Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Aquilani moving on a good decision?

Yes
      78 (17.9%)
      No
      357 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 430

The Aquilani Headache

Read 216301 times
      RoyImNotConvinced
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts | -2 
      Re: Is Moving Aquilani On A Good Decision? POLL INCLUDED
      Reply #46: Aug 20, 2010 06:06:40 pm
      Nice grammar lesson you F***ing pr**k, it's not an exam i meant to say he's getting rid of one of our top three creative players, pretentious tw*t.
      RoyImNotConvinced
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts | -2 
      Reply #47: Aug 20, 2010 06:07:57 pm
      You can not Guarantee that with any player ROF and it would be foolish to suggest other wise, however lets ask another question here ROF.

Were 1-0 down at Anfield there's 30 minutes to go and the team have struggled to create any chances through a stubborn resilient defence, who would you rather see come off the bench, Poulsen, Lucas or Aquilani ?

Aquilani every day mate, unfortunately i can't see Roy setting us out to be the fluent attacking team that we can be, as shown in ladt years 4-1 demolishing of Pompey.
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 20, 2010 06:08:08 pm
      i'm not sure about this but can't aquilani fail to agree personal terms like insua did?
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #49: Aug 20, 2010 06:10:47 pm
      bad bad decision. If he is to injury prone to play every week why are you loaning him out to play every week flipping quality player even if as Roy seems to want to do ( as he always has) have hard men in the middle when we are struggling to break down teams away from home you can bring Aqua on and change a game, actually no bollox to it the lads class, if he can play as much as Torres then I'm a happy camper.

Looks to me that this is more book balancing.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #50: Aug 20, 2010 06:12:09 pm
      I cant believe this!
      I had a bet with my brother that Aquliani would have a good season!

We havent seen the best of him- not even close!
      He was getting over injury last season, adapting to a new life in a new country, learning a new language- this was his season!
      Fit, settled & ready to go!
      Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Aug 20, 2010 06:12:52 pm
      i'm not sure about this but can't aquilani fail to agree personal terms like insua did?

No because the terms of the loan agreement are Juventus pay wait for it...  %50 of his wages, so in fact we pay half his wages to play for another club, do not get a transfer fee and do not have the funds readily available to replace him, F***ing pathetic if you ask me.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Aug 20, 2010 06:13:51 pm
      If there isn't another creative midfielder coming in it is an insane move and very hard to understand. I'll be depressed if Masch goes as well and we end up with Lucas and Poulsen in midfield for long periods of the season.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #53: Aug 20, 2010 06:14:35 pm
      At the moment, no. But I'll wait a few days before voting in the poll. Roy could have done this because he has an already made replacement (that isn't Poulsen) like VDV or Toivonen then I'll say fair enough, good buisness and it works out well for us and Alberto. But if it turns out this was to bring in Poulsen then it's bad buisness on Roy's part.

Still overall even if we do get a replacement I'd still have preferred Aquilani. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #54: Aug 20, 2010 06:15:19 pm
      Totally wrong decision to send him out on loan.

RedLFCBlood probably have summed up everything I feel about this.

I've always said and I will say it again that the pairing of any of Mascherano/Poulsen/Lucas is not creative enough for a club like Liverpool. No doubt Gerrard and Cole are highly creative but what if (a BIG IF), either one or both of them are injured or being rested? We can't call upon our next most creative player, Aquilani.

I was not happy with the Lucas-Mascherano pairing last season at all and felt Gerrard should have played central since the departure of Alonso and  I can't believe Aquilani will potentially not be in our team this season. I understood the decision to want to keep the Gerrard - Torres combination but that worked well with a reliable machine being them - Alonso.

One thing about Aquilani is he is able to play in the hole and beside another midfielder and that can be a bonus if either Gerrard or Cole aren't in the team.

And as RLB stated :
      I would choose to bring on Aquilani over Lucas or Poulsen any day in a game in which we have failed to break through the defence for long periods of time.

And if Aquilani is being allowed to go out on loan, it probably suggests that Mascherano will be a Liverpool player this season. And again, I feel Aquilani offers more offensively than what Lucas or Poulsen can.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #55: Aug 20, 2010 06:16:05 pm
      No, no, no, no and deffo NO  :'(

We've barely had the chance to see what he can do for us yet, and we've waited long enough.

One of the reasons I was looking forward to this new season was to see how Alberto was going to set Anfield on fire with his silky skills, I hope we won't be deprived of this.

And I can't believe that 5 people think he should go  :f_wah:
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #56: Aug 20, 2010 06:25:06 pm
      50% of wages paid for by Juve...where did we buy Poulsen from.....Mmmmm
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Aug 20, 2010 06:27:00 pm
      Great so we are paying the lad to play with Juventus it just gets madder and madder.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #58: Aug 20, 2010 06:28:13 pm
      bit more Pourslow financial alchemy
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #59: Aug 20, 2010 06:38:52 pm
      Shockingly bad decision.  Even injury-crippled last season he showed glimpses of being one of our more attacking players.

Aquilani leaving on loan is a piss-take.  Sending him back to Juve who exacerbated his ankle problems and sold him to us in the first place is an even bigger piss take.

I don't see how this strengthens Liverpool Football Club whatsoever. 

I suspect this decision has come from above Roy's head, but whoever is in agreement with it at the club is making exceptionally poor judgement.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #60: Aug 20, 2010 06:47:15 pm
      Sending him back to Juve who exacerbated his ankle problems and sold him to us in the first place is an even bigger piss take.

We got him from Roma.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #61: Aug 20, 2010 06:48:22 pm
      Shockingly bad decision.  Even injury-crippled last season he showed glimpses of being one of our more attacking players.

Aquilani leaving on loan is a piss-take.  Sending him back to Juve who exacerbated his ankle problems and sold him to us in the first place is an even bigger piss take.

I don't see how this strengthens Liverpool Football Club whatsoever. 

I suspect this decision has come from above Roy's head, but whoever is in agreement with it at the club is making exceptionally poor judgement.

Didn't we sign him from Roma? Lets see where we are come September 1st with regard to players. Also, if he does leave there will be no right or wrong. If he wants to go on loan let him. Only at the end of the season can it be viewed as a mistake or not.

I'd prefer him to stay, but I can see why he would want to go on loan and play every week for 90mins so it might be good for him. I like Alberto and hope he gets some form and fitness back either here or somewhere else. He also might not be settled in the country. We just do not know the ins and outs of this.

There was too much negativity last season. Lets stay positive this season and get behind the manager and the boys!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Aug 20, 2010 06:50:32 pm
      If we are no where Don it is a joke of a decision no other way around it.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #63: Aug 20, 2010 06:52:38 pm
      I never thought this was a good transfer from day one ,the lad was recovering from a bad injury for a start ,we needed a replacement for Alonso to hit the ground running, Aqua could hardly walk never mind run ,to pay nearly 20m was a total joke as it should have been a 12month see what we are getting loan deal ,it looks like Roy has made his mind up and wants to cut the clubs losses but sending him back to italy after getting him fit for someone else to benefit is madness he either stays or get a decent fee for him .
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #64: Aug 20, 2010 06:56:05 pm
      Don I admire your positivity but we have one week of the transfer window left, no money and I'm totally convinced that Aqua leaving is all to do with Poulsen coming in.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #65: Aug 20, 2010 06:56:44 pm
      According to Roy, Aquilani feels its vital he plays every week this season. That is not going to happen at Liverpool. What if he asked to be loaned out? Do you feel this a wise move by Aquilani if that is the case? Maybe start a poll for that? The bottom line is we do not know all the facts and what is going on. Im sure by September 1st all will be clear and to me all this is completely knee-jerk stuff and belongs on that thread. This player is injury prone and has been called injury prone and had his value and quality questioned by many on here. And yet when it seems he may go on loan, its the worst thing in the world. Lets wait and see what happens.

PS according to ROY its vital for Aqua to play every week alberto has never said that.

Bullshit. We've got Cole gerrard and nando who are all seriously injury prone but really good. Aqua is the only decent attacking cover for Gerrard and Cole who are bound to be injured during the season and miss at least one third of the games. Sure we've Cole out now for 3 games and only Lucas or Poulsen to fill any gaps if Gerrard is moved. Aqua has stated only a few days ago his desire to stay and fight for his career here so cant see him asking for the move especially as hes a die hard Roma fan who didnt want to leave his boyhood club. You can see it in his eyes when he plays he wants to stay and the fans (us :D) arent stupid we can see his quality. Im not sure if Aqua could play every week anyway just like I feel about gerrard and nando. They need to be rotated and aqua is a big part of the plan for me.

Its up there with one of the worst managerial decisions ive ever seen honestly.

PS according to ROY its vital for Aqua to play every week alberto has never said that.
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 20, 2010 07:25:51 pm
      I'm not happy with this situation.

A player of Aqua's skills should be kept in the squad. I hope the loan is designed to get Aqualani match fitness and Aqua is brought back in December
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #67: Aug 20, 2010 07:50:32 pm
      F***ing comical letting this lad go.

Made a scapegoat and im really gutted for the lad.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #68: Aug 20, 2010 07:52:25 pm
      This is a joke

Sorry Roy dont know what your thinking is behind this

Quick Reply