Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will Liverpool finish in the Premier League? (2010/2011)

1st
      (10.4%)
      2nd
      (5.2%)
      3rd
      (10.4%)
      4th
      (19.6%)
      5th
      (11.3%)
      6th
      (14.8%)
      7th
      (7%)
      8th
      (7.4%)
      9th
      (3.5%)
      10th
      (2.2%)
      11th
      (0.9%)
      12th
      (2.2%)
      13th
      (0%)
      14th
      (0.9%)
      15th
      (0.4%)
      16th
      (0.4%)
      17th
      (0.4%)
      18th
      (0.9%)
      19th
      (0.4%)
      20th
      (1.7%)

Where will we finish 2010/11

Read 17548 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Where will we finish 2010/11
      Jul 30, 2010 09:23:26 pm
      Whats the predictions for the season? No point in going into last season Im just looking to get peoples views on where we will finish this season.

Ive said from day that a return to the top 4 would be a great season. 5th or 6th with a cup in toe would be decent as well. People might think Im etting to low a standard there but unless we can sign 2 maybe 3 world class players where we need them I cant see us challenging for the title or even close

Id love to be wrong on that but I think 4th will be best we will get.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Where will we finish 2010/11
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2010 09:40:16 pm
      Optimistic 'til the end.

I think the best we can do is win it.
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2010 09:44:54 pm
      We will finish first or second.

This year we don't have the issue of "champions league hangovers" to worry about. We can focu on the league as we will be in a less taxing Europen competition this season.

We WILL keep Torres and Gerrard...they are our main stay. Our defense is still excellent despite losing confidence last season.

We had many injuries last year and issues with form and disruption. the year before we nearly won the league (with pretty much the same bunch of players)!!!

This year we have added Cole and Jova who will supplement us in areas which we were found wanting last term.

The draft window is still open and I'd expect a quality LB come in so we will be better off; last season we were using a rookie (Inusa is good but lacked experience). So this season our defense will be the best in the league.

Johnson had a brilliant start to last season bu was hampered by injuries...I'm really looking forward to him having a full injury free season. He is one of our star players who will get us at least 5 goals in the new season.

Torres will be raring to go. It must have been frustrating for such a star player to be in and out dues to injuries whilst watching his team struggle. We need Torres...We HAVE Torres. We look good up front. Especially with Jova and cole adding to the mix. Rememeber Ngog is no raw rookie anymore AND I'd expect Roy to bring in a new powerful lead striker before the end of the draft.

Let's face facts we have the BEST midfield in the EPL. Cole, StevieG, Maxi, Aqua and Lucas.

The KEY man will be Aqua; he can do things with the ball most players can only dream of. This player will show his best form and he will be instrumental in our success.

Make room in the trophy cabinet, I'm expecting a BIG season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2010 09:56:29 pm
      I genuinely think we can win it. This is not blind faith at all, this is genuine belief. My reasons for this belief are simple really. We are slowly getting rid of the deadwood and while we may not be bringing in world class players, we are bringing in better players than we had. Aquilani will be like a new signing, the signing of Cole will be the major kick we need. A new sports doctor will hopefully keep our injuries to a minimum. And while Roy may not be everyone's cup of tea at the moment, I believe he will get us playing better football than last season.

I'm not saying we'll set the Prem alight with silky, fast flowing, all out attacking football. What I do believe we'll see is, more emphasis on attack and therefore a more balanced unit. I'm thinking we are going to let the other teams worry about us more than we worry about them, as was most definitely not the case last season.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2010 10:04:57 pm
      I would say i fancy our chances of getting top 4th. Infact i'm almost certain we will do. Torres, Cole and Gerrard is one of the best attack in Europe nevermind the PL! You have the drive and power of Gerrard, skill and vision of Cole and raw pace and clinicalness in Torres. What we need is for other players to be counted. For some reason i don't expect Torres and Gerrard to feel the burden as much this time because mainly with addition of Cole. Aquilani will want to prove everybody wrong. Lucas, Maxi etc will want to stand up and be counted. I'm optimistic about our chances, lets aim for the title and have the believe we can win it, because we bloody well can!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2010 10:22:41 pm
      Hoping to finish 4th but think we may just fall short, our squad is to small. We need quality back up for Torres because he will be injured for a large number of games and I can't see us buying the quality we need.

We will also have a problem in the centre when Masch goes whether people want to believe it our not. We have a problem also at left back but I expect this to be filled with a fairly mediocre replacement. Our squad was to thin last season and it will be weaker again this season.

So in Summary I think we will finish 5th on the plus side I think we could win the FA cup or League Cup.

If the club isn't sold by next Summer that is when the real problems start like at Valencia, it will be bye bye Torres, Reina and Gerrard.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2010 10:39:15 pm
      Top 4 definately. I believe 2nd or 3rd. We wont be as disastrous at the back as we were last season - calamity of errors lost us loads of points. Less games compared to previous seasons too gives us a good shot.
      We have a few young players looking nice and hopefully will be ok cover when we get injuries. Still think we need some cover for full backs and maybe another winger but Roy has a history of building teams and being solid at the back. Exactly what we lacked last year. Year before that we were 1 point off and only person we´ve really lost (that i regret) since is Alonso and have brought in Aqua and Maxi and Cole. As said before, aim for the top, we wont be far off.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2010 10:49:21 pm
      Always hope to finish higher than the mancs ! This years Europa League is as taxing for us this season as the Champions League was last year so I don't think we can use that as a reason for being able to mount a more serious challenge for the title !
      League position ?  Happy with 2nd hoping for 19th, TITLE that is !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2010 11:12:08 pm
      Top 2, End of story for me.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2010 11:20:19 pm
      3rd. Europa League and League Cup winners.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2010 11:34:26 pm
      I'd be happy with top 4 finish and Europa League or FA cup unless we get a quality left back, a quality replacement for Masch, and a back-up for Torres. But what is real and for sure, THE NUMBER 19 IS COMING CLOSER AND CLOSER. Hopefully that in next two or three years.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2010 11:39:32 pm
      1st.

No point in aiming for anything lower, we go into every competition expecting to win it because we're Liverpool Football Club. We're the greatest club side in existence. First is first, second is nowhere. Simple as that.

World's best keeper, world's best midfielder and world's best forward in the same team is enough to give me belief that we'll take the Premiership by storm. Add to that Agger, Skrtel, Sotis and Carra at the back, Aquilani and Lucas in the middle then you've got a F***ing great spine with great cover as well.

We may be one or two light on the flanks, especially the left, bur F**k it Jovanovich and Cole were brought in to sure that area up. So even that isn't a major problem now.

Could struggle with injuries, so what you get on with it. If they weren't such cry babies who are out for six weeks with a headache, then maybe the injury worry wouldn't be as bad. Return to the days of "get injured, lose your place and earn it back" rather than "get a slight twinge, sit out for three weeks and walk straight back into the team".

Quality youngsters breaking through, probably in the areas we're weakest as well - Kelly as a right back, Robinson as a left back, Pacheco as a centre forward, Amoo as a right winger. So if we look a little short, we've got quality, hungry young lads ready to give us some back up.

We've got a new manager with a new vision. From what I've seen in his first few games, Roy is certainly gonna allow his central midfielders to be more mobile. Looks like he's happy for them to break on ahead of the centre forward(s). His wingers look like they're able to swap flanks as well, something we haven't seen for a while. Certainly looks like there's more fluidity in this side now. And when the rest of the World Cup players return, we'll see it kick into gear even more.

We'll F**k Arsenal, City and West Brom before another poxy international break. Then we'll F**k Birmingham and United and top the table with five wins from five. And winning is a habit as they say. Once you get a run of wins under your belt, you just keep winning by instinct.

So, easily we'll finish top of the table and will have it wrapped by Easter.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2010 11:48:46 pm
      1st.

No point in aiming for anything lower, we go into every competition expecting to win it because we're Liverpool Football Club. We're the greatest club side in existence. First is first, second is nowhere. Simple as that.

World's best keeper, world's best midfielder and world's best forward in the same team is enough to give me belief that we'll take the Premiership by storm. Add to that Agger, Skrtel, Sotis and Carra at the back, Aquilani and Lucas in the middle then you've got a f**king great spine with great cover as well.

We may be one or two light on the flanks, especially the left, bur f**k it Jovanovich and Cole were brought in to sure that area up. So even that isn't a major problem now.

Could struggle with injuries, so what you get on with it. If they weren't such cry babies who are out for six weeks with a headache, then maybe the injury worry wouldn't be as bad. Return to the days of "get injured, lose your place and earn it back" rather than "get a slight twinge, sit out for three weeks and walk straight back into the team".

Quality youngsters breaking through, probably in the areas we're weakest as well - Kelly as a right back, Robinson as a left back, Pacheco as a centre forward, Amoo as a right winger. So if we look a little short, we've got quality, hungry young lads ready to give us some back up.

We've got a new manager with a new vision. From what I've seen in his first few games, Roy is certainly gonna allow his central midfielders to be more mobile. Looks like he's happy for them to break on ahead of the centre forward(s). His wingers look like they're able to swap flanks as well, something we haven't seen for a while. Certainly looks like there's more fluidity in this side now. And when the rest of the World Cup players return, we'll see it kick into gear even more.

We'll f**k Arsenal, City and West Brom before another poxy international break. Then we'll f**k Birmingham and United and top the table with five wins from five. And winning is a habit as they say. Once you get a run of wins under your belt, you just keep winning by instinct.

So, easily we'll finish top of the table and will have it wrapped by Easter.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
      If this club was run by people with this guys optimism then we'd have the title wrapped up by Christmas. ;)
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2010 12:13:10 am
      If we can win our first 2 games (Arsenal and Shitty) then we can finish 1st .
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #14: Jul 31, 2010 12:33:41 am
      We did exactly that the season before last and come 2nd so anythings possible !
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Jul 31, 2010 01:03:50 am

Pole added.

Make sure you vote for where you think we will finish, rather than where you want us to.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Jul 31, 2010 01:13:32 am
      Just a couple of points ! :f_tongueincheek:
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #17: Jul 31, 2010 01:24:13 am
      1st. Why not?
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: Jul 31, 2010 01:45:40 am
      I might have said that this will be our year every year of my life (18) and I'm gonna say it again, I think we'll win it. Its like DLS quotes from the great Shanks - 'First is first, second is nothing'.

We have to remain optimistic no matter what, if the fans don't believe, who will?
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #19: Jul 31, 2010 02:17:20 am
      Who the hell put 17th?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Jul 31, 2010 05:05:31 am
      I genuinely think we can win it. This is not blind faith at all, this is genuine belief. My reasons for this belief are simple really. We are slowly getting rid of the deadwood and while we may not be bringing in world class players, we are bringing in better players than we had. Aquilani will be like a new signing, the signing of Cole will be the major kick we need. A new sports doctor will hopefully keep our injuries to a minimum. And while Roy may not be everyone's cup of tea at the moment, I believe he will get us playing better football than last season.

I'm not saying we'll set the Prem alight with silky, fast flowing, all out attacking football. What I do believe we'll see is, more emphasis on attack and therefore a more balanced unit. I'm thinking we are going to let the other teams worry about us more than we worry about them, as was most definitely not the case last season.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

I would of voted the same way and i said the exact same things in the off season but there's too much crap surrounding the team. On paper we are brilliant, but on paper we should of done much better last season.

5th.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #21: Jul 31, 2010 05:41:31 am

Seriously which idiot did that? I put 3rd
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22: Jul 31, 2010 09:30:11 am
      17th :lmao: cheeky bugger!!
      I have a feeling Spurs will not over achieve again this year, and City's players will not be able to gell well enough( to many ego's), So that leaves a battle between us and the Gooners for 3rd and 4th
      3rd place for me!

Quick Reply