Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Its all hotting up in serie A

Read 7936 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Its all hotting up in serie A
      Nov 22, 2010 12:13:20 pm
      Well, well Rafa Benitez loses again. Thats 9 points off the leaders AC Milan and hes calling for the team to stick together. The honeymoon period is well and trually over for Rafa it may seem. Will they stick with him ? I cant see how they can. last term the feel good factor was ever present at Inter as they won the treble with ease. They did say, after Mourinho left, that his shoes would be hard to fill and it sure is showing. The EPL is hotting up too. Roy Hodgson is far from safe, though the results of late have bought him time. Anchelotti is also getting itchy feet and Wilkins sacking did not do Chelsea any favours at all.

So hears the thing. What are the chances of this scenario happening over the coming weeks ?

Anchelotti says I,ve had enough and quits Chelsea. Liverpool take another downward spirral after losing to Spurs next week and the new owner says enough is enough and they sack Hodgson. Inter loose thier next game in the Champions league and thier defence of the CL and Serie A becomes ever more so difficult and they decide to sack Benitez.

Anchelotti is installed as new Inter coach.
      Roy Hodgson gets sacked and disapears into football oblivion.
      Rafa Benitez makes an emotional return to Anfield and goes on to get us a top 4 place.

Your thoughts please before I wake up from this dream.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Its all hotting up in serie A
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2010 12:15:59 pm
      Maybe, well maybe it's just another tactical move from the 'Spanish waiter' to get himself sack and come walking out from the tunnel of Anfield once again?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2010 12:25:17 pm
      Anchelloti at Inter? I can't see that happening to be honest. But all that sounds very interesting indeed.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2010 12:27:28 pm
      The sackings / departures I could see - but more likely Ancelotti at Anfield than Rafa.

Woy could always go back to Inter for a third time...

azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2010 12:32:31 pm
      Well, well Rafa Benitez loses again. Thats 9 points off the leaders AC Milan and hes calling for the team to stick together. The honeymoon period is well and trually over for Rafa it may seem. Will they stick with him ? I cant see how they can. last term the feel good factor was ever present at Inter as they won the treble with ease. They did say, after Mourinho left, that his shoes would be hard to fill and it sure is showing. The EPL is hotting up too. Roy Hodgson is far from safe, though the results of late have bought him time. Anchelotti is also getting itchy feet and Wilkins sacking did not do Chelsea any favours at all.

So hears the thing. What are the chances of this scenario happening over the coming weeks ?

Anchelotti says I,ve had enough and quits Chelsea. Liverpool take another downward spirral after losing to Spurs next week and the new owner says enough is enough and they sack Hodgson. Inter loose thier next game in the Champions league and thier defence of the CL and Serie A becomes ever more so difficult and they decide to sack Benitez.

Anchelotti is installed as new Inter coach.
      Roy Hodgson gets sacked and disapears into football oblivion.
      Rafa Benitez makes an emotional return to Anfield and goes on to get us a top 4 place.

Your thoughts please before I wake up from this dream.
      Not good enough for Inter but good enough for us? 9 points behind AC Milan? 6 points behind the mighty Lazio? You sure you're having a dream and not a nightmare? The only team in the Prem who would possibly take him is Hammers, "assuming" Grant is fired if they lose to Wigan on saturday...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2010 12:42:05 pm
      I reckon i'm one of a few who actually liked Benitez, would have given him more time but would not take him back. You can't look back to go forward - it just doesn't work.

Having said that; i'd be happy enough if Kenny stood in here 'until such times' and Inter were to 'look back' and get Hodgson in to 'troubleshoot'.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 09:10:39 am by bad boy bubby »
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Nov 22, 2010 12:44:17 pm
      I have an 'alternative' scenario, which is just a likely...

Rafa pulls the team together and wins everything..
      Anchelotti decies to stay and wins the title and European cup. [I might end up eating these words, theres a press conference at Chealski later today].
      Roy Hodgeson, against all the odds, gets Liverpool playing like we want them to and finish fourth and wins the FA cup.
      Wagner wins X-factor.
      All my hair grows back overnight, and a six pack miraculously appears where the beer belly is now.  ;)

Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #7: Nov 22, 2010 12:45:52 pm
      Ooohhh, you have done it now, here come the Rafa bashers!!!!  :f_doh:
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #8: Nov 22, 2010 12:47:03 pm
      Ooohhh, you have done it now, here come the Rafa bashers!!!!  :f_doh:

Exactly, good excuse for their bullshit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #9: Nov 22, 2010 12:57:49 pm
      The sackings / departures I could see - but more likely Ancelotti at Anfield than Rafa.

If Chelsea did decide to get shut of Ancelotti, I'd be in like a shot for him.

Always comes across respectful and humble. he's far too good for those Chelsea cu*ts anyway!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Nov 22, 2010 01:01:13 pm
      Well at least this means we won't have people playing the 'look how well Wafa is doing at Inter' card.  Cause they are doing sh*te at the moment, 9 points off the top. Same as us :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #11: Nov 22, 2010 01:04:18 pm
      If Chelsea did decide to get shut of Ancelotti, I'd be in like a shot for him.

Agree.

Something doesn't seem right behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge. Probably John Terry again - just like he shafted England over in the summer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #12: Nov 22, 2010 01:04:44 pm
      How many players do inter have out injured?

Anyway inter will stick with rafa as they know they have a very good chance of retaining the champions leauge with him also another cup.

Ancelloti will go in the summer maybe back to italy at roma.

Hodgson will get the boards backing in the summer and sign a new 5 year deal.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #13: Nov 22, 2010 01:06:46 pm
      I cant see peoples' sentiments in wanting Rafa back but I honestly don't think it would ever happen now.

I agree with Ancelotti though, Chelsea would be stupid to let him go. They were stupid to let Mourinho go but Abramovic is playing real life football manager.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #14: Nov 22, 2010 01:11:52 pm
      Oh to be on 20 points after 13 games.

;)

I get the impression Rafa can't be arsed with Inter.  It's funny that since we got new owners they've gone off the rails.  And as for Ancelotti at Chelsea - utter madness their results.  Yet still top!

The honeymoon period is well and trually over for Rafa it may seem.

What's a managerial honeymoon period?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #15: Nov 22, 2010 01:15:28 pm

What's a managerial honeymoon period?

Has woy had one yet?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Nov 22, 2010 01:20:42 pm
      Agree.

Something doesn't seem right behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge. Probably John Terry again - just like he shafted England over in the summer.

Probably is that c**t again.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #17: Nov 22, 2010 01:39:38 pm
      I reckon i'm one of a few who actually liked Benitez, would have given him more time but would not take him back. You can't look back to go forward - it just doesn't work.

Flux. Capacitor.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #18: Nov 22, 2010 01:50:52 pm
      If that ever happens we'll win the league.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 22, 2010 02:01:30 pm
      Liverpool take another downward spirral after losing to Spurs next week and the new owner says enough is enough and they sack Hodgson.

its irrelevant. hodgson wont be sacked.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #20: Nov 22, 2010 02:13:40 pm
      Or Capello gets sacked - woy takes over (konchensky is over the moon - he will displace ashley cole finally).

Capello decides he wants to repeat his bloody brilliant club successes - with Liverpool.

Liverpool win the title, the Europa and the FA cup.

A few more years of massive success - League titles, Champions League titles, etc, etc.

Capello resigns - Mourinho takes over at Liverpool and on and on we go!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Nov 22, 2010 02:24:55 pm
      Whoever, if anyone, replaces Rafa they will get the same results. So much injuries.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 22, 2010 02:32:27 pm
      This doesn't belong in the Kop. Move this.

Quick Reply