Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Torres V Rooney

Read 7081 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Torres V Rooney
      Mar 30, 2010 08:33:59 pm
      I'm not sure if there is a similar topic anywhere else on this, but I can't find one. This is not just about the ability of the players even though they are quite different.  

It has to be said Rooney has played out of his skin this season, and I'm sure everyone (English that is) is hopeing he can keep up this form for England in the summer. Torres on the other hand, started the season well and then, through injury has spent most of his playing time, in 1st gear as he has not had chance to get match fit before succumbing to injury again.

He is now, only just returning to something close to his best form. Here is the difference. Utd have been praised for their great run of results, followed by "where would they have been without Rooney" Every one seems to be in agreement, that without him, Utd would probably be in mid table such is his influence on games. Yet they also say, one player doesn't make a team!  

In addition to this we get, Without Torres, Liverpool look a shambles, the team is nowhere near good enough to win the prem. They are in decline and it is not good enough for a club like Liverpool, Etc. Etc. Etc. And we shouldn't be relying on one player to lift us all the time.    

Oh ! not like Rooney then ?

This pisses me off so much.  

This is just further evidence that the sports media on the whole, is anti Liverpool and pro Utd. One rule for them, another for us.  I'm so sick of the double standards, I'm reluctant to read the sports pages anymore, or even listen to the crap that spills from S.S.N. and the like.

Has anyone else got any similar reports on the two faces of journalism regarding our team.?      

And by the way, I'd take Torres over Rooney any day.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2010 11:28:11 pm by JD »
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Re: Torres V Rooney
      Reply #1: Mar 30, 2010 08:38:24 pm
      The media owners and editors usually lean towards united and chelsea. These are the fashionable clubs for people to pretend they are real football supporters (when we all know that they are really gobsh*tes)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Mar 30, 2010 08:49:40 pm
      Torres can score a goal out of nothing and from anywhere, Rooney can't, Torres isn't far behind on goals in about 20 less games so shows who has the better goals scoring ability. Torres is better, end of discussion.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Mar 30, 2010 08:53:53 pm
      I'm not sure if there is a similar topic anywhere else on this, but I can't find one. This is not just about the ability of the players even though they are quite different.  It has to be said Rooney has played out of his skin this season, and I'm sure everyone (English that is) is hopeing he can keep up this form for England in the summer. Torres on the other hand, started the season well and then, through injury has spent most of his playing time, in 1st gear as he has not had chance to get match fit before succumbing to injury again. He is now, only just returning to something close to his best form. Here is the difference. Utd have been praised for their great run of results, followed by "where would they have been without Rooney" Every one seems to be in agreement, that without him, Utd would probably be in mid table such is his influence on games. Yet they also say, one player doesn't make a team!  In addition to this we get, Without Torres, Liverpool look a shambles, the team is nowhere near good enough to win the prem. They are in decline and it is not good enough for a club like Liverpool, Etc. Etc. Etc. And we shouldn't be relying on one player to lift us all the time.            Oh ! not like Rooney then ?             This pisses me off so much.  
      This is just further evidence that the sports media on the whole, is anti Liverpool and pro Utd. One rule for them, another for us.  I'm so sick of the double standards, I'm reluctant to read the sports pages anymore, or even listen to the crap that spills from S.S.N. and the like. Has anyone else got any similar reports on the two faces of journalism regarding our team.?      And by the way, I'd take Torres over Rooney any day.
      Like you Gerns i too get pissed off with the double standards of the media, In the end tho mate it's alway's been like this, Especialy since the prem began, When sky monopolised football on tv, Its only in recent years that the Scum have been dominant and to some of the younger posters this is all they have experienced, I can remember the days when we were hated by everyone when we dominated from the mid-seventies to the late eighties, But of course we did'nt have the media then as we have now so i suppose it's par for the course the amount of coverage the scum get compared to how we were exposed, For the more mature posters such as myself we have our memories and of course our history speaks for itself, If we were as dominant as we were in those glory days i still think the media would be anti-Liverpool and stop at nothing to sell there shitty rags, Don't they just love to hype you up and place you on a pedestal only for the same people to cut the legs from under you as soon as they get bored or their sales drop, How many times has that been proved over the years, But you have a good point about double standards and i'm afraid it will always seem that way ......unless your SCUM.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #4: Mar 30, 2010 09:05:26 pm
      Torres can score a goal out of nothing and from anywhere, Rooney can't, Torres isn't far behind on goals in about 20 less games so shows who has the better goals scoring ability. Torres is better, end of discussion.

Think you missed the point Kenny. I agree Torres is the better striker but the post wasn't just about that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5: Mar 30, 2010 09:08:35 pm

Think you missed the point Kenny. I agree Torres is the better striker but the post wasn't just about that.

No i didn't miss the point, i was just stating what the likes of Sky and all the pro united lot always fail to mention.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Mar 30, 2010 09:12:00 pm
      Rooney has a wonderfull supply, from a far stronger attacking team, i would  love to see what Torres would do with a supply like that............
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Mar 30, 2010 09:42:56 pm
      Take away Rooney's tap-ins and penalties and he'd have about 12 goals. Take away Torres' tap-ins and penalties and he'd have about 19.

Rooney doesn't have the ability that Torres has to create his own chances. Torres will often use a piece of skill or trickery to fashion a chance out of nothing, Rooney uses his physicality and movement to get onto the end of crosses.

Both players are brilliant goal-scorers, but Rooney would be nothing without the wonderful service he gets. Torres can feed on scraps and still score goals.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8: Mar 30, 2010 10:03:07 pm
      Imagine them as a pairing up front? Thank f**k ManUre didn't get Torres.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #9: Mar 30, 2010 10:17:46 pm
      No doubt about it Rooney is a quality player but i'd pick Torres over him any day.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #10: Mar 30, 2010 10:26:39 pm
      One is fat and shags his Granny...the other is a ball of pure greatness that turns straight men torresexual in a second.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #11: Mar 30, 2010 10:44:35 pm
      If this thread is meant to highlight how the media swing more towards the mancs than Liverpool, then it's the wrong title, because anyone who reads it will immediately compare the two.

The mancs have always had the media with them, it also helps when massive companies such as Granada are based there, and I believe the Mirror is aswell. Liverpool doesn't have a massive media outlet like that, which could be one way of looking at why they get it like they do.

The other way being that the world is full of plastic cu*ts who want a slice of the pie. Wankers.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #12: Mar 30, 2010 11:09:45 pm
      Rooney has a wonderfull supply, from a far stronger attacking team, I would  love to see what Torres would do with a supply like that............
      Torres in an arsenal team would get 40+ goals every season
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #13: Mar 30, 2010 11:18:43 pm
      Rooney injured, will he overtake him, going to be to hard this stage of the season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #14: Mar 30, 2010 11:30:47 pm
      Most United fans consider £30M Berbatov to be a steaming pile of turd.  We pay £20M for a midfielder and if he isn't the dogs bollocks people feel they have the right to carry out a character assassination on Benitez.

Anyway

Rooney isn't fit to lace Torres' boots.

Plus our Nando doesn't shag Grannies.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #15: Mar 30, 2010 11:37:36 pm
      Torres in an arsenal team would get 40+ goals every season
      Torres being fit every game of the season in a Liverpool team would get 40+ goals a season.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 30, 2010 11:39:59 pm
      No contest Nando everytime.....Wayne who!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Mar 30, 2010 11:52:31 pm
      Yeah Nando is way better looking!!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #18: Mar 31, 2010 12:48:05 am
      That number 9 we have over there number 10 anyday.

Isn't rooney no injured?
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #19: Mar 31, 2010 12:57:26 am
      It pisses me off this debate, i know a few mancs from being at uni down south, and they bum rooney all day long just cos he's had one good goal scoring season, what about all the bad ones!?

Even being objective Torres wins every time- he's quicker, a better finisher, more natural on the ball, more dangerous in the box, makes space better, and more importantly rooney doesn't scare defenders in the same way torres does.

HAHAHA
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #20: Mar 31, 2010 01:36:36 am
      One is fat and shags his Granny...the other is a ball of pure greatness that turns straight men torresexual in a second.

:lmao: quote of the week
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #21: Mar 31, 2010 01:44:06 am
      Torres is the best striker in the world, his scoring rate proves it, and he's played half as many matches as everyone else this season
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Mar 31, 2010 02:22:46 am
      And by the way, I'd take Torres over Rooney any day.

I think a few more people should have read your original post properly mate.

Agree with what you say. Apart from hoping Rooney will be fit in the summer bit.  ;) You've just got to get on with it regarding the media I reckon. I stopped reading national media a long time ago with regards to sport. There's more 'experts' in journalism these days than there is in football. Or so they would have you believe.

The simple fact is. The mancs without Rooney this season would suffer. And us without Torres this season have suffered.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2010 02:27:03 am
      As well as Shrek has done this season, I'd take a fit and firing Nando every day of the week. The man is a pure joy to watch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2010 02:27:49 am

The simple fact is. The mancs without Rooney this season would suffer. And us without Torres this season have suffered.

Exackerly! My Manc mate even texted me saying "If Rooney isn't up front for Chelsea we are fu**ed" after today :D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2010 02:52:25 am
      Just sinking the boot in while we are down...

The tables will turn eventually and none of us will have forgotten anything they've said.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2010 03:08:53 am

This is just further evidence that the sports media on the whole, is anti Liverpool and pro Utd. One rule for them, another for us.  I'm so sick of the double standards, I'm reluctant to read the sports pages anymore, or even listen to the crap that spills from S.S.N. and the like.

Has anyone else got any similar reports on the two faces of journalism regarding our team.?     

Yes.

I live outside of the UK and my two young boys watch BBC FreeView over Sat.
      They watch the Kids programmes.
      Now whilst the BBC have to be PC with the right ethnic mix of presenters etc etc  I watched in abject horror whilst this childrens presenter
      stood there and gave a five minute Man Utd. rant as the best team and sung some terrace songs.

OK. My lads are blood Red. Liverpool quilts...you know.....even two little red teddies when they were babies were named Stevie and Pepe.
      First real game they ever saw was v Toulouse.

They know when we're winning.
      The whole French village erupts from the epicentre of the Sony.

They saw me that day.

I went into the manic remote control search in frantic F***ing rage whilst the BBC spewed out the predjudiced sh*te into my living room and trying to corrupt my children.
      cu*ts. I F***ing ask you.

Id not pay my license if I could ..............but I don't pay it anyway over here!!
       :lmao:

BBC are still cu*ts anyway. F**k the license.!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Mar 31, 2010 03:16:01 am
      To be fair, when Torres was scoring for fun in his first season, the media were on his bellend, too.

But, the difference is evident in times like this. No one will mention their frailties around Rooney as long as he's doing his job. They point to Chelsea's ever-aging team with Lampard, Ballack, Drogba, Terry, Carvalho etc. but look at the Mancs with Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Van der Sar, Neville and the like.

Even, to an extent, you could say that Drogba deserves much more plaudits than he gets. I've heard Rooney this and Rooney that this season when Drogba has been superb for Chelsea, Torres has been superb for us, and even Bent has been superb for Sunderland.

It's the way it is. I'm sure if you ask a Chelsea fan they'd feel the same.

But more on topic, if the two were both fit for a season i think you'd hear more about Torres than Rooney. Both quality, but Torres is a level above him and even Mancs know that!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #28: Mar 31, 2010 05:52:10 am
      Torres being fit every game of the season in a Liverpool team would get 40+ goals a season.
      We don't create near enough chances for that to happen. Liverpool don't create as much as Arsenal.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Mar 31, 2010 06:00:25 am
      We don't create near enough chances for that to happen. Liverpool don't create as much as Arsenal.

Are you an Arsenal fan? Jeez you idolize them a lot.

Simple fact mate. Torres has 20 in 30 this season, a bunch of those appearances ones that were coming back from injury as well, so not in his best form. Still getting the goals though, even in what has been a stuttering team as well. Team hits top gear much more often when he plays though, so where you get the need to say something like that I have no idea.

So many bloody pessimists!
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #30: Mar 31, 2010 07:35:07 am
      If Torres got a better manager who's not afraid of attacking, I'd pick Torres anytime on weekdays and twice on sunday.

Imagine him playing with the Mancs / Arsenal, sadly... i don't think we'll ever witnessed that

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Mar 31, 2010 07:41:35 am
      If Torres got a better manager who's not afraid of attacking, I'd pick Torres anytime on weekdays and twice on sunday.

Imagine him playing with the Mancs / Arsenal, sadly... I don't think we'll ever witnessed that

:roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Mar 31, 2010 09:02:30 am
      Oh ok, because he didn't have a thousand opportunities on the weekend.

Not saying he's sh*t and should of scored more, but when we play like we should (everyone moving, quick passing etc.) he creates chances for himself by simply being where others arent/where defenders have floated from to cover another player.

He scored 33 in his first season when he didn't really score away from Anfield, was settling in and was slightly less mature. Imagine if we have a Torres who has evolved from that (and boy he has!) for a whole season. 50 goals wouldn't be out of reach - and no, not in a F***ing Arsenal team!
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #33: Mar 31, 2010 09:05:49 am
      Oh ok, because he didn't have a thousand opportunities on the weekend.

Not saying he's sh*t and should of scored more, but when we play like we should (everyone moving, quick passing etc.) he creates chances for himself by simply being where others arent/where defenders have floated from to cover another player.

He scored 33 in his first season when he didn't really score away from Anfield, was settling in and was slightly less mature. Imagine if we have a Torres who has evolved from that (and boy he has!) for a whole season. 50 goals wouldn't be out of reach - and no, not in a f**king Arsenal team!

I agree, Him over Rooney, imagine if he's playing behind a rather attack minded liverpool. Him alone can create chances out of nothing, give him passes... /shrug. 50 / season? :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34: Mar 31, 2010 09:19:39 am
      Exactly mate. We can create bucketloads more than the Mancs but our mindset isn't as attacking as theirs, which can hinder and benefit us. For Torres, probably a hinderance.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #35: Mar 31, 2010 09:20:32 am
      Rooney hasnt scored a goal in the prem from outside the box in the past few seasons (i think) Nuff said
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Mar 31, 2010 09:50:50 am
      Interesting thread.

I was going to start a thread up the best four players in the world. Well you've named two of them so this will do  ;D

On present form i would go with Rooney.

When there both playing at their best it has to be Torres, he's got more all round ability than Rooney.

However, who would i have in my team if i had to choose one! well that's simple, Rooney, reason being, he's not as injury prone as Torres ( apart from last nite  :-\
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #37: Mar 31, 2010 10:13:00 am
      Imagine him playing with the Mancs / Arsenal, sadly... i don't think we'll ever witnessed that
      Oh dear. Put our foot in it there haven't we?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Mar 31, 2010 10:17:19 am

This man speaks the truth. Quote of the month.

Without Rooney the mancs would be in the same position we are. With a fully fit Torres we would be fighting for the league this year.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #39: Mar 31, 2010 10:24:09 am
      This man speaks the truth. Quote of the month.

Without Rooney the mancs would be in the same position we are. With a fully fit Torres we would be fighting for the league this year.

We said that last year with Ronaldo
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Mar 31, 2010 10:32:24 am

Whose this "we"? I sure didn't. The mancs function more as a team without the ego that is Ron.
      He's causing divides in the Madrid squad. Rooney was played out of position to accomodate that premadonna and now he is playing where he works best.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Mar 31, 2010 12:49:15 pm
      Taking off my rose tinted specs.

Its a hard one to call really.

Both are different types of animals.

Given they are both fully fit.

Torres glides around the pitch effortlessly and is a scorer of beautiful goals

Rooney is a beast of a player who's football is as much about his physical presence as it is to score great goals.

Obviously if I had to pick one it would be our Nando as he's aesthetically pleasing on the eye in a footballing sense as well as his looks but as much as we all hate Rooney I don't really believe if he was playing at Anfield banging in goals for fun alongside Torres any of us would have too many qualms.

Even though he's a Granny Molesting Shrek Stunt Double. ;D
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #42: Mar 31, 2010 12:49:27 pm
      Are you an Arsenal fan? Jeez you idolize them a lot.

Simple fact mate. Torres has 20 in 30 this season, a bunch of those appearances ones that were coming back from injury as well, so not in his best form. Still getting the goals though, even in what has been a stuttering team as well. Team hits top gear much more often when he plays though, so where you get the need to say something like that I have no idea.

So many bloody pessimists!
      I'm a Liverpool fan but more importantly a football fan. Just because I praise another team doesn't mean I don't support this club, jeez. How many goals has Torres had to create himself this season? How many games has he got little to no service this season? He gets most of his goals because of his own merits. I'm saying he would get a lot more goals if he played for a team such as arsenal because he would get a lot more service and much more clear cut chances. I know this because I've seen the crazy amount of chances Nicolas Bendtner has missed. Now are you trying to tell me If Torres was in those situation he wouldn't have put those away?

Now before you have another fit I'm not saying that I want him to play for Arsenal, I'm just saying that Torres deserves a LOT more service than he is getting.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Mar 31, 2010 01:11:23 pm

Unbelievable.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Mar 31, 2010 01:14:49 pm

"Sadly"

Do you smoke Mars Bars lad ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Mar 31, 2010 01:17:24 pm
      "Sadly"

Do you smoke Mars Bars lad ?

He's not a Liverpool fan anyway
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #46: Mar 31, 2010 07:55:02 pm

Imagine him playing with the Mancs / Arsenal, sadly... I don't think we'll ever witnessed that

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #47: Mar 31, 2010 08:19:33 pm
      they have different skills.well torres goals ratio is better than rooneys. plus he is  getting better service than torres. plus rooney takes penalties must be at least 7 goals penalties so torres plus some of those games when he came back he wasnt match fit
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #48: Mar 31, 2010 08:30:28 pm
      I think most "HONEST" Mancs would prefere to have Torres.

Of course there's no such thing as an honest Manc, just ask the Easter Bunny!!!!!!!!!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #49: Mar 31, 2010 08:31:11 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #50: Apr 01, 2010 02:11:43 pm
      Fernando Torres without a doubt. End of.....
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #51: Apr 01, 2010 02:47:39 pm
      No contest Nando everytime.....Wayne who!!

When I read the thread title there was only one thing I was going to post, so I thought I'd better read the thread first to see if anyone else had posted it, and loe and behold
      ; CurlyRed bet me to it.

WAYNE WHO ?  if you're comparing the two, THATS  the difference its so vast in my opinion !

You can't compare a fully fit Rooney with a recovering Torres it's just not fair, Rooney needs to be 'fed' the ball in order to produce the goods, Torres 'creates' from nothing !

Rooney is bloody good, but Torres is out of this world !
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #52: Apr 01, 2010 02:59:47 pm
      Even a  United Fan will agree that Torres is Better than him. ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #53: Apr 01, 2010 03:06:00 pm
      You can't really compare them both.

Rooney is a good player and is on form at the moment. However, he gets carried away when not in a winning position.

Torres, on the other hand, other than the fact he never scores a goal the same way twice, his dribbling and movements are really enjoyable.

Some stats here :

Goals per minute ratio in the PL this season

1. Torres : 1 goal per 91.7 minutes
      2. Rooney : 1 goal per 95.1 minutes
      3.Drogba : 1 goal per 95.8 minutes
      (Tevez 122.1, Defoe 123.6)

Keeping in mind his struggles with fitness and the form of the team (particuarly Gerrard who in previous years has been the main provider for Torres) - that is a very impressive stat
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #54: Apr 01, 2010 05:27:36 pm

torresexual...;D, genius.

rooney is awesome, but torres is a better striker. faster, more skillful and a better finisher.

i get a boner whenever he looks at the camera and winks at me. what? he doesn't do that? must be my iagination then...
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #55: Apr 01, 2010 05:47:46 pm
      gotta be a fit nando. the only thing the other maggot has over him is that he isnt as injury prone, torres has literally EVERYTHIN in his bag of trix. not doubt rooney's talent but its gotta be our very own No9
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #56: Apr 01, 2010 08:01:41 pm
      haha i love all the man-love for Torres!!

Am now adding some woman love!  I know we are all bias-(well most of us...Mr Arsenal!) but if you were to put the two of them side by side- fully fit- Rooney would look like an idiot.
      Every one of Rooneys goals are inside the box- tap ins, from a cross, free-kick or corner- dont get me wrong, a goal is a goal- but when talking about talent and skill- it has to be Torres everytime.

I would rather have a half-fit, over coming injury Torres, than a fit Rooney!!

Quick Reply