Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield

Read 54239 times
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: BREAKING: Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield
      Reply #736: Jun 03, 2010 03:12:39 pm
      Sky Sports have played the spending card again. F**k me.

I just saw that and they were saying how bad he was...

They just want him gone badly
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #737: Jun 03, 2010 03:12:46 pm
      F**k that djdan right off he's a manc or a blueshite on a wind up with nothing constructive to put forward.
      (edit)  Now I can smell Angelicrayment.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #738: Jun 03, 2010 03:14:34 pm
      youre asking for rafa's email, wanting to show him we care well facebook got rage against to number 1, maybe it can save our manager ?? and start to save our club ?? we just need to make sure its ONE page not loads of little groups.

i dont think Facebook would get enough members quickly enough, in an earlier thread we have hicks and broughton's email addresses, why dont we email a mass list to him of people who think Rafa is our man.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #739: Jun 03, 2010 03:17:52 pm
      My view on this is, this temporary 'board' is thinking about the longterm future of the club when none of them have one, especially if the Yanks are trying to sell up.

I've got a bad feeling that all this 'player power' are narrowed down to a group of our players sh*t stirring to get Rafa out, I.E Gerrard, Torres, who ever else.

I'm not pointing fingers at the players, maybe he has lost the dressing room.  Or maybe he could regain it?  I'm more worried about Stevie and Nando jumping ship, I think that will be much more disastrous than Rafa leaving.

I just can't believe the audacity of this so called 'hierarchy' trying to make decisions when they aren't going to be around for much longer! 

The only way Rafa will turn this down is if he see's that the owners aren't going to be here for much longer along with their minions that are debating this pay off, plus - they can't sack Rafa because they CAN'T afford to financial wise, which will put Rafa in a better position automatically because of his £16m compensation deal because of the years left running on his contract.

Unless Rafa takes the £3m and takes charge of the likes of Inter, who have money, are the recent European Champions, and where the board actually would back him.

The protest today may be our last chance to convince Rafa to ride the lightening until they F**k off out of our club.  I just hope, that we do not get hit by recoil and our best stars leave because they have lost faith in Benitez, which is the worst case scenario.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #740: Jun 03, 2010 03:18:21 pm
      Just took the dog out for a nice walk in the boiling sun.

Then I get back to djdan. Brilliant.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #741: Jun 03, 2010 03:21:18 pm
      You fail to realise that if Rafa goes, everything WILL start falling apart.

You fail to realise that Rafa is a world-class manager, which is why so many European clubs are after him right now - including the TREBLE-winning Internazionale side. Do you really think they'd go for Rafa if they didn't think he could do it again, or at least, retain some of those trophies? NO.

You fail to realise that this is your one chance to leave this forum with a little dignity in-tact. Because if you continue to wind people up, action will be taken.
      Couldn't have put it better myself.
      What some people fail to realise is that If Rafa does leave the club, there's a high chance that our main players will follow him. Inter are already in the news offering big money for our players, and this might well give an impetus to it.
      Not to mention our club losing a gem of a manager.
      I fear what could happen if he leaves. :(
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #742: Jun 03, 2010 03:21:33 pm
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_fc_managers

look at Rafa's stats, says it all really
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #743: Jun 03, 2010 03:24:11 pm
      Inter Milan want Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano to follow Rafa Benitez to the San Siro

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 1:45 PM on 3rd June 2010
      Comments (0) Add to My Stories Inter Milan will look into moves for Liverpool's star trio Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Javier Mascherano as they close in on appointing Rafa Benitez as their next manager.
      After Fabio Capello's decision to decisively commit to the England job for another two years, Inter have made it their primary objective to install Benitez as Jose Mourinho's successor.

The Spaniard is set to leave Anfield after being offered a £4million pay-off and a quick return to the game with the European champions could suit everyone concerned

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283637/Inter-Milan-want-Steven-Gerrard-Fernando-Torres-Javier-Mascherano.html#ixzz0pnQR8kIM

so the sh*te begins!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #744: Jun 03, 2010 03:24:30 pm
      I dont think the stars have lost faith its just media bullshit,the board want rafa out because they know they cant fund any transfers in the summer star players will have to be sold to blanace the books they have acheap option of F***ing rafa off with a few million knowing there are other clubs out there who will snap him up quick time(inter milan).

By rafa still being our manager he exposes the board that have raped this club and are gonna rape it further.

Rafa is our voice and they want him silenced fast.
      Saint
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #745: Jun 03, 2010 03:26:49 pm
      Does anyone have a mate who works for the club who might know Rafa's email address?
      D33SH
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #746: Jun 03, 2010 03:27:08 pm
      I dont think Facebook would get enough members quickly enough, in an earlier thread we have hicks and broughton's email addresses, why dont we email a mass list to him of people who think Rafa is our man.

why not do both (it cant hurt), but if we do it it needs to be done NOW so as they can see we cant just talk and consider it
      lfcinpa
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #747: Jun 03, 2010 03:28:27 pm
      Didnt' get a chance to read through the whole thread, but all these rumors have my head spinning.  Some articles talk about how the big players (Nando, Gerrard, Masch) want Rafa out, while others talk about how with Rafa leaving, it could be a prelude to our biggest stars leaving the team.  I can't read anymore about this.  It's so discouraging.  All I want is new ownership, and Torres pulling on the shirt of LFC for the opening game.  Is that too much to ask?

I respect what Rafa has done for the club and obviously we're all appreciative of that night in Istanbul and his contribution to it.  But in my opinion, this isn't about Rafa.  I recognize that sometimes a change at manager could be a good way to give the team a boost to drive forward (if the right man in brought in in his place).  The problem in my mind is what is going on behind the scenes to drive these decisions.  It's at the point now where there are a few puppets running the club for profits and the voice of the true fan is miles from being heard.  So in general, I'm not so much worried about the manager as I am the overall stability of the club.

My biggest fear is in a last gasp attempt to turn profits, the owners will sell off all the big names, to generate 100M+ and then sell the club on for what they can get (closer to the 300M valuation).  Someone tell me this isn't possible!!

Can't wait til this club gets sold.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #748: Jun 03, 2010 03:29:11 pm
      We need to get to purslow fast.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #749: Jun 03, 2010 03:31:12 pm
      Yes, but not all the money goes to the yanks. Sadly, the more money we give to the club the more the yanks get but giving the club (and therefore the yanks..) less money will NOT help one little bit.

Like giving them more money will help anyone but the greedy, LYING yank bas**rds.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #750: Jun 03, 2010 03:31:30 pm
      We need to get to purslow fast.

Fastest way would be using a sniper scope....
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #751: Jun 03, 2010 03:33:06 pm
      why not do both (it cant hurt), but if we do it it needs to be done NOW so as they can see we cant just talk and consider it

i agree- gett he group created, and then we'll get the members
      i have a hicks and gillett group with 1770 members so will probably be able to get most to join :)

lets do this!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #752: Jun 03, 2010 03:33:41 pm
      More inside gossip...Dalglish will be implemented as the manager with Rush as the assistant until the sale of the club goes through. Still cant verify though, any other thought from anyone ?

Nothing more than putting a plaster on a gushing artery wound & trying to curry favour with weak & feeble minded 'fan'.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #753: Jun 03, 2010 03:36:42 pm
      Is it true that Gerrard and maybe other players aren't seeing eye-to-eye with Rafa? Sky Sports seem to believe that this is the reason for his departure. I'm a massive fan of Rafa and would do anything if it meant him staying on as manager, but what if it did mean losing Gerrard and Torres because they 'aren't seeing eye-to-eye anymore'.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #754: Jun 03, 2010 03:38:12 pm
      Is it true that Gerrard and maybe other players aren't seeing eye-to-eye with Rafa? Sky Sports seem to believe that this is the reason for his departure. I'm a massive fan of Rafa and would do anything if it meant him staying on as manager, but what if it did mean losing Gerrard and Torres because they 'aren't seeing eye-to-eye anymore'.

more media bollocks son, wait for an official announcement
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #755: Jun 03, 2010 03:40:44 pm
      Song For Rafa ................

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #756: Jun 03, 2010 03:40:45 pm
      Run along my friend.  You can follow Rafa to his next club.

Liverpool supporters support the club.. and this is good news for the club!

Yes cos the owners can continue to rape the sh*t out of this club without some pesky manager revealing what the F**k they are up to.

Good news for this club would be those two tw*ts out of this club!
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #757: Jun 03, 2010 03:40:57 pm
      My biggest fear is in a last gasp attempt to turn profits, the owners will sell off all the big names, to generate 100M+ and then sell the club on for what they can get (closer to the 300M valuation).  Someone tell me this isn't possible!!

Can't wait til this club gets sold.

Kop Holdings owes the G+H investment vehicle Kop football £144million. If the club sold the players, paid themselves the £100Million back you speak of then all the new owners need do is pay the debt to the bank, plus a small face saving deal for Gillett and Hicks. So yes a £300Million deal could be done. All in all thought its really not good news either way as G=H bought a club in a good state with good players, new owners would have no stars, no manager and a team full of journey men.

Think Newcastle.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #758: Jun 03, 2010 03:41:07 pm
      Because I want the best for the club - where as Rafa supporters are only interested in Rafa...?

Well, looks like you can all go and cry yourselves to sleep tonight and tomorrow.  Your Idol is moving on - and you can too.

Liverpool FC!!! That's who I support.

I believe at present, Rafa is the best man to manage the CLUB I support.  Only a fool would want a yes man employed by the lying yank bas**rds.  Big difference between supporting the man I believe should be manager and being a fan of Rafa.  

Quick Reply