Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795180 times
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts |
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #161: Oct 15, 2010 07:44:45 pm
      This is faaantttastic!!

We can actually watch mathces again and focus on football, and not when we get rid of the th**t owners!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #162: Oct 15, 2010 07:46:16 pm
      :lmao: @ SaveLiverpoolFC... poor guy is probably sitting in the 1991 Candy strip rocking slowly back and forth in a darkened room
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #163: Oct 15, 2010 07:47:17 pm
      Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! we don't have to mention those tw*ts again hopefully !i did like what John Henry said though .. we are here to win whatever it takes !!..really hope NESV are the real deal .what the hell i'm gonna get arsoled tonight !!! YNWA
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #164: Oct 15, 2010 07:47:35 pm
      I think he is probably standing all alone outside of Anfield protesting :D
      Haha. Made me think of this:

SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #165: Oct 15, 2010 07:47:58 pm
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #166: Oct 15, 2010 07:48:31 pm
      i'm made up the tw*ts have gone but not getting carried with new owners. if broughton's right and these are the right owners then we've got years of enjoying football again
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #167: Oct 15, 2010 07:49:15 pm
      :lmao: @ SaveLiverpoolFC... poor guy is probably sitting in the 1991 Candy strip rocking slowly back and forth in a darkened room

Oi!

I had that kit! Don't disrespect the pointy triangles! :D

priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #168: Oct 15, 2010 07:50:54 pm
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #169: Oct 15, 2010 07:51:24 pm
      Oi, still got the original.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #170: Oct 15, 2010 07:53:35 pm
      :lmao: @ SaveLiverpoolFC... poor guy is probably sitting in the 1991 Candy strip a puddle of his own rage rocking slowly back and forth in a darkened room

fixed...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #171: Oct 15, 2010 07:53:53 pm

:laugh:

Not far from the truth as far as he is concerned I'm sure!

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #172: Oct 15, 2010 07:57:12 pm
      Just watched this on lfc.tv

John Henry: The first interview

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/john-henry-the-first-interview

Liverpool Football Club's new owner John Henry has spoken of his delight after New England Sports Ventures completed their purchase of the Reds.

In an exclusive interview with Liverpoolfc.tv, Henry reveals his pride at the deal and explains why he believes NESV can lead the Club into an exciting new era.

First of all John, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thank you. I'm really happy to finally be here.

How pleased are NESV to be our Club's new owner?

We're incredibly pleased. Talking to all the partners in the States, they're extremely happy.

It's been a dramatic few days - what have they been like from your point of view?

It has been a dramatic few days, twists and turns, it's been stressful but finally we have it done and that was our goal and our hope. I'm extremely proud of this team that worked on this deal.

Were you always confident this deal would go through?

No. There were many days where I was wondering whether or not we'd be going home. In fact, even today I wasn't a hundred per cent confident. There were days where I was confident but there were a lot of twists and turns here. It was a terrific team - Martin, Ian, Christian - who did a tremendous job of managing this process and I'm just happy it ended successfully.

Now the deal has been done and we can look forward, do you see similarities between Liverpool now and the Boston Red Sox team you took over?

There are a lot of similarities and that was something we've been discussing as we started doing our due diligence. We found more and more similarities between Liverpool 2010 and the Red Sox of 2001. I won't go into them at this point, but for instance the stadium issue was a big issue in Boston in 2001 and we went in there not knowing what we should do, whether we should build a new ball park or refurbish Fenway. We have the same issue here. We have to listen, learn, talk to the community, talk to the council, talk with the supporters, but the biggest issue of all is really what makes the most sense for Liverpool long term.

We're going to have to work very hard. There's a lot of work to be done to get this club to where it needs to be in the grand scheme of things. We really, through all the work we've done over the last two months, saw the challenges and problems which exist and we've got to work to address those. There is a great nucleus here off the field and on the field and we think we can build from that, but it's not going to be easy. We've got real challenges.

Some Liverpool fans expressed concern when it emerged that their Club could be sold to a new set of Americans - can you understand those fears?

I can, I absolutely can. It's been a tough three years and there were a lot of expectations created, so one thing I'm going to try not to do is to create a lot of expectations. I'm going to hopefully rather than make promises, deliver. When I say I, I mean New England Sports Ventures. We've got a very strong organisation, financially and otherwise, we have some terrific strategic thinkers and we're going to be attacking this head on starting tomorrow.

A lot of Liverpool fans all over the world are very happy today - what's your message to them?

All I can say at this point is we're going to work as hard for you as we possibly can and there's no doubt about it, you deserve it. You have supported this club through the worst of times now and we're going to do everything in our power to make the supporters proud of their club and of us. It's a big challenge but I think we're up for that challenge.

I really like this fella and envisage good times under NESV.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #173: Oct 15, 2010 08:01:29 pm
      Oi!

I had that kit! Don't disrespect the pointy triangles! :D

Arn't all Triangles "Pointy"

Your Celebrating a little too hard arn't you? :D
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #174: Oct 15, 2010 08:02:56 pm
      Just watched this on lfc.tv

John Henry: The first interview

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/john-henry-the-first-interview

Liverpool Football Club's new owner John Henry has spoken of his delight after New England Sports Ventures completed their purchase of the Reds.

In an exclusive interview with Liverpoolfc.tv, Henry reveals his pride at the deal and explains why he believes NESV can lead the Club into an exciting new era.

First of all John, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thank you. I'm really happy to finally be here.

How pleased are NESV to be our Club's new owner?

We're incredibly pleased. Talking to all the partners in the States, they're extremely happy.

It's been a dramatic few days - what have they been like from your point of view?

It has been a dramatic few days, twists and turns, it's been stressful but finally we have it done and that was our goal and our hope. I'm extremely proud of this team that worked on this deal.

Were you always confident this deal would go through?

No. There were many days where I was wondering whether or not we'd be going home. In fact, even today I wasn't a hundred per cent confident. There were days where I was confident but there were a lot of twists and turns here. It was a terrific team - Martin, Ian, Christian - who did a tremendous job of managing this process and I'm just happy it ended successfully.

Now the deal has been done and we can look forward, do you see similarities between Liverpool now and the Boston Red Sox team you took over?

There are a lot of similarities and that was something we've been discussing as we started doing our due diligence. We found more and more similarities between Liverpool 2010 and the Red Sox of 2001. I won't go into them at this point, but for instance the stadium issue was a big issue in Boston in 2001 and we went in there not knowing what we should do, whether we should build a new ball park or refurbish Fenway. We have the same issue here. We have to listen, learn, talk to the community, talk to the council, talk with the supporters, but the biggest issue of all is really what makes the most sense for Liverpool long term.

We're going to have to work very hard. There's a lot of work to be done to get this club to where it needs to be in the grand scheme of things. We really, through all the work we've done over the last two months, saw the challenges and problems which exist and we've got to work to address those. There is a great nucleus here off the field and on the field and we think we can build from that, but it's not going to be easy. We've got real challenges.

Some Liverpool fans expressed concern when it emerged that their Club could be sold to a new set of Americans - can you understand those fears?

I can, I absolutely can. It's been a tough three years and there were a lot of expectations created, so one thing I'm going to try not to do is to create a lot of expectations. I'm going to hopefully rather than make promises, deliver. When I say I, I mean New England Sports Ventures. We've got a very strong organisation, financially and otherwise, we have some terrific strategic thinkers and we're going to be attacking this head on starting tomorrow.

A lot of Liverpool fans all over the world are very happy today - what's your message to them?

All I can say at this point is we're going to work as hard for you as we possibly can and there's no doubt about it, you deserve it. You have supported this club through the worst of times now and we're going to do everything in our power to make the supporters proud of their club and of us. It's a big challenge but I think we're up for that challenge.

I really like this fella and envisage good times under NESV.

Sounds positive and convincing. Henry really seems to be a knowledgeable businessman.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #175: Oct 15, 2010 08:05:14 pm
      Arn't all Triangles "Pointy"

Your Celebrating a little too hard arn't you? :D

Yes, and yes! :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #176: Oct 15, 2010 08:09:50 pm

Excellent, so much catching up to do. In fact my Glass is empty....

.... ahh that's better. Salute.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #177: Oct 15, 2010 08:12:23 pm
      To be honest, it really hasn't sunk in yet.

I really like how he is carefull not to raise expectation too much, but at the same time says all the right things.

In my experience, the kind of businessman who says little but concentrates on the process is the right kind of businessman.

I see this as a long term ownership, and not one that is out for a quick profit, but one that knows strong foundations are needed, and that time and care needs to be taken, which coupled with on field success will return a dividend.

Let's not kid ourselves here - these are businessmen, and they will expect a return on their investment, BUT if they do it in the right way, they will deserve their returns, which I believe will be secondary to continued success.

What I mean is that these guys don't want a return of x million in 5 years - they are looking at a profit over 20 or more years, and have a long, short and medium term plan to achieve this.

All I can really say is that they talk the talk - it remains to be seen if they walk the walk.

Words are cheap - bringing us back to where all of us want to be, won't be.

I am hopefull that they are as good as I think they are - but I'm not getting too excited about them just yet.

The biggest thing we have going for us now is that the texan tw*t and his mini-me have gone - we need to see if these guys take us forwards in the right way, and the way we all want.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #178: Oct 15, 2010 08:15:22 pm
      He seems nice, I won't be getting ahead of myself though.

Do the right things, John. That's all we ask.

Agreed I need to chill and not get carried away.  Just feeling overly positive right now :) 
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #179: Oct 15, 2010 08:27:12 pm
      Just heard on the radio that Liverpool's debt repayments will be down from 30m a year to just 3m

freeing up a 27m to spend elsewhere. Augero fro Athletico would be be a good start in January.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #180: Oct 15, 2010 09:04:58 pm
      Get in!
      After waiting so long for this kinda feels abit surreal. Welcome John and NESV.
      chihon25
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #181: Oct 15, 2010 09:14:34 pm
      It seems to be a great news.....
      For the past few days the situation was tense.....
      Now all the problem seems already solved.
      Hope with the new owner coming in our league position will be keep on inproving
      Very soon the number 19th LEAGUE TITLE will be back to ANFIELD
      More Champions League Title will be back to ANFIELD as well.....
      YOU'LL NEVER WAKL ALONE......
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #182: Oct 15, 2010 09:26:57 pm
      excellent.....ha ha
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #183: Oct 15, 2010 09:37:29 pm
      class quote from henry the other night - sorry for you people out here in the cold to journalists

Quick Reply