Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (19.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (12.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (48.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat

Read 49246 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat
      Reply #575: Aug 29, 2010 07:56:29 pm
      Good posts Redblood I think people are missing the point many more performances like that and there will be no top 4 this season because a half decent side would have beaten today. Gazza is obviously a wind up merchant.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #576: Aug 29, 2010 07:57:08 pm
      Was at the game today, we did look very flat and reminded of the stubborn benitez days of 2 defensive midfielders at home, but with new signings on there way I'm sure we'll see different formations for the better of the team and better peformances.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #577: Aug 29, 2010 07:59:53 pm
      Happy with the 3 points.......but not happy with the performance

Apart from two incisive moves in the match we looked unlikely to score. The commentator said at the start that WBA cant afford to give the ball away coz they wont be seeing much of it.......how wrong he was.

Lucas, Kuyt, Jovanovic and Poulsen were all ineffective, with the one exception from Kuyt that got our goal. I firmly believe that its time for Lucas and Kuyt to go, and it does sound like Lucas is on his way out so thats a good thing. The other two are still new in the Prem so maybe they need some time to get the pace of it.

On a positive note we have a new player (Meireles) and hopefully Joe Cole will get going after his suspension. For a long while Torres has looked off the pace and he did again today, but one moment of magic was all it took to secure the points.  This may be the catalyst for him to strike form.

Was pleased with maxi after he came on and thought he should have been on earlier.  Birmingham will be a stern test but if we can win that it would give the boys real confidence for the United match.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #578: Aug 29, 2010 08:08:59 pm
      Well what other f**king option did he have?

Drop Gerrard back and play Pacheco? I love Dani and call for him to play more than anyone but you saw how WBA play and they could of exposed the holes he'd leave in midfield more than they did today with Poulsen. Morrison had two clean strikers at goal with no contest.

He just signed a midfielder to slot into the side. If he keeps playing two defensive midfielders then, go ahead and complain, but f**k me the man can't win. If he goes to a 4-4-2 and plays Gerrard with Lucas, Maxi on the right and Dirk up top then people will complain about him playing a 4-4-2 as well.

Cut him some slack on this one and judge him when he was a few more options to choose with. It's easy calling the shots from an armchair but his hands were tied today.

The performance wasn't great but how many sides win every game playing great? We had a clean sheet, Torres got on the sheet and we get our first win of the season in the league.

Sometimes, instead of finding excuses to complain, you have to accept what's happened, take the positives (like 3 points for example!) and move on.
      True how many times have we seen united play crap at home and still win. On th ebright side we have Three points many times  we have battered teams at Anfield only to draw
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #579: Aug 29, 2010 08:34:23 pm
      Last season we would have drawn that game, i'm happy enough with the points.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #580: Aug 29, 2010 08:46:00 pm
      I look forward to when we win and it feels like a win. Reading through this post match is depressing the f**king sh*te outta me!

What? You only think a win feels like a win When you dominate glory hunter. I tell you what my best ever game was when we got outplayed by the blueslime and nicked it in the last minute  (get in Gary Mac great times in harrogate pal) your talking out your ass support the team ffs
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #581: Aug 29, 2010 08:48:20 pm
      Just happy we got the result could of been a lot different
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #582: Aug 29, 2010 08:54:15 pm

What? You only think a win feels like a win When you dominate glory hunter. I tell you what my best ever game was when we got outplayed by the blueslime and nicked it in the last minute  (get in Gary Mac great times in harrogate pal) your talking out your ass support the team ffs

Oh learn to f**king read, did I say I wasn't happy? I just said reading through the post-match is depressing cos there is so much negativity, and warranted in some respects.

Yes, im always happy when we win. But when a newly promoted team has more shots than Liverpool, there is cause for concern. Now, being the optimist I am im confident that the addition of Raul as well as Cole coming back will help.

Before you jump on your high horse again f**king learn to read properly. I didn't say I wasn't happy. But there is glaring deficiencies in our team that need addressing still, and if you can't see that then even Ray Charles would say you have some serious eye issues.

Heres a question - out of all your posting I have not seen much against our owners. Whats your opinion there eh? All I see is you trying to tell everyone theres nothing f**king wrong.

And don't EVER call me a glory-hunter again.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #583: Aug 29, 2010 09:02:34 pm
      Owners should be seen and not heard, who's the worse h and g or M and P ...? What winds me up is the new breed of supporter saying the current owners are killing the club when M and P sold the soul but only after letting the club run stagnant for years losing ground.

I don't give a sh*t who owns us I support LFC and the players on the pitch I go to all home and most reserve games, to be honest I get more joy at resie games these days. Ffs I wouldnprob get more joy with us going into admin getting relegated and building again but I still pay for the tickets support the team and cheer.

Feck getting more pissed as is the ritual when we win but guys we won negativity breeds negativity ask yourself why do you support Liverpool, if it's just to see good football and winning that's the wrong answer.

P.s glory hunter couldn't resist

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #584: Aug 29, 2010 09:05:57 pm

What? You only think a win feels like a win When you dominate glory hunter. I tell you what my best ever game was when we got outplayed by the blueslime and nicked it in the last minute  (get in Gary Mac great times in harrogate pal) your talking out your ass support the team ffs

End of the day Gazza, people are looking at the similarities of how we set up last season and how we played last season in comparisons to this season.

To be fair there is not a lot of difference we are still set up the same and we are still not playing fluid attacking football and at the moment our central midfield and left wing is in actual fact weaker than it was last year.

So whilst I respect your opinion, stop calling people glory hunters and telling people to get off their arse and support the F***ing team when all they are doing is voicing their concerns.

You can still support the team and pick out faults and air your concerns about them, F**k me I've supported LFC for about 25/26 years, does it make me a glory supporter for saying our midfield lacked creativity and the ability to be productive with the ball in the time it was in our possession or does it make a realist, who's assessed the football on display properley ?

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #585: Aug 29, 2010 09:10:19 pm
      Your obviously a wind up merchant gazza, you can't really be a Liverpool fan and have F**k all interest in the owner situation. Surely you want Liverpool to be successful if your a fan but how are we going to be successful when we are buying players of the calibre of Poulsen Konchesky and possibly Cole.

The owner situation is currently the most important topic at the club. Obviously looking at your posts like me you know F**k all about business because at the moment or debt is rising, the current situation in unstainable and unless we get new owners there might nt be a club for you to support down the line.

You really need to wake up, 4 weeks left till you said the club is going to be taken over I haven't forgotten that comment.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #586: Aug 29, 2010 09:17:30 pm
      Redlfcblood you are right to a certain point however I respect your opinion but some posters are so negative and the glory hunter tag fits. Concerns are concerns but it's getting a bit stupid after a win ffs but agree some slack should be given to some though and I apologize. 

Corbally not even replying to you give us a call next trip you take will show you round ffs.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #587: Aug 29, 2010 09:18:29 pm
      Owners should be seen and not heard, who's the worse h and g or M and P ...? What winds me up is the new breed of supporter saying the current owners are killing the club when M and P sold the soul but only after letting the club run stagnant for years losing ground.

I don't give a sh*t who owns us I support LFC and the players on the pitch I go to all home and most reserve games, to be honest I get more joy at resie games these days. Ffs I wouldnprob get more joy with us going into admin getting relegated and building again but I still pay for the tickets support the team and cheer.

Feck getting more pissed as is the ritual when we win but guys we won negativity breeds negativity ask yourself why do you support Liverpool, if it's just to see good football and winning that's the wrong answer.

P.s glory hunter couldn't resist

I'm not gonna bother explaining to you why i support Liverpool because you are not worth that much time. And honestly, you're a sh*te supporter too. There, i said it. You are one of those supporters who sticks their head in the sand when something bad is happening behind the scenes. It F***ing makes me sick.

Yes owners should be seen and not heard. But they should also not be destroying the club - cos that is what they are doing! For fucks sake lad, get a F***ing grip on reality. You would get joy out of administration?! F***ing hell, your dumber than the rusty door-knob on my dads shearing shed.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #588: Aug 29, 2010 09:21:51 pm
      You make me laugh gazza you really do, do you want Liverpool to be successful at all, I think looking at your posts you haven't a clue what is going on at the club and appear to know very little about football in general.

You just seem to want to come on here and rant, yet to see a sensible football post from you, also your posts about the takeover situation are F***ing ridiculous.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #589: Aug 29, 2010 09:22:19 pm

The current owners are killing the F***ing club you daft fecker, its them have placed unsustainable debt levels on the club.

Its them who have not invested in the squad for the best part of three seasons.

Tell me for fucks sake Gazza how on earth a team with League & Champions League ambitions is supposed to challenge when for three years they have been pretty much operating on a net profit in transfers, whilst others around them have been spending willy nilly ?

Well you should give a F***ing sh*t who owns us as you say you support LFC, so therefor for that sentiment to ring true, you would obviously want what is best for us.

Your correct negativity breeds negativity and I'm so F***ing pleased you chose that choice of words as the same could be said about the way we are setting up games.

Two defensive midfielders is a negative tactic, so negativity breeds negativity that filters onto the pitch and that filters onto the fans and the forums.

Negative transfer spends breed negativity that filters its way onto the pitch and then onto fans also.

So forgive me for not jumping for F***ing joy whilst we have two thieving bas**rds running the club syphoning money away from it that could keep us competitive.

Forgive me for not jumping for joy because we have a back stabbing sh*t stabbing back alley fudge packer as CEO, who is systematically selling players to appease the two thieving bas**rds.

Forgive me for not jumping for joy that our Chelsea boy Chairman seems to have fu**ed up what appears to be the only bid in at the club to rid us of these parasites, even though he promised to do what is best for the club and the fans.

Forgive me for not jumping for joy and getting too over excited watching the same negative football that was churned out all last season, even if we did get 3 points.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #590: Aug 29, 2010 09:25:29 pm
      You make me laugh gazza you really do, do you want Liverpool to be successful at all, I think looking at your posts you haven't a clue what is going on at the club and appear to know very little about football in general.

You just seem to want to come on here and rant, yet to see a sensible football post from you, also your posts about the takeover situation are f**king ridiculous.

And he's still going the game and buying tickets  :roll:

NOT A PENNY MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #591: Aug 29, 2010 09:27:35 pm
      And he's still going the game and buying tickets  :roll:

NOT A PENNY MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well these owners aren't that bad apparently smiggs, why not?

:roll:

Agreed. NOT A PENNY MORE!

Get that in ya thick skull gazza.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #592: Aug 29, 2010 09:30:04 pm
      On a lighter note.

I need to stop ranting, I've just sex weed ;D
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #593: Aug 29, 2010 09:31:42 pm
      One question and please answer honestly, how often do you Corbally Lfcredblood and bigvYNWA go?... Answer this question because I don't know any of you three but you are the most negative so called supporters I have met. I go to every home game missed a few away last season decided to not travel away due to fin aces this. But come on super fans how many games do you get to. I bet none of you own a season ticket yet I bet you slag St John off for calling masch a dog or Hunt for criticizing Rafa last season.

Ask yourself are you having a go because you support lfc or that your work mate who supports the scum is having a go at you. F**k off the three of you, you are what is killing the club negative twits. I was shouting at moored and parry the same things you jumping on the bandwagon on ten years ago so F**k off. 
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #594: Aug 29, 2010 09:31:53 pm
      I'm not gonna bother explaining to you why I support Liverpool because you are not worth that much time. And honestly, you're a sh*te supporter too. There, I said it. You are one of those supporters who sticks their head in the sand when something bad is happening behind the scenes. It f**king makes me sick.

Yes owners should be seen and not heard. But they should also not be destroying the club - cos that is what they are doing! For fucks sake lad, get a f**king grip on reality. You would get joy out of administration?! F***ing hell, your dumber than the rusty door-knob on my dads shearing shed.

You dont have to justify why you support LFC!

And i know what you mean about a win feeling like a win, i dont feel like we won today- and im not sure why!
      Maybe its because the Chavs managed to put 6 past them,
      Maybe its Lucas & Poulsen depressing me... who knows!

Im thinking when Cole gets back- and we see some Gerrard-Cole-Torres-Goal magic watching us play will feel good again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #595: Aug 29, 2010 09:37:23 pm
      Missed the game today,have i missed much?.

Anyone got a vid of torres goal?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #596: Aug 29, 2010 09:38:42 pm
      At the Mathew Street festival today so didn't see or hear anything about the game today will watch on MOD 2 but don't sound like it was much of a game today
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #597: Aug 29, 2010 09:40:54 pm
      How long you following the club Gazza I'm following them 25 years, I've pumped thousands into the club on merchandise and going to matches. No you probably don't know me I'm not from Liverpool does that mean I'm not a proper fan like you maybe in your sad deluded mind it does.

What were you shouting at Moores and Parry because for some strange reason you seem to be backing Broughton and Purslow. For the first season in years I won't be going to a match or buying any of the gear because till the Yanks go I aint spending another cent on the club.

Your a clown Gazza that from your posts you seem to have very little understanding of the game. Why you betting I'm doing thinking anything is this the same bet you ve on that the club will be sold in four weeks, you really make me laugh you must be about 12.

Quick Reply