Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Rafa = Rat?

Read 1560 times
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger
      • Started Topic

• 198 posts | -8 
      Rafa = Rat?
      Jul 06, 2010 01:09:31 pm
      For the past few days I have seen many people refer to Yossi as a rat who jumped out of a flying ship. At least we got 5 million for him.

Rafa was paid 6 million and he was gone.

(1) Rafa could have said no and just carried on the fight but he didn't.

(2) The supporters of the club placed so much hope in Rafa but he left us in the lurch.

My question is this, why is Rafa still label as a hero while if people like Yossi leaves there are labeled as traitors? No offended intended.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Re: Rafa = Rat?
      Reply #1: Jul 06, 2010 01:12:50 pm
      This really isn't worth a thread, making up rubbish!
      Rafa didn't leave us in the lurch, he battled long and hard, he could have taken the full 16million that was due to him! You cannot compare Rafa to Yossi, rather try compare apples with apples instead pal!
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafa = Gentleman.
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2010 01:16:15 pm

Rafa was paid 6 million and he was gone.

You missed the part where Rafa's position was made untenable and he took 6 million then went about donating much of his pay off to various charities in and around Liverpool.

Yep your correct Rafa is a right old sh*t house.ow does Purslow's cock cheddar taste ?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2010 01:17:58 pm
      Ridiculous topic

Locked.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2010 01:21:15 pm
      I'd just like to add if I could please.  

Rafa's been fighting against the owners for a long time. When his position became untenable and they wanted to pay him off, it was pretty clear that there was no point him staying here as they weren't going to back him.

If anything, Rafa did us a favour taking the reported £6m as he was entitled to a lot more. And as RLB put it, this was distributed between a number of charities in Liverpool.  

And I wouldn't say Yossi is a rat. But the first rumour of a move and he basically stated that "I'm all yours." Hardly any fight in him to stay here. Best of luck to him keeping Stamford Bench warm.

Thanks. Topic locked.  

Quick Reply