Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Germany 4-1 England (Last 16) 27th June 3pm

Read 25170 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Germany 4-1 England (Last 16) 27th June 3pm
      Reply #299: Jun 27, 2010 07:19:58 pm
      BREAKING NEWS!!!!
      FIFA AGREE FOR GOALMOUTH TECHNOLOGY

Fifa have agreed to use Goalmouth technology straight away...

After today's Fiasco. Fifa will use 21st Century Technology so that Goals that are missed can be given. The up to date machinery is cheap and 100% effective.

LinkFifa.com/Goalmouth_Tech
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #300: Jun 27, 2010 07:21:02 pm
      Awful stuff from England, I said it yesterday Upson is always good for an error, that first goal was shambolic defending. He is never international quality. Have to say the English players are over rated and overpaid.

How the F**k is Rooney one of the best players in the world. He scores goals in the Premiership against teams that role over when they go to Old Trafford.

He is not in the top 20 players in world football. Look on the bright side it means Hodgson may end up the England manager yet.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #301: Jun 27, 2010 07:32:28 pm
      Upson shouldn't have started.

Even though he scored the only goal.

As for Defoe, Rooney, Heskey et al.  Not impressed with any of them.

Steven Gerrard - I thought he was sh*t and his legs had gone for Liverpool (in the hope of saving it for England). As it turned out I just think his legs are gone.

All in all from defence to attack they were all terrible. Gareth Barry has absolutely nothing to offer whatsoever. Nothing.

The media hyped England up but I'm fairly sure most of us on here, and being on a Liverpool forum does help your analysis of this, knew they had very very little chance.

Overall - totally poor, totally disappointing, and if Sky start muttering about World Class players again then we all know full well they are wrong.

The case for cashing in on Gerrard, I think, has never been so strong.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #302: Jun 27, 2010 07:32:38 pm
      BREAKING NEWS!!!!

After today's Fiasco. Fifa will use 21st Century Technology so that Goals that are missed can be given. The up to date machinery is cheap and 100% effective.

Nice try, but that is some horrendous grammar.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #303: Jun 27, 2010 07:34:21 pm
      Everyone played sh*t, Johnson was actually appalling for 90 minutes, Steven had quite a stinker but did more than some others, Terry was caught too high up the pitch too often, Barry lost possession too much and Rooney was crap.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #304: Jun 27, 2010 07:37:52 pm
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #305: Jun 27, 2010 07:41:04 pm
      I just took the dog for a walk and he did a massive pooh, and I have been thinking about England's performance from then onwards!!! :-[
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #306: Jun 27, 2010 07:50:33 pm
      BREAKING NEWS!!!!

:lmao:
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #307: Jun 27, 2010 08:01:04 pm
      I try to defend Johnson but he was along with Upson vying for worst player of the match. He was appalling.

But these refs and assistants are only doing that job because they desperately crave authority after probably being abandoned as children.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #308: Jun 27, 2010 08:05:05 pm
      Upson shouldn't have started.

Even though he scored the only goal.

As for Defoe, Rooney, Heskey et al.  Not impressed with any of them.

Steven Gerrard - I thought he was sh*t and his legs had gone for Liverpool (in the hope of saving it for England). As it turned out I just think his legs are gone.

All in all from defence to attack they were all terrible. Gareth Barry has absolutely nothing to offer whatsoever. Nothing.

The media hyped England up but I'm fairly sure most of us on here, and being on a Liverpool forum does help your analysis of this, knew they had very very little chance.

Overall - totally poor, totally disappointing, and if Sky start muttering about World Class players again then we all know full well they are wrong.

The case for cashing in on Gerrard, I think, has never been so strong.

Sky. They have the f**king cheek to talk about the failings of the England team when their money supports the very reason why they fail. The Premier League - run by that inbred tw*t Scudamore. I'm glad in a way that SSN is getting taken off freeview so I don't have to watch the contradicting dickheads creaming over their team Manchester United. And never will I have to watch the ultimate retarded pairing of Paul Merson and Matt Le Tissier laughing at Liverpool on Soccer Saturday like a couple of clowns with learning difficulties. Good riddance!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #309: Jun 27, 2010 08:10:02 pm
      Let's just get this straight.

If the media hound out Capello, like they have done every other English manager, then they will F**k England up for another 50 years just like getting rid of Rafa has fu**ed Liverpool up.

I don't know what is wrong with English people.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #310: Jun 27, 2010 08:10:50 pm
      And that was exactly what I was saying before. What little chance England had was getting into the box from the flanks and their only goal came from a cross.

And please, please, please let this be the final time people rate the English. They've been sh*te against some of the worst teams in the world cup in their group stages and showed very brief instances of quality. Somehow that equates to England being a good team. They are sh*te.

I said their fullbacks were second best and Germany tore Johnson and Cole apart. Neuer was outstanding while James was scratchy. Germanys midfield was dominant and superb while England were atrocious. Rooney and Defoe? Germany wouldn't pick them in their first team.

Just so one sided you felt sorry for England and I said Gerrard was the shining light in the England team and he was again. Full of drive and lacked support for his brilliance.

England out when they deserved it. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #311: Jun 27, 2010 08:11:05 pm
      Is it me or was Capello coming across very arrogant in the interview?
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #312: Jun 27, 2010 08:11:50 pm
      Let's just get this straight.

If the media hound out Capello, like they have done every other English manager, then they will f**k England up for another 50 years just like getting rid of Rafa has fu**ed Liverpool up.

I don't know what is wrong with English people.

I'd take Capello at us.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #313: Jun 27, 2010 08:15:31 pm
      I hate the press..

There kunts

Ruin the beautiful game.

Capello is a top manager and if he doesn't do well on his first time then its over? Great...

Like rafa one bad season, oh wait hes gone. Piss off
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #314: Jun 27, 2010 08:18:05 pm
      Is it me or was Capello coming across very arrogant in the interview?

Or Italian?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #315: Jun 27, 2010 08:18:09 pm
      England's problem was that too many of the players thought they had already made it.

Your Gerrard's, Terry's, Rooney's.

They all think they are far better than they actually are. 

England have four years now to start bringing some future hungry talent along.

Anyway Jamie... was it worth coming back out of retirement.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #316: Jun 27, 2010 08:21:42 pm
      England have too many big names.

You need a team built up of two or three star players.

I'd rather see a bunch of nobodys who play there heart out than some big time toss pots.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #317: Jun 27, 2010 08:21:51 pm
      It would be F***ing hilarious if Capello loses his job.

England won't find anyone better for the job in my honest opinion. He deserves Euro 2012 at least.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #318: Jun 27, 2010 08:26:51 pm
      This was a great game to watch, though ofcourse I perferred England to win. Unbelievable the goal didn't count, can't believe FIFA's ignorance when it comes to the use of technology to aid with refereeing. It's time some prominent managers and players take a stand on this matter.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #319: Jun 27, 2010 08:28:12 pm
      I tell you why I don't rate Capello for England. He uses the wrong players in the wrong positions.

Heskey should be in league one but is at the World Cup, Joe Cole is in the bench, Gerrard is on the left or right most of the time but just stays in the centre anyways which crowds the middle of the park, Barry is not a holding midfielder, Hart should be the keeper and Carragher should be first choice.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #320: Jun 27, 2010 08:38:45 pm
       I think that the inclusion of "Professional" players in national tournaments has brought sports down. World Cup, Olympics etc..It used to be that the teams were made up of young, emerging talents that had everything to play for. They had to play great in order to get a bit of recognition and make a career out of it. Now their really is no hard incentive. Granted winning the World Cup is great. But if you compare it to guys who make millions regardless of their play where is the Incentive to give it your all.

The last time a team of nobodies won a major sporting event was 1980 when the US hockey team, which was all college kids beat Russia.  Since then the inclusion of professional players in these world competitions has watered down the play.

It used to be that after these losses you would see players cry because they were so devastated after losing. But that doesn't happen anymore.I'm tired of seeing millionaires playing matches that mean nothing to them.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #321: Jun 27, 2010 08:40:54 pm
      Carragher could'nt of played, right?  I thought he got a 2nd yellow card against Slovakia and had to sit.

Quick Reply