Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club

Read 8150 times
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Re: Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club
      Reply #23: Jul 25, 2010 05:07:09 pm
      What do you want him to do, eh?. F**k me, the man has only been here 25 days!. He has come into a clusterfuck of a Club going through a tremendous amount of turmoil and in-fighting. He is trying his hardest to keep the players he wants here. Can Roy stop Purslow selling players?, no he can't. If any other manager was here instead, could they stop Purslow selling players?, no they couldn't.

Roy is making the best of a bad situation here, he is still finding his feet. And at the same time he is trying to sort out the mess that was left behind last season, I'll tell you what, why don't we stick a broom up his arse so he can sweep the paths around Melwood while he's training the lads and building team morale?.

Back to the point, jake15919, what do you expect Roy to do?. I look forward to your reply sir.

I expect Roy to start giving the impression that he's in charge.

All he has done in the press so far is repeatedly give out the answers 'oh I don't know.', 'Ask Mr Perslow', I haven't spoken to anyone yet.' etc etc etc. I fully realize the situation at the club and the conditions that Hodgson is working under, but he should be hammering on Perslow's door demanding answers, and a proper briefing, before he appears before the press.

The press by the way are lapping up his weakness. A large section of the press are happy to portray us as a club in crisis not because of our owners but because we finished 7th and all our players want to leave and Hodgson is powerless.

If you think this is acceptable from a Liverpool manager I respect your right to your opinion but I have to disagree with you.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #24: Jul 25, 2010 05:13:27 pm
      We might be doing decent business on the transfer market untill now, especially considering our current situation, but the truth is we're still selling for more than we're spending, we're certainly not investing money into new players. In the long run we'll go downhill this way, and Torres knows it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #25: Jul 25, 2010 05:14:08 pm
      I expect Roy to start giving the impression that he's in charge.

All he has done in the press so far is repeatedly give out the answers 'oh I don't know.', 'Ask Mr Perslow', I haven't spoken to anyone yet.' etc etc etc. I fully realize the situation at the club and the conditions that Hodgson is working under, but he should be hammering on Perslow's door demanding answers, and a proper briefing, before he appears before the press.

The press by the way are lapping up his weakness. A large section of the press are happy to portray us as a club in crisis not because of our owners but because we finished 7th and all our players want to leave and Hodgson is powerless.

If you think this is acceptable from a Liverpool manager I respect your right to your opinion but I have to disagree with you.

All he has done is play it safe mate. I respect your opinion too mate. My take on it is this. Roy will spend the first season here working out the ins and outs and who he can and can't trust. He is giving answers in interviews about not knowing things because he genuinely doesn't know. Roy is playing a very clever game here at the moment. He is deflecting all financial questions, whether that be the buying or selling of players, towards Purslow. And to be honest, how can anyone expect Roy to answer questions he doesn't have the answers to?.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Jul 25, 2010 05:16:29 pm
      What does beef mean apart from cow meat ???
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Jul 25, 2010 05:20:40 pm

It means to have a problem/issues with mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Jul 25, 2010 05:27:59 pm

This ^ ^ ^......it also means cock as in: I hear Purslime's fond of the beef.  ;D
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 25, 2010 05:43:27 pm
      Pusslime has probably told Torres that there is no chance of even a single major star signing this season let alone the 3 or 4 that Torres wanted the club to sign a few months ago. Doubt that he has been trying real hard to persuade Torres to stay. The sly c**t on the behest of our 2 leeches owners will be very glad to take this golden opportunity to offload Torres to line their pockets. Remember our club still "owe" these 2 scumbags 140 millions pounds at a annually compounded interest rate of 10%. Do you guys think THicks give a sh*t about what the fans want? Just look at what he did to his own hometown teams , i.e. the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #30: Jul 25, 2010 06:05:25 pm
      When are the rest world cup guys supposed to be back for training?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Jul 25, 2010 06:06:32 pm
      Thanks sweet.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #32: Jul 25, 2010 06:27:58 pm
      If the beef is referring to the owners.....pretty sure we all have the same beef.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 25, 2010 06:29:33 pm
      The cu*ts are engineering Torres' move by telling a lie that Torres has issue with the club.
      I meant, after celebrating Spain's WC victory with a Liverpool scarf around his neck?
      Poor lie, very poor a lie.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #34: Jul 25, 2010 06:43:17 pm
      F***ing hell, you lot with your conspiracy theories are hilarious.

The fact is, Torres doesn't like how the owners work, how they've pissed us off, let Rafa go, so he's understandably reconsidering his future.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #35: Jul 25, 2010 06:48:25 pm
      How many times do we have to say the N*TW & The S*n lie about sources & quotes.  They print this garbage because they know it'll rile us.  It's childish on their behalf, but that seems to be the way the papers work nowadays, especially red tops.

Whatever.

If it isnt on the official site- its bullshit
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2010 06:49:50 pm
      We all know that Torres did not come to Anfield to see this. We know what he's said and what he wants. Unsurprisingly, it's also exactly what we've said and what we want.

He's really unhappy with the uncertainties surrounding the club's future.

We just have to hope that the article is bollocks (which it may be because of the source but it's starting to appear in various sites) and the Kop scarf around Nando's next with the World Cup trophy actually meant something.

He's been pretty quiet about his future. That's in both ways, good and bad. Whatever it is, what happens happen but I do hope he'll be with us for many seasons.

Aside from that, I honestly think if he were to leave, he would only go back to Spain - Barcelona or Atletico Madrid.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2010 06:54:15 pm
      I want my manager to be the manager I want him when he is coming into the club he will have an agreement in place that he will have the final say in who comes or goes, Roy obviously doesn't, as he said himself he is just the coach.

But can you imagine what would be said if players were sold or brought in without the say so of Wenger Ferguson, Ancelotti or even Redknapp. And then he gives a bizaare interview fueling speculation that Torres may leave saying it is nothing to do with me and I don't know what is going on with him you'd have to ask Purslow about that.

F**k me have any of ye ever heard Ferguson, Wenger or Ancelotti make comments like that. That is why I'm disappointed at the moment with the situation very suprised there is people wondering why there is questions being currently asked about Roys input.
      DeCo26
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2010 07:07:44 pm
      I want my manager to be the manager I want him when he is coming into the club he will have an agreement in place that he will have the final say in who comes or goes, Roy obviously doesn't, as he said himself he is just the coach.

I agree. That's why the position is called 'manager'. Otherwise it would be 'coach'. I understand that it is VERY early in his tenure, but first impressions say a lot. If he is not going to put his foot down and have the two idiots behind their desks making all the decisions, Torres is right. He, along with everyone else won't have much of a future in Liverpool. I have faith in Roy, I think he has been a good manager in history, but he needs to start doing more to keep the squad together and competitive for obtaining a title.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2010 07:11:09 pm
      I bet my pension that the "beef" he has with the club is the sacking of Rafa.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2010 07:13:09 pm
      If that is the case Eem can you really see the man that made the decision Purslow being able to make him stay.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2010 07:19:31 pm
      NoTW has a history of misquoting people.. You guys at least the older ones should know better :P

I think the speculations regarding Torres can Rest In Peace. Its all rubbish. First of all, even if he wants to go, we won't let him go for cheap. How many clubs can match the asking price? Only 3 or may be 4 at max. And he is definitely not stupid enough to join City. That leaves only Chelsea and Real. One that he won't join and one that has tried and failed and is no longer interested.
      And then the biggest thing, that pic following the WC. I don't think one should be asking again which club he wants to play for after seeing that. Whatever going around in the media is just to spice up the things. And they would continue to do so till 31 August.

I have no doubt Torres is here at least till the next season and thereafter depending on our performance this year.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2010 07:20:25 pm
      Mate he made the comments on an interview on Sky Sports News.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #43: Jul 25, 2010 07:34:46 pm
      Give the man a break will you and get behind him. Hes gonna do his best for us , how can he answer questions he dont know answers to? As far as i can tell hes a decent fella and honest too and he may just surprise a few of you.
      And Torres will be going nowhere and it certainly wouldnt be to another english club if he did. Jesus.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #44: Jul 25, 2010 07:37:12 pm
      Torres loves our club, it's HIS club too. Regardless of what happens with him, although it hurts, but our great community club will like it's always done recover from losing ANY player. We are Liverpool, maybe we won't win anything next season without him, but the future is bright, it's always red.
      What kind of Liverpool FC that he love ?. Anybody believe that if last season he still Atletico's player and Hodgson try to bring him to Liverpool for the 2010/2011 season, then he will come ?
      Let alone Torres and foreign players, even Gerrard who is a local player and all FANS around the world are never happy for the present situation at LFC.
      What my hopefully is Torres to stay, but if he leave, what I can do is sad and maybe a bit cry. He's a very special player for LFC for long time wait, because his signing and his performance and his love to the club has strengthen all fan's believe that we can win a title with him. I still believe with Rafa +Gerrard + Torres with another management (owner), LFC for sure have won the EPL champions before last season. All are just our unfortunate to have the present management.
      Just my opinion and sorry for my poor English.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #45: Jul 25, 2010 07:38:45 pm
      If that is the case Eem can you really see the man that made the decision Purslow being able to make him stay.

No I cannot.

If Torres leaves, I have no doubt that it's because Rafa was sacked. Basically what everyone on here could see but the board couldn't.

Quick Reply