Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?

Read 10394 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Re: Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2010 02:14:31 pm
      i think stevie actually wanted Rafa out, he didnt have the drive to motivate the team and his subs decisions spoilt the end of season run in.

If true, it makes Steven no better than Lampard or Terry and is another reason why I'd strip Steven of the captaincy, and give it to Reina.

Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2010 02:21:40 pm
      But put yourself in his boots...you've carried the team you love through thick and thin for years and helped bring the team together, you then see players who are sh!te in the team and Rafa wont talk or motivate anyone.

It may all be wishfull thinking from me that a new manager will spark so life into the team and tell the wasters and underachieveers to go and f*ck off to the second division if they dont have the passion to wear our shirt.

We wont and may not ever know if there was any unrest but lets forget it all and pray for togetherness from the team with a new manager and a new start
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #25: Jun 09, 2010 02:25:04 pm
      you then see players who are sh!te in the team and Rafa wont talk or motivate anyone.

A bit like the captain, who doesn't really talk or motivate anyone on the pitch.

Oh wait, that's Gerrard isn't it.

Heard plenty of rumours he's off to Madrid anyway!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #26: Jun 09, 2010 02:28:13 pm
      Im sorry but i wont punish Gerrard who has virtually won us every trophy we have claimed in the past 6 years.

He had a relatively poor season by his standards (but was still better than Lucas) so what!

He's our captian and he loves the club, im trying to emphasize that we need a fresh breath of air, not whinging about recent events

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Jun 09, 2010 02:30:17 pm
      But put yourself in his boots...you've carried the team you love through thick and thin for years and helped bring the team together, you then see players who are sh!te in the team and Rafa wont talk or motivate anyone.

It may all be wishfull thinking from me that a new manager will spark so life into the team and tell the wasters and underachieveers to go and f*ck off to the second division if they dont have the passion to wear our shirt.

We wont and may not ever know if there was any unrest but lets forget it all and pray for togetherness from the team with a new manager and a new start

Rafa wont talk or motivate anyone...
      Where do you get that statement from.
      Rafa was well able to motivate them up until our club started to come apart at the seams this season.
      Im actually glad for Rafa that he got away from us right now because no doubt he would have ended up in hospital after fighting alone against the owners for so long as he attempted to do right by the club as all around him looked to make decisions based on greed and self interest.
      The man should be applauded for staying so long and not have the snidey little comments coming out from fans like yourself who fail to see that unless we are sold soon to someone who actually has funds to invest in this club we are going to lose half our first team very soon.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #28: Jun 09, 2010 02:30:31 pm
      Im sorry but i wont punish Gerrard who has virtually won us every trophy we have claimed in the past 6 years.

He had a relatively poor season by his standards (but was still better than Lucas) so what! - No he wasn't

He's our captian and he loves the club, im trying to emphasize that we need a fresh breath of air, not whinging about recent events

You are Martin Broughton and I'm claiming my free air miles!!

What fresh approach, we haven't got any money to attract the best managers or players to Anfield, how the F**k is that a fresh breath of air.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #29: Jun 09, 2010 02:31:05 pm
      Lucas,Kuyt and Masch to follow Rafa... maybe! if we can get £10 million for Kuyt, £5 mill for Lucas and £30 million for Masch, i wouldnt have any major complaints as long as the money was used for signing new players. i dont want anyone here who doesnt wanna be here.. simple!

i think Nando and Stevie will stay if we get new owners and a new manager..
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #30: Jun 09, 2010 02:32:41 pm
      You are Martin Broughton and I'm claiming my free air miles!!

What fresh approach, we haven't got any money to attract the best managers or players to Anfield, how the f**k is that a fresh breath of air.

We dont need f*cking money!!!

Just players with big balls and the heart to go out and play on the pitch

Im trying to be confident, no harm in that
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Jun 09, 2010 02:34:01 pm
      We dont need f*cking money!!!

Just players with big balls and the heart to go out and play on the pitch

Im trying to be confident, no harm in that

Ill repeat my previous statement.
      unless we are sold soon to someone who actually has funds to invest in this club we are going to lose half our first team very soon.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #32: Jun 09, 2010 02:37:39 pm
      well lets just shut down this site and give up then
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Jun 09, 2010 02:56:04 pm
      well lets just shut down this site and give up then
      Your statements suggest that now Rafa is gone we should expect things to pick up.
      I'm merely pointing out that its not quite that simple
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #34: Jun 09, 2010 02:57:35 pm
      Ill repeat my previous statement.
      unless we are sold soon to someone who actually has funds to invest in this club we are going to lose half our first team very soon.

unfortunately i agree with you, definitely see half the guys going
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #35: Jun 09, 2010 02:58:26 pm
      well i look at it this way, we won the CL with smicer, Biscan, Traore, Baros and kewell.

We now have a better squad than when we won it, so im suggesting that a new manager might motivate the players and turn our fortunes around.

Not a definate, but its at least the way im trying to think
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Jun 09, 2010 03:00:48 pm
      well I look at it this way, we won the CL with smicer, Biscan, Traore, Baros and kewell.

We now have a better squad than when we won it, so im suggesting that a new manager might motivate the players and turn our fortunes around.

Not a definate, but its at least the way im trying to think

Well I can't fault your optimism.
      As for myself. I won't be optimistic until the owners have been paid off.
      Then my friend I'll be down the shops to buy some new merchandise and looking forward to the club rebuilding
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #37: Jun 09, 2010 03:03:15 pm
      It can be done im sure of it!!  ;D

Even with gerrard and torres off the teamsheet, we could still field a potentially better side than what wont it in 2005

So im praying that we put aside the financial sh!te and the players start showing investors what they are missing
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #38: Jun 09, 2010 03:07:48 pm
      Reina, Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Sotis, Insua, Lucas, Aquilani and Maxi. And most of the youngsters.

Rest of them could go.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #39: Jun 09, 2010 03:50:30 pm
      Someone has mentioned earlier that Stevie may stay now that Rafa has gone and I believe the chances of Stevie staying is high, inspite of all the rumours as we saw in the last few games, he was not the Stevie that we come to know off and he could be frustrated with the tactics and not too bothered to perform as he knew too well that the tactics were not right while Torres had become more quarrelsome than usual on the field. What do we expect of him when he was left all alone upfield and expected to perform miracles every week but kicked all over the field instead. I strongly believe that Stevie and Torres will stay if one of them stays. I choose to remain positive inspite of the turbulent times and I also strongly believe that not many players will move on inspite of what we read on papers. I don't mind a few of those average players moving on as they are the weak links while we can start picking up some quality players when the new manager is appointed.

As for Masch, I'm very dissapointed with him as he has been pretty outspoken of late and he's almost sure that he's heading to Inter. This is a classical case of a player wearing the red Liverpool Football Club jersey without pride. That being the case he can go, the sooner the better so that we can find a more effective replacement, no player is indispensable. Lastly, I hope that those players that do not take pride in wearing the LFC shirt please stand up now and head towards the door without delay, no need to wait any further. This will be testing times to see who are really patriotic to the club.

As for the coaching staff the lot can go, I want us to go back to the Liverpool way of doing things with the back room boys. We have too many of these foreign coaches/trainers/physio etc and they're very much alien to the club.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jun 09, 2010 03:59:40 pm
      Not many of our big players to be honest especially of some average manager like Hodgson comes in, I think Masch is defo gone, would be suprised to see Stevie and Torres staying.

Seems to be links away from the club to Kuyt, Babel and Johnson as well. But think of it on the bright side with all the money we are getting in the owners will be able to stay around for another while because they will have money for the interest repayments. I think it is called asset stripping. Oh ya and we will get to see Riera more.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #41: Jun 09, 2010 04:30:38 pm
      When we look at our teamsheet :-

Reina
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Carra
      Johnson
      Masch
      Yossi
      Stevie
      Max
      Torres

Surely its enough quality in there, why we finished 7th were down to a combination of reasons that it's best not to dwell on further, we need to move forward and put the past behind. Most managers in the league will be silently telling themselves, thank god with these players in my possession I've already got more than the back bone of the team and I just need to buy a few more players to strenghten the team and also to ensure that we have top quality on the bench. The new manager appointed will have to take the earliest flight to South Africa to convince these players to stay. Get feedback from these players whom they think they wanna see playing along side them next season and start hunting these players down. The manager should also asked these players what tactics they hope to see next season. This may seem trivial but these world class players needs to believe and have faith in the tactics that they'll be involved in next season to stay on and no better time for the new manager to tell these players that I hear you loud and clear and you will be given the freedom to make known your ideas and allow to express yourselves on the field for a change, like those all conquering years. Of course, on the financial side of things not everything is rosy, we can raise some money with the sales of the average players and plough back to get some quality players in. Comb South America for players, forget about the continent, players are overpriced many times over. Work overtime to get some potential 2nd stringers to step up. Glen Kelly is one of them playing almost like a season campaigner already, we can't be over protective of the second stringers.

I hate to read so many negative news about the club but in reality I strongly believe, I want to believe and I'm believing that things are much much better than what the press portrayed the club to be. Let's stay positive and I'm confident that things will turn for the better. Funnily enough, I'm feeling much calmer this one week or so and pretty confident that things will improve over the next few weeks. Don't ask me why and how, just my guts feelings.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #42: Jun 09, 2010 04:44:46 pm
      Im sorry but I wont punish Gerrard who has virtually won us every trophy we have claimed in the past 6 years.

He had a relatively poor season by his standards (but was still better than Lucas) so what!

I agreed with you Plantman regarding Gerrard.
      I hopefully he to stay, as he said he love to wear only LFC shirt in his career.
      I really upset for many fans here why your memory seem so short!. Stevie gave us and a club as much as one footballer can by his best, and for long long time. In total his career it's just last season can say it's not good enough (of course we don't know about future). But for me it's tremendous for what he made us happy many season before (please don't say something like "his wage is very high so he must do better everyday", he's only a man, I mean he's human, not a god). Please look back for season 09/10, Gerrard having trouble before season start (of course we can say too it's he himself who made that thing) and this at least affected his confident and his form (some fans also requested to strip his armband for this situation, sorry I can't remember where I saw this). Then during the season he suffered many injuries, and he almost never play alongside best teammates last season as Fernando also injured almost all season. Many fans here also admitted it's Rafa tactic and decision that play big role for our match result, is it right ?. So, I think it's so difficult season for him and a team. Then here we now want to strip an armband away from him, someone seems never consider to give him a chance to work and improve under new manager, that's so call a loyal supporter ?. Is it fair enough for our loyal player ?.

For the topic of who to stay, I would like to see at least SG and Fernando to stay, please.
      Then, for Reina, Aquilani, Johnson I think they would stay for almost 100 per cent.
      I don't want Agger, Benny, Pacheco to leave.
      For someone like Riera, Babel, El-Zhar (for El-Zhar he shouldn't play in first team because his abilities not enough for that, so he failed and fans blamed him, a pity boy) it's better to leave.

------
      Just my opinion, please tell me if there is any big mistake.

« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010 05:33:52 pm by skolRED »
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #43: Jun 09, 2010 04:45:43 pm
      Exactly

Out CL winning team

Dudek,
      Finnan (Hamann 46),
      Traore,
      Hyypia,
      Carragher,
      Riise,
      Gerrard,
      Luis Garcia,
      Alonso,
      Kewell (Smicer 23),
      Baros (Cisse 85).
      Subs Not Used: Carson, Josemi, Nunez, Biscan.

And your list:

Reina
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Carra
      Johnson
      Masch
      Yossi
      Stevie (Lucas if he goes)
      Max
      Torres (Babel or Pacheco if he goes)

That team is far better

Let gee ourselves up and get the investors drooling....we CAN do it
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #44: Jun 09, 2010 09:56:57 pm
      It's not good news but I can tell you that SG will be leaving and decided to go last summer because of a lack of investment in the squad. A former player told me that and was absolutely certain it will happen.

Torres has already said that unless there is investment in the squad he will leave... he will.

Mascherano has virtually said over the last few days that he wants to follow Rafa to Inter... or he could go to Barca where they have already said they want him. He's already said he will leave and his family don't like it here. Take it as read he only stayed because of Rafa.

Benny is going to Chelsea and has spoken about it in the press.

Birmingham are interested in Babel.

That leaves a core of good players consisting of Reina, Agger, Skirtel, Aquilani (who I think will be great), Kuyt, Lucas (better than he gets credit for), Johnson, Maxi etc.

Not bad but not top four and no genuine goalscorers.

Forget the Champions League we'll be fighting to get a Europa League place.

I met a work colleague yesterday who is a Director at a former European Cup winning team in the Championship.  Even he was telling me that LFC finances are so bad that the club had to try and prove some element of financial stability before the team would be allowed into the Europa League next year.  Apparently our financial director (who is not very convincing (surprise - surprise) ) was grilled for about 5 hours over this.......
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #45: Jun 11, 2010 01:54:08 pm
      would like to keep    reina-johnson-agger-skrtel-mascherano-gerrard-aquilani-torres

money raised from  benayoun-lucas-kuyt-babel-insua   be used to buy new players to re energise the team

Quick Reply