Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2796005 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #33166: Apr 12, 2023 01:00:08 am
      Never believed Bellingham was coming here for one second!

Full of Shit Grinches
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #33167: Apr 12, 2023 01:43:19 am
      It's all a numbers game with this group. Super League, laying off non essential workers during the pandemic, and trying to trademark the name of a city. They only care about lining their pockets from this club. Some of yall can try and say this and that about FSG, but they've shown you who they really are over time.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #33168: Apr 12, 2023 02:06:23 am
      At least the club have realised we need more than 1 midfielder.

But what a waste of time “waiting for the right player” 🤣
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #33169: Apr 12, 2023 02:26:26 am
      At least the club have realised we need more than 1 midfielder.

But what a waste of time “waiting for the right player” 🤣

We “waited” for Tchoemini (however you spell it) and supposedly “waited” for Bellingham and in the meantime we signed F**k all midfield reinforcements, and will likely miss out on Top 4 and even Europa League. I don’t care who’s responsible, FSG or Klopp or Edwards or Gordon….they’ve fu**ed up. All signs point to the tight fisted owners, but who knows. If we get the same bullshit excuses this summer (no top 4 so no money for instance) it’s not going to bode well.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #33170: Apr 12, 2023 03:22:44 am
      We “waited” for Tchoemini (however you spell it) and supposedly “waited” for Bellingham and in the meantime we signed f**k all midfield reinforcements, and will likely miss out on Top 4 and even Europa League. I don’t care who’s responsible, FSG or Klopp or Edwards or Gordon….they’ve fu**ed up. All signs point to the tight fisted owners, but who knows. If we get the same bullshit excuses this summer (no top 4 so no money for instance) it’s not going to bode well.
      Yup, agreed 100%.

I said it in the Bellingham thread, I don't care if he comes or not, but all those ''we are waiting for Bellingham'', ''we are saving for Bellingham'' stories were clearly pushed by the club so its insulting when a few months before the start of the window the same journalists who pushed that crap are obviously given the new story to spin and its basically a big ''F**k you, we were just saying anything so people shut the F**k up''.

We are light in the midfield because we were saving up for Bellingham, but we also can't get him because he's gonna be ''expensive''. Where did the surprise about the price tag come from? It was also clear, about 4 months ago, that we needed much more than one midfielder so whats up with the sudden realization of something this obvious only now when we are a few games aways from the season ending and people's attention entirely shifting on the transfer business?. That's why some of the fans are so angry, it just constantly sounds like we are taken for fools and there's an evident lack of honesty in the communication that has creeped up in the last 18 months or so I would say.

FSG deserves all the sh*t that will be coming their way. I dont care about Bellingham. I want the issues in the team fixed, I don't care if its Bellingham or some lad I never heard of as long as the results on the pitch drastically improve. We need midfielders (2 if not 3), a quality center-half , a right-back to challenge TAA and I don't even think I would be exaggerating if I said a RW is not the craziest idea.

I also have to mention the constant chaos we have been swimming in for about a season and a half now. Our DOF is leaving at the end of the season, but we have no info on when exactly this is happening and no info on any replacement. Worrying considering we are going into one of the most important windows in recent times for this club. Not even gonna talk about the weird manner all of this unfolded with the lad announcing he is stepping down from the job left than 5 months into it. No club doctor for almost 50%+ of the season. It just all smells like chaos and very bad management and the results are reflected in the overall teams performances. Circus

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #33171: Apr 12, 2023 07:54:20 am
      Superb at PR this lot. Every year we get told about the ‘big summer kitty’ only to then spend like a mid table club and get told we are going to wait a year for our primary targets to become available. Then we distance ourselves from said targets and get told about the ‘war chest’ that Klopp will have only for the circle to repeat again.

Unless we break that cycle in a big way this summer (already skeptical since Plan A is gone in April) the tide will turn against this lot soon and they might have been wishing they put a more realistic valuation on us a few months ago.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #33172: Apr 12, 2023 08:04:00 am
      Gvardiol is going to be the new Bellingham, we won't sign a center back then wait for him just to be told he's 100 million so we can't afford him.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #33173: Apr 12, 2023 08:12:29 am
      What did we think the price was gonna be?...sounds like sh*te doesn't it. I'm not sure ?he could stay at Dortmund for another 12 mths?  I know most on here won't agree with me but we'll see.
      I'm not surprised at all, CL players probably won't come to us this summer anyway. Klopp will probably have ÂŁ100m to spend some of which will be raised by transfers.
      FSG are banking on Klopp transforming and developing players like we did with Salah, Mane, Gini, Fab and Robbo that's why Jurgens job will be safe with these owners .
      I'd love to know who Jude would like to join I think it was us...we've also made Stevie G look like a dick head now saying he'd " go and take Bellingham out for dinner in Dortmund personally ".....we were obviously never in for him or thought we'd get him for around ÂŁ80m or something.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #33174: Apr 12, 2023 08:12:55 am
      So it seems the “big spend” was only ever going to be £100m plus.
      Our squad needs a ÂŁ250 m revamp to get the number of quality players we need.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #33175: Apr 12, 2023 08:19:23 am
      Also that was bollocks about waiting for Bellingham not because of the price but because we had Keita, Milner and Ox all still on the books for another season taking a chunk out of the wage bill.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #33176: Apr 12, 2023 08:24:05 am
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #33177: Apr 12, 2023 08:29:32 am
      I'm not surprised at all, CL players probably won't come to us this summer anyway.

That's just an excuse the club will use, players will come but you just have to pay them the right amount of money.

All of Arsenal's recruitment has been whilst they have been out of the Champions League (Zinchenko, Partey, Jesus, Odegaard etc.) and United have signed Casemiro, Antony and Martinez when they were out of the Champions League.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #33178: Apr 12, 2023 09:00:33 am
      Awaiting incoming mail from L I P he will have the answers I’m sure .
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33179: Apr 12, 2023 09:27:37 am
      If the Bellingham stuff is true.
      Walking away from the price it was always going to be,
      after saying for two seasons you were waiting for the right player,
      and in the process missing out on other options to the point that
      you miss out on the Champions League.

Absolutely farcical stuff from FSG.
      If all that is true, not fit for purpose.

We'll see though.
      Wouldn't be the first time Liverpool were said to not be getting a player
      only for the player to be revealed.

From Bild:
       Although he still has a contract until 2025, he can leave the club for at least €150m.
      There are enough interested parties: In addition to Liverpool,
      Manchester City and Real Madrid are also hot for the English international.

€150 Million.
      Let's be real. That gets the club 3 players, which it badly needs.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2023 09:48:01 am by racerx34 »
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #33180: Apr 12, 2023 09:48:41 am

We'll see though.

As I said in the other thread. We are a complete shambles ... on the pitch, off the pitch and it's all down to these f*cking parasites who are trying to get out.

We sacrificed a whole season and lost out big time 'for the right player'. Problem is ... he costs money so that's us out.

Would you spend a wedge on a car and put major new parts in it only to then sell ... or would you just sell as is and let someone else spend the money?

An absolute mess. Top 4 away and gone and will only get stronger. We've well and truly been left behind.

And our recent record in the transfer market isn't great is it ... more misses than hits and I've no confidence this summer will be any different as we cobble together some spends and go for quantity/potential/average players who looked good against us over quality whilst the big guns at the top, already streets ahead compete for the best.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33181: Apr 12, 2023 09:52:34 am
      As I said in the other thread. We are a complete shambles ... on the pitch, off the pitch and it's all down to these f*cking parasites who are trying to get out.

We sacrificed a whole season and lost out big time 'for the right player'. Problem is ... he costs money so that's us out.

Would you spend a wedge on a car and put major new parts in it only to then sell ... or would you just sell as is and let someone else spend the money?

An absolute mess. Top 4 away and gone and will only get stronger. We've well and truly been left behind.

And our recent record in the transfer market isn't great is it ... more misses than hits and I've no confidence this summer will be any different as we cobble together some spends and go for quantity/potential over quality whilst the big guns at the top, already streets ahead compete for the best.

I don't think the recent signings have fit the club the way Klopp's signings have up until a couple of season's ago.
      Absolute madness to never replace Wijnaldum and then perpetuate the "waiting on the right player" line even
      when it was known Bellingham was always going to be circa €150m.
      That narrows it down to City and Real Madrid, not that Liverpool don't have a means to fund it, but won't.
      3rd highest finances last year. No ambition to match it.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #33182: Apr 12, 2023 09:52:40 am

We'll see though.

From Bild:
       Although he still has a contract until 2025, he can leave the club for at least €150m.
      There are enough interested parties: In addition to Liverpool,
      Manchester City and Real Madrid are also hot for the English international.

€150 Million.
      Let's be real. That gets the club 3 players, which it badly needs.

1) Waiting for the right player - it's the correct thing to do.
      2) Walking away and only paying the right price - that's also a correct thing to do

Viewed independently, both actions are rational and we can hardly fault any of the decision makers.

But viewed holistically and not getting any player for the sake of buying time in order not buy anything, you deserve to be shot dead.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #33183: Apr 12, 2023 10:11:02 am
      I don't think the recent signings have fit the club the way Klopp's signings have up until a couple of season's ago.
      Absolute madness to never replace Wijnaldum and then perpetuate the "waiting on the right player" line even
      when it was known Bellingham was always going to be circa €150m.
      That narrows it down to City and Real Madrid, not that Liverpool don't have a means to fund it, but won't.
      3rd highest finances last year. No ambition to match it.

United will make a big play for Bellingham. 120m will be put up ... no question. They'll get 4th this season and push on.

Bellingham is a rare talent. He has it all. And it seems he was keen to come here. But Liverpool are like a cocky boxer ... all mouth and pretend to be a big player ... then when nut cutting time comes we get pummelled and throw the towel in at the start of the first round. It's pathetic.

We will pretty much break even again this summer. Freebies and the likes of kellerher Philips and Williams will go out quickly for whatever we can get ... plus 1 or 2 you wouldn't maybe expect will also be sacrificed and whatever that amounts to will go on whoever it can buy. That's it ....

As klopp said ... I'm sure what we do this summer won't be enough for many ... alarm bells 🔔
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33184: Apr 12, 2023 10:20:07 am
      United will make a big play for Bellingham. 120m will be put up ... no question. They'll get 4th this season and push on.

Bellingham is a rare talent. He has it all. And it seems he was keen to come here. But Liverpool are like a cocky boxer ... all mouth and pretend to be a big player ... then when nut cutting time comes we get pummelled and throw the towel in at the start of the first round. It's pathetic.

We will pretty much break even again this summer. Freebies and the likes of kellerher Philips and Williams will go out quickly for whatever we can get ... plus 1 or 2 you wouldn't maybe expect will also be sacrificed and whatever that amounts to will go on whoever it can buy. That's it ....

As klopp said ... I'm sure what we do this summer won't be enough for many ... alarm bells 🔔

It's sad really.
      Missing out on TchouamĂŠni and Bellingham, while pissing away a few million on Arthur,
      which then ultimately will cost the Club 100 Million.

Sometimes you've got to speculate to accumulate. The owners should know that.
      I hope they have a good plan B because right now we need Salah levels of that sh*t.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33185: Apr 12, 2023 10:23:41 am

There’s not much talk ( so far ) in the United came any signs of Bellingham coming to us. If anything it’s City. 🤢 Can you imagine what this will do to our league if they get him? It will end up like the Scottish league with City involved every year and maybe one of the so called top 6 giving them a run. Let’s me honest too, it will only be a run as there in another league at moment. Once again they’ve come good at the right time. 🤢
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #33186: Apr 12, 2023 10:31:19 am
      There’s not much talk ( so far ) in the United came any signs of Bellingham coming to us. If anything it’s City. 🤢 Can you imagine what this will do to our league if they get him? It will end up like the Scottish league with City involved every year and maybe one of the so called top 6 giving them a run. Let’s me honest too, it will only be a run as there in another league at moment. Once again they’ve come good at the right time. 🤢

I remember at the time when city got their new money though that a lot of folk were pleased because it might stop united winning more….

Now they are a monster that can’t be slowed down…

As for bellingham, I never believed he was coming to Liverpool. Like Mbappe before him it was just drivel.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33187: Apr 12, 2023 10:31:28 am
      So what’s actually happened then to her everyone up in arms and toys being thrown everywhere 🤷‍♂️
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #33188: Apr 12, 2023 10:31:30 am

You will get him 120 million is nothing for you guys even with the Glazers with Qatar I can see you getting both Bellingham/Kane.

Quick Reply