Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Steven Gerrard (host of clubs)

Read 19197 times
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (host of clubs)
      Reply #230: Jul 14, 2010 11:22:37 pm
      Stevie will stay. Theres no other way about it :)
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #231: Jul 15, 2010 02:17:41 pm
      the mirror

Real end Gerrard pursuit after signing Germany World Cup star Khedira
      Published 10:52 15/07/10 By David Anderson

(1)Recommend

Real Madrid appear to have cooled their interest in Steven Gerrard after making a £8.5million bid for German World Cup star Sami Khedira.

Sources in Spain claim Real hope to complete the midfielder's signing in the next 24 hours after president Florentino Perez won his first power struggle with Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho had championed Gerrard's signing from before he even officially took charge at the Bernabeu and was determined to land the Liverpool skipper at the third attempt.

However Perez felt Gerrard at 30 did not offer the same value for money as the 23-year-old Khedira, who was one of the sensations in South Africa.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Real-Madrid-end-pursuit-of-Liverpool-s-Steven-Gerrard-after-signing-Germany-World-Cup-star-Sami-Khedira-article527681.html#ixzz0tkkCd1Mw
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #232: Jul 15, 2010 02:40:32 pm
      Real Madrid appear to have cooled their interest in Steven Gerrard after making a £8.5million bid for German World Cup star Sami Khedira.

If this is true, i'm surprised Stuttgart are allowing him to leave for less than £10 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #233: Jul 15, 2010 02:44:02 pm
      If thats true about Khedira, thats a F***ing bargain Real have got.

StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #234: Jul 15, 2010 02:47:21 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6261516,00.html
      Stuttgart have dismissed reports over an imminent move to Real Madrid for Germany international Sami Khedira.

Khedira, who is under contract at Stuttgart until June 2011, has been widely linked with a switch to the Bernabeu.

Spanish newspaper Marca reported that Real would unveil the 23-year-old midfielder as their latest signing on Thursday after agreeing a £9million deal with the Bundesliga club.

But Stuttgart's media spokesperson Oliver Schraft insists the reports are false, and that there has been no contact from Jose Mourinho's Spanish giants regarding Khedira.

"There is still no contact between Real Madridand VfB Stuttgart," Schraft told Deutsche Presseagentur.

There you go, good lie there by the Daily Mirror, what a very misleading title "after signing germany world cup star Khedira". Personally I still think Madrid are interested in Stevie and like It's been said they're pretending they're not interested to lower his asking price. If they do sign khedira or any other center midfielder It will be good news for us and probably bad news for the player himself since he'd probably ruin his career at Madrid like most of the players who go there.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #235: Jul 15, 2010 02:57:16 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6261516,00.html
      There you go, good lie there by the Daily Mirror, what a very misleading title "after signing germany world cup star Khedira". Personally I still think Madrid are interested in Stevie and like It's been said they're pretending they're not interested to lower his asking price. If they do sign khedira or any other center midfielder It will be good news for us and probably bad news for the player himself since he'd probably ruin his career at Madrid like most of the players who go there.

I closely watch the mirror just so I can laugh at the constant crap they make up on a day-in and day-out basis. Most of the time they contradict their own articles. I remember they said Torres had a serious injury, and then saying Liverpool get boost from injury news saying he is out 3 weeks.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #236: Jul 16, 2010 03:58:43 pm
      lfc.tv

'Gerrard is not for sale'
      16th Jul 2010 - Latest News
      0 Comments Email Print Share With
       Mixx  Digg  Facebook  del.icio.us  reddit  StumbleUpon  5 Twitter  Myspace News Archive
      Roy Hodgson has reiterated Liverpool have no interest in selling Steven Gerrard this summer and revealed he's held an encouraging meeting with the captain.

Related Links
       Gerrard Search
       Gerrard Betting
       Gerrard Shirt
       The new boss confirmed the Reds have received no offers for the 30-year-old and insisted the club's star players are not for sale.

"I have met with Steven and thought the talks were positive," Hodgson told a press conference at Liverpool's pre-season training camp in Switzerland.

"We are in a situation where we hear our players are being courted by other teams but it is all just rumours.

"What we haven't had is a club wanting to buy Steven Gerrard. Steven Gerrard is not for sale - I made that clear to him.

"I told him I supported the club's policy that we don't want to sell our best players and have to start building again.

"We want to build our team around these players. He understands that position, but clubs can get into players' ears and make promises. It destabilises the club and the players and we can't do anything about it."
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #237: Jul 20, 2010 06:36:33 pm
      Gerrard to stay at Liverpool FC
      Steven Gerrard today committed his future to Liverpool FC.

The Reds skipper ended months of speculation as he welcomed the signing of Joe Cole from Chelsea and admitted he cannot wait to play alongside him.

The news will come as a massive boost to Liverpool supporters - the second in 24 hours.

Gerrard said of Cole: "It is a great signing for us. I know Joe well through the England set-up and have seen first hand just how good a player he is.

"He has proved his ability over many years in the Premier League - sometimes against us - so it will be fantastic to play alongside him in a red shirt for Liverpool."

Gerrard, who has been at Anfield since he was eight years old and has never in recent seasons expressed any desire to leave despite the speculation this summer, added: "I've told him what a great club this is and I'm sure Joe's the sort of exciting talent our fans will love to see. I made it clear that I simply needed to concentrate on the World Cup and then have a decent holiday with my family.

"I wanted the chance to meet Roy Hodgson privately and having done so, I'm very impressed with his plans for the future."

http://ht.ly/2dQd3

Think we can certainly put this thread to bed, until next summer at least. ;)

Topic (thankfully) locked.

Link to discussion regarding Gerrard's decision.

Quick Reply