Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Boycotting games & merchandise

Read 9836 times
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Boycotting games & merchandise
      May 12, 2010 02:38:47 pm
      Just a thought really

i know we all hate hicks and gillett with a passion, but surely boycotting things will only make things worse?

the attendance at the west ham game was pathetic, i know there was some sort of petition to stop people going, and a majority of them were season ticket holders, but the people who didnt buy tickets just make things worse!!

as for the new kit, shirts etc, if you support your team you will buy it, the first adidas shirt with the collar, after the reebok CL shirt, was our best selling shirt in years, and those two bellends were in charge then..

lack of sales = lack of money generated, it will only damage the club more!!!

i wont stop buying stuff as they are in, because i dont want to make things worse

boycotts will only damage us further, and now we're so behind the pack, lets not stay there..

go out and get the shirts, support your team and soon enough those gobshites will be gone,

be part of the solution, not the problem!
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2010 03:01:20 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Do not put the title all in capitals. »
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Re: BOYCOTTING GAMES AND MERCHANDISE
      Reply #1: May 12, 2010 02:41:40 pm
      I don't put a penny into this club any more, directly or indirectly for I'll be damned if I prop H&G up.
      It may well hurt the club in the short term but it is the long term which matters
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #2: May 12, 2010 02:42:54 pm
      I don't put a penny into this club any more, directly or indirectly for I'll be damned if I prop H&G up.
      It may well hurt the club in the short term but it is the long term which matters

and with fans not buying shirts etc, thats going to look an attractive option for any potential investment?
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #3: May 12, 2010 02:43:46 pm
      Well I think that people are boycotting the games and merchandise to make Hicks and Gillett realise that their not making enough money from the club, therefore they will sell the club, problem solved. But knowing these two a***holes, they could keep the team until the club is near death and then sell when it's too late, you could be right.
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: May 12, 2010 02:48:34 pm

and with fans not buying shirts etc, thats going to look an attractive option for any potential investment?

Well what d'you suggest - sit back and do nothing?
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #5: May 12, 2010 02:52:11 pm
      Still protest against them, but dont damage the club financially, what happens if we dont like the next owners? same scenario, we're starting to look an unattractive purchase due to the fans boycotts

Well what d'you suggest - sit back and do nothing?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #6: May 12, 2010 02:52:20 pm
      The Yanks would never stop me from supporting my team, I don't understand why people would boycott games. My love for the club is greater than my hate towards them.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #7: May 12, 2010 02:56:41 pm
      The Yanks would never stop me from supporting my team, I don't understand why people would boycott games. My love for the club is greater than my hate towards them.

Thank you!
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2010 03:01:47 pm by Reslivo »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #8: May 12, 2010 02:58:09 pm

Just what I was about to write - totally agree.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #9: May 12, 2010 02:59:21 pm
      What boycott are you on about? I never heard of one.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Boycotting games & merchandise
      Reply #10: May 12, 2010 03:02:28 pm
      What boycott are you on about? I never heard of one.

Really?

Buying official stuff from the offal is supposed to be one, as it puts money directly into the Yanks' pockets.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: May 12, 2010 03:02:47 pm
      This is exactly why H&G bought the club (brand), piled on debts and refuse to invest any money into it.  They know that no matter how badly the team does, how much we slip down the league, whether we get relegated or not the fans will continue to spend our hard earned money giving them a viable business.

Read up on Hicks - it's been his business model all through his life.  He knows a sports brand has lifelong fans that will follow their team through thick and thin and whilst the business is still trading he will make a profit - even if the business isn't.  Football isn't a cleaning product, a drink or a make of car where the customer has a choice - it's a lifestyle, it's in our DNA.  Unless you're a glory hunter of course.

You might want to read an article from todays Mirror that I've posted in the takeover/investment thread which I'm questioning if H&G through Purslow are once again trying to manipulate the fans.  It ties in with the sentiments in this thread.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #12: May 12, 2010 03:12:22 pm
      If the money isn't being spent, they can't take it out.

We already know money's not going back into the club - it's going into their pockets.

So the only question here is how much money do people want to put in their pockets?

All those 35 quids add up to a nice little sum, and it goes nowhere near the team or the club.

It's hypocrisy, pure and simple, to moan about them taking money out of the club whilst buying THEIR F***ing MERCHANDISE - THE MERCHANDISE BELONGS TO THEM AND THEY PROFIT FROM IT, NOT THE CLUB.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #13: May 12, 2010 03:28:03 pm
      Really?

Buying official stuff from the offal is supposed to be one, as it puts money directly into the Yanks' pockets.

I meant the boycott of the West Hame game hes going on about.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #14: May 12, 2010 03:29:01 pm
      If the money isn't being spent, they can't take it out.

We already know money's not going back into the club - it's going into their pockets.

So the only question here is how much money do people want to put in their pockets?

All those 35 quids add up to a nice little sum, and it goes nowhere near the team or the club.

It's hypocrisy, pure and simple, to moan about them taking money out of the club whilst buying THEIR F***ing MERCHANDISE - THE MERCHANDISE BELONGS TO THEM AND THEY PROFIT FROM IT, NOT THE CLUB.

i find it very strange that you can support the club but boycott it in every way possible?
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Reply #15: May 12, 2010 03:35:39 pm

I find it very strange that you can support the club but boycott it in every way possible?

I find it strange you can support the club but line H&G's pockets......
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: May 12, 2010 03:37:23 pm

I find it very strange that you can support the club but boycott it in every way possible?

It equates to the old saying "you have to be cruel to be kind".  It's a temporary thing which doesn't mean you love something any less but it's in it's best interest to stifle it for a while.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #17: May 12, 2010 03:37:30 pm

In some cases, supporting the club means doing everything possible to get rid of the leaches, not paying lip service to it on an internet forum whilst piling more money into their pockets.

I'll say again - you are not buying from the club, you are buying from the yanks, and putting even more money in their pockets.

Every single revenue stream means more money that they take OUT of the club.

THEY ARE THE OWNERS, THEY ARE THE ONE'S PROFITTING, NOT THE CLUB.

So don't try and give me a guilt trip because you want a shiny new F***ing shirt to impress your mates.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #18: May 12, 2010 03:49:31 pm
      So don't try and give me a guilt trip because you want a shiny new f**king shirt to impress your mates.

i beg your f**king pardon? new shiny shirt to impress the mates?! ;D, its not that at all, its supporting the club, i support liverpool whoever is in charge, i dont care if its the yanks, moores, whoever, but i will not stop buying things which WILL damage the club to protest against the owners..
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #19: May 12, 2010 03:54:03 pm
      I beg your f**king pardon? new shiny shirt to impress the mates?! ;D, its not that at all, its supporting the club, I support liverpool whoever is in charge, I dont care if its the yanks, moores, whoever, but I will not stop buying things which WILL damage the club to protest against the owners..

You're NOT supporting the club - you are lining the pockets of the yanks.

Is that so hard to understand?

How the f**k is NOT giving money to the yanks damaging the club?

That's just a f**king cop-out.

So here's the thing - if you're still intent on giving money to the yanks at the expense of the club because of some sense of misguided loyalty, then you haven't got a clue what's been happening the last few years.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #20: May 12, 2010 04:09:06 pm
      ok, what ever you say... i think its bullshit, but its all about opinions!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #21: May 12, 2010 05:18:25 pm
      ok, what ever you say... I think its bullshit, but its all about opinions!

It's not an opinion - it's a fact.

You are paying the yanks to rip off the fans.

That's the reason they are here - to make money off us.
      And every time someone buys merchandise, their shark smile gets just a little bit wider.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #22: May 12, 2010 05:52:20 pm
      so the point that people seem to be failing to get is....

boycotting the club merchandise /tickets etc

WILL DAMAGE THE CLUB!!!!
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #23: May 12, 2010 06:18:18 pm
      Will never turn my back on my club but find it all too easy to turn my back on them two clowns .Boycott for me come August until they sell up, will brake my heart but has to be done for the good of the club in my opinion .
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #24: May 12, 2010 06:33:02 pm

WILL DAMAGE THE CLUB!!!!

How will keeping money out of the yanks pockets damage the club?

Please explain.

Because I can't see it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #25: May 12, 2010 06:39:48 pm
      I think having one or two games where no supporters turn up as a pre organised protest against the yanks, is a great way to show the whole world (think of the world wide sports pages it would make ) how we the fans feel about what's happenend to our club.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #26: May 12, 2010 06:50:57 pm
      I think having one or two games where no supporters turn up as a pre organised protest against the yanks, is a great way to show the whole world (think of the world wide sports pages it would make ) how we the fans feel about what's happenend to our club.

Would never work though. There's too many whoppers who blame Rafa who would still go and then we'd have an Anfield full of Rafa bashers.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #27: May 12, 2010 07:02:23 pm
      I for one wouldnt boycott a game, these clowns already know how the fans feel and an empty kop/stadium would be a nightmare scenario for our players so that's a no go for me.

I'm not one for buying shirts etc but keep chipping away at them and they'll crack and F**k off soon!! ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: May 12, 2010 07:13:20 pm

WILL DAMAGE THE CLUB!!!!

Come on which one of them are you?

I'm guessin you're Tommy as Georgie boy doesn't bother his arse gettin involved.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #29: May 12, 2010 07:14:28 pm
      This boycott is bullshit. So, ye don't want us to but jerseys because the money is going to the yanks. What about the games? Are we not to go at all anymore? So then what? Watch Liverpool down the pub? Well your pub money pays pub owner, who then pays Sky sports, who make even more money from advertising, who's products are bought by fans. Those advertisers also pay Liverpool around the ground
      This is short sightedness on your behalf. It's obvious now that hicks and gillette won't be around much longer. The club is already in enough debt without this. The more debt we get into = the more money the yanks will need to sell it for = the harder it will be to sell.  A boycott by the fans will do alot more bad than good.
      I WILL NOT STOP BEING A LIVERPOOL FAN
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #30: May 12, 2010 07:15:28 pm
      Can we please refrain from having this thread turn in to a massive shouting match?

I'm not entirely sure that there was a boycott to the West Ham game. It was moved to the Monday night relatively late in the day and flights were also grounded, so that contributed to the low attendance. And it is widely known we do not want to boycott games because it would affect the team on the day.

As for boycotting buying the new shirts from the club store, I'm all for it. It is obvious that they are not willing enough to put a penny of their own money in to the club, even to buy it as a matter of fact, so why should we continue to prop them up? I for one will probably leave buying the shirt and buy it direct from the club once they have vacated the premises.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #31: May 12, 2010 07:16:27 pm
      Come on which one of them are you?

I'm guessin you're Tommy as Georgie boy doesn't bother his arse gettin involved.

I'm with you on that one or possibly another Purslow droid.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #32: May 12, 2010 07:29:46 pm
      I think the argument is getting off track and personal now. We all support the club. People dont sign onto a forum and post hundreds of comments because they hate the team.  We all support this club and want to see it be brought back to glory and winning cups and the league.

Boycotting in any form Is a tough decision for any supporter.  Boycotting matches and merchandise is the ultimate step.  It takes a huge amount of revenue from the club.

But, I would never force a supporter to do any of that nor would I blast him on this forum for not doing it.  I dont expect a season ticket holder who has had tickets for 30-40 years passed down from father to son etc..to just give them up and not go. I wouldn't ask that of anyone.  If someone wants to buy the new kit thats his decision and thats fine. But I would hope that he understands that if he can do something to protest the ownership then I would hope he would do it.

Plus, that same season ticket holder can do things to show he is not happy with the direction the club is taking.  Dont buy food or shirts or drinks at the match inside Anfield, but support the businesses around Anfield. Go to the pubs and restaurants and shops around the grounds. It supports the spirit of the club and other supporters and doesn't put money into the hands of Ownership.

I also understand the other side of the argument. Taking money from the club means their is no money to get the players we need to bring this team back to the top of the league and continue to fill the trophy case.  So its a win/lose proposition.  I think the best course of action is just protesting at matches and continued pressure and negative press directed towards ownership.  Make it known that they are not wanted, we will not support the owners and force them to sell the team and leave Liverpool all together. In this era with the Internet, Satellite TV deals, cable TV etc..Negative press is far more damaging than a boycott of taking money from them.  Negative press and bad press brings down governments, it can certainly hurt and bring down 2 owners of a football club.

Make signs and banners and bring them to the game. Hold rally's before the game and invite the press.  Eventually it will work and H&G will be shamed into selling the club. I have no doubt if enough pressure is forced on them through the media and press they will leave.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: May 12, 2010 07:30:02 pm
      Can we please refrain from having this thread turn in to a massive shouting match?

I'm not entirely sure that there was a boycott to the West Ham game. It was moved to the Monday night relatively late in the day and flights were also grounded, so that contributed to the low attendance. And it is widely known we do not want to boycott games because it would affect the team on the day.

As for boycotting buying the new shirts from the club store, I'm all for it. It is obvious that they are not willing enough to put a penny of their own money in to the club, even to buy it as a matter of fact, so why should we continue to prop them up? I for one will probably leave buying the shirt and buy it direct from the club once they have vacated the premises.

Testify!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #34: May 12, 2010 07:35:21 pm

Amen brother.

Boycotting shirt sales from the club shop will hurt the club far less than those two lying beauts raping it for everything it is worth. The quicker they are gone, the better.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #35: May 12, 2010 07:35:40 pm
      I get sickened by this "sit back and hope for the best" attitude STILL most fans seem to take.
      Everyone has been fully aware of the Yank's agenda for the past 2 years - and what have we thrown back at them?

Touche, my sentiments exactly. If they look like they are going to hold on for another year, it looks like the only option.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #36: May 12, 2010 07:42:03 pm
      And let's not forget this VERY important fact: The more merchandise the club sells, the more the yanks can value the club at.

They'll point to revenue streams and say "merchandising is worth X amount over X number of years, therefore that is worth another 100 million"

By reducing the revenue streams, we reduce the asking price and have more chance of a new owner who will put money into the team.

The yanks make their money by exploiting BRANDS - and like it or not, Liverpool is a global Brand, and they are exploiting fan loyalty to line their own pockets.
      Scottish Dave
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #37: May 12, 2010 07:42:15 pm
      I'll say again - you are not buying from the club, you are buying from the yanks, and putting even more money in their pockets.
      100% correct.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #38: May 12, 2010 07:44:37 pm
      I'm not sure and don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist here but over the last couple of weeks there seems to have been an influx of new 'posters' who seem to have an agenda, be it against the Gaffer, Fans or LFC in general. The consistency seems to me that the agenda i'm picking up on is they all seem to want to create a bit of turmoil against the club by putting across their opinion as 'fans'. You know who you are.

Now whilst a good debate is all well and good and part of the beauty of football, if i get an inkling or slight suspicion that one of these 'fans' ius posting then i'm just goin to blank that post and i urge all other true reds to do the same.

Its like openin the door to a Jehovahs Witness and sayin nothin. Just let them ramble about the lord until they run out of things to say then shut the door, they don't come back. We all know they'll get bored and go eventually but if a scabby dog starts sniffin at your front door and you feed it it'll come back for more so lets starve the fuckers.

Pointless ramble or rambling point? You decide.

YNWA IRWT JFT96
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #39: May 12, 2010 07:47:50 pm

Make signs and banners and bring them to the game. Hold rally's before the game and invite the press.  Eventually it will work and H&G will be shamed into selling the club. I have no doubt if enough pressure is forced on them through the media and press they will leave.

How do you shame someone who has no shame?

Do you honestly think they give a sh*t what anyone thinks of them?

They live in a bubble, and couldn't give a toss about the club, or us the fans - all they care about is the money they are making from us, and that's why it's important to hit them somewhere they understand. In their pockets.

The press also don't give a F**k - an ex-player whose name is sh*t said after a 6 minute protest, "can we get on with the football now"

they'll spin it any way the can to sell more papers - but we'll never get the coverage that the red knights get, simply because our cause doesn't make the press barons as much money as reporting on united does.

Their fans are "heroic"

What we get is calls to shut up for the sake of the club.

Absolute bollcks, and more proof of the press agenda.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #40: May 12, 2010 08:04:31 pm

I also understand the other side of the argument. Taking money from the club means their is no money to get the players we need to bring this team back to the top of the league and continue to fill the trophy case.  So its a win/lose proposition. 

Where have you been for the last four transfer windows? Rafa hasnt been given any money for players. So i doubt its going to affect the team much.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #41: May 12, 2010 09:19:55 pm
      I think boycotting games will hurt the team, and i know that i cannot stomach another season like this one.  Plus we all know that a boycott will never happen as everyone who wants the Yanks out will boycott a game, but the fans who cannot be bothered to protest will just buy the tickets that come available.  As for the merchandise, we all know the hardcore fans who are against the yanks have not been buying merchandise from the club for ages, but all the other fans still go buying the tops.  The yanks know we have a massive following all around the world and the merchandise will still be getting sold.

I came up with an idea which I sent to Spirit of Shankley, which involved t shirts being sold with slogans against the yanks (SOS sell them for £6 already).  If people started buying them and wearing them at games and hopefully it would spread amongst the fans and then more and more people could display there utter displeasure at the yanks.  Plus people would start asking more questions why we are doing this, the more information people know and spread across to other fans the better. 

Hopefully though we will be sold by the summer and we wont have to do this, but if not we have to act swifly before we go further and further down.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #42: May 12, 2010 10:44:28 pm
      How do you shame someone who has no shame?

Do you honestly think they give a sh*t what anyone thinks of them?

They live in a bubble, and couldn't give a toss about the club, or us the fans - all they care about is the money they are making from us, and that's why it's important to hit them somewhere they understand. In their pockets.

The press also don't give a F**k - an ex-player whose name is sh*t said after a 6 minute protest, "can we get on with the football now"

they'll spin it any way the can to sell more papers - but we'll never get the coverage that the red knights get, simply because our cause doesn't make the press barons as much money as reporting on united does.

Their fans are "heroic"

What we get is calls to shut up for the sake of the club.

Absolute bollcks, and more proof of the press agenda.
      I understand your point. Certain actions can and will hurt the club. I am not for a total boycott of the team. That is something which can very easily backfire and hurt the team more than anything.

However, if done right a media campaign CAN work.  Whatever our feelings our towards the press and we know how they fu**ed this club in the past. But bad PR is Bad PR.  Thats why clubs have public relations directors and media consultants. I would bet my life that H&G have skeletons in their closet. Whether its shady business deals, or stock and trade manipulations or a dead hooker in a hotel room..whatever....Bad press is not good for any team or anyone. Its finding out, getting the bad information and then publishing it.

Do you honestly think that if thousands of Liverpool supporters were to demonstrate or rally outside Anfield that the press would just ignore it. No way. Papers love dirt,love scandal and love the little guy vs the big guy. Personally Hicks and Gillete probably dont give a F**k, its apparant in the way they conduct themselves...but bad press is a killer. 

Remember when Hicks Jr. told a fan to "F**k off" in an email?   He was fired from the board and the club. He was Director of the club. It worked. It got one of them out.

Dont underestimate bad PR in the day and age of instant information and instant news. Companies spend millions on PR firms and spin control of bad press.  It works. We need to find a common ground which shows support for the "Team and Club" and what it represents and an action that goes against the Ownership. 

I think the answer could come from the initial deal itself. When they took over they were supposed to build a new stadium..that was a clear and well known stipulation in the contract and lease of the club.  I think if the FA got off its ass and pressured H&G to either sell the team entirely or refinance with solid investors and REAL CASH. No more loans or fu**ed up bonds and stock transfers or whatever they do. Personally, I dont think the FA will allow probably one of the top 3 clubs in the world to go downhill because the owners failed to follow through on their agreements to Liverpool and the FA.  If the FA is the governing body of Football in England then they need to come out, make a stand and side with the supporters. Its apparent that H&G failed to fulfill their end of the agreement to the FA. So where are they and what are they going to do.

Does anyone know if a copy of the contract/deal is online or printed somewhere for people to look at? 

I would be very Interested in reading that and finding out exactly how they were allowed to buy the club after having such a horrible record of running Sports teams.  Here is a brief lesson on how BAD Hicks is at owning a sports franchise:

CORINTHIANS

Before he took over, Corinthians won the league in 98 and 99. They were the top club in Brazil and one of the best clubs in the World. Then Hicks bought and of course promised "Corinthians" a new stadium. This was a successful club playing in the top league in Brazil. So what does he do? He changed the team colors and crest, added sponsors to the shirts turning the players into walking billboards.  After a few years he never built the stadium, the team had a massive debt and horrible financial troubles Hicks "Retired" from the club and they ended up relegated to the lower divisions. He took the best club team in Brazil which won the League 2 years in a row.Had 26 national cups. He buys them and in 4 years they go into massive debt and end up in relegation.

TEXAS RANGERS

He bought the team in 98' they won the division in 98/99 then went downhill.  Have never made the playoffs since and are currently $600 Million in debt and cant sell the team because they are in such a financial mess that the league wont approve any sale until Hicks pays back some of the debt. Another failure and sent the team into a financial mess.

Now Liverpool...Hicks said in an Interview he believes the club is worth 4 times what he paid and would only sell it for that amount.  Which means he wont sell unless he gets approx 876 Million pounds or $1.7 BILLION US DOLLARS.  He said that the club has TRIPLED in value since he took over.  He honestly believes that.

I want to know why the FA allowed him to buy one of their top clubs, the most known football club in the world. They had to have seen what he did to Corinthians. How do you allow that too happen?  I blame the FA as much as I blame H&G. Especially when he comes to the table with no cash and only has loans and bonds and whatever these guys have that allow them to continue destroying companies and franchises. Why aren't they forcing him them to sell the team? Plus, If he thinks he tripled the clubs worth in the last 3 years he is completely, insane. How does he justify it?  Where exactly does the tripled worth come from. He never built a stadium, haven't won the league, wont sign top players or give Rafa money to spend.

Thats like me just saying my car is worth $100,000 dollars because I say it is. Its only a 2001 Jeep but I say its worth 100K.  He can say the club is worth 100 Trillion dollars...so what. Its what people are willing to pay. Its like collecting a comic book. The first Batman comic just sold for a Million dollars at auction. Right now its worth a Million dollars because someone paid that, in actuality its worth about 5 cents.Its just an old comic made of paper. But, again the super rich have inflated ego's and make worthless sh*t valuable.  Van Gogh paintings are 100 million, why?  its a 140 year old painting with about $1 dollars worth of paint and canvass. But because some jerk-off paid $100 million for it, it is now "valuable".
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #43: May 12, 2010 10:48:29 pm
      I wont be Boycotting any game i want to get to as many as i can in this short life haha more fans boycott the games the better for me more chance of a ticket.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #44: May 12, 2010 10:54:03 pm
      So your happy with what is going on in the club?  Just as long as you get a ticket!!
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #45: May 12, 2010 10:58:36 pm
      ;D i was joking hate what is happen to my club as it if carrys on there will be plenty of tickets as of the Yanks/ Banks will have to sell our Best Players no no no Club comes first if this does carry on till next season and we dont sing anyone no new owner no stadium and Rafa has not got a clue what is happen i can see my self going to Tyncastle and watching Liverpool on Football First on a sat night hope it changes as i cant bare to go back watching hEARTS.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #46: May 13, 2010 11:03:19 am
      I never have and never will buy any gear from the club , its one big ripoff rather wait til I go to Turkey and get it half the price .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: May 13, 2010 12:10:43 pm
      Boycotts of the games do nothing for our club. If we don't go, then others will. And most likely it'll be the beauts and whoppers who get the tickets and won't sing and just complain and boo.

If we boycott the Liverpool shop and merchandise directly from the club then it'll hit them where it hurts because they rely on the massive fan base of ours to exploit us and encourage us to spend our hard earned money so we can keep their pockets lined.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #48: May 13, 2010 12:34:04 pm
      Boycotts of the games do nothing for our club. If we don't go, then others will. And most likely it'll be the beauts and whoppers who get the tickets and won't sing and just complain and boo.

If we boycott the Liverpool shop and merchandise directly from the club then it'll hit them where it hurts because they rely on the massive fan base of ours to exploit us and encourage us to spend our hard earned money so we can keep their pockets lined.

completely agree on games crouchie, players and managers need the support on the field, it's what sets our fans aside from others. it's the off field sh*t that needs addressing. they're running a 'franchise' to sell crap to make money.

increased turnover this year...again.
      hardly any investment in players this season...again (net spend last season was sh*te too).
      no money spent on beginning the new staidum...again.

yet the debt has risen by 200m over 3 years under their ownership.

if we're not spending the earned cash on stadium or players, where did all the money go (loan interests aside)?

so keep buying your shirts and your stupid lfc mugs to line the yanks pockets, longer you do it, longer they'll stay. I'm having non of it.
      Scottish Dave
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #49: May 13, 2010 12:40:44 pm
      There are reasons why guys like these buy football clubs.

They know that no matter what they do, no matter how little they invest in the club, the fans will still buy the tickets and the merchandise out of blind loyalty.

This wouldn't happen in any other business. If the product was being neglected the public simply wouldn't choose to invest their hard earned into it.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #50: May 13, 2010 12:42:54 pm
      Agree with that Dave. You go to home games ? How do you get on Liverpool ? mate

There are reasons why guys like these buy football clubs.

They know that no matter what they do, no matter how little they invest in the club, the fans will still buy the tickets and the merchandise out of blind loyalty.

This wouldn't happen in any other business. If the product was being neglected the public simply wouldn't choose to invest their hard earned into it.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #51: May 13, 2010 01:44:32 pm
      In some cases, supporting the club means doing everything possible to get rid of the leaches, not paying lip service to it on an internet forum whilst piling more money into their pockets.

Every single revenue stream means more money that they take OUT of the club.

THEY ARE THE OWNERS, THEY ARE THE ONE'S PROFITTING, NOT THE CLUB.

So don't try and give me a guilt trip because you want a shiny new f**king shirt to impress your mates.

If that's the case, let's hope we get relegated?!?!?!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #52: May 13, 2010 02:33:46 pm

if we get relegated, it'll because the c***s have sucked the club dry and run it into the ground, not because we stopped buying their shirts.

you buy 100 shirts, they'll take 100 shirts worth of money fro the club, you buy 1, they'll take 1's worth. simple, don';t line their pockets
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: May 13, 2010 02:40:14 pm

The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #54: May 13, 2010 02:43:27 pm
      You're a tw*t ? let's hope we get Relegated even if your joking or not.

Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #55: May 13, 2010 02:51:19 pm
      Clear joke divvy.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #56: May 13, 2010 02:52:45 pm
      Jase who you calling a Divvy ;D haha i know you were joking just you get few Prats on this Fourm saying stuff like that.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #57: May 13, 2010 02:57:42 pm
      ok, didnt really mean to annoy people so they started offending people
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #58: May 13, 2010 02:58:38 pm
       :mad:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #59: May 13, 2010 03:47:04 pm

And scare off all the thousands of bandwagon jumpers too!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #60: May 13, 2010 04:05:02 pm
      Just by knock off shirts from the market, give the market sellers the money.  that would piss the owners up, the kop full of knock off tops
      Scottish Dave
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #61: May 13, 2010 04:09:01 pm
      Agree with that Dave. You go to home games ? How do you get on Liverpool ? mate
      I go to as many home games as possible, which hasn't been too many this season really, mostly due to work issues.

Being based in Glasgow is also a bit of a hindrance!  :f_wah:
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #62: May 17, 2010 01:55:36 pm
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #63: May 17, 2010 02:55:05 pm
      Wouldn't trust that source mate
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #64: May 17, 2010 02:59:42 pm
      Wouldn't trust that source mate

Well they're claiming to have spoken to SOS's Jay Mckenna, so it may be true.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #65: May 17, 2010 03:08:01 pm
      truly shocking
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #66: May 17, 2010 03:35:25 pm
      Well they're claiming to have spoken to SOS's Jay Mckenna, so it may be true.

I read that quote too HR.  I also read somewhere this morning that season tickets next season could have to go up to £1900 to balance the cashflow.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #67: May 17, 2010 03:36:18 pm
      I read that quote too HR.  I also read somewhere this morning that season tickets next season could have to go up to £1900 to balance the cashflow.

now that is a F***ing joke!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #68: May 17, 2010 03:39:13 pm

Our owners don't joke when it comes to making themselves more money.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #69: May 17, 2010 03:48:11 pm
      Let's face it. The reality of boycotting games etc is getting closer and closer by the day the longer the owners are here. The more people really start to understand where our real problems are, the more people will not want to hand their cash over to pay unjustified debts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #70: May 17, 2010 03:55:07 pm

I'm hoping you meant £900 there Reddebs, because £1900 would be truly F***ing shocking, could they even justify putting the prices up after the season we've had.

Actually couldn't believe that I heard Blackburn were one of the cheapest clubs for season tickets out of virtually all but two of the 92 Premier League and League clubs.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #71: May 17, 2010 03:55:40 pm
      The more people really start to understand where our real problems are, the more people will not want to hand their cash over to pay unjustified debts.

That still wont stop the day-trippers though, they will spend big in the shops and we will still have the same problem, 2 Yank c*nts raping our club for every penny, whilst Scudamore and his circus sit on their arses doing f**k all.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: May 17, 2010 04:01:53 pm
      I'm hoping you meant £900 there Reddebs, because £1900 would be truly f**king shocking, could they even justify putting the prices up after the season we've had.

Actually couldn't believe that I heard Blackburn were one of the cheapest clubs for season tickets out of virtually all but two of the 92 Premier League and League clubs.

Nope I definately meant £1900.  They couldn't care less how our season went so long as they get their cash but you know that already.  Maybe they're trying to get rid of everybody connected to the club who try to stand in their way.  They're doing it with Rafa, some of the players seem to be getting the message and now they're starting on the fans.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #73: May 17, 2010 04:04:50 pm
      Nope I definately meant £1900.  They couldn't care less how our season went so long as they get their cash but you know that already.  Maybe they're trying to get rid of everybody connected to the club who try to stand in their way.  They're doing it with Rafa, some of the players seem to be getting the message and now they're starting on the fans.

thats over £100 a game cant be right
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #74: May 17, 2010 04:08:46 pm

Shudders.

Maybe in London, but theres not a hells chance they'll get away with that here, unless of course they are corporate tickets.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      Reply #75: May 17, 2010 04:10:56 pm
      Shudders.

Maybe in London, but theres not a hells chance they'll get away with that here, unless of course they are corporate tickets.

That wouldnt surprise me, knowing them 2 c*nts they would price the fans out of attending the games, and then start on merchandise until someone comes in and buys the club off them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #76: May 17, 2010 04:18:18 pm
      That wouldnt surprise me, knowing them 2 c*nts they would price the fans out of attending the games, and then start on merchandise until someone comes in and buys the club off them.

Exactly my point.  They don't want die hard fans there, they only want people who spend wads of cash.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      Reply #77: May 17, 2010 04:53:07 pm
      Exactly my point.  They don't want die hard fans there, they only want people who spend wads of cash.

The only people i want to see spending wads of cash in L4 are the new f**king owners....whenever we get some, oh and i want to hear the noises of spades & diggers aswell when they start on our new stadium.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #78: May 17, 2010 08:11:31 pm
      I won't be buying the new shirt until the muppets are gone! Luckly I don't really like it anyway ;D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #79: May 18, 2010 01:40:19 am
      Surely,if this is true,now is the time to stop buying official LFC mechandise.As for games.if you are prepared to pay £100 per ticket to watch this sh*te,then carry on brother without me.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #80: May 18, 2010 06:23:22 pm
      If this drags on and it turns they are biding for time. It might be the only option. Hit those bas**rds in the pocket.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: May 18, 2010 06:39:31 pm
      Its my sons birthday next month. Looked at a lot of threads regarding money and owners. Have decided Liverpool merchandise will wait and be reviewed in December. I wont judge anyone who does otherwise but I feel at a loss as to how best to express my distaste for the regime in charge and for now its all I can have an influence in. Even if it is minute in the grand scheme of things
      MsGerrard
      Reply #82: May 18, 2010 07:51:16 pm
      I will not be buying the new shirt, or anything else for that matter.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: May 18, 2010 09:20:59 pm
      I'm not buying anything either nor am I renewing my membership till they've gone.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #84: May 18, 2010 09:32:52 pm
      I try and avoid it at all costs on matchday but I went into the club shop 1st home game of the season vs stoke (to get a new air freshner for my car ;)) and there was a fella in front of me who spent £250 on shirts, mugs, flags, scarves, toilet paper........etc.

You tell me who they'd rather shop there......
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #85: May 18, 2010 10:47:01 pm
      I will not be buying the new shirt, or anything else for that matter.

As much as it pains me to say it, me and my boys have had new shirts for the last 3 seasons ( since they've been born ) , i shall be boycotting the merchandise myself and will not be renewing my membership either. Until the owners are gone that is.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #86: May 18, 2010 11:01:55 pm
      As much as it pains me to say it, me and my boys have had new shirts for the last 3 seasons ( since they've been born ) , i shall be boycotting the merchandise myself and will not be renewing my membership either. Until the owners are gone that is.

I've also had a lot of new shirts recently, no more though, I have to admit to visiting the LFC store nearly every time I go to Liverpool, and nearly always buy something, I also like to get stuff for my friends abroad, as they can't get much.

It will be hard for me to refrain from going in there, but I must resist, until the two clowns have departed our beloved club.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 11:28:59 pm by MsGerrard »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #87: May 18, 2010 11:07:27 pm
      Well I've already promised me nephew the new goalkeeping kit. He's Liverpool mad and at the age of 4, which he'll be in June, trying to explain to him the ins and outs of the boardroom problems ain't gonna get anywhere. He just sees the kit and wants it, I can't refuse me nephew that joy.

I will however be buying the kit from either an online retailer or a shop in town. Certainly won't be going to the official stores - not only do they cost over the odds to begin with, it means more money going to those F***ing clowns.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #88: May 18, 2010 11:50:39 pm
      Well I've already promised me nephew the new goalkeeping kit. He's Liverpool mad and at the age of 4, which he'll be in June, trying to explain to him the ins and outs of the boardroom problems ain't gonna get anywhere. He just sees the kit and wants it, I can't refuse me nephew that joy.

I will however be buying the kit from either an online retailer or a shop in town. Certainly won't be going to the official stores - not only do they cost over the odds to begin with, it means more money going to those f**king clowns.

My 2 boys are 18 months and 30 months. My youngest loves Torres and my oldest loves Reina ( think it's because he's got a bald head like his dad!). If the kit is bought from an online retailer, won't money still go into their pockets? With a bit of luck they'll be gone by the summer ( the owners that is! ).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #89: May 18, 2010 11:58:25 pm
      My 2 boys are 18 months and 30 months. My youngest loves Torres and my oldest loves Reina ( think it's because he's got a bald head like his dad!). If the kit is bought from an online retailer, won't money still go into their pockets? With a bit of luck they'll be gone by the summer ( the owners that is! ).

It could do mate, to be honest I don't know they work the retail market. Not sure what goes where and to who.

But hopefully the owners will have gone by the start of the new season, not that I'm holding me breath though.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #90: May 19, 2010 12:08:57 am
      I understand the people who choose to boycott games & merchandise, etc- but i honestly dont see the point-

I mean its not going to hit our clown owners in the pocket if a few people dont buy stuff or go to Anfield- and it would never work on a mass scale to make the owners take notice-
      I go to Anfield and watch our boys for them- to support them to win our games, nothing to do with the owners- (even though it has everything to do with the owners)
            All of this bullshit affects the players- how cant it?  They need all the support they can get- to carry on playing through this- and hope we get new owners, and behind the scenes & £££ will get sorted out.
      We all want the same thing- players, fans & probably the staff also- Yanks out- Rich new owners in!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #91: May 19, 2010 12:10:20 am
      Feel for you guys with the youngsters. But, i'm out of buying any official merchandise till the fuckwits are gone.  :f_whistle:
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #92: May 19, 2010 12:14:51 am
      I understand the people who choose to boycott games & merchandise, etc- but i honestly dont see the point-

I mean its not going to hit our clown owners in the pocket if a few people dont buy stuff or go to Anfield- and it would never work on a mass scale to make the owners take notice-
      I go to Anfield and watch our boys for them- to support them to win our games, nothing to do with the owners- (even though it has everything to do with the owners)
            All of this bullshit affects the players- how cant it?  They need all the support they can get- to carry on playing through this- and hope we get new owners, and behind the scenes & £££ will get sorted out.
      We all want the same thing- players, fans & probably the staff also- Yanks out- Rich new owners in!

The longest journey starts with the smallest of steps Ms Torres.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Don't underestimate the power of the fans. I didn't think the emails would even register with the media. But, it has been acknowledged by several papers now. That was only 700+emails.

This issue needs some serious drive behind it. It also needs to be taken seriously. Its the only way to show the owners we don't want them here. Demonstrations only do part of the job. We need collective attacks on them. I'm so pissed off i'm joining SOS this week. Had enough of the turmoil this season and want to be a part of removing the leeches as quickly as possible.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #93: May 19, 2010 11:27:45 pm
      The longest journey starts with the smallest of steps Ms Torres.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Don't underestimate the power of the fans. I didn't think the emails would even register with the media. But, it has been acknowledged by several papers now. That was only 700+emails.

This issue needs some serious drive behind it. It also needs to be taken seriously. Its the only way to show the owners we don't want them here. Demonstrations only do part of the job. We need collective attacks on them. I'm so pissed off i'm joining SOS this week. Had enough of the turmoil this season and want to be a part of removing the leeches as quickly as possible.

Just signed up for SOS. Get those yank bas**rds out ASAP!  ;D
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #94: Jun 10, 2010 11:08:23 am
      ok...........

i have thought long and hard about this....and i apologise for suggesting we help the yanks stay in power...

enough is enouugh, and actions speak much louder than words....

lets sort something to send a message - LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

a boycott of the first home game of next season??

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #95: Jun 10, 2010 11:11:22 am
      ok...........

I have thought long and hard about this....and I apologise for suggesting we help the yanks stay in power...

enough is enouugh, and actions speak much louder than words....

lets sort something to send a message - LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

a boycott of the first home game of next season??

Ahem...

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=30629.0

;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #96: Jun 10, 2010 11:23:33 am
      This is the only 'Liverpool' merchandise I will be buying this year if our owners remain
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #97: Jun 10, 2010 11:38:03 am
      I understand the people who choose to boycott games & merchandise, etc- but i honestly dont see the point

Oh dear.  :-\

Quick Reply