Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

An Apology and A Thank You To Martin Broughton

Read 21349 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: An Apology and A Thank You To Martin Broughton
      Reply #184: Nov 24, 2010 07:50:37 pm
      Crouchinho and Stuey you both speak as if the things you say are fact.

Do you have evidence that Martin Broughton did not do anything to affect the sale and that he did not work extremely hard during the sale process?

How do you know what he did behind closed doors and how much of the eventual outcome was down to his (and his team's) hard work?

Just a final point:

Why would BarCap hire such a leader in the field as Martin Broughton for a large amount in wages if he did nothing to impact the sale. Surely it would have been a lot cheaper to hire someone else who isn't as influential, or anyone for that matter (surely it wouldn't matter if they didn't have to do anything)?
      Broughton began as he meant to continue - kept his head down and said nothing with no indication of anything to justify his outrageous fee.
      He did as he was told and jumped ship when NESV got serious so nothing in that series of events would appear to promote unbridled gratitude, not forgetting that Broughton was part of the board that brought the club to it's knees.

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #185: Nov 24, 2010 07:54:38 pm
      I think I'll let someone else take over the debate as my blood is beginning to boil at the attitude of some people.

2 months ago we were on the verge of administration and about to go into oblivion, probably relegated and fu**ed over for the forseeable.

Now we're on a healthy financial footing and able to look forward on the pitch for the first time for years.

Let's hope Broughton got it right. For now I'll continue to back him for doing a good job in finding us new owners.

If it turns out in the future that NESV are just here to screw us over like H&G (I feel and hope this is doubtful) then I will happily then be the first to criticise Broughton et al for being the ones responsible for letting them in.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #186: Nov 24, 2010 08:04:47 pm
      That's not what we're getting at though. If NESV get it wrong, that is their fault because their history is sparkling clean. Broughton cannot be at fault for that, unlike Moores and Parry who could of done even a quick Google to see how horrible H&G were/are.

However the accolades he is getting is what some are against.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #187: Nov 24, 2010 08:12:14 pm
      I think I'll let someone else take over the debate as my blood is beginning to boil at the attitude of some people.

2 months ago we were on the verge of administration and about to go into oblivion, probably relegated and fu**ed over for the forseeable.

Now we're on a healthy financial footing and able to look forward on the pitch for the first time for years.

Let's hope Broughton got it right. For now I'll continue to back him for doing a good job in finding us new owners.

If it turns out in the future that NESV are just here to screw us over like H&G (I feel and hope this is doubtful) then I will happily then be the first to criticise Broughton et al for being the ones responsible for letting them in.
      We were on the brink of administration due in no small part to the indifference of the owners and the board to our plight.
      From previous form why should we believe that any of them had anything but their own arses to consider? with the lack of any information to the contrary it must be the case that Broughton has acted true to form and made a stash with speculation and heresay.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,732 posts | 7166 
      Reply #188: Nov 24, 2010 08:41:40 pm
      The PL have said we were not in danger of going into Admin .I lookforward to the day when we can just get back to talking about a wonderful football match or important result I am sick to the back teeth of endless speculation about a subject no-one bar a handful of people really know the truth.Broughton has gone,Hicks and Gillette have gone and Purslow has gone we have new owners who seem a lot more understanding of not getting carried away ( i wish they would at least get a bit carried away) roll on Jan with and a couple of new signings lets hopefully put this and the past few years behind us all of us get together and just support he football team.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #189: Nov 24, 2010 10:44:59 pm
      That would be a contractual issue though Stu not a performance related payment surely.

I was just saying it was a set fee, not a percentage he got.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #190: Nov 25, 2010 06:39:26 am
      I was just saying it was a set fee, not a percentage he got.
      Exactly mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #191: Nov 25, 2010 06:46:33 am
      The PL have said we were not in danger of going into Admin .I lookforward to the day when we can just get back to talking about a wonderful football match or important result I am sick to the back teeth of endless speculation about a subject no-one bar a handful of people really know the truth.Broughton has gone,Hicks and Gillette have gone and Purslow has gone we have new owners who seem a lot more understanding of not getting carried away ( i wish they would at least get a bit carried away) roll on Jan with and a couple of new signings lets hopefully put this and the past few years behind us all of us get together and just support he football team.

I think we can all agree to that mate. Hear hear.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #192: Nov 25, 2010 09:26:40 am
      The fact is tho buddy Broughton did very little to affect anything, NESV waited for an opportune moment to present itself when their prey was at it's weakest, and struck.
      The only thing I'd give Broughton credit for was stepping aside and letting the hunter claim it's prize, he did not have the power to affect anything to any significant degree.

he could have voted against the sale no?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #193: Nov 25, 2010 09:33:29 am
      Wait and see if he did a good joke way to early to say he did yet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #194: Nov 25, 2010 09:56:20 am
      he could have voted against the sale no?

He was RBS' advisory - he can't say no to a sale.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #195: Nov 25, 2010 10:13:38 am

and the plot thickens...

either way, h&g are gone, why we talking about the vampiritical, absolute f***nuts still?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #196: Nov 25, 2010 10:27:08 am
      Is correct mate, he could not blank the very process he was being paid handsomely to instigate - he had no choice but to make the deal materialise.
      To put it another way if he had not acted in an appropriate manner his agreed fee on completion of sale would certainly not be available, a sure incentive to ensure he did the "right thing" for his benefit as much as the clubs.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #197: Nov 25, 2010 12:37:00 pm
      Thank you for giving us Roy Mr. Broughton.  :angel:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #198: Nov 25, 2010 12:48:33 pm
      Thank you for giving us Roy Mr. Broughton.  :angel:
      And of course Mr. Broughton has our appreciation (not) for dispatching Mr. Benitez, irrespective of his previous assertions that Rafa's role at the club was not under threat, who do we apologise to for that?  
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #199: Nov 26, 2010 09:03:59 am
      Great Job Broughton.

(Even if you are a Chav.)

We'll let you off that one.

All the best wherever you go and thanks for the kind comments about us and the club.

and no.

Youre probably not a Quare.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #200: Nov 26, 2010 11:59:52 am
      It may have just been a bit of PR, but i really like the way he said "I've grown to love the club and it's been a privilege for me to have been here."

Really appreciate the work you have done Martin. Especially seeing as you had us on your back from day 1.
      liamlfc94
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #201: Dec 01, 2010 10:27:49 am
      Thank you Martin Broughton !!! Always be in liverpool fans hearts
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #202: Dec 03, 2010 12:44:19 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #203: Dec 03, 2010 01:47:14 pm
      Wont be raising a glass just yet to martin being he was part of a board that gave rafa the bullet.

Will only thank him once he apologises for that act unless he was told by nesv via back channels that a takeover would be unlikely if rafa was in charge with that vetoing power on transfers and they had to move him on.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #204: Dec 03, 2010 03:54:45 pm
       I can not thank MB as have just found out the New York Time are trying to sell their 16.6 % of NESV, who knows who we will end up with ?
       I never liked the fact we were sold to this group of investors and now I like it less,

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #205: Jul 21, 2011 07:52:11 pm
      Finished reading the end of Brian Reade's "An Epic Swinde" and it just reminded me what a shrewd, crafty individual this man was. With others we could have ended up with H&G Part II (I'm pretty confident FSG aren't that, unlike in October I am really confident they are the right ones now) or gone into administration.

I am forever grateful for the work he did and for the strings he pulled to make sure the club didn't go underwater.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #206: Jul 21, 2011 09:29:52 pm
      I can not thank MB as have just found out the New York Time are trying to sell their 16.6 % of NESV, who knows who we will end up with ?
       I never liked the fact we were sold to this group of investors and now I like it less,

Ah memories of times past

Quick Reply