Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.

Read 7758 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.
      Reply #46: Jun 21, 2010 12:15:18 pm
      We still have to see who takes the job, maybe Purslow is having trouble selling the club to the better qualified and someone like Pelligrino who would fit the bill and be able to hang on to someone like Torres and Gerrard.

As for Macherano the same Mascherano who said his wife would only be happy in Spain and Barcelona, the same Mascherano who kept kissing the badge on both occasions he scored the same Mascherano who signed a five year deal and now it's down to two years he has the club over a barrel, yes Mascha we still remember all the good times why don't you.

I think if he wants out he should be given his wish but at the same time it shouldn't be on his terms, we have a ready made replacement in Lucas who for me was one who can hold his head high for never giving in to the ordinary, Lucas just may turn into as good a player as Masch in the same position, Lucas came on loads last season and he may turn out to be a good buy at six mill.

This year Lucas will be 24 and still learning the only thing that worries me is a new guy may want to change to much and get rid of someone Like Lucas because a lot of fans are indifferent to him, whoever the new guy is he has a wealth of talent here I just hope he don't bugger it all up.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Jun 21, 2010 12:56:40 pm
      Absolutely gutted by this, isn't it F***ing awful when we are looking to off load one of our best players, I wonder where that 30 million will go. RBS have no worries this year about there interest repayments. Didn't they say this week the club will be sold before there is a detoriaration why didn't they change that to when there is no more big players to sell to pay interest repayments then we might get them to sell.

Anyone that thinks Lucas can replace Masch also needs there head examined, the pro Lucas camp last year were defending his numerous awful performances with lines like he is not a defensive midfielder he is being played out of position he is an attacking midfielder.

Our 2 worst performances last season in my opinion when he played that role against Wigan and Fiorentina. Both games our midfield was completely bypassed because we were missing Masch.

If we don't buy to replace Masch our midfield will be pissed all over next season. But Don't think there is going to be 2 managers in a row blind to Lucas limited ability.

I think I'll not go and get my head examined just yet I see Lucas as a natural replacement for Mascherano why are so many against Lucas it's like watching the same blog repeated over and over it gets tiresome, what if Lucas was English born do you think you would then say the same, I don't think you would Lucas would be held up as future England international, I believe it as fact, we have no English player of his age with his quality on the ball, none. What we have which of yet has only been seen in glimpses by Lucas is passing the ball faster to the forwards there were signs of it last season and he is still only 23, so from that perspective he still has a little way to go but he his improving every season, it's when he stops improving is when we will know how far he can go.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Jun 21, 2010 08:01:24 pm
      Because when Lucas was playing sh*te last year there was people on here saying he was not a defensive midfielder he was an attacking midfielder and was being held back by Rafa. Giving this excuse for his very mediocre performances.

Lucas is a very average player Masch is World class and is captain of a team that will go a long way in the World Cup. Come on people aren't that blind that they think Lucas can replace Masch. I think he is as poor a midfielder as has been a regular at the club in the last 10 years.

It is also boring Bartman watching the same people defend the average mediocre performances from him and saying he is only 23 going on 24. I've a funny feeling we will be still listening to the same sh*t when he is 28 oh you wait and see he is coming into his peak now. Hopefully by then though we will have been sold and Lucas will only be a distant memory.   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: Jun 21, 2010 08:10:29 pm
      Thing is corbally, I think the real difference between Masch and Lucas is, Mascherano wants out.

I don't think Lucas is good enough either mate but I don't want players here who don't want to play for the reds.

So 'Liverpool wanting to offload Mascherano' is sh*t, but then the player isn't kicking and screaming wanting to stay.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: Jun 21, 2010 08:18:20 pm
      I agree Redkenny but neither is our captain or star striker coming out and saying that. That is why I don't personally think the sale of the club is imminent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #51: Jun 21, 2010 08:19:10 pm
      If and it looks like it's inevitable, that he is going to Italy, slap another 10 million pounds on the price tag because he can now speak the language.
      ;D

Amidst the weight of misery - that made me smile.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #52: Jun 21, 2010 08:23:03 pm
      May I say I don't think Lucas plays to his full potential when he's lined up with Masch? I reckon without Masch he'd be a shining light in the center of the park.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jun 21, 2010 08:27:24 pm
      I think he has been awful in matches without Masch with Fiorentina and Wigan away particularly sticking in my mind with the Fiorentina away performance in particular being the worst I've seen from a Liverpool midfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #54: Jun 21, 2010 08:55:26 pm
      The way this topic has gone off at a detour amuses me greatly.

The suggestion arises that Hicks and Gillett are now dictating transfer policy and footballing decisions and within two pages we've reverted back to bashing Lucas.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #55: Jun 21, 2010 08:57:08 pm
      Bloody Lucas.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Jun 21, 2010 08:58:57 pm
      Thats probably JD because people are suggesting the lad is good enough to replace Masch which is laughable but I agree it is the wrong thread to be discussing this.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #57: Jun 21, 2010 09:45:30 pm
      I seem to recall Benitez valued Mascherano at what was it £55 Million when Barca came sniffing, i think we should hold him to his word.
      I'm as much against him fleecing the club as anyone else.
      True Lucas is nowhere near as good as Masch, but he was the most improved player at the club last season, and could well prove his critics wrong his year
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #58: Jun 21, 2010 10:19:02 pm
      If Masch wants out then F***ing get rid of him and give him, his wife and his agent the wish they want. F***ing sick and tired of players constantly making noises about wanting to go, nobody is holding a gun to your head - just go.

The club is bigger than anyone player and will remain to be so. Players much, much better than Mascherano have left and we've survived. Sometimes even improved.

So if he wants out, then the club is only right to want to get rid of him. My problem is that's not the reason the yanks are looking to sell him, they're looking to sell him for their own F***ing interest rates on their loans. And that sort of reasoning behind selling players is gonna become all too common and all too clear over the coming months.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #59: Jun 21, 2010 10:31:10 pm
      When a player moans that he's not happy at Liverpool the only debate should be the price we flog him for.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #60: Jun 21, 2010 10:34:00 pm
      Agreed!

You cant have someone wearing the shirt if his heart is not in it.
      Just a shame the new manager wont see a penny, so in that case- does it really matter how much he goes for?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 21, 2010 10:48:33 pm
      Masch was a goner since many months ago. When a player refuses to sign a contract extension and comes out with this "I-will-wait-until-the-summer-is-over-and-decide-my-future-then" sentence, he's already planning to go.
      Adios Masch!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #62: Jun 22, 2010 12:54:56 am
      Masch was a goner since many months ago. When a player refuses to sign a contract extension and comes out with this "I-will-wait-until-the-summer-is-over-and-decide-my-future-then" sentence, he's already planning to go.
      Or maybe he was waiting to see what happened with his manager?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #63: Jun 22, 2010 11:04:44 am
      I think when you move to another country where you (or your wife find ;) it hard to settle, then you have to do whats best for yourself. I'd love him to stay but at least he isn't moving to one of our rivals, unlike Yossi!!!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 22, 2010 11:10:13 am
      Adios Masch!

Didn't Stevie say th same thing? i.e. "I-will-wait-until-the-summer-is-over-and-decide-my-future-then" ? I hope the same thing doesn't apply to Stevie!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #65: Jun 22, 2010 12:25:27 pm
      The way this topic has gone off at a detour amuses me greatly.

The suggestion arises that Hicks and Gillett are now dictating transfer policy and footballing decisions and within two pages we've reverted back to bashing Lucas.

I love the fact, people still think we'll have money to spend on transfers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Jun 22, 2010 12:32:20 pm
      I love the fact, people still think we'll have money to spend on transfers.

And for that reason we have to keep him. I don't want him to go.

We can't be flogging off world class players because none are going to be walking in. He's a part of the spine and one of the leaders - we need him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Jun 22, 2010 04:39:17 pm
      And for that reason we have to keep him. I don't want him to go.

We can't be flogging off world class players because none are going to be walking in. He's a part of the spine and one of the leaders - we need him.

But the owners need the money more - they couldn't care less if the team him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #68: Jun 22, 2010 04:47:33 pm
      Which is the saddest truth Debs.

Quick Reply