Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Reina hints at Liverpool exit

Read 15293 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Re: Reina hints at Liverpool exit
      Reply #138: Nov 12, 2010 12:30:05 pm
      Just wish someone from the club or Pepe himself would tell us what is going on. If this is true then this will be a real test of our new owners.
      I really hope they don't underestimate just how important somebody like Pepe is both on and off the field.
      It is at times like this when you wish they were based over here !

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #139: Nov 12, 2010 12:47:54 pm
      Sh*t Dutch goalkeeper who used to train kids on the wirral. Now he gets payed to train Pepe Reina for a living.
      A coach or manager shouldn't be judged on his playing career, most good managers and coaches in today's football never were top players. I don't know that much about the guy but I think Rafa probably knew what he was doing when bringing him in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #140: Nov 12, 2010 12:50:04 pm
      On the off chance that this is correct can I suggest this, God knows I'm not normally in to this kind of thing for a player but in my eyes hes our most important player BAR NONE

So how about an email or letter campaign signed off by not only members of here but whatever other forums we can get on board. Let him know, if he already doesn't, what he means to us and ask him to give the new owners time to settle in and sort things out. Don't let the old regime and current managers inabilities force him out of his home. Ye can see how much the club means by his reactions to a goal, a win a loss and so on.

For me he'd be worth the effort
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #141: Nov 12, 2010 12:53:25 pm
      On the off chance that this is correct can I suggest this, God knows I'm not normally in to this kind of thing for a player but in my eyes hes our most important player BAR NONE

So how about an email or letter campaign signed off by not only members of here but whatever other forums we can get on board. Let him know, if he already doesn't, what he means to us and ask him to give the new owners time to settle in and sort things out. Don't let the old regime and current managers inabilities force him out of his home. Ye can see how much the club means by his reactions to a goal, a win a loss and so on.

For me he'd be worth the effort

I think people on here would put their effort into a 'Roy Out' campaign first if there was to be one.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #142: Nov 12, 2010 12:53:56 pm
      Cmon People ,DO NOT panic. The Reina story is rubbish. So are any 'quotes' related to it. Granted he is not particularly happy, but, he will NOT be leaving in January.

The intent and ambition shown in the winter market will be the key.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #143: Nov 12, 2010 12:57:03 pm
      Cmon People ,DO NOT panic. The Reina story is rubbish. So are any 'quotes' related to it. Granted he is not particularly happy, but, he will NOT be leaving in January.

The intent and ambition shown in the winter market will be the key.

there should be more posts like this on this forum. I am getting quiet worried by all this talk to be honest as anything can happen in modern football. I just hope the rumours are total bullshit

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #144: Nov 12, 2010 01:09:10 pm
      Pepe Reina today dismissed media reports claiming he has told Roy Hodgson he wants to leave Liverpool.

The Spain international exclusively told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I have seen a newspaper has made this suggestion. It is completely untrue.

"I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January, or at any other time. It is important our fans know this.

"I have a long-term contract at Liverpool and I am fully committed to the club.

"Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me."

Reina, who has played in 18 of the Reds' 21 games this season, added: "The entire squad and staff are working very hard to get us back competing at the top of the table. We will not be distracted by inaccurate media speculation."
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #145: Nov 12, 2010 01:12:09 pm
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #146: Nov 12, 2010 01:14:55 pm
      A coach or manager shouldn't be judged on his playing career, most good managers and coaches in today's football never were top players. I don't know that much about the guy but I think Rafa probably knew what he was doing when bringing him in.

Im pretty sure under Rafa we had a different goalkeeper coach that he took to Inter with him. I think John's role under Rafa was to train the likes Bouzanis, Hansen and Gulasci and now Roy's give him first team duties. I could be wrong though. But I'm certain we had a different GK coach under Rafa.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #147: Nov 12, 2010 01:15:44 pm
      Im pretty sure under Rafa we had a different goalkeeper coach that he took to Inter with him. I think John's role under Rafa was to train the likes Bouzanis, Hansen and Gulasci and now Roy's give him first team duties. I could be wrong though. But I'm certain we had a different GK coach under Rafa.

we did, and he's gone to Inter with Rafa too
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #148: Nov 12, 2010 01:18:36 pm

We did... his name was Xavi Valero.

And he played for Wrehxam... so... Dexter is right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavi_Valero
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #149: Nov 12, 2010 01:21:26 pm
      The official site.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #150: Nov 12, 2010 01:21:32 pm
      Pepe just issued a''BIG'' not going anywhere statement.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #151: Nov 12, 2010 01:22:16 pm
      If he leaves, I expect Torres to as well. And we'll probably struggle to attract big name players.

When your big name players are hinting at exits, it tells alot about what's happening, IMO.
      Bingo you have hit the nail on the head why would anyone come here for Roy if we loose our best players.
      Pepe and torres do not look happy if they think Gerrard and Carra got Rafa the sack then no wonder the team would appear to be divided.
      what we need is a good top class motivational manger to bring everyone together.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #152: Nov 12, 2010 01:23:26 pm
      SkySportsNews are reporting that Pepe insists he is 'fully committed' to Liverpool.

Yet another load of bollocks from the sh*t stirring press then...............
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #153: Nov 12, 2010 01:24:17 pm
      Pepe just issued a''BIG'' not going anywhere statement.

Pepe's statement just the tonic!! Let's all hope it isn't an Alonso moment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #154: Nov 12, 2010 01:26:24 pm
      "its important for our fans to know this"

Nice one Pepe. I can only compare what I think of him to what Fowler was to me in my early teens, God like!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #155: Nov 12, 2010 01:28:40 pm
      SkySportsNews are reporting that Pepe insists he is 'fully committed' to Liverpool.

Yet another load of bollocks from the sh*t stirring press then...............
      There you go, but, hey, like that's going to help quell speculation.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #156: Nov 12, 2010 01:29:18 pm
      We did... his name was Xavi Valero.

And he played for Wrehxam... so... Dexter is right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavi_Valero

That's the one. Thanks.

Delighted to hear Pepe's staying.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #157: Nov 12, 2010 01:42:42 pm
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #158: Nov 12, 2010 02:13:51 pm
      Never doubted his loyalty, ain't a surprise to me and I'm sure he'll be here for life now. Lock this sh*t off!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #159: Nov 12, 2010 02:32:19 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9184747.stm

BBC.

Reina: Im going nowhere.

Check your sources.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #160: Nov 12, 2010 02:59:52 pm
      Thats good news I think we would really miss Pepe if he left he is such a positive influence.

Quick Reply