Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..

Read 23258 times
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..
      Reply #69: Jun 10, 2010 08:14:41 pm
      I really don't see what all the fuss is about... He got what 6 million from his pay out! 96,000 is absolutely f**k all to him!
      He didn't have to donate anything, top bloke.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #70: Jun 10, 2010 08:17:50 pm
      always be one of us Rafa... absolute legend!

Y.N.W.A
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #71: Jun 10, 2010 08:23:04 pm
      Lovely gesture Rafa :gt-happyup:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #72: Jun 10, 2010 08:23:57 pm
      What a legend, still so very sad to see him leave, forever the door will be open for you Rafa

YNWA
      LFCexiled
      Reply #73: Jun 10, 2010 08:25:04 pm
      What?? Why can't we give our opinions on here without getting slaughtered! I personally don't rate Benitez as highly as ye! He won us the Champions league but besides that, his record was worse than Houllier's who got 100 times more stick than Benitez!

As for my Gerrard comments, I really don't see what was so bad about them! Even if we had Maradona at the age of 30, I would still say 25 million would be a good price for him! Gerrard is a symbol of Liverpool, yes! But we also have Carragher, Reina and El Nino to fly the flag for us! Taking off the red tinted glasses, I can see the sense from a financial point of view, as well as a playing point of view! Look at the great modern midfielders, Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira... Once they hit their 30s, they hit a complete spiral in their careers! Do you think Arsenal fans would have wanted to sell Vieira for so cheap back in the day? No, but Wenger knew best and it was time to cash in on him! We should study the Gerrard case and take example from his predecessors of great midfield men!

Not the place fella not the place.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #74: Jun 10, 2010 08:34:09 pm
      I really don't see what all the fuss is about... He got what 6 million from his pay out! 96,000 is absolutely f**k all to him!

Insulting Rafa, insulting the 96, and insulting every decent red that has posted on this thread.
      sandwich
      • Banned

• 8 posts | -12 
      Reply #75: Jun 10, 2010 08:36:14 pm
      Are YOU SERIOUS? Where and when did I insult the 96!!!!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #76: Jun 10, 2010 08:38:08 pm
      Are YOU SERIOUS? Where and when did I insult the 96!!!!

I'd drop it now mate - no offence, but it's not the place, and you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #77: Jun 10, 2010 08:44:26 pm
      Not the place fella not the place.

Don't normally post , but 'sandwich' has made my blood boil. Rafa Benitez is a legend as far as I am concerned. The man is a gentleman through and through and a 'gentle man'. As has been said, now, is not the time!!!  :mad:
      We have not just lost a fantastic manager but an ally against the Yanks. We will live to regret their decision to get rid.
      Thankyou Rafa for truly being a part of this club. God Bless you and yours and the very , very best of luck at Inter. YNWA.  :hug:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #78: Jun 10, 2010 08:46:56 pm
      Don't normally post , but 'sandwich' has made my blood boil. Rafa Benitez is a legend as far as I am concerned. The man is a gentleman through and through and a 'gentle man'. As has been said, now, is not the time!!!  :mad:
      We have not just lost a fantastic manager but an ally against the Yanks. We will live to regret their decision to get rid.
      Thankyou Rafa for truly being a part of this club. God Bless you and yours and the very , very best of luck at Inter. YNWA.  :hug:

Welcome to the forum redangle.

sh*t will really hit the fan when we strat next season without the gaffa in charge.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #79: Jun 10, 2010 08:52:57 pm

You didn't ever post until then.  ;) But I'm glad you did because your words are spot. Well said.

Oh and sandwich got eat.  ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #80: Jun 10, 2010 08:59:37 pm
      Rafa confirmed Inter Milan manager and we may have Hodgson.

Now at the risk of dismissing Roy before he's even sat down - I can't help but feel we've gotten the worst part of a deal
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #81: Jun 10, 2010 09:03:10 pm
      Rafa confirmed Inter Milan manager and we may have Hodgson.

He'll be back - I'm sure of it after he only signed a 2 year deal at Inter.

And I would welcome him with open arms, a song in my heart and a great big grin on my face that says "welcome home Rafa" because he truly is one of us.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #82: Jun 10, 2010 09:03:38 pm
      I'm overcome with emotion with this post and close to tears ,what a man ! what a gesture ! i for one will follow and support Rafa and whatever team he looks after in the future,Rafa will always hold a part of Liverpool dear to him ,to remember the 96 and honour their memory is what Liverpool fc does and always will ,good luck Rafa and thank you .
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #83: Jun 10, 2010 09:04:55 pm
      Don't normally post , but 'sandwich' has made my blood boil. Rafa Benitez is a legend as far as I am concerned. The man is a gentleman through and through and a 'gentle man'. As has been said, now, is not the time!!!  :mad:
      Thankyou Rafa for truly being a part of this club. God Bless you and yours and the very , very best of luck at Inter. YNWA.  :hug:
      Well said and welcome to the forum.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #84: Jun 10, 2010 09:09:56 pm
      Soooooo

Woy Hodgson in on a 2 year and manages to convine Stevie and Nando to stay (only because they piss themselves every time he says Gewward) keeps us floatin in the Prem (just), the Yanks sell to a rich billionaire arabian prince and then let the Rafalution continue, in his first season back he makes it possible for a 33 year old Stevie to lift the Premier League Trophy. Everyone admits they were wron and it was the Yanks fault all along.

Anyone in?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #85: Jun 10, 2010 09:10:59 pm
      I'll have half a pound of that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #86: Jun 10, 2010 09:11:24 pm
      Well said RedAngel
      LFCexiled
      Reply #87: Jun 10, 2010 09:13:11 pm
      I'll have half a pound of that.

Fries with that or did i misunderstand?  ;)
      RedV
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #88: Jun 10, 2010 09:26:25 pm
      I am the same age as Rafa and words fail me to describe how touching his gesture is!
      I have always been debating with my son (who I turned into dedicated LFC fan, bless me :)) over some Rafa's decisions and tactics played but this is beyond any discussion as it falls into completely different cathegory!
      Rafa, amigo, deepest, deepest bow and hats off!
      YNWA and hope to see you back soon!
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #89: Jun 10, 2010 09:30:16 pm
      Rafa, I suppose I should be surprised but I'm not.

Not just an Anfield great and one of us but a gentleman too.

I want nothing more than you back in charge some day once we've discharged the yanks and the board.

Still gutted you were pushed out and I see you've got a contract for two years.

Here's to seeing you back here in charge in three.

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #90: Jun 10, 2010 09:48:22 pm
      Rafa (L)
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #91: Jun 10, 2010 09:50:11 pm
      What a man, as others have said he just gets us.

All the best Rafa, and Montse, best of luck in Italy, and I really hope one day, that you are back here, finishing the job you started.

Justice to the 96.

Quick Reply