Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 337632 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #483: May 04, 2012 11:20:50 am
      New Anfield plans released:

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #484: May 04, 2012 11:34:08 am
      The most interesting point regarding the account's is that the plans for the 'Old New Anfield' are stil llive, and to be honest although it wa designed by an Manc it's still the nicest set of designs...

Lets hope that now the bill for the last set of designs has been submitted the new proposal can go ahead. If we have to wait another season I will be a bit upset...
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #485: May 04, 2012 03:30:56 pm
      The most interesting point regarding the account's is that the plans for the 'Old New Anfield' are stil llive, and to be honest although it wa designed by an Manc it's still the nicest set of designs...

Lets hope that now the bill for the last set of designs has been submitted the new proposal can go ahead. If we have to wait another season I will be a bit upset...
      I disagree, i think the Parry bowl stadium is like every other stadium being built everywhere right now and has no originality at all. I hope we stay at Anfield and re develop it than build another bowl stadium where your sat a mile away from the pitch.

No surprises Chelsea want to build a 60,000 stadium with a single tiered stand behind one goal housing 15,000 fans, sounds very similar to the Hicks and Gillett stadium design which to be fair looked like a hell of a ground! 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #486: May 04, 2012 03:31:37 pm

Now that would get the Kop bouncing.

Hee hee :D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #487: May 04, 2012 03:37:51 pm
      I honestly don't care if it takes another 5 years to go whichever way they decide to go but I would like some clarity on the situation very soon please Mr Henry.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #488: May 04, 2012 06:26:10 pm

Where's the bar?
      seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Reply #489: May 04, 2012 06:35:42 pm
      they should design a stadium that has 3 sides of the bowl design and then behind one goal a massive "new kop"
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #490: May 18, 2012 11:40:25 pm
      Rumours from a few weeks ago

LFC Transfer Update ‏ @TransferUpdate
      Exclusive: Liverpool are in talks with a Chinese company over naming rights for New Stadium. It's believed the deal is worth around £350m

Exclusive: Air China are the company who have offered in the region of £350m for Naming Rights for the New Stadium.

We can confirm that Air China, Standard Chartered, Puma and Riyadh Bank have all expressed an interest for Naming Rights for the New Stadium
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #491: May 18, 2012 11:44:15 pm
      I'd really like Warrior to sponsor the stadium.

Just imagine it,

This Is ANFIELD!

By WARRIOR
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #492: May 19, 2012 05:36:19 pm
      Would be happy to take any one who offers the most money. It's just a name at the end of the day.

About filling stadium, I think we can easily fill a 70000-seat if we're challenging for the title.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #493: May 20, 2012 05:08:40 pm
      I honestly don't care if it takes another 5 years to go whichever way they decide to go but I would like some clarity on the situation very soon please Mr Henry.

Yes. All this busy busy staff stuff going on .......how about a definitive "spade in the ground"  and where statement?

This is getting a little bit like ........................ ........................ ..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2869 
      Reply #494: May 20, 2012 05:15:16 pm
      Come on FSG, let's have some sort of update.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #495: May 21, 2012 09:43:40 am
      Due to planning restrictions and full permission granted at Stanley Park, the only viable option is a naming rights partner. Think it's the best way to be honest and this sweet spot that Ayre has been banging on about would be 65-70k in my opinion.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #496: May 21, 2012 11:41:17 pm
      What are the chances of Anfield being redeveloped? I'm sure it's very slim but is it completely out the question? If they are to make a new stadium, I think it is very important to build it around the atmosphere of the place.

Wasn't the old plans meant to 'retain and echo' the noise of the fans? We want to make this the most intimidating stadium of all time so an architecture that would be able to do that would be great.
      Peter McGurk
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #497: May 22, 2012 02:30:50 pm
      What are the chances of Anfield being redeveloped? I'm sure it's very slim but is it completely out the question? If they are to make a new stadium, I think it is very important to build it around the atmosphere of the place.

Wasn't the old plans meant to 'retain and echo' the noise of the fans? We want to make this the most intimidating stadium of all time so an architecture that would be able to do that would be great.

This is image is part of some studies into redeveloping Anfield. The intention is to be intimidating rather than 'pretty' by adding a 'heavy'-looking roof and making the Kop wider again (the height is constricted obviously). Not sure if I should post link but here is image anyway:

anfield_11012845kopmawr by Peter McGurk, on Flickr
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #498: May 22, 2012 03:52:26 pm
      This is image is part of some studies into redeveloping Anfield. The intention is to be intimidating rather than 'pretty' by adding a 'heavy'-looking roof and making the Kop wider again (the height is constricted obviously). Not sure if I should post link but here is image anyway:

anfield_11012845kopmawr by Peter McGurk, on Flickr

Welcome to the forum Peter, like the image and yes it should be intimidating and not pretty.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #499: May 22, 2012 05:42:54 pm
      Personally I think the Stadium announcement will be the icing on the FSG cake, all relevant posts that need to be filled will be before any announcement of the new build will come.

You can't communicate the communication of the new stadium without a Communications Director.

Who in their right mind would spend £300 - 350m on naming a stadium that could be hosting Championship Football next year? Not trying to be a dramatic tw*t by saying that, the wrong decision regarding the next Manager could be catastrophic.
      Peter McGurk
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #500: May 22, 2012 06:49:55 pm
      Welcome to the forum Peter, like the image and yes it should be intimidating and not pretty.

Thanks. Here is link to blog. http://petermcgurk.blogspot.co.uk/. It condenses pretty much everything I've had to say on Redevelopment versus New. Please delete if inappropriate.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #501: May 22, 2012 07:07:31 pm
      Personally I think the Stadium announcement will be the icing on the FSG cake, all relevant posts that need to be filled will be before any announcement of the new build will come.

You can't communicate the communication of the new stadium without a Communications Director.

Who in their right mind would spend £300 - 350m on naming a stadium that could be hosting Championship Football next year? Not trying to be a dramatic tw*t by saying that, the wrong decision regarding the next Manager could be catastrophic.

Cannot agree with you more, only question would be naming partner but doubt anyone would find out about that prior.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #502: May 22, 2012 07:35:16 pm
      Cannot agree with you more, only question would be naming partner but doubt anyone would find out about that prior.

I think FSG have proven they know how to keep it quiet when it's in-house, the only way anyone's found out anything up to now is when they deal with external sources.

If I had to take a guess where our external stadium funding would come from I'd say it'd have to be the Asian market so as to tie in with Stan Char and the work they're/have already doing/done out there. The guess work about Air China may not be that far off as an educated guess. Hopefully it's a 10 year deal but I can see it being more 15. The publicity and business they'd get in the Asian aviation market would be huge and the market's been tested with Air Asia, Etihad etc so FSG probably won't have to hard sell too much.

I just hope that whoever it may be and I don't care if we're cashed up by macdonalds, they announce it this Summer otherwise the 'spade in the ground' backlash will completely divisive.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #503: May 23, 2012 07:19:22 am
      Thanks. Here is link to blog. http://petermcgurk.blogspot.co.uk/. It condenses pretty much everything I've had to say on Redevelopment versus New. Please delete if inappropriate.

I've been engrossed reading that. Well worth a look.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #504: May 23, 2012 07:25:15 am

Only had a quick skim through but very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum, Peter.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #505: May 23, 2012 08:07:52 am
      Welcome to the forum Peter, I've got to admit to being it now seems, totally brainwashed by the new stadia lobby. The advantages not least the tradition aspect of Anfield were never clearer and in a pure footballing sense there is only one option.

Quick Reply