Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 336444 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4955 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #368: Oct 12, 2011 10:56:56 pm
      Liverpool FC Latest / Transfer News / Rumours / Scores
      So lfc have plans drawn up that would see them stay at anfield with the new capacity being 65,000..is it enough and a good idea? whats your thoughts fellow reds?

That's the ideal option for me.

I'd much rather have a slightly smaller stadium and not have to leave Anfield
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #369: Oct 13, 2011 12:03:02 am
      Liverpool FC Latest / Transfer News / Rumours / Scores
      So lfc have plans drawn up that would see them stay at anfield with the new capacity being 65,000..is it enough and a good idea? whats your thoughts fellow reds?

I think it would be the best solution if it's possible, and if we can fit in enough "money box's" for the corporate crowd. Would be great to stay at Anfield, but we would still have the transport problems to overcome.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #370: Oct 13, 2011 06:54:55 pm
      Sorry Mac Red, it still looks like an ordinary bowl design and we are not an ordinary club therefore should not have an ordinary design.

That design is anything but ordinary ... I hate the fact that the roof is transparent, but it probably has to be that way because of the pitch management ... With a small adjustment, by removing the disabled platform at one end, you get a huge single-tiered Kop ... Take another look at that picture, and imagine the atmosphere in there, with 60,000 LFC supporters ...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #371: Oct 13, 2011 07:48:45 pm

That design is anything but ordinary ... I hate the fact that the roof is transparent, but it probably has to be that way because of the pitch management ... With a small adjustment, by removing the disabled platform at one end, you get a huge single-tiered Kop ... Take another look at that picture, and imagine the atmosphere in there, with 60,000 LFC supporters ...

Minus 3,000 for the away allocation. It's still a sh*t design, looks too much like the emirates, therefore i'm out!

And why would you want to remove the disabled platform?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #372: Oct 13, 2011 08:46:36 pm
      Minus 3,000 for the away allocation. It's still a sh*t design, looks too much like the emirates, therefore I'm out!

And why would you want to remove the disabled platform?
      If you look closer, it looks nothing like the Emirates on the inside ... Here is the cross-section of the Emirates ...

The Emirates have the same cross-section throughout the entire stadium ...

And here are the cross-sections of the original AFL design ...

As you could notice, the AFL original design had 2 completely different types of stands ... The side stands were two-tiered, with the corporate boxes included ... The stands behind the goals had no corporate boxes, and only the disabled platform was discontinuing the stands ... As I have said above, the removal of the disabled platform behind one of the goals would create a big single-tiered Kop ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #373: Oct 13, 2011 08:52:03 pm
      As you could notice, the AFL original design had 2 completely different types of stands ... The side stands were two-tiered, with the corporate boxes incorporated ... The stands behind the goals had no corporate boxes, and only the disabled platform was discontinuing the stands ... As I have said above, the removal of the disabled platform behind one of the goals would create a big single-tiered Kop ...

It is still effectively a single-tiered stand, the disabled platform is probably so those in wheelchairs still feel a part of the kop, which is only right.

Still don't like the design.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #374: Oct 13, 2011 09:17:58 pm
      It is still effectively a single-tiered stand, the disabled platform is probably so those in wheelchairs still feel a part of the kop, which is only right.
      Yes, the stands behind the goals are single tiered, and you could move the disabled platform lower down the stand (at ground level), so you don't discontinue the dynamics of the stand ...

Can you recognize from what stadium are these cross-sections ? Very similar structure to the original AFL design ...

Longer stands (side stands):

Shorter stands (behind the goals):

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #375: Oct 13, 2011 09:25:05 pm
      Yes, the stands behind the goals are single tiered, and you could move the disabled platform lower down the stand (at ground level), so you don't discontinue the dynamics of the stand ...
      Can you recognize from what stadium are these cross-sections ? Very similar structure to the original AFL design ...

Longer stands (side stands):

Shorter stands (behind the goals):

Do you think I really give a F**k?

I. Don't. Like. The. F***ing. Design. Comprende!!

What have you got against the disabled, you arlarse. Why should they be at ground level? The world has moved on you know lid, you do know they have a raised platform in the Paddock don't you, so they are no longer at ground level.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #376: Oct 13, 2011 09:30:27 pm
      Do you think I really give a f**k?

And people accuse me of not being able to debate reasonably ...  :lmao:

What have you got against the disabled, you arlarse. Why should they be at ground level? The world has moved on you know lid, you do know they have a raised platform in the Paddock don't you, so they are no longer at ground level.

I have nothing against the disabled ... They should have their elevated platforms on the other 3 stands, but as I have said, at the Kop they should be closer to the ground level, so the Kop remains single-tiered and keeps it's dynamics ...
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #377: Oct 13, 2011 09:33:54 pm
      If we are going to build a new stadium why not just recreate a replica of Anfield on a larger scale, with obviously extra boxes added in too. Would keep it unique and not like these modern "bowl" type souless grounds that are popping up everywhere.

For example, currently the capacity per stands are:

Kop 12409 - increase to 17,000
      Centenary 11762 increase to 15,500
      Annie Road 9074 - increase to 12,000
      Main Stand 12277 - increase to 15,500

A 60,000 modern new Anfield  :)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #378: Oct 13, 2011 09:37:30 pm
      If we are going to build a new stadium why not just recreate a replica of Anfield on a larger scale, with obviously extra boxes added in too. Would keep it unique and not like these modern "bowl" type souless grounds that are popping up everywhere.

For example, currently the capacity per stands are:

Kop 12409 - increase to 17,000
      Centenary 11762 increase to 15,500
      Annie Road 9074 - increase to 12,000
      Main Stand 12277 - increase to 15,500

A 60,000 modern new Anfield  :)

Because it would not meet the safety regulations for new stadiums ... As beautiful and mythical as it is, Anfield is an out-dated stadium, in terms of modern day stadium safety regulations ...
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #379: Oct 13, 2011 09:39:15 pm
      Because it would not meet the safety regulations for new stadiums ... As beautiful and mythical as it is, Anfield is an out-dated stadium, in terms of modern day stadium safety regulations ...

Obviously, they would have to be implemented into the design.....just as would a Main Stand with no pillars etc.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #380: Oct 13, 2011 10:03:49 pm
      And people accuse me of not being able to debate reasonably ...  :lmao:

This isn't a debate, you keep coming back with all kinds of sh*t pics and whatever.

I gave you my opinion, I do not like the 'parrybowl' design and you with all your smart answers won't change that.

okey-dokey!!

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #381: Oct 13, 2011 10:06:32 pm
      Obviously, they would have to be implemented into the design.....just as would a Main Stand with no pillars etc.
      Nah, it would look weird and artificial ... I agree that we should pursue a 4-stand design, but building a new Anfield on a bigger scale is not the solution ... Funny enough, the latest "classic" design for a new stadium over 50,000 seats was the Bitters' Tesco Dome in Kirkby ...

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4955 
      Reply #382: Oct 13, 2011 11:30:55 pm
      I agree that we should pursue a 4-stand design

Yet you continue to post countless posters of that bowl style stadium that only you seems to think is a 4 stand design.

Strange.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #383: Oct 13, 2011 11:38:03 pm
      Yet you continue to post countless posters of that bowl style stadium that only you seems to think is a 4 stand design.

Strange.
      I have already elaborated why the original AFL design isn't a typical bowl ... If you can't understand, nothing can be done there ... Anyway, here is one of my favorite 4-stand concepts ... The new Independiente stadium ...

suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #384: Oct 14, 2011 01:41:01 am
      I have already elaborated why the original AFL design isn't a typical bowl ... If you can't understand, nothing can be done there ... Anyway, here is one of my favorite 4-stand concepts ... The new Independiente stadium ...

it looks good mate. at the moment am not that bothered  what the thing looks like. we need to get a 60/65,000 seater stadium if we are to compete with our rivals.  it would be great to have a cosmically good looking stadium but its not the be all and end all
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #385: Oct 14, 2011 03:18:22 pm

Not too keen myself mate, looks like it was made out of Lego. I doubt many would agree with my choices though, sadly I like the bowl design :(
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #386: Oct 14, 2011 06:48:21 pm
      Not too keen myself mate, looks like it was made out of Lego. I doubt many would agree with my choices though, sadly I like the bowl design :(
      Once it is fully finished, it will be an amazing stadium ... I especially like the idea of the corner towers ... Not only that they represent the perfect match-day hospitality facilities, but they also provide most of the support for the roof, making the further capacity upgrades to the stadium much easier and cheaper ...

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #387: Oct 14, 2011 07:35:44 pm
      Do you think I really give a f**k?

:)  :laugh:  :D

Fuuuckin hell man I have just pebble dashed me laptop in wan-ton soup.

Funny that.

Top drawer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4955 
      Reply #388: Oct 14, 2011 07:53:12 pm
      I have already elaborated why the original AFL design isn't a typical bowl ...

Not a typical bowl but a bowl nonetheless.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #389: Oct 14, 2011 08:08:45 pm
      Not a typical bowl but a bowl nonetheless.
      That design would have looked much better from the outside, if AFL have used the corner towers to support the roof (like they did at the Peter Mokaba Stadium), instead of using the huge masts and cables ...

That would have allowed them to make upper stands with a different shape, and the bowl effect would have been lost completely ...
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #390: Oct 15, 2011 08:19:46 am

Anyone?

Quick Reply