Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 127234 times
      DanielFromUkraine
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Andriy Voronin - good enough?
      Reply #69: Jul 28, 2007 09:40:45 am
      Voronin will be the best scorer this season.
      This is the best goal in German Bundesliga last season, scored by Voronin.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #70: Aug 02, 2007 03:55:29 pm
      Does anyone accuatly believe the Voronin is good enough for the premiership nevermind Liverpool. A mean, hes not terrible but he dosent seem to be quick enough and to be clever enough to fit in at the club. I tihink rafa will have him gone next summer and will bring in another striker possibly in january or next summer. Anyone else have a thought?

I wholeheartedly agree, judging by his pre-season he's definately not good enough for the Premiership or Liverpool. Definately going to leave next summer :D :D :D

Next time Semple, try waiting until you've seen a player before passing judgement.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #71: Aug 02, 2007 05:34:01 pm
      I wholeheartedly agree, judging by his pre-season he's definately not good enough for the Premiership or Liverpool. Definately going to leave next summer :D :D :D

Next time Semple, try waiting until you've seen a player before passing judgement.

I also hate people that slate players before they have even seen them.  And there has been a lot of them around lately!!
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #72: Aug 02, 2007 07:56:46 pm
      ryt well sorry...so ur saying if titus bramble signed next week iam not aloud to have my opinion on him ans slate him? after seeing the pre season i agree that voronin is quality an one of the best signings but iam not the only one to get it wrong
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #73: Aug 02, 2007 10:16:47 pm
      ryt well sorry...so ur saying if titus bramble signed next week iam not aloud to have my opinion on him ans slate him? after seeing the pre season I agree that voronin is quality an one of the best signings but iam not the only one to get it wrong

Well we've all seen him play (quite regularly in fact) so we'd all have something to go by! Completely different situation semple!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #74: Aug 02, 2007 11:45:43 pm
      ryt well sorry...so ur saying if titus bramble signed next week iam not aloud to have my opinion on him ans slate him? after seeing the pre season i agree that voronin is quality an one of the best signings but iam not the only one to get it wrong

Well we've all seen him play (quite regularly in fact) so we'd all have something to go by! Completely different situation semple!

Well if Titus Bramble signed tomorrow I wouldn't be happy because.

1. I've seen him play for Newcastle for years.

2. If Big Sam doesn't think he is good enough for a Newcastle side that didn't even get UEFA Cup or Inter Toto Cup last season just comes to show.

The thing is with Voronin is that, we have all seen him play during pre season and he has had a good time out there.  But slating a player you have never even seen play is apauling and very un Liverpool like.

Where did you get your knowledge from if you don't think he isn't a clever player, or not quick enough, if you have never seen him play with your very own eyes?!?!

And for the record, if Titus signed tomorrow.  I think everyone would disagree with the decision.  And it is completely a different situation as County_Rd_Koptie mentioned.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #75: Aug 03, 2007 08:41:46 am
      One swallow doesn't make a summer.  I like what I've seen in pre season but I know the premiership is a different matter from the friendlies.  I'll hold my judgement until the real show starts.  What I think is important is that he gives us a different option from the other strikers which is what we need if we are to mount a credible challenge for the Premiership.   
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #76: Aug 03, 2007 09:56:23 am
      One swallow doesn't make a summer.  I like what I've seen in pre season but I know the premiership is a different matter from the friendlies.  I'll hold my judgement until the real show starts.  What I think is important is that he gives us a different option from the other strikers which is what we need if we are to mount a credible challenge for the Premiership.  

Completely agree mate, I still won't make a proper judgement yet apart from to say I've been very encouraged by what I've seen so far. But at least he has a couple of games under his belt now, too many people were slating him before they'd ever seen him play.
      Trev
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #77: Aug 03, 2007 12:46:54 pm
      I think Veronin will be quality for us , seen you tube and he looked good around pretty ordinary players , and him to the quality we have and the premiership will be suprised at the outcome .
      YNWA
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #78: Aug 03, 2007 01:08:32 pm
      To be honest I didnt think he was that bad to begin with. I always thought he was a decent player from Leverkussen. Just because he's a free transfer doesnt mean he was a crap player. Look at Ballack.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #79: Aug 03, 2007 01:10:43 pm
      To be honest I didnt think he was that bad to begin with. I always thought he was a decent player from Leverkussen. Just because he's a free transfer doesnt mean he was a crap player. Look at Ballack.

Remember Jari Litmanen?  I believe he came on a bosman.

What a good player he was.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #80: Aug 03, 2007 02:43:02 pm

Aw, I forgot about Jari, loved him   ;)
      Finnan1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #81: Aug 03, 2007 04:58:02 pm
      This was a very funny thread to read right through. Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, the lad is strong his instincts are sharp and he'd play Leeds the same way he'd play Chelsea (and thats what we need a lot more 100% all the time players) and you know what the season hasn't kicked off so that plenty enough reason for me to back the man up!
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #82: Aug 03, 2007 08:40:14 pm

yea yjari was a quality player only bloody houllier never played him
      beswick83
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #83: Aug 04, 2007 07:11:51 pm
      we didnt pay a penny for him so there is no pressure on him. could be useful as a squad player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #84: Aug 05, 2007 10:10:02 am
      I have been impressed by the way he has got on with his life at Anfield. Torres came in the same time he arrived and went unnoticed to some people. TBH i thought he was great against Werder Bremen but i havnt seen much of him since then. I think he is a great get on a free and look forward to him proving many of you wrong. PS. you calll yourselves Liverpool supporters but never even support the boys.
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #85: Aug 06, 2007 05:19:14 am
      Thanks a lot for the share, I don't and can't have Setanta channel at home so I can't see this match. I have to say that Voronin could be our hope, next to Torres. He has speed, strenght and a good touch with the ball. We can see that all of his two goals was when he face-to-face with the goal keeper, that prove his speed, that can change suddendly at the right time, and then the second goal, we cansee cleary that's a strong shoot, egnound to make the goal keeper twist hisbody to avoid the ball. That's what we need from an attacker.     
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #86: Aug 06, 2007 10:10:01 am
      Rafa obviously bought him for a reason not just because he was a free.

From what I have seen he will do well for us,I like his style of play.

He has done a good job to date and I look forward to seeing who he forges a good partnership with but believe he will be used in a rotation system .

I suspect that Kuyt and Torres will be the prefered partnership,we will have to see how Crouch and Voronin fit in over the season.

tdboro
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #87: Aug 06, 2007 10:24:10 am
      TO ME,HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH IN THE GAME OF YESTERDAY,OR MAYBE HE HAS  NOT YET BLEND TO OUR STYLe of game
      RedinOz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #88: Aug 06, 2007 10:34:19 am
      Voronin was good signing and will adapt to the Premiership well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #89: Aug 06, 2007 11:43:49 am
      Like Berbatov
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #90: Aug 13, 2007 12:31:21 am
      with the training that liverpool provide he can become good enough
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #91: Aug 15, 2007 06:20:29 pm
      with the training that liverpool provide he can become good enough

How you have a rating of only 0 after 98 posts of thrilling analysis like that is completely beyond me.
      Loving this thread - this typifies exactly the problem with some sections of our fans - the anti-Voronin's are the ones who get on the phone to the radio stations after we lose a game telling us to sack Rafa.  Absolutely clueless idiots.

The current score - for those who are counting is:

Voronin (free transfer) 1
      Kuyt (£11 million) + Crouch (£7 million) + Torres (£26 million) 0

Quick Reply