Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

How much do we need to spend in the Summer to compete next season?

Read 8883 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: How much do we need to spend in the Summer to compete next season?
      Reply #69: Mar 25, 2010 02:16:39 pm
      I reckon that could be changed tactically. If he surges forward, Lucas or Masch come across to cover it, his winger stays back, or Insua drops back and pushes the central defenders across as a back 3.

I think with the lack of movement from our wingers we need someone like him from the fullback position overlapping.
      Or maybe we need winger's who can take people take people on ;)
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2010 02:24:17 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #70: Mar 25, 2010 02:21:02 pm
      Are maybe we need winger's who can take people take people on ;)

Preferably!
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #71: Mar 25, 2010 02:59:41 pm
      To get back in the 'big four club' we need to keep all our good players and get rid of the dead wood, and spend at least 30/40 million
      To win the league we need to keep all our good players and buy at least two world class players, and spend at least 50 million
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #72: Mar 25, 2010 06:57:05 pm
      Or you actually watch a game. He plays for Anderlecht. You know, the same Anderlecht who played in the competition we're playing now for Europe!

You're going to have to learn how to chill little dude.

I'm gonna give you a wee plus just to show that grown-ups don't harbour grudges.  :gt-happyup:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #73: Mar 25, 2010 08:08:23 pm
      Remember the Two Yank Clowns promised a substantial Summer kitty i won't hold my breath
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #74: Mar 26, 2010 02:40:54 am
      sell riera,babel a few others buy villa 35mill
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #75: Mar 26, 2010 03:09:29 am
      sell riera,babel a few others buy villa 35mill

Bit late with that one mate!
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #76: Mar 26, 2010 07:30:15 am
      I honestly think if we spalsh out we would regret it !! i would love to see mata and villa at liverpool but the money is actually crazy for anyone let alone a team as financially crippled as us ! if we won the league after buying the pair fair enough gamble paid off we would use that money to build our squad around them and torres and masch,and reina . . If not we would have more Riera's upsetting the harmony,board room complaining,manager speculation ?? and it really could spell a long period of mediocrity us !!

I honestly believe in patience.We have a great backbone Reina,Carragher,Gerrard,Masch,Toress,We need to buy a couple of youngsters and not unknowns like ngog (who i really admire),(el zhar),i mean not bargain youngsters like we've had in the past,eden hazard,

Im really drunk so this argument isnt as comprehensive or articulate as i wanted it so il chat again in the morning!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #77: Mar 26, 2010 07:50:59 am
      I reckon that could be changed tactically. If he surges forward, Lucas or Masch come across to cover it, his winger stays back, or Insua drops back and pushes the central defenders across as a back 3.
      Yeah, I think that's the whole idea of having them two. As I've said before, having two holding midfielders is not necessarily defensive as long as those around them get forward. It's probably more offensive than having a flat back four and one defensive midfielder. Be it through injuries, confidence, lack of decent wide players or whatever, that just hasn't happened so it's looked like we've got six defenders paying.

Sorry, we're straying off topic here. Despite the torrid season we've had, I don't think we're that many players away from competing again. Unfortunately, I think that the few players we're missing need to be top players so even three of them could cost close to £60m.
      chris the red
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #78: Apr 05, 2010 11:39:15 am
      I think we wouldn't have to spend more than 30 million because there is talks about two free transfers in the summer. 1. jovanovic from standard liege 2. joe cole from chelsea. If we get some new owners then we would spend, spend, spend. a new left back instead of that useless insua and someone to replace kuyt and lucas. I aint got a problem with kuyt except that he is a little slow. It would be ideal if we got two of torres's team mates silva and villa but they would cost a fortune. ;D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #79: Apr 05, 2010 12:37:18 pm
      We need a left back definitely, Insua isn't good enough YET!

Hopefully Jovanovic will score goals and take the weight off Nando's shoulders.

Of course i'd love it if we had bags of money to spend, but i'd hate to see us spending money we don't have, and putting us in financial danger.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #80: Apr 05, 2010 12:53:20 pm
      We need four top class players, average cost of a top class player is £20 million, so £80 million quid or thereabouts.
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #81: Apr 05, 2010 01:48:08 pm
       few Dutch websites are talking about the interest of Reds for Mounir El Hamdaoui the AZ Alkmaar striker, top scorer and player of the year last season. He already scored 17 goals this season.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/nl/news/213/eredivisie/2010/04/05/1864434/el-hamdaoui-kan-terugkeren-naar-premier-league

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #82: Apr 05, 2010 01:49:01 pm
      I think we need at least £100m for 3-4 world class players to strengthen the starting 11 and a further £40m-£50m for another 6-7 better quality squad players to reinforce the bench, be able to rest players when necessary and also to cover for injuries.

If we are going to have a serious challenge for the title, compete to the latter stages of every cup competition we cannot do it with a threadbare squad as this season has already proved.

The fact that we have owners who are happier to see Anfield full every home game than see us winning anything, unfortunately the above is just a pipedream.

So just in case they have had a bang on the head and forgotten their usual business plan we need about £150m.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #83: Apr 05, 2010 01:51:55 pm
      I think about 50m but if the yanks still at Anfield then we will get 0m i would like to see a few Free Agents  Joe Cole ? but think he will sing a contract at Cheski befor end of season

Quick Reply