Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

If you could go back in time

Read 9949 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: If you could go back in time
      Reply #69: Oct 17, 2009 12:56:22 am
      Mates if I could go back in time I would go back to 1967.I was 17 years of age, picked from the then"Lancashire Schoolboys" football team, to train at Everton(I'm Catholic), which mattered at the time.I was at a top Grammar school as a result of the 11 plus selection process.My father and the school who were both staunch Potestants, insisted that I should play Rugby Union for the school, as I had been selected for the English Development Squad.I rejected that and as a consequence, they terminated my contact with football.I refused to play Rugby out of protest,left school before Uni and started playing semi- pro football.If I could go back now,I would do the same thing again, because no other f*cker should control your life.

Spot on mate!! I love the way you say if you could go back you would do the same.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,120 posts | 3370 
      Reply #70: Oct 17, 2009 01:11:58 am
      Nice to see this back up.

Thinking about it, I'd love to go back a few years to when I was about 14. (just the evenings of being 14 so I didn't have to bother with school). Just sitting off in Prinny or Sevvy Park thinking we were F***ing solid cos we had a few cans or bottles of ale. Must of been about 50 of us just having a proper good laugh and just generally enjoying our youth.

Best time we had there was when everyone put a quid in to see who could last the longest in the Sevvy Park. Started it about 7 at night, didn't end till about midday two days later. I'd go back to that time and win the money rather than F**k off cos I was hungry.

Had some boss days in the Parks.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #71: Oct 17, 2009 01:15:17 am
      Spot on mate!! I love the way you say if you could go back you would do the same.
      Thanks mate.It's difficult for people to understand how potential goes awhry, but look at the local amateur leagues, there's plenty of people who could make the grade in lower league pro football,but don't for a variety of reasons.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #72: Oct 18, 2009 10:23:47 am
      Go back to the game yesterday and smack that balloon ed right in the kisser.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,120 posts | 3370 
      Reply #73: Jan 24, 2010 01:29:12 am
      Been reminiscing on the phone with me mate tonight about some of the things we got up to in Windsor St. Got me thinking of this thread and just reading over some of the posts in here again brings more than a tear to the eye. Some real boss, touching, posts in this thread.

We got talking bout going back in time and I'd love to go through both World Wars because I've always been fascinated by those eras. The 60s is probably the era I should of been born in, I love the fashion, music, lifestyle of Mod culture, everything about it. So that would be a must. As I stated earlier in the thread I'd go back to the 70s to see the family me Dad grew up in and compare the same people to what they are now. I'd go back to the 80s because I'd wanna live through the Tocky riots being a Toxteth lad an all, it's part of me history that I'd like (although not sure if that's right word) to experience first hand and I'd wanna see just how badly me hometown did get treated by the government of the time. And the 90s cos it was boss being a kid then or it was for me anyway.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #74: Jan 24, 2010 10:14:56 am
      Go back to 2007 and tell my bestie my feelings and we would be so happy together now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,120 posts | 3370 
      Reply #75: Jun 06, 2010 03:28:14 am
      Been doing a lot of thinking of the past over the last few days, found the present isn't doing too much for me right now. Out of work, splitting up with Laura, me one real love being fu**ed over by two robbing cu*ts and the chances of any improving soon looking extremely thin.

So I would happily go back to me primary school days in Windsor Street. They were the best days of me life. I mean you never make mates like you do in primary school, they're the ones who had similar up bringings to you. Similar morals and principals. F***ing love me mates from back then.

Been thinking of me and Li, being chased out of Woolies when we were about 10. The one that was in St John's market by Boots. We were skint but went on a bit of a shopping spree shall we say in Woolworths. Secruity chased us everywhere, right through Woolies, out into the street. We just flew down the street, past Tesco's and past what was George Henry Lee's. Past where the Liverpool shop in Williamson Sq is and jumped on the first bus we saw at Queen's Squarer station. Ended up in Walton I think it was. F***ing mad.

Quick Reply