Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Does anybody know which hotel Inter are staying in?

Read 4598 times
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 220 posts |
      Does anybody know which hotel Inter are staying in?
      Nov 01, 2010 11:28:19 pm
      anyone fancy standing outside the hotel and chanting for our rafa back?

could you imagine how the tw*ts at sky would feel, (cuz after all, we were soooo happy rafa left) if we stood outside praising the fight rafa put in and still is doing for liverpool football club.

MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: Does anybody know which hotel Inter are staying in?
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2010 11:49:41 pm
      Would be funny very unlikely though...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2010 12:13:08 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

Not that impressed with our ex manager taking the time to snipe away.
      Except for a few challenged individuals most of us want to see Hodgson go.
      Most of us would agree that on form Hodgson is worse than Rafa.

Rafa may or may not have a point of view but he should remember that he is manager of Inter Milan and not Liverpool.
      I dont know what his agenda is. I dont want to.
      Why does he keep looking over his shoulder?
      Im losing any respect I did have with this weekly stuff.

Inter coach Rafael Benitez has told Roy Hodgson to focus on managing Liverpool rather than criticising the Spaniard's transfer record as Reds boss.

Last week Hodgson bemoaned the number of "expensive failures" at the club.

But speaking ahead of Inter's match with Spurs, Benitez said: "He's talking about things that he doesn't know."

And following previous cryptic comments about a bottle of milk, Benitez added: "Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."

Inter play Spurs at White Hart Lane on Tuesday in a Champions League Group A match, having beaten Harry Redknapp's side 4-3 in the San Siro a fortnight ago.

With £10m net spending, I left that squad with £300m value, 13 internationals

Inter coach Rafa Benitez

Prior to that match, Benitez criticised Liverpool's former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett as well as former managing director Christian Purslow.

And describing his departure from Anfield last summer, he said: "We have a saying in Spanish: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"

On Monday, the former Liverpool boss was in equally combative mood.

"I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," said Benitez. "Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know. And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.

"Maybe he hasn't been in Liverpool too long. We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players. So maybe he cannot understand this.

"With £10m net spending, I left that squad with £300m value, 13 internationals.

"So, instead of talking about flips and flops, he has to concentrate on his job, try to do his best and not talk about the level of his players or the new players.

"Concentrate, try to do your best because it will be the best for the club and it will be the best for the fans."

Responding to Hodgson's accusations that Benitez had banned Kenny Dalglish from Liverpool's Melwood training ground during his time in charge, the Spaniard said: "I brought back Kenny Dalglish to do a role in the club and Christian Purslow gave him another role."

Turning his attention to Tuesday's match, Benitez suggested Spurs might have lost to Manchester United in the league on Saturday because they had one eye on the match with Inter.

"It's obvious that they were just concentrating on this game. I thought they were just thinking about this game because it's very, very important for them," said Benitez, whose Inter team top Group A and are three points ahead of Spurs.

Benitez will be without goalkeeper Julio Cesar and midfielder Esteban Cambiasso after the Brazilian and Argentine picked up thigh strains in Friday's 1-0 league win in Genoa.

Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport has identified 15 muscle-related injuries that have affected Inter players since the start of the season, which has led to criticism of Benitez's training regime.

"All teams have injuries," said Benitez. "We have a certain amount of muscle-related injuries but 40% of them were picked up on national team duty. Also, 85% of them are recurring from last year.

"We're playing a lot of games of course but 80% of our training time is spent with the ball. We are playing a lot of games and we have half the recovery time now compared with previous years, and two years ago there were even more injuries here.

"You must remember that last year we played a lot of games in three competitions and we had the World Cup."

Bottle Of Milk?   Mountain Of Sugar ?

No.

Pot Calling The Kettle Black?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9147570.stm
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2010 12:21:50 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

Rafa may or may not have a point of view but he should remember that he is manager of Inter Milan and not Liverpool.

Inter coach Rafael Benitez has told Roy Hodgson to focus on managing Liverpool rather than criticising the Spaniard's transfer record as Reds boss.

But speaking ahead of Inter's match with Spurs, Benitez said: "He's talking about things that he doesn't know."

And following previous cryptic comments about a bottle of milk, Benitez added: "Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."

Inter play Spurs at White Hart Lane on Tuesday in a Champions League Group A match, having beaten Harry Redknapp's side 4-3 in the San Siro a fortnight ago.

Inter coach Rafa Benitez

Prior to that match, Benitez criticised Liverpool's former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett as well as former managing director Christian Purslow.

And describing his departure from Anfield last summer, he said: "We have a saying in Spanish: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"

"I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," said Benitez. "Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know. And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.

"Maybe he hasn't been in Liverpool too long. We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players. So maybe he cannot understand this.

"So, instead of talking about flips and flops, he has to concentrate on his job, try to do his best and not talk about the level of his players or the new players.

"Concentrate, try to do your best because it will be the best for the club and it will be the best for the fans."

Responding to Hodgson's accusations that Benitez had banned Kenny Dalglish from Liverpool's Melwood training ground during his time in charge, the Spaniard said: "I brought back Kenny Dalglish to do a role in the club and Christian Purslow gave him another role."

Turning his attention to Tuesday's match, Benitez suggested Spurs might have lost to Manchester United in the league on Saturday because they had one eye on the match with Inter.

"It's obvious that they were just concentrating on this game. I thought they were just thinking about this game because it's very, very important for them," said Benitez, whose Inter team top Group A and are three points ahead of Spurs.

Benitez will be without goalkeeper Julio Cesar and midfielder Esteban Cambiasso after the Brazilian and Argentine picked up thigh strains in Friday's 1-0 league win in Genoa.

Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport has identified 15 muscle-related injuries that have affected Inter players since the start of the season, which has led to criticism of Benitez's training regime.

"All teams have injuries," said Benitez. "We have a certain amount of muscle-related injuries but 40% of them were picked up on national team duty. Also, 85% of them are recurring from last year.

"We're playing a lot of games of course but 80% of our training time is spent with the ball. We are playing a lot of games and we have half the recovery time now compared with previous years, and two years ago there were even more injuries here.

"You must remember that last year we played a lot of games in three competitions and we had the World Cup."

No.

our ex manager i not taking the time to snipe away,hes just getting his point across when asked a question fair play to him when he comes up against the english press all he gets is sh*t of them so for me well in rafa true in everything you said (IRafaWT)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2010 12:22:28 am

[/quote/]

Because he still cares and loves this club.

Simple.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2010 12:26:35 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

He cares.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Nov 02, 2010 12:26:53 am

How dare he find the time to answer questions put forward to him by journalists in a press conference. No manager has time for that!

Stop making an arse out of yourself.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Nov 02, 2010 12:28:47 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

Inter coach Rafa Benitez

No.

I lose respect for your posts every time i see you take the words of a man who is still showing more respect for this club than many others do and twist them into making him seem like he has an 'agenda' - seriously, its F***ing stupid mate. He is still getting sniped at by the english media, and people from the club - so why the F**k should he not tell it like it is still?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2010 12:37:41 am
      The man has received an unusual amount of negative press for someone who left his position as manager of LFC 5 months ago, I feel he has a right to defend himself from these allegations.  Had not a single word been mentioned since his departure and all the focus been about talking the current manager and the football we're playing, I'd be inclined to agree with you.  Sad fact is, it hasn't though and as such he's got every right to speak his mind right back.  Pot calling the kettle black applies far more to the media in my honest opinion.  Not to say Rafa has dealt with this in an exemplary manner or what many would consider "The Liverpool Way" of dealing with things but we have a saying in English and it goes a little something like "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander", now I know "two wrongs don't make a right" but the legends and icons of this club have been equally as guilty, if not more so of failing to uphold TLW of doing things by criticising the squad he left, the amount of money he spent etc.  

It's all very schoolyard-like in the "well, he started it" department but you can be sure of one thing, Rafa will finish it.  He's stubborn, determined and thick-skinned - those very same qualities we appreciated in him when he was our voice against the cancer in our club.  Had the circumstances been different and the press not uttered a word about Rafa and he kept coming out with these kind of comments, you'd have a point but nothing could be further from the truth and as such, based on the evidence placed in front of us, he has every right to defend himself.  As far as I'm concerned, it's fair game because that's the approach the media have taken on Rafa since his departure.  Don't pick a fight if you're not interested in fighting because Rafa's a good fighter.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2010 12:44:19 am
      The man has received an unusual amount of negative press for someone who left his position as manager of LFC 5 months ago, I feel he has a right to defend himself from these allegations.  Had not a single word been mentioned since his departure and all the focus been about talking the current manager and the football we're playing, I'd be inclined to agree with you.  Sad fact is, it hasn't though and as such he's got every right to speak his mind right back.  Pot calling the kettle black applies far more to the media in my honest opinion.  Not to say Rafa has dealt with this in an exemplary manner or what many would consider "The Liverpool Way" of dealing with things but we have a saying in English and it goes a little something like "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander", now I know "two wrongs don't make a right" but the legends and icons of this club have been equally as guilty, if not more so of failing to uphold TLW of doing things by criticising the squad he left, the amount of money he spent etc. 

It's all very schoolyard-like in the "well, he started it" department but you can be sure of one thing, Rafa will finish it.  He's stubborn, determined and thick-skinned - those very same qualities we appreciated in him when he was our voice against the cancer in our club.  Had the circumstances been different and the press not uttered a word about Rafa and he kept coming out with these kind of comments, you'd have a point but nothing could be further from the truth and as such, based on the evidence placed in front of us, he has every right to defend himself.  As far as I'm concerned, it's fair game because that's the approach the media have taken on Rafa since his departure.  Don't pick a fight if you're not interested in fighting because Rafa's a good fighter.

brilliant post m8 not a word wrong with that
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2010 12:54:38 am
      Well these word's don't suffice with people that have an obvious agenda of their own like eurored.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #11: Nov 02, 2010 01:18:58 am
      hmm, bit silly really. As somebody said, Rafa left 5 months ago. We need to move on, im not a fan of Roy at all but let's try and get behind the team and forget about Rafa as he is at Inter!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #12: Nov 02, 2010 04:08:04 am
      I can see Euro's point, but it's not like he goes into the press conference's saying this and that about Liverpool. He is constantly hammered with questions. He loves the club and I can understand why he feels the need to defend his actions on what is being said. They are attacking him, since Hodgson and the British Media started it.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #13: Nov 02, 2010 04:47:30 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

Inter coach Rafa Benitez

Bottle Of Milk?   Mountain Of Sugar ?

No.

WTF is your problem?

You wont see any other manager in this time who give two fucks about thier previous club. In every other interview he talks about LFC and Us the Fans. This clearly shows the love of his for this club.So dont be so Naive and atleast f***in respect the man for this.

In all Fairness I would still prefer Rafa over anybody else. He is a Top man and totally different class and way higher than all the sh*t managers of EPL and including our uncle Roy.

With money at his disposal Rafa is Golden. He is a big enough manager to attract any Top player in the world.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: Nov 02, 2010 08:12:50 am
      Well these word's don't suffice with people that have an obvious agenda of their own like eurored.

My agenda is very very simple.

I want the best for my club and 7th place isnt.

Nor is the relegation zone.

When we have a manager who puts us back as a minimum of "The Big Four" I may have some respect.

I may also have some respect for someone who shuts his mouth and gets on with the job in the Liverpool Way.

Obviously my agenda is very different to others.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #15: Nov 02, 2010 08:29:10 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

Inter coach Rafa Benitez

No.

I understand why you think this, but this is driven by the media. As I understand it , Rafa didn't just go on a rant , he was constantly being asked questions by the media about Hodgson's comments about Kenny. Apparently they wouldn't let it go and he decided to put the record straight !
      Now, in my book he had every right  to defend himself .
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #16: Nov 02, 2010 09:02:06 am

When we have a manager who puts us back as a minimum of "The Big Four" I may have some respect.

I may also have some respect for someone who shuts his mouth and gets on with the job in the Liverpool Way.

Maybe your agenda could take into consideration the man who made us one of "the big four" clubs again and allow him one poor season in which we finished 7th due to difficult circumstances because you know what he's capable of once those circumstances are gone.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2010 09:09:58 am
      Think its pretty foolish to say Rafa has an agenda against us, he is being sniped conssistently by the English media, our current manager and former players literally every week, responding to criticism and attempting to prove them wrong can hardly be classed as having an agenda, more fittingly its having a defence.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2010 09:24:45 am
      FFS move on people ,as much as we love him ,Rafa aint our manager its in the past 

whts the point in going over this again and again put your efforts behind the team instead of this
      or is it Rafa you support not Liverpool
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Nov 02, 2010 09:42:38 am
      No I don't (know which hotel they're staying in).

Sorry.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #20: Nov 02, 2010 10:09:32 am

So explain to me.

How the F**k is Rafa speaking about Liverpool affecting our position?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Nov 02, 2010 10:19:07 am
      No mate.
      I wouldnt have time.

No.

What you have to take into consideration Euro is simple, not once has Rafa openly initiated talking about Liverpool, he has been drawn into talking about Liverpool following comments from Purslow and Hodgson, even then he has maintained dignified silence until in press confrences the media have constantly pushed him for a response.

If your looking for someone to blame for Rafa's comments mate, you have to look closer to home Purslow, Hodgson and the good old british media, but the thing is, if Purslow and Hodgson kept their mouths shuts and concentrated on Liverpool F.C and stopped trying to deflect their short comings onto Benitez, then they wouldn't give the media the ammunition to ask Benitez the questions in the first place.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2010 10:37:17 am
      My guess is the grove in Watford Hertfordshire. That's were England normally stay when at wembley.

Quick Reply