Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Steven Gerrard
      (79.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (1.1%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (4.5%)
      Joe Cole
      (2.2%)

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration

Read 79673 times
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Re: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #1035: Sep 20, 2010 01:43:56 pm
      I hate Rooney.

I hate Fergie.

I hate Nani.

I hate Rio.

I hate Neville and his family.

Never met them, either. It's f**king easy to do!!

I could add to the list but I won't I'll just say they're all tw*ts. Ferguson being the biggest of all
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1036: Sep 20, 2010 02:01:09 pm
      Let me explain in more detail so you understand where i'm coming from. Lets say i came to Australia for a holiday and we meet up by chance. We had a few beers ( never mentioned football  :D ) and got on well together a long with the wife / girlfriend. With it being a holiday  we chilled out having meals, days outings and genrally having a laugh. If at the end of the holiday i told you i supported Man United, would you hate me?

Before Redblood Daz comes on the scene and says, i would of asked you what football club you support first ( or where you come from  ;) ) i would of said i don't follow football and live in Wales  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1037: Sep 20, 2010 02:12:32 pm
      Yes ;)

Just watched Woy's post match comments. FFS.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1038: Sep 20, 2010 02:44:15 pm
      Although the 3rd Utd goal was extremely gutting to say the least (not least for the fact that O'Shea provided the cross, even though he should have been off previously), it's not like we actually deserved to win the game. 1st half performance was utterly abysmal, with no-one even seemingly trying to outplay the opposition. 2nd half was better for a while, as it needed to be. But why do LFC fail to turn up for matches, or why does it take them 45 minutes and a 2 goal deficit before they decide to do something about it? Only one team deserved to win the game, and unfortunately it wasn't us...
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #1039: Sep 20, 2010 02:47:35 pm
      I hate Hitler Keith never had the opportunity to meet him though

That made me chuckle.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1040: Sep 20, 2010 02:49:24 pm
      In my opinion, I would have liked to see Babel and Torres up front together. With Gerrard and Miereles in the middle. Cole and and Maxi (no other choice atm unfortunately) on the wings, and a back four that doesn't include Johnson or Konchesky. Johnson as usual was dreadful, and Konchesky just isn't a Liverpool player IMO. Would rather have Aurelio there all day long, and Carra covering the right place instead of Johnson. Carra may not make darting runs attempting to cross the ball in from the wing, but at least he can DEFEND!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1041: Sep 20, 2010 02:58:40 pm
      Yes ;)

Just watched Woy's post match comments. FFS.

Can't remember what he said now. You got a link?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1042: Sep 20, 2010 03:06:50 pm
      Why does Roy even call him 'Sir' Alex. I'd go out of my way not to call him that. c**t Alex. Anything.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1043: Sep 20, 2010 03:15:19 pm
      Can't remember what he said now. You got a link?

I looked for them on the net but couldn't find any. Watched them on the World Football review show here.

He said we didn't deserve to be 2 down after the first half - he's right, because with 20 men behind the ball your unlucky to concede :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1044: Sep 20, 2010 03:28:07 pm
      Why does Roy even call him 'Sir' Alex.

Once a gentleman, always a gentleman. Woy will never lower his standards no matter what the rivalry amongst fans.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #1045: Sep 20, 2010 03:35:27 pm
      Once a gentleman, always a gentleman. Woy will never lower his standards no matter what the rivalry amongst fans.

Ferguson does not deserve to have been knighted, the senile, whisky soaked tw*t. As a gent, Roy should be able to see that this postulating pr**k ain't one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1046: Sep 20, 2010 04:46:00 pm
      Ferguson does not deserve to have been knighted,

Were all entitled  to our opinions. The Queen and the powers that be obviously disagree with you.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1047: Sep 20, 2010 04:52:28 pm
      Not many teams go to Old Toilet and score one goal let alone 2 goals so to come away from there with nothing is so f**king gut wrenching.

Once again we had a horrible first half, marginally improved in the 2nd half once N'Gog came on and freed up Nando.

2 quality goals from the Captain who undoubtedly was our best player.

F***ing awful defending for all 3 goals we conceded. I'll give Berbaflop that stunner he scored, was a fantastic goal that much to our annoyance will probably win Goal of the year, which of course just has to happen against us. But where was Carra  ??? standing 2 meters away from the bloke he's supposed to be marking  :mad:

The other two goals were a shambles. I can't understand why Nando was even in the box marking Berbatoss for the first one. Shouldn't he have been up the half way line as he's the one you'd want up there if we were to get a quick break.  ???

I also can't understand what Konchesky was doing for 2 of those goals. I love the man on the post but he wasn't near the f**king post, he was closer to Reina both times Berba scored his headers. If he was on the post, those goals would have been cleared, I have no doubt of that.

F***ing gutted, hate those cu*ts, their fans and their f**king Manager.

I have a question, can anyone tell me what words those cu*ts were singing to YNWA. They were singing something that me and my mate couldn't figure out on the tv. I know I'm not gonna like the answer but I need to know.

The song is:  Sign on sign on, with hope in your heart, coz youll never get a job, youll never get a job...
      My brother figured out the words.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #1048: Sep 20, 2010 04:56:34 pm
      Why does Roy even call him 'Sir' Alex. I'd go out of my way not to call him that. C**t Alex. Anything.

Roy calls him Sir Alex. Rafa called him Mr. Ferguson. And people wondered why we wanted to keep Rafa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1049: Sep 20, 2010 05:00:45 pm
      Were all entitled  to our opinions. The Queen and the powers that be obviously disagree with you.

Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell you mean. And that services to football is bollocks. Fergie got the honour for helping TB and AC and the rest of the Labour Party during the 97 election. Campbell virtually says as much in that book/diary that was out a couple of years back.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1050: Sep 20, 2010 05:02:52 pm
      Roy calls him Sir Alex. Rafa called him Mr. Ferguson. And people wondered why we wanted to keep Rafa.

Old ground that now but agree should never of let Rafa go.
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #1051: Sep 20, 2010 07:28:11 pm
      I've just read what ferguson said after the game.

Hope the f****r will choke on his f******g gum!

thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1052: Sep 20, 2010 07:41:23 pm
      I thought we were quite poor and if it hadnt been for that period when we grabbed our two goals i think it would have been embarrasing. Man marking is obviously not working.
      Souey11
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #1053: Sep 20, 2010 08:41:03 pm
      The song is:  Sign on sign on, with hope in your heart, coz youll never get a job, youll never get a job...
      My brother figured out the words.

Another world beater from the Mancs there.  Also, I don't know about anyone else, but the irony is not lost on me when they sing 'murderers' given that Manchester was home to Britains most prolific serial killer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1054: Sep 20, 2010 09:31:49 pm
      Having read most of the posts above this my 2penny worth,
      Cant blame the ref, although he is still a kunt, we were pulled apart first half, Cole and Torres had no support or service, on the odd occasion we did get forward about 3/4 we either passed sideways or backwards, we played too narrow and allowed them to overrun us down the flanks pressurising our fullbacks, Nani against Konchesky was a mismatch in speed and Giggs on Johnson was just ugly, another lacklustre performance from GJ, Meireles & poulsen forget it, should have been Gerrard and Meireles, our back four wobbled too many times and its clear that Carra is getting slower, Skirtle not at the races, Johnson not good enough from him again and Konch to be fair had it rough with that cheating kunt Nani, Maxi again was sh*t and Gerrard not at his best.

Second half was better but it was obvious we were missing quality and with Torres being isolated made it difficult to pass through them, going two down was inevitable at that time and was no surprise, Roy sticks on Ngog and suddenly we have an outlet, the pen was a result of Ngog being a foil and allowed Cole to turn and face and slot the ball through and Evans scythed down Nando, the equaliser again was a result of having two target men and again alowed us to turn and go at their defense, Torres on their shoulder a ball passed and he is felled, no red for me though Van Der Saar would have got to it first, Great freekick from Stevie wonderful.

Overall they got lucky, two defensive errors cost us in the end and a lucky strike from Berbaflop, thats football for ya, they had the rub of the green yet again, had we been stronger and had a bit more quality it would have been different, but once again we have to swallow hard and accept that lack of investment cost us another 3pts, we need to start being more consistant its clear that Roy has his hands tied and can only work with what he's got, stop f***in about and have a settled eleven, build confidence, this would be my selection for the next few games;

Reina
                                    Kelly  Carra   Agger   Konch
                                             Gerrard   Meireles
                                        Babel      Cole      Jova
                                                    Torres
                                                                  Bench; Jones, Skirtle, Aurelio,Lucas, Ngog
                                                                             Pacheco, Spearing
        Obviously when Kuyt returns i would swap jova with Babel and have Kuyt on the right.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1055: Sep 20, 2010 09:40:56 pm
      Having read most of the posts above this my 2penny worth,
      Cant blame the ref, although he is still a kunt, we were pulled apart first half, Cole and Torres had no support or service, on the odd occasion we did get forward about 3/4 we either passed sideways or backwards, we played too narrow and allowed them to overrun us down the flanks pressurising our fullbacks, Nani against Konchesky was a mismatch in speed and Giggs on Johnson was just ugly, another lacklustre performance from GJ, Meireles & poulsen forget it, should have been Gerrard and Meireles, our back four wobbled too many times and its clear that Carra is getting slower, Skirtle not at the races, Johnson not good enough from him again and Konch to be fair had it rough with that cheating kunt Nani, Maxi again was sh*t and Gerrard not at his best.

Second half was better but it was obvious we were missing quality and with Torres being isolated made it difficult to pass through them, going two down was inevitable at that time and was no surprise, Roy sticks on Ngog and suddenly we have an outlet, the pen was a result of Ngog being a foil and allowed Cole to turn and face and slot the ball through and Evans scythed down Nando, the equaliser again was a result of having two target men and again alowed us to turn and go at their defense, Torres on their shoulder a ball passed and he is felled, no red for me though Van Der Saar would have got to it first, Great freekick from Stevie wonderful.

Overall they got lucky, two defensive errors cost us in the end and a lucky strike from Berbaflop, thats football for ya, they had the rub of the green yet again, had we been stronger and had a bit more quality it would have been different, but once again we have to swallow hard and accept that lack of investment cost us another 3pts, we need to start being more consistant its clear that Roy has his hands tied and can only work with what he's got, stop f***in about and have a settled eleven, build confidence, this would be my selection for the next few games;

Reina
                                    Kelly  Carra   Agger   Konch
                                             Gerrard   Meireles
                                        Babel      Cole      Jova
                                                    Torres
                                                                  Bench; Jones, Skirtle, Aurelio,Lucas, Ngog
                                                                             Pacheco, Spearing
        Obviously when Kuyt returns I would swap jova with Babel and have Kuyt on the right.

I agree totally with your post,the thing that annoys me with our passing game is it is either too flat or goes back,when we have possession we do not seem to be able to penetrate the opposition with a long forward pass.Oh for an Alonso and so many of our former players who knew how to split a defence wide open.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1056: Sep 20, 2010 09:56:38 pm
      I agree totally with your post,the thing that annoys me with our passing game is it is either too flat or goes back,when we have possession we do not seem to be able to penetrate the opposition with a long forward pass.Oh for an Alonso and so many of our former players who knew how to split a defence wide open.
      Yeah you are right Billy, instead of signing players such as Poulsen, Meireles, Jova we should targeting players like Silva, Xabi, Iniesta a whole different class of player, even Spurs are signing better quality, thats a sad indictment of those two bas**rds running LFC.

Quick Reply