Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jay Spearing to Leicester on loan

Read 3953 times
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Jay Spearing to Leicester on loan
      Mar 22, 2010 09:43:48 pm
      Starlet set for Foxes

The 21-year-old reserve team vice-captain will sign for Nigel Pearson's side on Tuesday in a loan deal until the end of the season, and could make his home debut against Reading on Wednesday.

Spearing will team up with another former Red Jack Hobbs at the Walkers Stadium.

The Foxes are currently fourth in the Championship and eight points clear of the play-off chasing hopefuls.

The Reds No.26 made his first-team debut in December 2008, against PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League and also made a memorable appearance during the 4-0 victory over Real Madrid at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/starlet-set-for-foxes?

Finally he gets the chance to gain some experience at a senior level.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2010 11:36:25 pm by redkenny »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Jay Spearing Player to Leicester on loan
      Reply #1: Mar 22, 2010 09:45:33 pm
      Really wouldn't be surprised if he stayed there to be honest.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Mar 22, 2010 09:46:29 pm
      I think Jay is not going to make it at Liverpool to be honest and if this loan move goes well you might find it becoming a permanent one
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #3: Mar 22, 2010 09:52:10 pm
      I hope not. The lad really hasn't had enough of a chance to prove his worth in the side. Can't see why it has taken the club so long to sort him out a loan move. Must have been a shot to the confidence when Plessis got that run out against Arsenal that time. Wasn't even there a month and he just step all over spearing and got the chance ahead of him. Same with Darby. With Insua having a dip in form why aren't we given him ago?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #4: Mar 22, 2010 09:55:35 pm
      Because Darby is a right back lad, while Insua plays on the left.

As for Jay, he said in the official mag not so long ago that the manager wouldn't allow him to go on loan in the summer because he wanted him at the club. Obviously it hasn't worked out quite as well.

Leicester are a decent little side, Hobbs and Martin were on loan there last year I think when the won promotion. So it should be a good move for Jay, doesn't look like he's gonna be a Liverpool regular so this is probably his best bet.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #5: Mar 22, 2010 09:59:03 pm
      Because Darby is a right back lad, while Insua plays on the left.

As for Jay, he said in the official mag not so long ago that the manager wouldn't allow him to go on loan in the summer because he wanted him at the club. Obviously it hasn't worked out quite as well.

Leicester are a decent little side, Hobbs and Martin were on loan there last year I think when the won promotion. So it should be a good move for Jay, doesn't look like he's gonna be a Liverpool regular so this is probably his best bet.

Martin Kelly is a CB converted into a RB, why not give Darby ago on the left. Can't be any worse than Insua at the moment.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #6: Mar 22, 2010 10:24:46 pm
      Because Darby is a right back.

At this moment in time we're in no position to start pissing about with inexperienced kids out of position. That's why we're not giving Darby a go.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #7: Mar 22, 2010 10:29:58 pm

At this moment in time we're in no position to start pissing about with inexperienced kids out of position. That's why we're not giving Darby a go.

Could be argued that some of the kids have a lot more passion and desire to play for this club than some of the seniors in the side. They have to be given ago sometime and maybe the deep end could be the best experience for them. Baptism of fire and all that.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Jay Spearing to Leicester on loan
      Reply #8: Mar 22, 2010 11:39:04 pm
      Good luck to him with his time at Leicester.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 22, 2010 11:50:17 pm
      "The 21 year-old reserve captain" tag tells the story really - had high hopes for the lad being a scouser and all, his heart and desire to play for the club, reminds me of a young stevie - but stevie had bags of ability coupled with the passion and drive - I fear its too late for Jay, unfortunately.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #10: Mar 23, 2010 04:15:05 am
      I hope not. The lad really hasn't had enough of a chance to prove his worth in the side. Can't see why it has taken the club so long to sort him out a loan move. Must have been a shot to the confidence when Plessis got that run out against Arsenal that time. Wasn't even there a month and he just step all over spearing and got the chance ahead of him. Same with Darby. With Insua having a dip in form why aren't we given him ago?

Played against Sunderland this season and looked anonymous, whereas Plessis had a very good game against Arsenal, he just hasn't improved since then.

Good luck to the little spud head, I didn't think he'd be a first-teamer here anyway.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #11: Mar 23, 2010 07:22:32 am
      Played against Sunderland this season and looked anonymous, whereas Plessis had a very good game against Arsenal, he just hasn't improved since then.

Good luck to the little spud head, I didn't think he'd be a first-teamer here anyway.

To be fair most looked anonymous on the pitch that day. The difference between the two is that Plessis fits Rafa's system as a defensive mid more than Spearing who likes to get forward and attack from what I have seen of him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Mar 23, 2010 08:49:42 am
      Glad to see Spearing getting a loan move although unfortunately he might go on permanent. Like this lad has good passing to his game and likes to get forward. Didn't realise he was twenty one.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #13: Mar 23, 2010 08:57:07 am

Haha so true

All the best to Jay, hopefully he gets a good run of games and it boosts his confidence!
      Really hope he comes back!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Mar 23, 2010 10:21:04 am
      I think he'll do very well at Leicester, although I had high hopes of him making it at Liverpool, and of course he still could, competition at the very highest level is always going to be tough for him, size is slightly against him. He's a right little powerhouse with a tremendous shot on him. I'll be keeping an eye on him locally.

All the very best Jay, and good luck lad.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Mar 23, 2010 11:01:11 am
      All the best Jay, hope you get some good game time and earn us a little cash to spend if you are to make this a permanent move. :)
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 23, 2010 11:08:42 am
      I dont understand why these players such as Jay, pacheco, plessis didnt go on loan earlier or havent been yet....they are top players that would really benefit from loan spells where they would play alot. Their talent is getting wasted away in the reserves to be honest
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #17: Mar 23, 2010 11:21:24 am
      I dont understand why these players such as Jay, pacheco, plessis didnt go on loan earlier or havent been yet....they are top players that would really benefit from loan spells where they would play alot. Their talent is getting wasted away in the reserves to be honest
      I can only assume that such players were kept here ready to make a break into the first team if and when required. With the injury crisis we've had, though, it makes you wonder how desperate things have to get before they ARE given a chance.
      That said, Nemeth got sent to AEK on loan and there was hell up on here with most fans (myself included) complaining that he should have stayed here.
      Seems Rafa can't win either way.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #18: Mar 23, 2010 12:34:53 pm
      Will be good to see Jay play 1st team games
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #19: Mar 23, 2010 01:19:54 pm

Martin Kelly is a CB converted into a RB, why not give Darby ago on the left. Can't be any worse than Insua at the moment.

I thought he'd gone to Swindon anyway?
      Good move for Spearing, can see him being a good quality Championship player, and it's where I expect him to play in the future.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #20: Mar 23, 2010 01:20:59 pm
      Good luck to him with his time at Leicester.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Mar 23, 2010 01:24:36 pm
      Ya your right Jase Darby is at Swindon, good luck to jay don't really see him making it at Liverpool to be honest.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #22: Mar 23, 2010 01:25:35 pm
      Good luck Jay, hope you get a chance to shine at Leicester.

Quick Reply