Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.

Read 7756 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.
      Jun 20, 2010 09:10:01 am
      Javier Mascherano's agent says Liverpool want to sell the midfielder to Inter Milan.

The Argentina captain is set to follow former manager Rafa Benitez with preliminary talks already arranged but the Anfield club may dispute they are willing sellers.

The 25-year-old is still a crowd favourite at Anfield even though he has put off contract talks but Liverpool need to raise cash to provide their new manager with any chance of competing in the transfer window - and persuading other stars to stay.

Liverpool would want close to £30m for Mascherano and his agent Marco Piccioli said: 'Look, I can tell you that there is a desire from Liverpool to negotiate the player's sale and the player is ready to join Inter and work with Benitez again.

'It's true that I have spoken to Inter's Marco Branca over the phone and we have agreed to meet up to discuss the situation.'

Piccioli's comments come as Real Madrid take stock of their bid for Steven Gerrard.

Real believe he is over priced at £25m and are considering switching attentions to Roma's Daniele de Rossi. However, scouts still came back with impressive reports on Gerrard following his performance for England last week.

Mascherano, in remarks reported by the Daily Star, said: 'Me to Inter? Ask Benitez. He is the one who knows more.  

'Rafa is my teacher. I learned so much from him since I came to play in Europe.  

'I am learning Italian, but I don't know anything about Inter. Does Benitez want me? You should ask him as he would know more than me.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287744/Javier-Mascheranos-agent-claims-Liverpool-want-offload-Argentine-Inter-Milan.html#ixzz0rNITvaN8

Looks like goodbye Masch then!!!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010 01:25:19 pm by JD »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.
      Reply #1: Jun 20, 2010 09:16:06 am
      Daily Mail?
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #2: Jun 20, 2010 09:18:34 am
      If Benitez is not looking to destroy the club that he spent 6 years with he should buy his gem Aquilani not our best midfielder. He said he wants the guy for 5 f*cking years so he should keep his word and buy it. If he doesn't do it, then he's a f*cking liar!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jun 20, 2010 09:20:50 am
      I'm not at all surprised that the Yanks with their new found control want to cash in on him.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4: Jun 20, 2010 09:25:59 am
      It's all over the net mate!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2010 09:31:18 am
      :laugh: I hear ya.

Well, Mascherano has always been wanting to leave. I am not sure if Rafa wants to sign him. Rafa surely would love a player of Mascherano's quality in his team but at the same time, I doubt he wants to take most of our best players from his previous club because he doesn't want us to become weaker and go backwards faster.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2010 09:34:05 am
      If Benitez is not looking to destroy the club that he spent 6 years with he should buy his gem Aquilani not our best midfielder. He said he wants the guy for 5 f*cking years so he should keep his word and buy it. If he doesn't do it, then he's a f*cking liar!

That's just F***ing stupid.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2010 09:34:45 am
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2010 09:39:32 am
      Didn't see that! Still, deserves its own thread i think ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2010 09:42:55 am

^ ^ ^ I see it's "Computers Day" at the home today: but they do need a wee break from all that basket weaving and knitting buckets.  Up next - a trip to a shopping centre.... ;D

Didn't see that! Still, deserves its own thread i think ;)

No baw OR.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2010 10:58:03 am
      I think it's worthy of it's own thread, on the basis that our own board, although they'll try to deny it, seem to be more than happy to let one of our key players leave as long as it's for a tidy sum.   

A sign of the direction our club is heading under these current owners? It's going to be a long and hard summer, I think. :-\
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #11: Jun 20, 2010 12:32:47 pm
      Regardless of reporting sources, the as designed format of these things usually commences once the player has been quoted as non committal or expressing desire to go. As far as I was always concerned, Mascherano was going this summer; constant moaning about Barcelona, his family's unwillingness to learn English or move to Liverpool etc etc

Goodbye and good riddance, for all his greatness we won god knows how many trophies when Didi played that position and a big fat zero under Masch's tenure. The new boss will have some funds at least to spend...
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #12: Jun 20, 2010 12:34:51 pm

Thank you for this nice and surely useful analysis
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Jun 20, 2010 01:24:51 pm

Rafa is obviously going to be interested in some of our players as he must rate them as he brought them here in the first place.

You were one of the crowd wanting Rafa out, you've got your wish now take the repercussions of his dismissal on the chin as its what you wanted.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #14: Jun 20, 2010 01:43:24 pm
      Gutted if he goes,
      Would like at least £35m for him, but don't they have Cambiasso? :P
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15: Jun 20, 2010 02:17:55 pm
      Tbh, I've always thought that Mash will leave this summer regardless of Rafa so this doesn't shock me
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Jun 20, 2010 02:31:20 pm
      Unbelievable Liverpool would want that.

Just shows what kind of fuckwits we have at the top. Money greedy cu*ts!!! No integrity, no morals and no money!!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Jun 20, 2010 02:36:02 pm
      Let him go, Lucas can fill his boots I reckon, or get in a cheap replacement in, then a new left back and left winger.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #18: Jun 20, 2010 02:46:28 pm
      Lucas can just about fill his own boots!

Wouldnt be surprised if he left- but would still be upset, i regard Mascherano as one of our best players, aggressive & always makes an effort when he is on the pitch.

But as Carra said- Anyone who wants to go- then go!

Sooner rather than later so we can replace or at least get used to the idea!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #19: Jun 20, 2010 02:53:07 pm
      Never really developed the weaker parts of his game - ie passing and shooting. So to get a hefty price for him is good. He's brilliant at what he does, but he could be better.

Just a shame the new manager probably won't see a penny of the transfer fee.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20: Jun 20, 2010 03:47:16 pm
      Tbh, I've always thought that Mash will leave this summer regardless of Rafa so this doesn't shock me

This.

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #21: Jun 20, 2010 03:55:28 pm
      He can't be stopped from leaving,he has his mind set on it.Let's just hope we get a good price enough for him which can be used to buy his replacement as well as get a new LB.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Jun 20, 2010 04:35:02 pm
      Replace him with De Rossi.

Quick Reply