Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Old Anfield

Read 32529 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Old Anfield
      Reply #69: Aug 08, 2010 12:28:07 am
      I remember the games against Leeds, the pushing and shoving was scary, you had to get in to the ground before 1pm to get a spec behind a barrier other wise you would get pushed the whole game. Leaving the ground was as bad going down the stairs behind the Kop, sometimes your feet would not touch the steps, but the atmosphere was amazing
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #70: Aug 08, 2010 02:58:52 am
      My dad tells me he remembers the Boys pen best. He used to walk up from Bootle with my uncles or his mates or whoever, then all pile in the one of back corners where the Boys pen was. Kids climbing over the fence into the Kop proper and getting passed down over peoples heads to where there was space.

I think i'll forward him the link to this and see if he can write up his memories, i couldn't do them justice to be honest.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Aug 08, 2010 04:16:34 am
      These are the pictures that make me wish I lived in Liverpool and lived there in the eighties.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #72: Aug 08, 2010 01:20:47 pm
      Giving this a bump.

I f**king love Anfield.

Nice one. I love the stories in here.

F***ing can't wait to get there for myself one day. My life's dream.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #73: Aug 08, 2010 01:44:36 pm
      Just see the post, thanks everybody for great pics. I haven't see much picture of Anfield before.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #74: Aug 08, 2010 05:20:27 pm
      What a F***ing amazing thread!. I love the stories from the older Reds fans, it's like reliving the times with my Dadcu ( grandfather in Welsh ). And please take that as a compliment, i used to love staying with my Dadcu on weekends and listening to his stories. I can feel myself welling up now, keep the stories coming men, they are brilliant!.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #75: Aug 08, 2010 05:55:29 pm
      My dad tells me he remembers the Boys pen best. He used to walk up from Bootle with my uncles or his mates or whoever, then all pile in the one of back corners where the Boys pen was. Kids climbing over the fence into the Kop proper and getting passed down over peoples heads to where there was space.

I think I'll forward him the link to this and see if he can write up his memories, I couldn't do them justice to be honest.
      Look forward to reding those
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #76: Aug 08, 2010 05:58:16 pm
      The is an old BBC documetary were the commentator is standing infront of the Kop while they are singing she loves you it is amazing
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #77: Aug 09, 2010 09:37:32 pm
       Now this thread makes much better reading than some of the bullshit in the takeover thread.These days one can only dream of the old Anfield and the good REDS who have stood on that famous ground.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #78: Aug 09, 2010 10:52:08 pm
      The is an old BBC documetary were the commentator is standing infront of the Kop while they are singing she loves you it is amazing

I think this is what your looking for...

RTK - The Kop On Panorama 1964
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #79: Aug 09, 2010 10:59:15 pm
      Remember Dr Fun running up and down the front of the Kop hours before the game kicked off?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #80: Aug 09, 2010 11:22:17 pm
      Brilliant thread i'm sort of dreading the day the gates close at Anfield for the last time, there will be plenty of tears shed that day and i'll be one the snifflers for sure, My story goes back to 1976 when as i watched football on the tv in Scotland, back in those days we had sportscene on a saturday and Scotsport on a sunday, sportscene was a bbc production and used to concentrate mainly on the English Div 1 as it was then followed by a couple of highlighted scottish matches of that day, anyway it was when the cameras were at Anfield that i first noticed the famous Kop one Saturday night, I loved the way the crowd would sway back and forth and often wondered what happened to poor sods at the front.

As luck would have it 7yrs later i found myself on the very same wave as what i witnessed on tv when i was a 16yr old kid, of course the glamour slightly wore off when i could later smell the piss on my clothes, but did that deter me, well, no f***in way i loved it and the more i got the more i wanted, i dont get to go to Anfield these days sadly but i will carry those memories till the day i go frog up, I know its different now stadia are mostly all seater, but i would love the new Anfield to have a all standing terrace just like the old days, now would'nt that be something, after all, the Liverpool way is onits way back, the bootroom is on its way back, so why not the proper kop?

Ahh the days, a skinful in the Albert, sausage chips n gravy for lunch, a few more in the salisbury then to the kop to piss all over some buggers clothes.....if you did'nt have a paper to roll up  i'm welling, i'm going.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,449 posts | 8656 
      Reply #81: Aug 10, 2010 12:14:41 am
      Remember Dr Fun running up and down the front of the Kop hours before the game kicked off?

Remember his puppet!!

Boss fella who I have met a few times on my travels with the Reds and was on supreme form in Dortmund.

Shame it's only the back end of the old kop years I remember, so my memories are limited to flares on the kop against Man U and probably the last day on the kop being the days when the old stand was back on top form.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #82: Sep 19, 2010 02:27:23 am
      Get on this for a proper flashback!!!!!!

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #83: Sep 19, 2010 02:32:37 am

Jaysus, when was that Kenneth? early 90's?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #84: Sep 19, 2010 02:34:58 am
      Certainly looks like not long before it was rebuilt mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #85: Sep 19, 2010 02:40:16 am
      What a F***ing amazing thread!. I love the stories from the older Reds fans, it's like reliving the times with my Dadcu ( grandfather in Welsh ). And please take that as a compliment, i used to love staying with my Dadcu on weekends and listening to his stories. I can feel myself welling up now, keep the stories coming men, they are brilliant!.
      Slightly off topic but my girl and family have all been saying what is youre grandson going to call you /granch / gramps etc / i just said Dadcu will do for me. I know what you mean fella  when you talk of youre old fella it does the same to me. Talking about mine.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #86: Sep 19, 2010 02:41:57 am

The fella nearest the camera in the Liverpool top, is that Carlsberg on the top? Didn't they start sponsoring us 92 or 93, so if it is Carlsberg on his top, it's certainly early if not mid 90s.
      nlong
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #87: Sep 19, 2010 02:44:27 am
      incredible wow
      nlong
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #88: Sep 19, 2010 02:50:10 am
      It is very interesting to her the memoires from yesteryear. Recently i read the book called THE KOP. It contained stories from Kopities right back from the early stages of the clubs history right up to glorious 2005 season. Very good read and I dear say most of you have read it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #89: Sep 19, 2010 02:51:04 am
      I seem to remember the kop was re built in 1994 ,please correct if wrong.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #90: Sep 19, 2010 02:56:55 am
      I seem to remember the kop was re built in 1994 ,please correct if wrong.

Was made all seater in 94 mate.

Last Night Of The Kop is a boss little video celebrating the arl Kop before it became all seater. Mike McCartney & The Chip Shop Boys

Alberto Remedios singing Nessun Dorma The Last Night of the Kop

(anybody who hasn't seen the whole video of The Lat Night Of The Kop - I recommend you do sharpish)
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2010 03:03:22 am by dunlop liddell shankly »
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #91: Sep 19, 2010 08:35:52 am
      I remember my first game was in 87, we were sat in row 1 of the old Kemlyn Road. I was 11 and hadn't slept for about a month before. It was Rushie's last home game before joining Juve and the memory that sticks out about all others from that day is the image of walking through the entrance and seeing that lush green pitch, then looking left and seeing a full Kop yards from me. Its etched in my mind and still gives me goosebumps today, the impact that had on me was indescribable.

I was lucky, I started going regular in my mid teens and was lucky to stand on the Kop a few times the highlight being the game against the Bitters in 94 (the last derby in front of the old Kop). Just remember the atmosphere was amazing and there were about 100 bitters standing next to us! Great banter throughout....just fantastic memories.

Quick Reply