Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!

Read 20833 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!
      Oct 23, 2010 10:39:14 pm
      Anfield divide! Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard lead fight to save boss Roy Hodgson from Liverpool revolt

EXCLUSIVE By IAN LADYMAN
      Last updated at 12:36 PM on 23rd October 2010

Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher are at the heart of efforts to stifle growing unrest in the Liverpool dressing-room about the capabilities of under-fire manager Roy Hodgson.

Should West Ham claim at least a point against Newcastle today, Liverpool will be rock bottom of the Barclays Premier League before Blackburn's crucial visit to Anfield tomorrow.

It is understood that several Liverpool stars - including striker Fernando Torres and goalkeeper Pepe Reina - are questioning whether Hodgson has what it takes to lead the Anfield club away from the relegation zone.

However, Sportsmail has been told that captain Gerrard and central defender Carragher believe the former Fulham manager should be given time to turn things around.

Gerrard and Carragher are the two most influential players at Anfield and are understandably concerned about a season that has plunged into disarray.

It is understood that they have personally told some of their teammates that they should keep faith with Hodgson's training methods and tactics, at least until Christmas.

Hodgson felt confident enough yesterday to laugh off claims he has fallen out with Liverpool's £21million record signing Torres.

'It's sad really that we should have to put up with things like this,' he said. 'People write the most ridiculous things on these websites, like I'm having fights with Fernando Torres. Just ridiculous.

Someone told me yesterday that they had me falling out with the rest of my staff, and then they had me resigning. I wouldn't take it too seriously, if I were you, I really wouldn't. The dressing-room, staff, everyone around the place is 100 per cent solid behind what we are trying to do.

'I am here to try to get Liverpool back to where they belong, but I can't do it overnight, when you consider what I walked into. I met the owners, and they made it clear they thought I had inherited a really bad situation but that I was the right man to put it right.

'I would agree that I am the right man to put it right. After three-and-a- half months, I haven't suddenly become someone who has lost all confidence in himself. What I have found is that I have taken on a difficult job at a club that needs a lot of sorting out, and unfortunately I haven't had a good start.

'But I had a bad start at Fulham, and we were favourites to go down with four games left. You have periods like that in your life that you have to live through. I can't say I am happy about it, but it's nothing a few victories wouldn't change.

'It wouldn't stop websites putting out ridiculous stories, but I will have to learn to live with that. It probably comes with the territory of working at Liverpool.
      '
      Hodgson has also had to contend with reports that his job is about to be offered to Frank Rijkaard, but Sportsmail understands the former Barcelona coach is in no hurry to return to management after leaving Galatasaray on Wednesday.

Family matters are taking precedence at his home in Amsterdam, after a week that has included the death of his father and birth of his first child with his current partner, and he is unlikely to consider  another managerial post until the new year.

Blackburn counterpart Sam Allardyce tried to ease the pressure on Hodgson by telling his old foe Rafa Benitez to accept his share of the blame for Liverpool's decline.

Allardyce, who often clashed with the Spaniard, said: 'As a manager, we live in the world of perception rather than reality. I feel for Roy and he's taking the brunt of the criticism, but given time he will get it right.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323009/Jamie-Carragher-Steven-Gerrard-lead-fight-save-boss-Roy-Hodgson.html

Gerrard and Carragher need to get it right. I know their heart is in the right place: Support the manger, but their head is totally in the wrong place.

With Torres, Pepe and the others questioning the manager's ability, you know all is not well in that dressing room.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2010 10:40:04 pm
      Carra and Stevie think they are bigger than the club. They need to be realistic.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2010 10:45:17 pm
      Their heart isn't in the right place. Support the club first, manager second. If the manager isn't right for the club, he doesn't deserve the support.

How the F**k they think he should be supported is beyond me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2010 11:02:32 pm
      Pile of F***ing sh*t that article, plus whoever Ian Ladyman is, he has previous with us from last season, the sh*t-stirring little c**t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2010 11:05:22 pm
      Pile of F***ing sh*t that article, plus whoever Ian Ladyman is, he has previous with us from last season, the sh*t-stirring little c**t.
      That'll do for me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #5: Oct 23, 2010 11:06:48 pm
      Pile of f**king sh*t that article, plus whoever Ian Ladyman is, he has previous with us from last season, the sh*t-stirring little c**t.

Agree.

We may speculate on the problems in the dressing room but to publish a story in a national newspaper without any credible sources or facts is poor journalism to say the least.

The name Ian Ladyman rings a bell Huyton can you recall what he said about us last year?
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #6: Oct 23, 2010 11:06:49 pm
      Pile of f**king sh*t that article, plus whoever Ian Ladyman is, he has previous with us from last season, the sh*t-stirring little c**t.

Your point exactly? Gerrard and Carragher have openly declared their support for Hodgson. Do you expect the other players to be opinion-less zombies?

Even we the fans know RH is Crap! The only players that support him are Konchesky, Poulsen, Gerrard and Carragher.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Oct 23, 2010 11:11:56 pm
      I preferred it when our manager had the two local lads out of their comfort zone. Now these players claim. . No quotes in that article. . To be happy they seem to have lost an edge
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #8: Oct 23, 2010 11:16:25 pm
      Amen brother.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Oct 23, 2010 11:19:58 pm
      Part Deux.

We're off! Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina and Glen Johnson seek Anfield exit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323260/Fernando-Torres-Pepe-Reina-Glen-Johnson-seek-Anfield-exit.html?ITO=1490#ixzz13DtjVUu8

Liverpool stars including Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres and Glen Johnson want to quit the club in January as morale hits an all-time low.

Manager Roy Hodgson's job is on the line as Liverpool meet Blackburn at Anfield today looking to escape the Premier League's bottom three.

The malaise is so great behind the scenes that even victory is unlikely to persuade the big names to stay under the current regime and new owner John W Henry, who cannot be present due to illness, will watch the game at home.

Players are aghast that Hodgson has put a 68-yearold, Mike Kelly, in charge of first-team coaching. Kelly, a former keeper with Wimbledon, Birmingham and QPR from 1958 and 1976, even takes Reina through his routines, to the Spaniard's disquiet.

Johnson, who could miss the game against Blackburn with a hamstring injury, has performed poorly under Hodgson and is aware Bayern Munich and Juventus are interested.

Most worryingly for Liverpool fans, they were stunned to hear Hodgson link Torres with a move to Manchester United before Wayne Rooney signed his new contract. Torres has failed to score in the last six games - equalling his worst run for the club - and has an awkward relationship with the manager

There is a feeling the Spaniard is not trying hard enough. Torres decided to stay in the summer after having discussions with Hodgson but he is understood to regret the decision.

Even Steven Gerrard has not been won over yet by Hodgson. The captain has mainly been deployed in a deep role but is likely to get his chance behind Torres today. Liverpool have failed to win any of their last seven games and Hodgson admits that after resting players in the 0-0 draw against Napoli in midweek, there can be no excuses against Blackburn.

Torres, Gerrard, Raul Meireles and Lucas did not travel to Italy while Jamie Carragher and Paul Konchesky were taken off early. Joe Cole, who has struggled to live up to his billing after signing from Chelsea, has admitted morale is so low at the club that any kind of victory would be welcome.

Henry planned to give Hodgson a trial until Christmas before making a decision on his future.

But things are unravelling so fast that defeat today could see them take immediate action.

This club is becoming a Soap Opera of East Benders proportions.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2010 12:38:58 am by RedLFCBlood »
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 23, 2010 11:27:00 pm
      Im not sure im convinced with any of these articles
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 23, 2010 11:30:51 pm
      The guy who wrote this may well have previous but he may have a point. I get the feeling Torres at least is fed up with Woy's going no where brand of let's hope we can draw football.

As for Gerrard and Cara. Of course their going to have the manager's back, I mean it seem's pretty clear to me that Cara n Gerrard had Purslow's ear and were key players in the hiring of our new great english coach who was apparently going to be more dignified and get us playing the Liverpool way with Gerrard where he want's to be, in the middle with a manager listening to his advise.

What a f*****ng joke!
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #12: Oct 23, 2010 11:31:25 pm
      The Smoke and fire proverb comes to mind.

With all these drama, it's clearly the wrong time for the Owner to be ill.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #13: Oct 23, 2010 11:34:33 pm
      He'll be gone soon, don't worry...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Oct 23, 2010 11:34:34 pm
      No quotes again, but if Im honest I wont relax about keeping players until Roy is gone. All the journalists have to do nowadays is read our sites and then throw some half arred article together in the name of scaremongering
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #15: Oct 23, 2010 11:39:55 pm

Exactly. Total Bollocks.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #16: Oct 23, 2010 11:42:21 pm
      Someone has to stop Roy Hodgson, we can't let him destroy our fantastic squad. We won't be able to get another striker as good as Torres anytime soon, same for Reina.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17: Oct 23, 2010 11:44:07 pm
      This a repeat, swear I read this story earlier in the week.  Hodgson has, at most, 5 games left & for me, the less, the better.   He has not inspired me or the fans in any way.
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #18: Oct 23, 2010 11:46:23 pm
      Someone has to stop Roy Hodgson, we can't let him destroy our fantastic squad. We won't be able to get another striker as good as Torres anytime soon, same for Reina.
      This sum's it up for me.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Oct 23, 2010 11:47:37 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised it it's true.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out star players probably regret staying or signing whether or not they have voiced it out or not. And everyday under a manager who has win sh*te trophies in his career puts our important players a step closer to leaving. And when do, the mountain will be bigger than it already is. Numbder 19 will be years away.

The players we have in the squad are good enough for great moments but it's up to the right manager to bring them to them.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #20: Oct 23, 2010 11:51:35 pm

Don't get me wrong. I know that LFC is not desperately in need of Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina and I'm sure sooner or later we would be able to replace them... but why risk losing them? They're both fantastic players, both of them love the club and they wouldn't want to leave if things weren't this ugly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #21: Oct 23, 2010 11:53:06 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised it it's true.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out star players probably regret staying or signing whether or not they have voiced it out or not. And everyday under a manager who has win sh*te trophies in his career puts our important players a step closer to leaving. And when do, the mountain will be bigger than it already is. Numbder 19 will be years away.

The players we have in the squad are good enough for great moments but it's up to the right manager to bring them to them.

I agree that there more than likely is a grain of truth in both articles.

My problem is that they will be passed off in tomorrows newspapers as fact when the reporter has not got any sources at all.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #22: Oct 23, 2010 11:57:53 pm
      Don't worry - he'll be gone soon...

Quick Reply