Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2780625 times
      Millsy75 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,139 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31625: Sep 05, 2022 12:42:21 pm
      It also proves our point that had we spent a little more then itā€™s fair to say we would have another couple of trophies in the cabinet too.

Iā€™m not saying you shouldnā€™t provide more. Iā€™m merely stating youā€™ve done very very well with limited funds.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31626: Sep 05, 2022 12:43:00 pm
      Put your f**king glasses on nobhead.
      My post pointed out that the mancs have a global enterprise in place and LFC have similar and are not far behind

You are a master of f**king waffle.

You donā€™t half tie yourself up in knots - to even bring in the Mancs owners on any level of comparison is beyond embarrassing
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31627: Sep 05, 2022 12:46:42 pm
      That canā€™t be ā€œprovedā€ either way - we could have spent Ā£100mil more and still finished 1 point being and lost out in the CL - there are no guarantees

Thatā€™s very unlikely though, isnā€™t it.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31628: Sep 05, 2022 12:47:34 pm
      Iā€™m not saying you shouldnā€™t provide more. Iā€™m merely stating youā€™ve done very very well with limited funds.

I agree. And thatā€™s why theres frustration. Because it could, and should, have been more.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31629: Sep 05, 2022 12:48:21 pm
      Sometimes principles have to take a back step even though what you say is correct.

Sorry but there is always a level - there arenā€™t many ā€œniceā€ billionaires anymore , they all need to be ruthless to get where they are in life and they are all pretty damn smart

The model in the Premier League is fu**ed -the minute Abramovich is walked then it became a rich manā€™s toy and to get success needed deep pockets

The Middle East oil money just added into it

City we knew have been cheating - they hide their ā€œself sponsershipā€

So I have no issues with my club doing it in what I believe is the right way to run things

Sustainable, only spend the money the club and find a working FFP model

That maybe fantasy land but Iā€™ll take winning that way every day over the payment way
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #31630: Sep 05, 2022 12:50:32 pm

You donā€™t half tie yourself up in knots - to even bring in the Mancs owners on any level of comparison is beyond embarrassing

Where is the comparison Nobby?
      Once again I say that the mancs have global enterprise and LFC is catching up; by definition of the word 'comparison' that statement does not qualify as such.

Once again you excel yourself in the waffle dept.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31631: Sep 05, 2022 12:50:32 pm
      Sorry but there is always a level - there arenā€™t many ā€œniceā€ billionaires anymore , they all need to be ruthless to get where they are in life and they are all pretty damn smart

The model in the Premier League is fu**ed -the minute Abramovich is walked then it became a rich manā€™s toy and to get success needed deep pockets

So I have no issues with my club doing it in what I believe is the right way to run things

That maybe fantasy land but Iā€™ll take winning that way every day over the payment way

You hide behind the pandemic but their model was no different before?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31632: Sep 05, 2022 12:55:01 pm
      Thatā€™s very unlikely though, isnā€™t it.

But itā€™s impossible to judge - anything can happen , did we lose the league and CL last season because we didnā€™t spend enough ? Or was it moments in single games - ref decisions , a player mistake , a bounce of a ball here and there , a GK on fire ?

City spent the earth and just scraped past us and still canā€™t win a CL

Utd spent even more and couldnā€™t even get CL football

There is no guarantees

And thatā€™s why imo is always lazy that transfers get pointed towards when we just miss out

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31633: Sep 05, 2022 12:58:27 pm
      You hide behind the pandemic but their model was no different before?

I know there model was no different before 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

No one has said a thing different?

And no one is hiding behind anything - itā€™s just a fact that the club lost money through the pandemic and in a club that relies on income is going to have to balance that

But what does that have to do with not wanting the club to be run like City etc
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31634: Sep 05, 2022 01:00:17 pm
      But itā€™s impossible to judge - anything can happen , did we lose the league and CL last season because we didnā€™t spend enough ? Or was it moments in single games - ref decisions , a player mistake , a bounce of a ball here and there , a GK on fire ?

City spent the earth and just scraped past us and still canā€™t win a CL

Utd spent even more and couldnā€™t even get CL football

There is no guarantees

And thatā€™s why imo is always lazy that transfers get pointed towards when we just miss out

And what about any of the times we had injuries, suspensions maybe, players off form, players who are tired and need a rest, players to compete for shirts and raise their game to an even higher level, players to come off from the bench to either see the game out or to go and win it for us and so on.

Impossible to judge yes, but itā€™s still fair to say had we spent more then itā€™s very likely we would have gotten over the line on more than one occasion. Seems odd to me that youā€™re arguing that. 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31635: Sep 05, 2022 01:03:03 pm
      I know there model was no different before 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

No one has said a thing different?

And no one is hiding behind anything - itā€™s just a fact that the club lost money through the pandemic and in a club that relies on income is going to have to balance that

But what does that have to do with not wanting the club to be run like City etc

But you consistently hide behind the pandemic stating a reason FSG donā€™t spend is because they made losses during covid / empty stadiums.

Why didnā€™t they spend before covid with full stadiums then?

Why wonā€™t they spend once weā€™re fully out of the pandemic and those losses have been recouped?

So itā€™s just a pointless thing mentioning the pandemic. Nothing was different before and nothing will change after.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #31636: Sep 05, 2022 01:04:51 pm

F***ing L,  who said anything about deep pockets, billionaires walking, Middle East oil money and F**k knows what?

FSG have never got their hands in their pocket since they acquired the club.
      Once again a lack of quality in depth will ruin our campaign and never mind the horseshit  about JĆ¼rgen and FSG being the best of friends!

We need a midfielder as a priority, no loan jobs or potential, we need JWH to get his hand in his pocket and break the habit of a lifetime - sell to buy is not an option for a good result.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31637: Sep 05, 2022 01:08:59 pm
      And what about any of the times we had injuries, suspensions maybe, players off form, players who are tired and need a rest, players to compete for shirts and raise their game to an even higher level, players to come off from the bench to either see the game out or to go and win it for us and so on.

We have just gone through a season where we have a squad deep enough to challenge for every single trophy on offer and played every single game we could- those players coming off the bench etc were clearly good enough to allow us to do that - no other club has managed it before

Impossible to judge yes, but itā€™s still fair to say had we spent more then itā€™s very likely we would have gotten over the line on more than one occasion. Seems odd to me that youā€™re arguing that.

Maybe but itā€™s not a guarantee is it - you canā€™t state that itā€™s a ā€œprovenā€ when it clearly canā€™t be - there are a hell of lot of signings out there that have shown that money spent doesnā€™t guarantee you anything.

It seems some just default to the same reason or excuse when we donā€™t win - transfers

We didnā€™t just miss out on the league and CL last season because we didnā€™t sign someone else in the summer and Jan
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,139 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31638: Sep 05, 2022 01:09:09 pm
      I agree. And thatā€™s why theres frustration. Because it could, and should, have been more.

FSG donā€™t like to break their structure and live within their means. Frustrating as a fan I totally agree. However, from a corporate perspective youā€™d struggle to disagree. Iā€™m a fan though so Iā€™ll disagree.  ;D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31639: Sep 05, 2022 01:12:37 pm
      We have just gone through a season where we have a squad deep enough to challenge for every single trophy on offer and played every single game we could- those players coming off the bench etc were clearly good enough to allow us to do that - no other club has managed it before

Maybe but itā€™s not a guarantee is it - you canā€™t state that itā€™s a ā€œprovenā€ when it clearly canā€™t be - there are a hell of lot of signings out there that have shown that money spent doesnā€™t guarantee you anything.

It seems some just default to the same reason or excuse when we donā€™t win - transfers

We didnā€™t just miss out on the league and CL last season because we didnā€™t sign someone else in the summer and Jan

How do you know? As you say it canā€™t be proven. But itā€™s still more likely had we brought in another player or two we would havenā€™t gotten over the line and might have even won the lot.

What use was ox to us last season? If we binned him and brought in any decent midfielder would that have made even the slightest bit of difference in our favour? Probably. And where the margins that thin that even the slightest improvement to our squad might have seen us over the line? Yes.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31640: Sep 05, 2022 01:12:39 pm
      But you consistently hide behind the pandemic stating a reason FSG donā€™t spend is because they made losses during covid / empty stadiums.

Why didnā€™t they spend before covid with full stadiums then?

Why wonā€™t they spend once weā€™re fully out of the pandemic and those losses have been recouped?

So itā€™s just a pointless thing mentioning the pandemic. Nothing was different before and nothing will change after.

The club are spending - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/financial-information

Itā€™s all in the accounts - the club do spend , just because they donā€™t spend Ā£100ā€™s mil on transfers doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t spending money

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1387289822415441921?s=21&t=drrb8Kxj9YRqxSGuysiFsQ

The last accounts showed the club made a loss

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,139 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31641: Sep 05, 2022 01:12:54 pm

Old school thinking, Iā€™m also old school as you know so hard to disagree. However, everyone trying to teach me this so called new norm. As itā€™s now the new norm to get rich oil merchants Iā€™m struggling to keep my principles in place.   :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31642: Sep 05, 2022 01:13:40 pm
      F***ing L,  who said anything about deep pockets, billionaires walking, Middle East oil money and f**k knows what?

FSG have never got their hands in their pocket since they acquired the club.
      Once again a lack of quality in depth will ruin our campaign and never mind the horseshit  about JĆ¼rgen and FSG being the best of friends!

We need a midfielder as a priority, no loan jobs or potential, we need JWH to get his hand in his pocket and break the habit of a lifetime - sell to buy is not an option for a good result.

Once again with the line about the owners spending their own personal wealth

Itā€™s not going to happen so Iā€™m not sure why you keep going on about 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31643: Sep 05, 2022 01:14:57 pm
      Old school thinking, Iā€™m also old school as you know so hard to disagree. However, everyone trying to teach me this so called new norm. As itā€™s now the new norm to get rich oil merchants Iā€™m struggling to keep my principles in place.   :lmao:

It is old school but Iā€™ll take it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,139 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31644: Sep 05, 2022 01:16:34 pm

It is old school but Iā€™ll take it

Me too but does the ideal world still exist?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 787 
      Reply #31645: Sep 05, 2022 01:18:21 pm
      This thread is like trying to get through War and Peace (The novel)
      It's become very clear there isn't going to be a settled agreement on this forum about FSG investment strategy...As there would be no agreement with any fanbase about player recruitment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,147 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31646: Sep 05, 2022 01:20:33 pm
      Me too but does the ideal world still exist?

Yes - if you have the right structure and personal in place at the key roles and areas
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,139 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31647: Sep 05, 2022 01:23:05 pm
      This thread is like trying to get through War and Peace (The novel)
      It's become very clear there isn't going to be a settled agreement on this forum about FSG investment strategy...As there would be no agreement with any fanbase about player recruitment.

Best post on here from the last 30 pages.  :lmao: Wish we had a button that we could ignore thread as well as individuals  :lmao:

Quick Reply