Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Ricardo Quaresma (Internazionale -> Chelsea [Loan])

Read 37871 times
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Re: Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto)
      Reply #230: Jun 12, 2008 09:51:56 pm
      He gave us alot of problems when we 1st played them last season and drew 1-1

The key to that quote is 'I would be gutted if we signed any Portuguese player.' Lets just say I'm heavily biased and leave it at that.;D

Despite all the skill I couldn't root for a team with Cristiano Ronaldo, or anyone that child like. There's more to being a red than skill is there not?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #231: Jun 12, 2008 09:52:47 pm
      There's more to being a red than skill is their not?

Far  more
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #232: Jun 12, 2008 10:18:19 pm
      I would be gutted if we signed any Portuguese player. I really don't want to see that diving and dancing selfish bullshit in red.

Thing about you-tube is, it's all highlights, I would hope he, or any pro player, has 2-5 minutes of spectacular football in his whole career....

I agree and to be  honest I would sooner go after Bentley.

Not at all a big fan of Quaresma. Just comes across as moaning child who thinks himself better than the rest.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #233: Jun 12, 2008 11:00:39 pm
      http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/footballnews/View.php?ArticleID=725

Liverpool and Inter Milan to fight it out for Quaresma's signature?

Internet message rooms are abuzz with talk that Porto’s Ricardo Quaresma is finally on his way. The former Barcelona player has been persistently linked with a move away from the Dragao Stadium, with Liverpool and Inter the most likely destinations.

Interestingly the player himself claims he has already agreed terms with a club but has refused to name that side until after Euro 2008 where he is currently playing for Portugal. However, given the pace with which news travels in this age and the lack of secrecy surrounding the supposedly secret deal to take Scolari to Chelsea as their new manager, such a claim seems unlikely.

Nevertheless the fact that the Porto winger is on the move this summer is more certain. After several excellent seasons with the Portuguese team, with whom he won the Superliga yet again, the player is believed to be ready for a new challenge and would welcome a move abroad.

Liverpool were believed to close to signing Quaresma last summer with fees being suggested in the £20 million mark but in the end Benitez went for the cheaper Yossi Benayoun preferring to spend higher fees on other high profile targets such as Torres and Babel.

With reports that Liverpool are preparing to move Benayoun on after an inconsistent season at Anfield a new right winger will be needed as Jermaine Pennant also seems to have disregarded. The arrival of Philip Degen at Liverpool for the right back slot plus the potential arrival of Quaresma would see the whole of Liverpool’s right side remodelled in time for the start of next season.

However, given the uncertainty over the Liverpool board situation at the moment it is hard to know who would exactly sanction the spending of such a sum likely needed to snare the player, and this may let in another potential suitors, most notably Italian giants Inter.

Inter Milan will now be linked with many players after the arrival of Jose Mourinho at the club. However, Inter are believed to have a long standing interest in the player with chairman Moratti most interested in the player after he caught his eye in a friendly some 3 months ago which the Inter supremo attended.

An outstanding performance that night left Italian media humming with the prospect that Inter would sign the player. Inter are hunting desperately for a new right winger following the retirement of Luis Figo and Quaresma would certainly fit the bill. Mourinho, although never having coached Quaresma at Porto, is familiar with the player and would jump at the chance of signing him from under the noses of Liverpool.

Quaresma was also linked with Arsenal and Chelsea but a move to London seems unlikely now. Arsenal probably don’t have the sort of finances required to make a move for the player whilst Quarema and Scolari have never seen eye to eye at national level so a move to Chelsea is now totally out of the question.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #234: Jun 13, 2008 01:14:09 am
      Dis man is amazing. ive seen him play loads and he could be better than ronaldo. he's a skillful superstar. pls rafa sign him up he wants to leave porto aswell
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #235: Jun 13, 2008 01:30:30 am
      He's already joined someone, looks most likely to be Inter would be delighted if it was us though.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #236: Jun 13, 2008 02:23:42 am
      He's already joined someone, looks most likely to be Inter would be delighted if it was us though.

Source?  I heard a rumour on the street that the LFC store had requested a massive order for Number 7's for the back of shirts.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #237: Jun 13, 2008 02:32:19 am
      Source?  I heard a rumour on the street that the LFC store had requested a massive order for Number 7's for the back of shirts.

I guess there will be high demand for #7 shirts with Milner on the back of them :P
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #238: Jun 13, 2008 03:25:21 am
      I guess there will be high demand for #7 shirts with Milner on the back of them :P

DO NOT even go there man.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #239: Jun 13, 2008 05:11:48 am
      I doubt its us. Just cant see him and Rafa getting along and after Ricardo makes one bad move (dummy spit and play by his own rules) Rafa wont tolerate it and he'll be off or on the bench.  Plus didnt Inter get a whole lot of dosh to spend and Moany was after him for Chelsea? Just wondering.
      LPJD
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -2 
      Reply #240: Jun 13, 2008 11:23:50 am
      Hes gone to Inter
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #241: Jun 13, 2008 11:27:50 am

Source/link...?
      LPJD
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -2 
      Reply #242: Jun 13, 2008 11:52:18 am

Oh sorry mis-read the headlines... but it seems that hes going there

Sorry for rushing my post
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #243: Jun 13, 2008 12:01:51 pm
      I read this morning Scolari is trying to get him to Chelsea when he arrives. But I suppose a move to Mourinho's new Inter would be feasible.

Not bothered too much by this, we were never going to be able to buy him for the prices being touted, and there's better solutions to our winger problems for less money anyway.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #244: Jun 13, 2008 02:23:31 pm

Oh sorry mis-read the headlines... but it seems that hes going there

Sorry for rushing my post

Don't have to apologise to me mate, I'm not a mod!  ;)  :D I was just wondering where you got the info.
      LPJD
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -2 
      Reply #245: Jun 14, 2008 05:29:27 am
      He has already signed for someone and inter are favourites

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=733575

hope its us, but doubt it..
      JonBassett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -4 
      Reply #246: Jun 19, 2008 11:43:19 pm
      I don't see Chelsea wanting him as he can't even get into the portugal team. wouldn't make sense for Scolari to get him!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #247: Jun 19, 2008 11:47:50 pm
      I don't see Chelsea wanting him as he can't even get into the portugal team. wouldn't make sense for Scolari to get him!

He probably couldn't prize the two main wingers from their clubs though (Ronaldo and Simao).
      Rina15
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #248: Jun 20, 2008 01:42:21 pm
      I read this morning Scolari is trying to get him to Chelsea when he arrives. But I suppose a move to Mourinho's new Inter would be feasible.

Not bothered too much by this, we were never going to be able to buy him for the prices being touted, and there's better solutions to our winger problems for less money anyway.

I'm starting to hate Scolari only because he's trying to get Torres and now Quaresma and Villa ...... I was happy to see his face when Portugal lost to Germany ;D

Anyhow, Quaresma is a great winger, I think he'd be a great buy :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #249: Jun 20, 2008 10:03:32 pm
      Mourinho was in Brazil to watch the World Cup qualifier between Brazil and Argentina. after the game he was interviewed. when asked about his targets for Inter, he admited he likes to play with wingers so they are looking for players like this, since Inter don't have many. he said the names of Mancini and Quaresma.

considering the fact Quaresma is only 4th choice for Scolari in Portugal's wings (vs Germany, for example, he put in Nani instead of Quaresma, and he always plays Simão as a starter), I'm already thinking of him as a Inter player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #250: Jun 21, 2008 12:36:06 am
      I very much doubt its us hes signed for if we are being linked with a move David Silva
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #251: Jun 21, 2008 02:33:17 am
      I very much doubt its us hes signed for if we are being linked with a move David Silva
      True King Kenny much rather Silva anyway
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #252: Jun 21, 2008 03:12:04 am
      Seriously whats all the rave about this guy? There are better wingers in the game with a far better of array of skills and a much better "team first" attitude. I just couldn't see this guy moulding into the team well. Plus I don't think his attitude is exactly the type that Rafa likes in his team.
      But hey, that's just my personal opinion of the guy.

Quick Reply