Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!

Read 20869 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Anfield Dressing Room divided over Roy Hodgson!!
      Reply #23: Oct 24, 2010 12:00:12 am
      All we all really know is what we see on the pitch. And it's nowhere near right these days. If there's one thing I know for a fact is that the manager, so far in his LFC tenure, has done very little to convince me he knows what he needs to do with the players we currently have.

It's one thing having a surviving mentality, but it's something completely different managing LFC. And the more this fella moans about things, the more you wonder how he hasn't had the boot yet.

But gutter press like the Mail will love to stir things up.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Oct 24, 2010 12:11:05 am
      And it's so wrong where it reads

"It is understood that several Liverpool stars - including striker Fernando Torres and goalkeeper Pepe Reina - are questioning whether Hodgson has what it takes to lead the Anfield club away from the relegation zone."

That's how lowly things have been because for Liverpool it should be

"It is understood that several Liverpool stars - including striker Fernando Torres and goalkeeper Pepe Reina - are questioning whether Hodgson has what it takes to lead the Anfield club to league glory."
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #25: Oct 24, 2010 12:30:02 am
      No, imo they all think he's sh*te,only the usual few will speak out.We have gotten used to have passion in our club(brought in by the Spaniards/Argentineans),now we have a "jelly mentality".Ffs Rooney's antics at the scum this week indicate the shallow mentality of some British players,add to that a gobsh*te Manager and it's a recipe for disaster.Clear the lot out now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Oct 24, 2010 12:37:55 am
      Heres episode III

Reina demands showdown talks with Kop - Exclusive

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-keeper-Pepe-Reina-puts-Arsenal-on-red-alert-by-demanding-showdown-talks-with-Reds-owners-NESV-over-the-direction-the-club-is-headed-article612013.html

Pepe Reina will hold showdown talks with Liverpool to seek assurances about the direction the club.

The developments will be watched by Arsenal who look certain to make a move for the Spanish goalie if he remains unhappy at Anfield.

Although Reina had a close working relationship with former boss Rafa Benitez he does not appear to have the same bond with new boss Roy Hodgson.

The Gunners interest in him is clouding issues and Reina is deeply concerned about the direction Liverpool are going in.

Agent Manuel Garcia Quilon will meet with Liverpool new owners NESV to thrash out the player’s concerns and resolve any immediate issues over his future.

Reina said himself recently that this is the worst experience he has had since joining the club.

His contract runs until the summer on 2016 so he won’t come cheap for Arsenal if they attempt to take advantage of his troubled situation.

It’s believed that Liverpool could hold out for as much as £20 million before they even consider allowing Reina to leave.

Notice its The Mirror all running with this and they seem to be churning out article after article regarding it, trying to stoke up fan feeling for tomorrows game.

They'd love a headline "Kop in Chants for Roy Hodgsons head."
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #27: Oct 24, 2010 12:41:10 am
      One positive that may come from these articles is that some of the clueless people in the media will begin to realise Roy is not the great manager they all think he is.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Oct 24, 2010 12:44:08 am
      So the papers are giving us the bullets to fire at Roy. Here I was thinking we were past the worst, when the club was taken over, alas the papers wont quit. Please John Henry remove Roy and let us get back to football. Then we will watch in disgust as the mancs plight is highlighted, all the while wondering why we got no such coverage and fought on our own.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #29: Oct 24, 2010 12:47:06 am
      I posted this in the other thread but it's relevant in here:

I viewed the 'getty image' pictures of our lads training on RAWK and every time I see the latest pictures the lads always look dead happy.

Rumours (that's all they are) have it that Gerrard and Carra had a bit say in the appointment of Roy. They even, I reckon had a back ground say in signing J.Cole and I'm starting to wonder if they're having too much of a say behind the scenes. The pictures for some reason (I can't put my finger on it) remind me of the England camp where hierarcal players look really cosy in training. We've heard Roy refer to his team A and B s.hite, the Kelly and Johnson comment and even after the game against Napoli the other night he refered to Nando and Gerrard as his 'marquee' players. Of course they are marquee players but I was quite shocked to hear a manager refer to his own players as 'marquee'. It perhaps is becomeing a dangerous stratospherical game when a manager starts making comments like this, and in the process of this all our 'marquee' players are getting their ego's rubbed, while possibly resting on their laurels. While the B teamers, the 'poorer' players start to get some kind of inferior complex about them and all in all, this is having a very negative affect on the squad and team's performances.

I don't know it may be far fetched but I reckon Carra and Gerrard perhaps didn't get their own ego's rubbed by Benitez where he seemed alot better at treating everybody the same without giving too much special attention to the 'marquee' players who now I reckon are lapping up the seemingly overt attention they're getting.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Oct 24, 2010 12:47:28 am
      I'd say basically they are running with stories that were on twitter 2/3 days ago, there is no quotes or real evidence involved so given that just as the rumours on twitter (One being that Reina would not play again under Roy before we faced Napoli), take them with a pinch of salt.
      miroa12004
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 24, 2010 12:53:37 am
      Reina demands showdown talks with Kop - Exclusive

Published 23:00 23/10/10 By Paul Smith

Pepe Reina will hold showdown talks with Liverpool to seek assurances about the direction the club.

The developments will be watched by Arsenal who look certain to make a move for the Spanish goalie if he remains unhappy at Anfield.

Although Reina had a close working relationship with former boss Rafa Benitez he does not appear to have the same bond with new boss Roy Hodgson.

The Gunners interest in him is clouding issues and Reina is deeply concerned about the direction Liverpool are going in.

Agent Manuel Garcia Quilon will meet with Liverpool new owners NESV to thrash out the player’s concerns and resolve any immediate issues over his future.

Reina said himself recently that this is the worst experience he has had since joining the club.

His contract runs until the summer on 2016 so he won’t come cheap for Arsenal if they attempt to take advantage of his troubled situation.

It’s believed that Liverpool could hold out for as much as £20 million before they even consider allowing Reina to leave.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-keeper-Pepe-Reina-puts-Arsenal-on-red-alert-by-demanding-showdown-talks-with-Reds-owners-NESV-over-the-direction-the-club-is-headed-article612013.html

There is no smoke without fire and I seriously believe these two reports about player's unrest, when you see the club finally sold and expect that developement will finally come only to see a joke of a manager telling you to forget everything about how you've played in the past and start playing the English way, I'm sure the likes of Torres and Reina will be unsettled espcially after winning the WC in the summer and dealing with World class managers before in Rafa and Del Bosque and then go here and have relegation fight with a no name manager who doesn't hesitate to defend his deafetest attitude and negative tactics and never defends his players againt other manager and often puts the blame on them for the dire performances and bad results.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #32: Oct 24, 2010 12:53:57 am
      I had enough of this sh*t. When Roy is sacked, I hoped we get a manager who could do a mourinho. I don't know if pellegrini is strong enough for it.

We need a manager who is strong enough to sell or make player like carra not in the team for every match. He is just not good enough to be doing so every week.

I would also love to have a manager who will tell our players especially the senior players to just know their role and just shut their mouth. No more interviews. No comments. Just give your all on the field.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #33: Oct 24, 2010 12:54:59 am
      So the papers are giving us the bullets to fire at Roy. Here I was thinking we were past the worst, when the club was taken over, alas the papers wont quit. Please John Henry remove Roy and let us get back to football. Then we will watch in disgust as the mancs plight is highlighted, all the while wondering why we got no such coverage and fought on our own.
      About right mate,the ownership issue was only one aspect of the problems.The removal of Rafa by purslime,against the majority of fan's wishes was always going to re-surface.With our un-precedented poor start to the season,this was always going to be the next media topic,(only delayed by Rooney's antics).This boil has to be lanced quickly by the new owners,or we will be in real difficulty.Purslime and Hodgeson have to go quickly,and new credible Managers have to be brought in.I personally would go with King Kenny as CEO,and Quiche Santez Flores as Manager.
      miroa12004
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 24, 2010 01:16:48 am
      I had enough of this sh*t. When Roy is sacked, I hoped we get a manager who could do a mourinho. I don't know if pellegrini is strong enough for it.

We need a manager who is strong enough to sell or make player like carra not in the team for every match. He is just not good enough to be doing so every week.

I would also love to have a manager who will tell our players especially the senior players to just know their role and just shut their mouth. No more interviews. No comments. Just give your all on the field.

Don't worry mate, either Pelligrini, or Rijkaard with Ten Cate as the second man can do this, Pelligrini always made some unpopular desicions that proved desicive afterwards, at Villareal he got rid of Riquelme (the team's star player) after he falled out with him, Riquelme was a bad infection in the dressing room, but he had to get rid of him, fans were angered, but this proved desicive as the team secured second place the season after Riquelme's dismissal.

At Real Madrid, he didn't have problems sitting Raul and Guti on the bench, something that even Fabio Capello failed to do, Guti, after a fallout with Pelligrini, was rested for three months, when he came back he fought for his place and played every match like his last, a player who usually didn't care about moving on the pitch and always had arguments with his teammates was now a totally different person and this is mainly because he knew if he didn't show enough commitement and put the team above him then he'll be rested for the rest of the season and shown the door.

He also didn't care if the new signings didn't impress or not, Benzema was rested in favour of Higuain, who was clearly having a better season, because the former didn't show enough to impress Pelligrini for a starting place, Kaka was benched after a fallout with him after the Lyon game, Kaka had to publicly apologize for his actions (as long as his agent's and his girlfriend's) before being granted a first team place.

Basically Carra won't stand a chance of survival under Pelligrini unless he changes his attitude.

And while Xavi described Frank Rijkaard as an excellent manager, he said that the Dutch was too nice to be a football manager, he is partially right, but if there is one thing that has made the Barcelona squad more disciplened and more succesful in Rijkaard's first three years than his last two, it is Henk Ten Cate being his assistant.

Ten Cate was seen as the bad cop in the managing team opposed to Rijkaard good cop status.Discipline and command were always handeled by Ten Cate, and after he left those issues were Barcelona's main problems for the next two years even with the introduction of Neeskins, another hard working Dutch, problem is Neeskins proved to be too nice like Rijkaard and players started not being arsed, espcially Ronaldinho and Deco while the dressing room was divided.

Ten Cate had a role with Chelsea afterwards during Avram Grant's reign, and even though at 2008, Chelsea didn't win any tournaments, they were close to a League and a CL double, this is mainly because of Ten Cate being Avram's assistant, Ten Cate was hated by the Chelsea players but no one dared to oppose him, even the Almighty John Terry was fined after an incident and after that acted accordingly, if Carra acted like today with Rijkaard as the manager and Ten Cate being his assistant, he'll be shown the door soon.

So don't worry about Pelligrini or Rijkaard/Ten Cate partenership, we all have to worry about OUR CURRENT MANAGER, who is basically sending us down the shiver, we should worry about giving him more time, turning us into a mediocre team and wanting us to believe that mediocrty is excellence, because simply the more Roy stays, the more our crisis deepens, the more our players will become alienated and it will be evident that we'll be heading toward relegation, Roy's future needs to be addressed quickly, I'm afraid if he was given time till Christmas, we've seen how West Ham played in the second half of the season in 2003 and still got relegated because of how tight the league was then, and if we gave him time till Christmas, I'm afraid it will be little too late to fix the problems he caused.

And I'm afraid we're showing signs of Blackburn circa 1999 and thats not a good thing, Roy needs to go out NOW.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #35: Oct 24, 2010 05:56:15 am
      Maybe you were both right, Stevie and Carra. After you both success a back stabbing and kicked out one manager it's not so grace to do it again in a short time of only 4 months.

Especially for Gerrard, my beloved captain and hero, one thing I always prayed for you and wishes you can fulfill your Liverpool player career as you said, a Premier League medal. With a bit good luck you could got it in May 2009 with a best manager in your life but it's not happen. Then after that you should try your best to help him to improve your team to compete again, if so now we got a new (and sounded good) owner they of course could support your dream but you were wrong you not try to keep the man who capable to bring success to you and your club. Now you're trying to defend a man who proved that not capable to work as Liverpool manager so how about your dream of EPL medal, or you already gave up ?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #36: Oct 24, 2010 05:58:33 am
      Didn't Reina say a couple weeks ago keep the faith, and give us time?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #37: Oct 24, 2010 07:43:01 am
      Didn't Reina say a couple weeks ago keep the faith, and give us time?

I think so,

Its hard for the players tho as they have to give hope to the fans that things can turn around however they must reach a point where they have enough and can see its actually not.

With divide in the dressing room 'apparently' , how can some players come out in support of RH then other totally against him?

They have to give hope to the fans without being seen as a trouble maker. Tough to do

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #38: Oct 24, 2010 08:29:42 am
      Very much seem like rehashes of rumours flying around on Twitter and texts earlier this week. Seem like gutter journalism.

On one note, The Mirror are very sensationalist with a lot of their stories but Brian Reade is running very much against Hodgson. I think they're careful to seem pro-Hodgson because of their part in the xenophobic tirade against Rafa, but Reade is always in the same pattern as the fans. Probably to the point where he'd rather see a defeat today so Hodgson goes. It's getting that way for a lot of fans now, which is painful but indicative of how he is doing.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Oct 24, 2010 08:38:29 am
      I would be disapointed in Torres if he WAS happy with Roy's management style! After all he is being made to look like an average player this season because Roy's tatics are leaving him isolated up front, and forcing him to chase long balls the entire match.
      There is no point players saying "give the manager time", he clearly isn't going to change his views on how the game should be played!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: Oct 24, 2010 08:49:30 am
      Fcuk me this thread has been started on the back off an "exclusive" article in the Daily Mail doesn't anybody ever learn anything?
      I personally wouldn't hang it up in the carzy!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41: Oct 24, 2010 09:04:31 am
      Fcuk me this thread has been started on the back off an "exclusive" article in the Daily Mail doesn't anybody ever learn anything?
      I personally wouldn't hang it up in the carzy!

I wouldn't wipe with it.
      miroa12004
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #42: Oct 24, 2010 09:05:15 am
      Rumors just keep on coming and it only gets worse for us, this is from a detailed Barca site on twitter

barcastuff barcastuff by JimBoardman
      Both Fernando Torres and Liverpool have been informed that Barcelona could put down a formal bid if the player will be sold. source: [sport]
      1 hour ago
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #43: Oct 24, 2010 09:21:35 am
      Massive day today and a massive 3 points are a must ,but I feel it's all about Roy Hodgson trying to convince everyone he isn't out of his depth,,there is definatly unrest in the camp which is the last thing you need when your in a struggle , with a free week next week a team  building / bonding trip away somewhere is a must .
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Oct 24, 2010 09:34:43 am
       These rumors will continue until the best players have left or the new owners start making some positive decisions, LFC are still in a difficult situation, with other EPL teams getting stronger both on and off the field, we run a risk of being left behind if something is not done, we need some strong leadership off the field     
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45: Oct 24, 2010 09:45:51 am
      If this is true, its bad. If it's lies, it's bad.

It's all bad. We are fukin 3rd bottom today, we need a win to move up 3 places.

I just can't see us beating anybody, thats down to roy's tactics as much as the players playing sh*te.

Quick Reply