

get your act together with that alarm clock!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #724: Mar 21, 2010 04:54:55 pm
      Never voted for anyone as no one stood out (maybe Nando for the goal ) they all done just enough and I think thats our problem they all do JUST ENOUGH , I cant understand why the shackles are still on as games are ebbing away fast and we need teams to slip up but they are winning games .The body language from Stevie G tells me he's trying to get his head round leaving LFC ( shall I go or should I stay ) its written all over his face .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #725: Mar 21, 2010 04:57:53 pm

valencia driving into the box and mash pulled him down just outside the box. he managed to tumble inside the box, and despite the offence being committed outside, the ref deemed the foul continued inside the box (incorrectly)

probably unlucky to be deemed a pen, but maybe lucky not be red, because it did deny valencia a shot on goal.  (which as we know reina would have saved anyway) ;D

get your act together with that alarm clock!

:laugh: I always wake up, its so weird that i slept through it! F***ing annoying as its the one game i just never miss for anything, so im disappointed for both that and then the result.

But if he wasn't the last man then not a red, and i doubt Masch was the last man!

I hate this feeling after a loss to these scum. Have not felt it for awhile, but i remember now - it's horrible.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #726: Mar 21, 2010 05:00:11 pm
      Michael Owen in the studio said he wanted to win a league winners medal with united...

What the F**k has he done to merit a league winners medal this season? As if he's had any impact on their season. The late goal against City after injury time was up, that's it.

If he gets one, he should give it to Reina.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #727: Mar 21, 2010 05:03:42 pm
      While we're on the subject maybe you should make your way to the 'There's 9 other players who had a sh*te game but it's Lucas Leiva's fault thread'.

:lmao:
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #728: Mar 21, 2010 05:07:04 pm
      Owen is a dick- you cant sit on a bench all season- play 5mins and call yourself a prem winner!
      Andy gray is a dick- listening to him all game makes me want to stick something in my eye- but at least i knew to expect it- he has never had anything good to say about Liverpool.
      Howard Webb is a dick- was a free kick on the edge of the box- not a penalty- even i saw that!!
      And dickhead can kick Maxi in the head and get away with it??!!
      Gary Neville is a dick for too many reasons to list!

I am dissapointed- but on to the next one!
      I can take a loss better when we have played well-we wernt amazing, we didnt deserve to win- but we didnt deserve to lose either!

Roll on next seasob, clean slate, start fresh- Just hoping now that 4th place isnt out of our reach-
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #729: Mar 21, 2010 05:10:21 pm
      Just finished re-watching the game.  United weren't greatly better than us, the big differnce I could see was Rooney & Park Ji Sung's movement, created themselves some space, which created chances.  Our attacking/creative players were far to static, yet again this season.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #730: Mar 21, 2010 05:10:33 pm
      Missed the game due to work, so gutted with this result. Now lets keep our heads up, and on to the next one, we can still finish on a high.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #731: Mar 21, 2010 05:17:18 pm
      It was a decent performance from us but its the little things that could have won us the match.
      a)We sorely missed a player in the center of the filed who could dictate terms and provide some decent attacking passes read Aquilani.
      b)First priority buy next season has to be a LB.Second goal was definitely Insua's fault and his overall performance during the game was awful to say the least.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #732: Mar 21, 2010 05:20:52 pm
      I agree Insua has been shocking lately- would be nice to have an option so we can drop him until he pulls himself together!!

Would like a left back,
      A midfielder,
      A decent replacement for Torres,

Asking too much??
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #733: Mar 21, 2010 05:23:27 pm
      I'm very disappointed after that I think we got what we deserved. Didn't help that Howard Webb was a joke. We were ultra negative thought our midfield was awful today couldn't believe how much we sat off Carrick and Fletcher and when they got the ball they didn't know what to do with it.

I thought Insua was a complete liability again and I actually think buying a left back in the Summer so know be our number 1 priority. I thought Kuyt barring the cross for the goal and Maxi gave us absolutely no width out wide. Can't understand Maxi starting left.

There is some difference between our wide men and Utds there hug the touch line and always give there midfielders and option ours just come inside and give absolute no option.

The only players that can't take anything from that match are Torres who I feel sorry due to every pass to him being around head height, Reina and maybe Carragher.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #734: Mar 21, 2010 05:26:07 pm
      You cant feel sorry for anyone!

Win as a team,
      Lose as a team.

Although i agree with our wingers actually staying on the wing!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #735: Mar 21, 2010 05:29:04 pm
      That is one of the reason why Utd have being so successful Ferguson sees the importance of wide players sadly Rafa doesn't all he wants is for his wide men to run up and down like headless chickens.

Quick Reply