Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!

Read 20834 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!
      Reply #161: Oct 26, 2010 05:39:28 pm
      Cheers Daz appreciate the info.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #162: Oct 26, 2010 05:47:18 pm
      Honestly I hold no faith in any of these articles. They are all a dime a dozen.

I will believe these reports if and when they happen. Reina is and always has been a firm believer in Liverpool and the club. He is not the type of player to just say "F**k it" when the team hits a rough patch.  If he was going to leave it would of been when Rafa left. This article(s) is complete sh*t.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #163: Oct 26, 2010 06:45:08 pm
      No Debs just the impression that his position is under review.

As close as you can get if you remove the friend, the taxi driver and the hairdresser. ;)
      Ha ha, so your sleeping with John Henry's wife  ;)

Seriously, hope your right mate!
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #164: Oct 26, 2010 07:28:35 pm
      So Carragher was surprised Rafa criticized Hicks and Gillette would he preferred he said nothing. Was he afraid Rafa hurt Tom an Georges feeling.

You really need to keep your mouth shut Jamie because you ain't doing yourself any favours. The owners were f**king hated by the fans. Are you that far remove. I think somewhere along the lines Jamie has forgot he is just a player.

I'm f**king disgusted by them remarks to be honest. What would he have made of Bill Shanklys remarks about Everton.
      Well Guys Isn't Carra an Evertonian Fan? Of Course He Has Played Brilliantly for us until the last couple of years. But I bet If Fergie was the manager in which a 30+Carra was playing with his present display. Would Fergie play him or move him on. You Know I am not a fan of that Proud self-obsessed fergie but I have to admit that I respect him for being in control no matter what. Imagine he dumped Van Nisterlroy, Roy Keane, Beckham etc. And Scholes and Giggs are still playing because they can still perform. I wish we had a manager strong enough to be respected, and Roy's not the man. Coz he can't deal with top players because he is in awe of them because he has never seen so many good players up this close until now.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #165: Oct 26, 2010 09:05:52 pm
      Just do one Roy
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #166: Oct 26, 2010 11:42:50 pm
      Well Guys Isn't Carra an Evertonian Fan? Of Course He Has Played Brilliantly for us until the last couple of years. But I bet If Fergie was the manager in which a 30+Carra was playing with his present display. Would Fergie play him or move him on. You Know I am not a fan of that Proud self-obsessed fergie but I have to admit that I respect him for being in control no matter what. Imagine he dumped Van Nisterlroy, Roy Keane, Beckham etc. And Scholes and Giggs are still playing because they can still perform. I wish we had a manager strong enough to be respected, and Roy's not the man. Coz he can't deal with top players because he is in awe of them because he has never seen so many good players up this close until now.

I think best comparison of a Man Utd player would be Gary Neville, that douche is still around, hardly ever starts though, we should do the same with Carra.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #167: Oct 26, 2010 11:49:09 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/09/29/pepe-reina-lfc-need-time-to-adapt-to-roy-hodgson-s-changes-100252-27361628/

I mean what is that crazy bald guy up to? He tells us to get behind Roy and give him 3-6 month! Lynch him! Lynch him! Put him in the reserves and burn him on the same fire as Carra and Gerrard!

(This post contains sarcasm)

i just cant quite see it ;)
      can you point it out for me please?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #168: Oct 27, 2010 12:01:50 am
      I'm convinced that Roy did not choose the tactics on Sunday, as we reverted to type on 70 mins, and let a really, really poor team dominate the midfield.  If you want more of that stick with Roy.

I admire Carra for all his service, but he is one hell of a hypocrite for saying you should not criticize your boss and THEN go and talk to Bascombe as a 'source' from inside the club by dissing HIS boss.  Pure hypocrisy.  I'm sure many of the squad would resent him for his little chats with the press and for getting his family involved.
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #169: Oct 27, 2010 02:53:00 am
      Gerrard and Carra are asking the other lad's to keep faith in the most useless manager in our history, while they did they're up most to oust Rafa. Hypocracy beyond belief!

I love Gerrard and Carra for the service they've given the club but when two players have become bigger than the club then everything that Liverpool once stood for has been well and truly lost.

fedr1
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #170: Oct 27, 2010 07:41:06 am
      Hodgson just needs to do one, not good enough, simple as that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #171: Oct 27, 2010 08:11:44 am
      It could all fall into inisgnifance soon anywhere I'm privvy to some information this afternoon that Hodgson's managerial tenure could be under review, thats not from the kop your local cab driver or those who claim to be ITK either.
      I would imagine Hodgson"s position as manager of L.F.C. has been under review from the minute the takeover was finalised.He is on death row waiting for his execution and will not be reprieved,nor should he be after our disastrous start to the season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #172: Oct 27, 2010 08:49:31 am
      Cheers. Just didnt feel sure that it wasnt some forum poster on a wind up who had made up the quotes, but as long as you guys can confirm it, then its good enough for me.

Mmm, you're a very thorough bloke TTM. I like that; it's a pity that all the journalists, who trawl this forum looking for stories, aren't as dedicated to the truth. I digress. ...

...whilst it's only human nature to have a preference: professionalism should dictate that those "preferences" should not surface in the public domain. They're bound, by their very nature, to create division.

To be fair; that "division" hasn't been created directly by Roy. However in his role, as manager, part of his remit, surely, it is to create harmony. To date tho', his sniping at the squad and Benitez suggests to me that either he hasn't the ability to unite or he just doesn't want to. None of which paints him in a good light, sadly.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #173: Oct 27, 2010 11:14:37 am
      So its the local taxi driver's friend who knows someone who cuts the hair of John Henry's wife?  ;)

Just kidding, hopefully your source is right.

Btw. back on topic, anyone saw this a few weeks ago?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/09/29/pepe-reina-lfc-need-time-to-adapt-to-roy-hodgson-s-changes-100252-27361628/

I mean what is that crazy bald guy up to? He tells us to get behind Roy and give him 3-6 month! Lynch him! Lynch him! Put him in the reserves and burn him on the same fire as Carra and Gerrard!

(This post contains sarcasm)

To be fair to Reina & I did catch the sarcasm, he said the same about Rafa, but I think that's because he wants unity at the club - this guy, for me is the best 'Captain' we have at the club.  Plus, I saw a picture of him in a suit recently, looks a bit to much like Jason Statham in The Transporter, so I don't want to piss him off....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #174: Oct 27, 2010 12:26:19 pm
      Daily Mirror saying Reina  is believed to be unhappy that Hodgson is using 68-year-old former keeper Mike Kelly as part of his coaching team and he has been putting Reina through some training routines.(!)

Jason Statham ?

New name for Pepe?

No.

TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #175: Oct 27, 2010 01:58:56 pm
      Mmm, you're a very thorough bloke TTM. I like that; it's a pity that all the journalists, who trawl this forum looking for stories, aren't as dedicated to the truth. I digress. ...

...whilst it's only human nature to have a preference: professionalism should dictate that those "preferences" should not surface in the public domain. They're bound, by their very nature, to create division.

To be fair; that "division" hasn't been created directly by Roy. However in his role, as manager, part of his remit, surely, it is to create harmony. To date tho', his sniping at the squad and Benitez suggests to me that either he hasn't the ability to unite or he just doesn't want to. None of which paints him in a good light, sadly.
      True. I wont start speculating in who is on who's side, but I wouldnt be surprised if there is some division in the dressing room. After the on-pitch start of the season, and the off-pitch situation as well, I think its only natural. Some might be thinking "Hes a dead man walking anyways cause he was never first choice and only got the job due to the situation at the club, so why learn a new style of playing when he wont be here next season (at the latest) anyways. Lets speed up the process". Others might be thinking "F***ing christ, we need to get our arses out of the relegation zone! Good or bad manager, our best chance to win games right now is if we unite and play as a team and follow the directions of the manager, cause if some do and others dont, then we are sure to F**k up on the pitch". Nothing wrong with either approach I think. But you are absolutely right that its Roy's responsibility to create unity around his methods and his position and it doesnt seem like he has been able to do that. He needs to make the players trust his ability and methods and at least his lineups, tactics, substitutions and post match interviews havent done anything to help there I think. He seems to have alienated himself with some key players (allthough this is also still on a speculative level) and the team has looked even less motivated on the pitch than last season. So its very likely that there is some division in the dressing room, and it seems unlikely that Roy can reunite the team. The whole speculation about who is on Roy side and who is not based on those articles on page 1 is just ridiculous IMO.

To be fair to Reina & I did catch the sarcasm, he said the same about Rafa, but I think that's because he wants unity at the club - this guy, for me is the best 'Captain' we have at the club.

Agree, through good and bad times Pepe has by far looked like the one who didnt let results affect his mood and game. Just look at how his Arsenal mistake was forgotten immediately. But the Captain discussion is very... mmm... touchy subject IMO. Stripping a player of the captaincy, and especially a local lad like Stevie, can do a lot of harm to his confidence. On the other hand, he has carried a lot on his shoulders, and often very single-handedly, the last 5-6 years. He often looks mentally tired to me. If it wasnt because it would hurt his pride badly, I think it would be good for him not to carry the responsibility of being captain for a while.

Captaincy is for another thread though. Pepe wants unity and I see nothing wrong with that. If Stevie and Carra wanted the same (which we know nothing about), I woudnt find anything wrong with that either.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #176: Oct 27, 2010 02:43:15 pm
      Interesting short piece about Hodgson's media handling in the Mirror:

Five months ago I wrote this:  Why Roy Hodgson should stay well away from the Liverpool job.

For those of you too busy to read it, it was a piece arguing the case for why the former Fulham manager should not have touched the Liverpool position with a barge pole.

Hodgson is a good man, an excellent tactician and a very honest man. But with every day that passes the reputation that he reinvigorated at Craven Cottage is taking a huge kicking.

You can understand why he did go to Anfield. At 62 (63 now) he found it far too difficult to resist the lure of one of the giants of English - world - football.

But if he is to stay on Merseyside he will need a massive PR makeover.

If he starts getting questions about the job being too big for him, he needs to politely swerve them. Not show how hurt he is and start justifying himself by trotting out his cv.

It may sound strange this coming from a journalist, but he may even need a crash course in how to sound as though he is giving the fans what they want from the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Because you would never in a million years get Manchester United's finest admitting it would be hard to lose one of his strikers if a so-called bigger club came along.

And yet that is exactly what Hodgson did last week when he conceded he would struggle to keep Fernando Torres in the face of interest from United.

If you are resting players for a game ahead of one that is more important at the weekend, the fans don't want to hear you talking about how they have to put up with stiffs who are not quite good enough.

Talk them up! Big up the players who are deputising for the likes of the big guns, just like Arsene Wenger did yesterday with Jay Emmanuel Thomas.

To be perfectly honest, Hodgson cannot afford to be losing ANY games at the moment. Liverpool need momentum and that comes with a consistency of tactics and team selection.

Weighing heavily in his favour is the fact that Liverpool have never sacked a manager mid-season in their 117-year history.

If Hodgson is to continue that trend then he will have to review his way he deals with the media instead of biting on everything and showing he can be wound up.

Because the patience he would have had at Fulham is running worryingly thin at Anfield.

And while he could get away with playing down expectations in London the fans are most definitely not having it on Merseyside.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #177: Oct 27, 2010 03:00:48 pm
      So what Hodgson is saying ..... Don't worry, when we are favourites to go down with 4 games to go I shall pull off a miracle.

Well thats f***in reassuring

Quick Reply